Other Shows: Arrow . The Tomorrow People . Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. . The Originals . The 100 . Star-Crossed . Bates Motel . Devious Maids
Photo

"Listen" - Glee Cast - Dreamgirls - Glee

• Please log in to reply
192 replies to this topic

bld9696

bld9696

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

The "Alexandra Burke" recording is actually Charice, recorded at Leeza Gibbons After Oscars party in 2009. Listening to these other versions just emphasizes how great Charice's voice truly is.
QUOTE (sunshinefanguy @ Sep 19 2010, 01:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I need to reference these. Can you help me? All I have are these. Not all of them are 'black' though. Can you help me search for black people ?

Other Artists:
Alexandra Burke
<object width="250" height="25"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/f95so707134?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/f95so707134?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="250" height="25"></embed></object>
Bianca Ryan
<object width="250" height="25"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WdOjLXF0JtY?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WdOjLXF0JtY?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="250" height="25"></embed></object>
Syesha Mercado
<object width="250" height="25"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JSTafOaSYdQ?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JSTafOaSYdQ?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="250" height="25"></embed></object>
AngelicaV1 (youtube)
<object width="250" height="25"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bILddGdBZJs?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bILddGdBZJs?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="250" height="25"></embed></object>
Dutch Idols Medley
<object width="250" height="25"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ecuRkbVVSAE?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ecuRkbVVSAE?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="250" height="25"></embed></object>

cubbie5150

cubbie5150

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
I was more impressed w/ the YouTube vid of her "Listen" rehearsal in Italy. Don't get me wrong, the Glee studio version is fine, but as others have stated, her live versions simply blow me away.

I knew nothing of this girl until about 3 weeks ago (I don't really track Glee news until the season is near....yeah, a bad fan), so I searched for her on YouTube when I finally saw she was going to be a special guest star. The first YouTube clip I viewed was her doing "Note to God" on Oprah...I actually got goosebumps; there was so much emotion, tears from her, Oprah & the audience. Anywho, it all comes down to taste. I am not a show tunes person; I prefer more bluesy, ballsy sound. I fell in love w/ Charice's voice the first time I heard it...

johnw

johnw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 778 posts
QUOTE (cubbie5150 @ Sep 29 2010, 08:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was more impressed w/ the YouTube vid of her "Listen" rehearsal in Italy. Don't get me wrong, the Glee studio version is fine, but as others have stated, her live versions simply blow me away.

I knew nothing of this girl until about 3 weeks ago (I don't really track Glee news until the season is near....yeah, a bad fan), so I searched for her on YouTube when I finally saw she was going to be a special guest star. The first YouTube clip I viewed was her doing "Note to God" on Oprah...I actually got goosebumps; there was so much emotion, tears from her, Oprah & the audience. Anywho, it all comes down to taste. I am not a show tunes person; I prefer more bluesy, ballsy sound. I fell in love w/ Charice's voice the first time I heard it...

Like most of us, instant Chadiction.

ldmovies

ldmovies

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 999 posts
Wow! I' guess I lost this thread when it got moved lol.

Anyways, Most Charice fans here know where I stand but I do have one quibble with this song/performance.

I just wish it remained "Sunshine" who performed. The cute girl in the bathroom with her signature look etc.
IT felt like we were introduced to Sunshine and got to like her in Telephone, then Charice came in to do the audition piece in Listen.

Fogh

Fogh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
QUOTE (ldmovies @ Oct 1 2010, 12:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow! I' guess I lost this thread when it got moved lol.

Anyways, Most Charice fans here know where I stand but I do have one quibble with this song/performance.

I just wish it remained "Sunshine" who performed. The cute girl in the bathroom with her signature look etc.
IT felt like we were introduced to Sunshine and got to like her in Telephone, then Charice came in to do the audition piece in Listen.

I am not sure the shy cute girl from the bathroom could have pulled off that performance.. This was a .. look at what I can and you shouldnt have treated me badly performance.. perhaps a glimpse of what to come.

If they wanted it to be the shy, cute girl with pigtails singing the song, she should have started out very very low and then found some confidence as she sang more of the song. They could have chosen that path but I dont think it was appropriate for the situation where she had just experienced a Lima crackhouse and probably still fuming even tho Rachel apoligized.

johnw

johnw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 778 posts

In one of her four trips to Italy Charice performed with 13 y/o prodigy Christian Imparato. they sang Adagio (in Italian) and then did a DUET of "LISTEN".

Listening to these two vocal prodigies brought a smile to my face.

sunshinefanguy

sunshinefanguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts
QUOTE (bld9696 @ Sep 28 2010, 08:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The "Alexandra Burke" recording is actually Charice, recorded at Leeza Gibbons After Oscars party in 2009. Listening to these other versions just emphasizes how great Charice's voice truly is.

Oooppps. Fixed original post.

johnw

johnw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 778 posts

Here's some more 'Listen' to tide us over until "The Substitute (Gwyneth Paltrow)" appears along w/Sunshine.

The Italians seem to like to listen to "Listen" a lot:

The Rehearsal:

The Performance:

Closing Song:

mardin

mardin

Gold Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,144 posts
Charice is really awesome smile.gif

Gervy

Gervy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
This was my favorite song of the first episode with Telephone coming in close second. I hadn't heard of Charice before this episode but when I saw her sing this, I could tell she has experience performing from how she owned the song biggrin.gif

Gleek1978

Gleek1978

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,341 posts
It was a great version by Charice, loved the way Rachel was watching her in a huff as she performed it, still my fave version of Listen though is when Alexandra Burke performed it live on X factor with Beyonce!

johnw

johnw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 778 posts
QUOTE (Gleek1978 @ Dec 14 2010, 05:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It was a great version by Charice, loved the way Rachel was watching her in a huff as she performed it, still my fave version of Listen though is when Alexandra Burke performed it live on X factor with Beyonce!

As you know Glee autotunes everyone, regardless if they need it or not. Here is Charice performing 'Listen' LIVE @ the Oscars (post) in 2009.

Leeza Gibbons:

Kodak Theater:

johnw

johnw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 778 posts
QUOTE (Gervy @ Oct 17 2010, 06:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This was my favorite song of the first episode with Telephone coming in close second. I hadn't heard of Charice before this episode but when I saw her sing this, I could tell she has experience performing from how she owned the song biggrin.gif

I should say Charice has experience in singing 'Listen' - here is Charice singing 'Listen' @ age 14 using a kareoke machine. Some think she sounds better than her more recent renditions of 'Listen'.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Other Shows: Arrow | The Tomorrow People | Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | The Originals | The 100 | Star-Crossed | Bates Motel | Glee | Devious Maids