Other Shows: Arrow . The Tomorrow People . Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. . The Originals . The 100 . Star-Crossed . Bates Motel . Devious Maids
Photo

Rachel and Finn's second duet

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

verity

verity

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,109 posts

QUOTE (charliepacia @ Oct 12 2010, 08:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It was funny.. It was so bad that it was so good... smile.gif

Yup it was so awesomely terrible but terribly awesome at the same time.

I'm sure Rachel came up with this idea all on her own. I was surprised that the boy knew the meaning of the word "offensive!" laugh.gif tongue.gif

Gleek_love

Gleek_love

LOVE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 346 posts
I loved the second/fake duet they did even tho they were trying to thow the comp..
Hope it comes out as a single for the ep.. no idea why no in the first place.. Kind of weird they left it out i think

Paris

Paris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
I didn't know what Rachel was dressed as when I watched it. I didn't know nuns dressed in such short skirts. I thought the scene was hilarious. I actually loved the vocals on this duet so I do hope they release the song.

Fishie

Fishie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts
Loved the singing in their duet but their costumes were a little weird.

Finchel_Faithfully

Finchel_Faithfully

Finchel♥Monchele

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,358 posts
This song was awesome, I want this to be released cause I need to have this song. biggrin.gif

Canadiangirl

Canadiangirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 457 posts
QUOTE (lauracw @ Oct 12 2010, 07:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I thought it was completely hilarious. My husband, who was being forced to watch it with me was all "I don't get it, why are you laughing?" that made it even funnier, lol!

LMAO! After you explained it to him, did he think it was funny?

I just watched the scene again and I'm still laughing! At the end of the song when they do the praying hands was so hilarious!

Mike starting to clap, Tina stopping him.

Sam- that was rude!
Tina- really rude!

Quinn- I want to punch both of you in the face!
Mr.Shu's little speech

And then Finn and Rachel acting like there was nothing wrong with it!

Best part of the show.

akosikimpie

akosikimpie

"I always want to sing with you"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,723 posts
My grandma was listening to it, she wasn't really watching. And I was like, "don't you know it's offensive? Look at what they're doing." mellow.gif Lol.
But it was funny. tongue.gif

GothGirl

GothGirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
QUOTE (Glee Is My Crystal Meth @ Oct 12 2010, 07:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They were trying to be offensive by mocking Christianity, so that they would lose, and Sam would win. It was wacko.gif and laugh.gif at the same time.

I know it was so inappropriate but I couldn't stop laughing. No way Rachel would allow herself to sing bad so it was a genius plan.

Redav

Redav

LOUDER THAN A CANNONBALL!!!

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,632 posts
  • GFA '12: Most Perverted
I bet the media will smash Glee again because of "political-incorrectness" dry.gif

(+ lesbianism)

bejt

bejt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,968 posts
QUOTE (ShiverMeTimbers @ Oct 13 2010, 05:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just rewatched and Cory's voice sounds great on that song. Hopefully someone will rip it from the episode, because minus the ridiculous performance they sound swell. smile.gif

yeah Cory just keeps improving...

Kat22

Kat22

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts
QUOTE (bejt @ Oct 13 2010, 06:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yeah Cory just keeps improving...

yes he does. he improved so much, i actually loved every single singing bit he had in season 2 thus far (i always liked his voice best, but you actually hear that he has been working on his signing)smile.gif

bembol

bembol

"not that there's anything wrong with that."

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts
It's one of the best moments last night, Finn & Rachel was amazing!

ShiverMeTimbers

ShiverMeTimbers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 941 posts
QUOTE (Canadiangirl @ Oct 13 2010, 10:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And then Finn and Rachel acting like there was nothing wrong with it!

"I really hope this doesn't cost of us competition. Let's sit down" haha this is actually the first episode all season that I liked Finchel. I like them being adorable together, not arguing about who's less popular.

QUOTE (Kat22 @ Oct 13 2010, 01:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yes he does. he improved so much, i actually loved every single singing bit he had in season 2 thus far (i always liked his voice best, but you actually hear that he has been working on his signing)smile.gif

The first "woman don't you know with you I'm born again" is my favorite part. So sexy tongue.gif

Beach Boy

Beach Boy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
After rooting for them last season I was thinking they couldn't work as a couple and then they were great this week. This scheme was so much fun to watch.

janesuz

janesuz

Advanced Member

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts
QUOTE (Fishie @ Oct 13 2010, 07:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Loved the singing in their duet but their costumes were a little weird.

That was the point.

I love how Rachel never once thought about jsut singing badly to thorw the competetion.

SecretSymphony

SecretSymphony

Musically Promiscuous

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 690 posts
I loved Finn and Rachel's second duet. Yes, I get that the costumes + prayer motions were totally inappropriate yet hilarious as was their 'shock' over losing the competition BUT the actual song was beautiful and Cory/Lea sounded really good in the snippet we got. I really hope that Glee wisens up and releases this as a bonus track on a future Glee CD. I did find the audio from the show though. I must have listened to this about 15 times already. tongue.gif

Zana89

Zana89

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
Okay, vocals alone? Amazing! Lea's always absolutely incredible, but Cory did really well too!
The scene as a whole? Hilarious! I laughed so much at this. The whole "offensive" thing was the whole point. Like GothGirl said, Rachel wouldn't sing badly (not only because she wouldn't want to, but also because if she did, everyone would know they were doing bad in purpose because Rachel does NOT sing badly, EVER, unless she has laryngitis, haha), so it really was genius. Especially after last episode, when they found out that most Glee-clubbers believe in God and feel connected to a certain religion. They knew it would be offensive and that was the whole point.
I love how they were all "what?! I am shocked!" after, so awesome!

leahglee

leahglee

Finny <3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts
I loveed it, I hope they release it.

Cory sounds SO SO SO SO good.

lolalola

lolalola

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts
QUOTE (Kat22 @ Oct 13 2010, 10:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, his voice has improved as has his control and his confidence when he moves.

I think I am in the minority in loving I liked DGBMH...(partially because I loved the original). I thought the performance was cute--Finn on the drums and the cute faces he makes..THUD...

Haven

Haven

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
I laughed so hard. The song sounded good so I hope it's released, but the costumes. laugh.gif You know Rachel came up with that plan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Other Shows: Arrow | The Tomorrow People | Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | The Originals | The 100 | Star-Crossed | Bates Motel | Glee | Devious Maids