Other Shows: Arrow . The Tomorrow People . Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. . The Originals . The 100 . Star-Crossed . Bates Motel . Devious Maids
Photo

Does Brittany have real feelings for Santana?

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

Poll: Does Brittany have real feelings for Santana? (326 member(s) have cast votes)

Does Brittany have real feeling for Santana?

1. Yes, there's definitely something there. (297 votes [91.10%])

Percentage of vote: 91.10%

2. No, it's just a comedic storyline. (29 votes [8.90%])

Percentage of vote: 8.90%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Cora

Cora

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,675 posts

My sister said while watching this episode --like a lightbulb had just gone on-- "Oh my gosh, Brittany's in love with Santana! That's why sex with guys doesn't mean anything to her!" Is there any chance that's right, or is it just a funny storyline? Are there two gay kids in Glee club?

ithinkabouttrees

ithinkabouttrees

Demigod warrior and Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
After the "Come to my Window" bit, I totally think Brit has the hots for Santana.

ohmyGLEEness

ohmyGLEEness

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts
I hope so. I just love them seeing together <3

Mike

Mike

Ex-Admin! :-D

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,398 posts
Considering the whole episode was basically Brittany trying to make Santana jealous for not wanting to admit she's gay? Yeah, yeah it is possible.

Paige630

Paige630

i am the greatest santana stan by far

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts
QUOTE (SiL3nT @ Oct 12 2010, 07:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Considering the whole episode was basically Brittany trying to make Santana jealous for not wanting to admit she's gay? Yeah, yeah it is possible.

Um, yeah, I'll just quote what you said. (:

starryeyed

starryeyed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
I really hope they make it a storyline. It would be so cute! I was totally not expecting this to be an in-show storyline! <3

jaymcb

jaymcb

"Now they are all looking for a Lea Michele type"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,926 posts
  • From the Top: Member Since 2009
That is the problem she like Santana but acts out with all the guys cause she doesn't think she really has anything with her.

Guest_stephanever

Guest_stephanever
  • Guests
QUOTE (SiL3nT @ Oct 13 2010, 03:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Pretty sure she was trying to make Santana jealous because she was jealous that she didn't choose her for the duet. I can't really see Brittany being all upset that she won't "admit she's gay" (we don't know she is) when Brit still has sex with loads of guys and has never said she's gay either...

N.B.: Brit was jealous because SHE LOVES SANTANA, obviously, I just don't think they're actually gay, bisexual if anything.

Startswith2

Startswith2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
I'm not speaking as a brittana fanatic

I really think the writers were trying to get that across that Brittany has more than friendly feeling towards Santana
just by the way her face dropped when Santana started talking about how she didn't want to be partners with her, it was all scripted like that on purpose

Raz

Raz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,489 posts
I hope they actually make it a legit lesbian relationship storyline. Not only cute, but topical.

TransformGleek

TransformGleek

Oh It's On Bitches!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,626 posts
There are some serious feelings for Santana. With Santana not wanting to be her partner and all. But I do see something for her and Artie. Because she looked horrible after Artie break off the duet and told her about the whole virginity thing. She looked sad and I wanted to hug her.

CLoveGlee

CLoveGlee

Recapping Fool

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,829 posts
  • GFA '12: Best Writer
Brittany is in love with Santana. Sex with boys is something she does because she thinks it somehow makes her more popular or more accepted. However, Santana is the one she really cares about. It's the only one that sticks.

I am not sure what Santana's angle is.

A Flawed Fashion

A Flawed Fashion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
I don't think Brittany was jealous that Santana was having sex with Puck, but that she said she doesn't have the same kinds of feelings for Brittany that Brittany has for her. Brittany has pretty strong feelings for Santana, but she has no qualms about either of them sleeping with other people. They both do it. She just seemed really disappointed that Santana didn't share her feelings.

CreedogV

CreedogV

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Um, a big resounding "yes"?

Honestly, I didn't even need my Brittana goggles this episode. The plot clearly indicated that Brittany has romantic feelings for Santana. Undeniably.

1. She proposed a romantic song to Santana.
  2. When rejected, she aggressively sought out a romantic relationship.
  3. When Santana witnessed her partnership, she mimed that she was cutting off Santana, clearly indicating that the entire charade was to incite her jealousy.
  4. She flat out told her that she found her attractive later on despite her anger.

QED

juvjuvychan

juvjuvychan

Your friendly neighborhood optimistic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
For me this episode had some nice development for both Santana, Brittney, and their relationship. Brittney was clearly upset that Santana didn't want to duet with her. They are both very open with their sexual lives but things like glee and singing mean more, those moments in glee are special. Like with what Quinn said in the episode, she likes being head cheerleader sure, but being in glee is different.

Santana and Brittney having no qualms about sleeping with whomever they chose. Because that's fun, and free, it hardly ever means anything. But together, in glee? That's different, that's special. There time together in glee are something between them and them only. Not something shared with the various nameless conquests they've gathered over thier high school careers.

I think this is why Santana is threatened by Artie and Brittney together because they could be more than that nameless guy in the lunch line. As we see with Brittney and Artie's conversation in the end of the episode. The sex clearly meant something to Artie, or at least he wanted it to, and Brittney is surprised by this. For her, the only meaningful sex was probably with Santana and that may have only been one sided from her end.

Artie can teach Brittney about a more meaningful relationship, and I think Santana can see that. But she doesn't want that. What her and Brittney have is easy and fun, with no complications, however in the end no matter how many guys or girls they go through they always go back to each other. With the possiblity of Brittney and Artie building something outside that bubble Santana's created with Brittney Santana's threatened.

Without Brittney who will Santana go to? Who will be her backup, her best friend, her girl?

Maybe I'm overanalzying all this maybe this is all in my head, but I hope not, cause this storyline has a lot of potential. happy.gif

brittana_luvr

brittana_luvr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
It is so obvious. I was really shocked. Like, I did not expect that to be a story line ever. I mean, we always hear the joke about Brittana and I love Brittana, but I never though it would be legit. I'm interested to see if it's going to be like the "sex isn't dating" comment and we have to wait another dozen episodes before we hear another thing about them.

Ellaria Sand

Ellaria Sand

Snake Charmer. The Serpent's Whore.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,948 posts
Brittany doesn't like "girls". She likes Santana. She's like a friend with benefits and she was mad she just used her for sex and didn't considered her for singing, specially after the whole Brittany/britney thing, when Brit showed she had some talent for singing besides dancing. Santana has dated guys before, and don't forget that was Brittany herself who told her to have sex with Finn and she had no problem with her doing that. Rather than jealous, she was HURT.

Glee Is My Crystal Meth

Glee Is My Crystal Meth

^my two fave ladies

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts
This is the closest thing to a complete consensus of opinion I've ever seen on this forum, or anywhere else for that matter. Unless the question is "Do you like Glee?" lol. Over 90% of us agree Brittany has real feelings for Santana. Wow. And I think Santana has real feelings for Brittany too, but she's a tough nut to crack. I think that after her Artie disaster, and realizing sex is more than just a game to some people Brittany will want something more, something deeper than just fooling around. Santana might not be ready to give her that. But hopefully she'll come around. smile.gif

ShiverMeTimbers

ShiverMeTimbers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 941 posts
After seeing this episode there is really no doubt that she has real feelings for her.

"I'm not making out with you cause I'm in love with you and want to sing about making lady babies."
Britt looked so sad. sad.gif

Lostit

Lostit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
We already know they're best friends with benefits. That's canon from season 1. The writers have been prepping for this since season 1. Brittany is definitely either gay or bisexual. She wants to touch Bieste's boobs in episode 1 and she calls Britney hot and says she's 100% in love with her in episode 2. In episode 3 Santana gives Brittany a very loving look after Brittany says heart attacks are from loving too much. They're both promiscuous but they both generally care for each other. The only thing that's ambiguous right now is how Santana feels. Is she just not into commitment or is she in denial? And is Brittany ready for a monogamous relationship?

I don't think Brittany has real feelings for Artie. She wanted to make Santana jealous and win the competition. The reason she looked so sad after Artie broke up with her is because she felt guilty for upsetting him so much (which is dumb because she didn't force him to have sex with her). "Artie, I'm sorry, I didn't know."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Other Shows: Arrow | The Tomorrow People | Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | The Originals | The 100 | Star-Crossed | Bates Motel | Glee | Devious Maids