Other Shows: Arrow . The Tomorrow People . Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. . The Originals . The 100 . Star-Crossed . Bates Motel . Devious Maids
Photo

Unbelievable.

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

Sarah Skank

Sarah Skank

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

QUOTE (HannahGolightly @ Sep 28 2009, 04:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Indeed. Or she could pretend miscarriage and get re-pregnant. I dunno. It's just confusing.

She should just pretend to miscarry anyway.
It's a lot easier than trying to convince someone to give up their frigging baby.

..Or be a grown-up tell Will the truth.

GleeTX

GleeTX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 773 posts
QUOTE (Sarah Skank @ Sep 30 2009, 06:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's a lot easier than trying to convince someone to give up their frigging baby.

..Or be a grown-up tell Will the truth.

We've met Will's parents, so it would be really funny to meet Terri's and have her mom be a pathological liar or something. The drunk mom and the liar mom...wouldn't THAT be a fun tea party!

Lauren

Lauren

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Honestly to me if she were to do that, the charachter would be dead to me. As horrible as what she's doing to Will is, I do think its a situation she found herself in. She thought she was pregenant, and then discovered she wasn't and didn't know how to tell Will. To lie and say she lost the baby? Aboustly inexcusable its just horrible.

Gleek257

Gleek257

Advanced Member

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,570 posts
QUOTE (Lauren @ Sep 30 2009, 09:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Honestly to me if she were to do that, the charachter would be dead to me. As horrible as what she's doing to Will is, I do think its a situation she found herself in. She thought she was pregenant, and then discovered she wasn't and didn't know how to tell Will. To lie and say she lost the baby? Aboustly inexcusable its just horrible.

I agree that it would be horrible, but I don't think she'd be completely dead to me. Butttt, I still say she should just tell him the truth. Maybe like, after she gets pregnant for real (if she does), she could tell him everything. It would really suck, and he would hate her at first (hopefully he'd get over it...) but I just really really want her to have a baby and live a happy life with Will...

bootslacrosse

bootslacrosse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
Great episode. I don't think Terri is 5 months pregnant, she told Will that she was pregnant in the pilot which would indicate she was just a couple weeks along. If she was really 5 months pregnant, 1. football season would be over already with snow on the ground (we are talking Ohio here) and 2. no one would be able to question whether or not she was pregnant with how big her belly would be at that stage. The time between episodes in show time are anywhere from 1 day to 1 week, not months. Theoretically Terri is only about a month to two months along. Just my thoughts.

JoseGer

JoseGer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
QUOTE (bootslacrosse @ Sep 30 2009, 05:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't think Terri is 5 months pregnant, she told Will that she was pregnant in the pilot which would indicate she was just a couple weeks along. If she was really 5 months pregnant, 1. football season would be over already with snow on the ground (we are talking Ohio here) and 2. no one would be able to question whether or not she was pregnant with how big her belly would be at that stage. The time between episodes in show time are anywhere from 1 day to 1 week, not months. Theoretically Terri is only about a month to two months along. Just my thoughts.

But Terry's sister Kendra says "Your Wife is gonna be pushing a water melon out of her boy-howdy in 5 months", that means she must have been pregnant for 4 months already...

bootslacrosse

bootslacrosse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
QUOTE (JoseGer @ Sep 30 2009, 10:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But Terry's sister Kendra says "Your Wife is gonna be pushing a water melon out of her boy-howdy in 5 months", that means she must have been pregnant for 4 months already...

OK, I think the show's timeline is slightly skewed, since she isn't actually pregnant, we and her sister don't really know how far along she would have been. Even if she was 4 months along, I think HS football season would still be over or close to over since she told Will of her pregnancy during the pilot.

I guess it don't really matter since it is only TV.

JoseGer

JoseGer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
QUOTE (bootslacrosse @ Sep 30 2009, 06:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OK, I think the show's timeline is slightly skewed, since she isn't actually pregnant, we and her sister don't really know how far along she would have been. Even if she was 4 months along, I think HS football season would still be over or close to over since she told Will of her pregnancy during the pilot.

I guess it don't really matter since it is only TV.

Who knows, maybe everything will be perfectly explained in future episodes... or maybe not XD.

Sarah Skank

Sarah Skank

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
QUOTE (Lauren @ Sep 30 2009, 11:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well I'm pretty sure that's not worse than convincing an 18-year-old to give up their baby
Or, pretending to miscarry then trying to get pregnant again.

If she's retarded enough to but on a fake belly to make her husband keep believing she's pregnant,
pretending to miscarry isn't that much of a stretch for her.

Matt Holck

Matt Holck

Advanced Member

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,740 posts
  • GFA '12: Most Original
I was so pleased to see Kurt represent the athleticism of a dancer on this show

WithoutWings

WithoutWings

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
QUOTE (Lauren @ Sep 30 2009, 09:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I see how her pretending to miscarry would be really horrible. However, I fail to understand how lying about a miscarriage is worse than getting your husband's students' baby and telling him "Yep, this is the child we conceived together". You're then lying to the kid and his father for the rest of their lives about the kid being adopted. I don't agree with that at all. Though neither of the options is good, that seems like the lesser of two evils to me.

Not that it matters anyways. We're WAY past Mr. Schue discovering she was faking being pregnant.

Team Finchel!

Team Finchel!

Finchel shipper and proud of it :)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,771 posts
I knew it would be Quick before I even saw this. smile.gif

Rick Lynn

Rick Lynn

SHE's BACK

• imgAdministrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,047 posts
  • GFA '13: Best Poster
  • GFA '14: Biggest Gleek
I just re-watched this episode. It really is fantastic.

Kamakana

Kamakana

Band Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,369 posts
I felt the same way when I first got into the series in summer 2010. There were a lot of Glee posters around my speech classroom after the F13, but back then I didn't want to watch the show just because I thought they were all ugly and holding loser signs in their faces. I was going through a tough time with self-image then, so I felt it offensive. I didn't really know that Glee EMBRACED those qualities. xD Even then, I wasn't sold in the first three episodes. I was annoyed yet inspired with Rachel, I didn't respond well to Acafellas, and Quinn was mean and not in a comedic way like Kitty is now. But 4 was PERFECT, I think.

MusicMan3889

MusicMan3889

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 421 posts
The Single Ladies dance is epic. And Burt's reaction to Kurt's touchdown was outstanding.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Other Shows: Arrow | The Tomorrow People | Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | The Originals | The 100 | Star-Crossed | Bates Motel | Glee | Devious Maids