Other Shows: Arrow . The Tomorrow People . Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. . The Originals . The 100 . Star-Crossed . Bates Motel . Devious Maids
Photo

So what will cause Kurt to return to McKinley?

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

hellohello

hellohello

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

My mom and I were just discussing this. Obviously he's going to return to McKinley soon, but what exactly will make him change his mind? I personally think it'll be a combination of him missing his old glee club and the Warblers losing sectionals. Maybe Kurt will watch ND perform and remember all the good times he had with them and decide to come back. However, I'm not exactly sure what they're going to do about Karofsky. The only options I can think of are...

1. Kurt tells some authority figure about the kiss, Karofsky gets expelled for sexual harassment. But I don't think that's going to happen because they're "exploring" the character more. Plus Max Adler has said that Karofsky will be in the superbowl episode. Isn't that in Feb.?

2. Karofsky isn't expelled but Kurt gets a restraining order. I don't know if that would allow them to attend the same school though.

3. Karofsky snaps and tries to kill himself (he may or may not succeed) and/or comes out and stops bullying Kurt.

Or, Karofsky decides to accept Blaine's help and becomes nice. Maybe even joins ND. But I highly doubt that would happen.

So, thoughts?

AshesAshes

AshesAshes

Gangway, world, get off of my runway!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts
IDK I just hope he returns soon and I hope they base his return on who wins or loses because that would make him seem really shallow imo.

TheOneGleeFan

TheOneGleeFan

All aboard the Kurt Hummel love boat!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 873 posts
QUOTE (AshesAshes @ Nov 25 2010, 07:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
IDK I just hope he returns soon and I hope they base his return on who wins or loses because that would make him seem really shallow imo.

I agree that would be pretty lame. I can't see him coming back soon it would feel way too ridiculous. Maybe he comes bacl because his ''dream'' with Blaine fails.

MikkaJ

MikkaJ

The Undisputed Top Bitches

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,774 posts
I don't necessarily think he'll be going back "soon" after Burt and Carole gave up their Honeymoon to be able to afford to send him there.

kurtastic

kurtastic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,302 posts
I think we're going to get at least another 2 or 3 episodes of Dalton!Kurt after the hiatus. At this point I can't even fathom what the reason for his return would be. Kurt's going to a place where he won't feel like his life is threatened at the turn of every corner. I don't think he'll stay the whole back part of the season, he'll probably return when Karofsky has some sort of redemption. As much as he misses his friends, he shouldn't have to go to school with them acting like the Secret Service. He should be able to walk down the hall way without Puck, Finn, and the gang building a wall for him.

Mike

Mike

Ex-Admin! :-D

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,398 posts
He'll have some super annoying campy after-school-special moment where he realizes that despite all the gay fabulousness of Dalton, he clearly belongs with the gay-bashers and EVIL EVIL PEOPLE of McKinley because he feels he has some sort of falsely owned sense of duty towards them to try and make them all better people (And by better people, I mean Kurt's bitches).

Or, that's how I'm expecting it to go.

smile.gif

hellohello

hellohello

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
Oh, yeah idk. I personally think he'll be back soon. Idk what I base that on, I just believe that for some reason. I'm sure he'll definitely be back eventually. By eventually, I mean before regionals, so by the end of the season. Also there was that behind the scenes thing where Chris talks about it, and says something along the lines of "it's hard for me because I'm missing them...I'll be back soon though..." Besides, if Burt and Carole get get engaged and married in the same episode, Kurt can switch schools and then return a couple episodes later.

NWOhiogal

NWOhiogal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
Here's my guess:

Kurt stays at Dalton for a few episodes. Blaine, although happy that Kurt is there, nevertheless points out that Kurt did the same thing he did - he let the bullies chase him away.

In the meantime, Karofsky reaches a breaking point and maybe runs off to kill himself. Kurt finds out about this somehow and moves to stop him, basically "talking him down" off the bridge or tall building or whatever.

Karofsky enters a facility to deal with his emotional issues, and Kurt, armed with new courage, returns to McKinley. Blaine either beams with pride from Dalton, or joins Kurt at McKinley so they can face the bullies together (and thus redeem himself from his own shame at running away the first time).

I'm probably totally off-base, but just wanted to put that possibility out there.

kurtastic

kurtastic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,302 posts
QUOTE (SiL3nT @ Nov 25 2010, 07:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He'll have some super annoying campy after-school-special moment where he realizes that despite all the gay fabulousness of Dalton, he clearly belongs with the gay-bashers and EVIL EVIL PEOPLE of McKinley because he feels he has some sort of falsely owned sense of duty towards them to try and make them all better people (And by better people, I mean Kurt's bitches).

Or, that's how I'm expecting it to go.

smile.gif

I'm curious and don't mean to call you out or anything. But is it really okay for Moderators to run around these threads bashing on characters like this? What a way to spread positivity. O.o;

Mike

Mike

Ex-Admin! :-D

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,398 posts
QUOTE (kurtastic @ Nov 25 2010, 11:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm curious and don't mean to call you out or anything. But is it really okay for Moderators to run around these threads bashing on characters like this? What a way to spread positivity. O.o;

No, moderators aren't allowed to bash, but I have to ask how you consider that character bashing. ohmy.gif (PM me the response, no point in having this in public. smile.gif) At best, it's bashing the writers.

Gleener

Gleener

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
How about this scenario:
Remember that Blaine said he really regretted running away to Dalton after being bullied at his old school? Perhaps he and Kurt will decide to both transfer to McKinley to stand up and try to change the bullying atmosphere there. This would set the storyline up for a developing romance and that Prom Kings episode Ryan Murphy foreshadowed. This decision might be prompted by or precede a Karofsky crisis of conscience. Max Adler seems a likeable, talented guy, so I bet his character will continue.
In any case, I see that they are no longer mentioning that Dalton Academy is in Worthington, Ohio, which makes it really awkward for Kurt and Blaine to continue a relationship in separate schools -- Worthington's about 90 miles from Lima! Not, of course, that reality has stopped a storyline before.

Bruce Wayne

Bruce Wayne

It's What I Do,

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,838 posts
Totes Kurtsofsky!!1!

*Touches self while purposely blinding self to the creepiness of the pairing*

MikkaJ

MikkaJ

The Undisputed Top Bitches

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,774 posts
QUOTE (hellohello @ Nov 25 2010, 11:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh, yeah idk. I personally think he'll be back soon. Idk what I base that on, I just believe that for some reason. I'm sure he'll definitely be back eventually. By eventually, I mean before regionals, so by the end of the season. Also there was that behind the scenes thing where Chris talks about it, and says something along the lines of "it's hard for me because I'm missing them...I'll be back soon though..." Besides, if Burt and Carole get get engaged and married in the same episode, Kurt can switch schools and then return a couple episodes later.

No, he says "but I hope I come back soon"

Noah Puckerman

Noah Puckerman

The Money Maker

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,923 posts
  • From the Top: Member Since 2009
QUOTE (NWOhiogal @ Nov 25 2010, 08:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here's my guess:

Kurt stays at Dalton for a few episodes. Blaine, although happy that Kurt is there, nevertheless points out that Kurt did the same thing he did - he let the bullies chase him away.

In the meantime, Karofsky reaches a breaking point and maybe runs off to kill himself. Kurt finds out about this somehow and moves to stop him, basically "talking him down" off the bridge or tall building or whatever.

Karofsky enters a facility to deal with his emotional issues, and Kurt, armed with new courage, returns to McKinley. Blaine either beams with pride from Dalton, or joins Kurt at McKinley so they can face the bullies together (and thus redeem himself from his own shame at running away the first time).

I'm probably totally off-base, but just wanted to put that possibility out there.

That sounds about right but I just hope Karofsky doesn't go to a facility, he just stays in school and becomes great friends with Kurt leading to their awesome romance.

Jazzbird

Jazzbird

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 799 posts
They could always go with something lame like they ran out of money. They had to use their savings to send Kurt there afterall (and Burt said he was looking for a new house). I really, really doubt that's what's going to happen though. I have no idea how they're going to come up with a good reason for Kurt to go back, but I have faith that they'll manage it tongue.gif

GLEE84

GLEE84

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 509 posts
Blaine offers to come to Mckinley with Kurt. Blaine is a full time character now and after sectionals the Warblers will not be needed, so it makes perfect sense for Blaine to transfer with Kurt and finally be able to stand up to the bully.

oito

oito

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
i like the idea of the Hummel family they ran out of money, its very realistic, but in other hand glee inst very realistic show.

hellohello

hellohello

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
QUOTE (oito @ Nov 25 2010, 12:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i like the idea of the Hummel family they ran out of money, its very realistic, but in other hand glee inst very realistic show.

True, that is very realistic. Personally, though, I'd rather see Kurt return to McKinley because he wants to, not because he has to.

AshesAshes

AshesAshes

Gangway, world, get off of my runway!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts

QUOTE (hellohello @ Nov 25 2010, 10:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
True, that is very realistic. Personally, though, I'd rather see Kurt return to McKinley because he wants to, not because he has to.

This makes sense too, since they did use their savings to send him and he still has some time before he's out of high school. I mean how are they going to pay for next year if he stays there? I also hope he doesn't return for some stupid shallow reason and that if he does its because he wants to. Anyway, I just hope him being at Dalton doesn't mean he'll fade into the background.

maybeitsagiraffe

maybeitsagiraffe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 515 posts
My personal theory is that Karofsky turn his attention to tormenting Finn and that leads to a really bad bullying incident with Finn hurt. They only had the money to send one boy to Dalton and when Kurt finds out what happened to Finn, he can't stay where he's safe when things are so awful for Finn too and there's no way for Finn to come to Dalton (if he even would). So Kurt comes back.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Other Shows: Arrow | The Tomorrow People | Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | The Originals | The 100 | Star-Crossed | Bates Motel | Glee | Devious Maids