Other Shows: Arrow . The Tomorrow People . Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. . The Originals . The 100 . Star-Crossed . Bates Motel . Devious Maids
Photo

Ryan Murphy: Lea Michele & Co. starring until 2012

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

SorinIonescu

SorinIonescu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

The creator of Glee, Ryan Murphy, said he expects that the stars stick to the project until 2012. As the history of Glee happens at school, it is logical that students graduate and are replaced by new students. The Chord Overstreet Cast in the role of Sam Evans in season 2 helped to initiate this process. "Every year we create a new group," says Murphy. "There's nothing more depressing than a high school bald." Murphy admits his fears regarding the potential departures of key characters played by Lea Michelle, Cory Monteith, Dianna Agron, Chris Colfer and Kevin McHale.

"I think you should stay true to the fact that there is a group of people coming and going in the lives of these teachers, they are graduates and they are going. When some of them leave high school, we will be entitled nearest episodes very touching. For me, it will particularly hard but new players will arrive. " One imagines that the hearings of the said manner of episodes escalate significantly.

"I was worried about this decision but I think one thing that pleases me is that we can do that for years if we can make new characters."

Source: glee.fr

Worf

Worf

Sex Syrup.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts
lol RM can't honestly be that stupid?

I'd rather the show get canceled.

SorinIonescu

SorinIonescu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
QUOTE (Worf @ Dec 1 2010, 01:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why would you think like that? In TV business nobody`s irreplaceble. I litteraly love actual cast but i`m possitive that there`s a lot of other actors that can do this job just as great as Lea and rest of the crew. This series is an realy original series and desirve to be part of our lives foar as many years as it could. I have tone of examples of series who changed its cast and still be as great as before. One in mind is One Tree Hill.

So sorry Meg but i think youre not thinking right.

kris_lately

kris_lately

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 852 posts
well i might not be thinking right either, but i get attached too easily. now that i'm invested in rachel, kurt, finn, etc...can't see "glee" being glee without them. i understand LOGICALLY, but my heart is not logical all the time

Redav

Redav

LOUDER THAN A CANNONBALL!!!

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,632 posts
  • GFA '12: Most Perverted
QUOTE (Worf @ Dec 1 2010, 11:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

2 words... MO -NEY

merve

merve

Where have you been?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts
The second Lea Michele leaves the show, Glee is over for me.

SorinIonescu

SorinIonescu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
Well until May 2012 we can enjoy Lea`s performances. At least thats the plan. I sure hope that they stick together until i`m 50 years old so my life wouldn`t be boring... but.. well, we`ll live and see.

magnetsmile

magnetsmile

I heart Glee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 888 posts
I'm saddened by this. Oh well, we have until 2012 so it's awhile away but still! I'd much rather the show end with the original cast.

gleekid

gleekid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts
Oooh, I'm so glad I'm a Brittany fan. She'll probably never manage to graduate, so she'll be on for at least the next few years or so biggrin.gif

SorinIonescu

SorinIonescu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
QUOTE (gleekid @ Dec 1 2010, 11:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oooh, I'm so glad I'm a Brittany fan. She'll probably never manage to graduate, so she'll be on for at least the next few years or so biggrin.gif

hahah good one, and actualy its possible that the next leading actors to be Blaine, Sam and Brittany

QUOTE (gleekid @ Dec 1 2010, 11:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hahah good one, and actualy its possible that the next leading actors to be Blaine, Sam and Brittany

saarele

saarele

The Honey Badger

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,731 posts
I already feel like crying and it's effing annoying. I mean, that means we're already like half way done with this cast. HALF WAY!

RM - I really dislike you right now.

Though I guess if I was receiving a gazillion dollars per season, I'd do the same.

Princess_Missy

Princess_Missy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
This really annoys me. I understand why he's doing it, but if you take away the characters the show is meaningless to me. I'm not saying I don't want them to introduce new characters, I do. But if that means taking away the characters I have grown to love then I'd rather not watch the show.

Noah Puckerman

Noah Puckerman

QUICK IS ALIVE!

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,582 posts
Um yeah, glee needs the original characters. But anyway, I can't even see the series lasting more than 3 seasons anyway because the show just doesn't seem like it can handle that much. Though, it's a money machine for FOX so they'll probably demand glee continues for eternity.

SorinIonescu

SorinIonescu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
I realy can`t actualy understand you guys. That man said pretty clear: Glee Club has its history during high school. This is a show about high school life and music! It`s common sense to realize that this characters can`t stay more that 4 years in the show. I, for one, would be happy if the crew stay`s intact until 2012, altough its quite possible that at least Lea won`t stay that long. This girl has become in one year what others need maybe a life time to become. A veritable star. Everyone is looking for her, everyone wants her in theyre projects.

I`ve noticed that some of you are thinking as they are, teenagers, but you have to be more mature about this show.

Princess_Missy

Princess_Missy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
^I'm just curious, but why do you watch the show? What do you watch it for? The characters, the music, the message... what?

SorinIonescu

SorinIonescu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
QUOTE (Princess_Missy @ Dec 2 2010, 11:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
^I'm just curious, but why do you watch the show? What do you watch it for? The characters, the music, the message... what?

Me? Well let`s see. For the originality, for the music. These are primordial reasons. For characters, specialy Lea and Dianna, for the drama inside the story. For what the actors are: almost like us. They aren`t actors like in other series, they`re just someone like us, passionate for music whot are lucky enough to living the dream. I for one think that these people are or should be role models to my generation and specialy for teenagers.
Trust me, nowadays i watch around 30 tv series, but this... this is something else. I almost can`t express what makes me feel this show. But on the other hand i`m conscious that this show will not be the same forever, but once i started to love it no matter in wich direction will go i`ll still love it. With or without Lea, with or without Dianna.

I can write about why i love this show pages and pages but i think you got the idea. And if you don`t, let me know, i have enough time to express my thoughts here smile.gif

Princess_Missy

Princess_Missy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
I understand your point of view then smile.gif For me, I watch it for the characters. The music and the theatrics are great, but (for me anyway) they are there to only lift the show up. The characters are what makes the show interesting. These are characters that I adore and care about. I can't really imagine it without them or having other people take their place.

Sure, new characters can be interesting (although there is kind of only one new character this season that I care for), but without the characters I can't really connect with the show.

Obviously this is different for everyone, but this is how I feel about it anyway.

SorinIonescu

SorinIonescu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
No one can blame you for what you love about the show. In fact, one can only respect you for your toughts. Don`t worry about it.

saarele

saarele

The Honey Badger

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,731 posts
Wow, re-reading my previous comment I realize it doesn't make sense biggrin.gif What I meant to say is that I don't want a new cast, I'd rather have them end the show when they graduate. I guess it just hit me last night that then that means the show is already halfway done.

But really, I guess I can't really judge until it comes to that. I'm pretty sure that I won't be particularly happy with the new cast, just because I'm a bit of a loyalty whore that way. Though they were the ones to give us this original cast, they might be able to repeat that. Who knows...

The only thing I really don't want is for Glee to go totally downhill.

SorinIonescu

SorinIonescu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
QUOTE (saarele @ Dec 2 2010, 03:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But really, I guess I can't really judge until it comes to that. I'm pretty sure that I won't be particularly happy with the new cast, just because I'm a bit of a loyalty whore that way. Though they were the ones to give us this original cast, they might be able to repeat that. Who knows...

This is so right. Like you totaly spoke for me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Other Shows: Arrow | The Tomorrow People | Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | The Originals | The 100 | Star-Crossed | Bates Motel | Glee | Devious Maids