Other Shows: Arrow . The Tomorrow People . Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. . The Originals . The 100 . Star-Crossed . Bates Motel . Devious Maids
Photo

Who won the Take Me or Leave Me Diva-Off?

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

Poll: Take Me or Leave Me (212 member(s) have cast votes)

Who won the Diva-Off?

1. Rachel (146 votes [68.87%])

Percentage of vote: 68.87%

2. Mercedes (66 votes [31.13%])

Percentage of vote: 31.13%

Vote Guests cannot vote

crono_clone

crono_clone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Like the poll asks: Who do you think won the diva battle between Rachel and Mercedes?

andrea0594

andrea0594

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
Absolutely Rachel smile.gif

bluetooth

bluetooth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
Rachel. Did you see her tongue?

Fogh

Fogh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
I would have voted for the audience if that was an option biggrin.gif

FinchelForever

FinchelForever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts
Rachel.

Earwen

Earwen

Maybe I'm on nobody's side

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
I thought that particular song fit Mercedes' voice a lot better. Looks like I'm in the minority XD

sinnfb

sinnfb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,034 posts
QUOTE (Earwen @ Feb 17 2011, 04:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I thought that particular song fit Mercedes' voice a lot better. Looks like I'm in the minority XD

Me tooo! Hahah I was surprised, both of girls did an amazing job but I thought Amber did better

JewelOfSong

JewelOfSong

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts
QUOTE (bluetooth @ Feb 17 2011, 02:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Rachel. Did you see her tongue?

laugh.gif

Lea and Amber both killed the song, but this is more in Lea's wheelhouse, even though Rent isn't your typical musical. Idina would be proud. smile.gif

ChloeAnn

ChloeAnn

Life without you is like a cat without food. Hungry. (:

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts
They were both amazing, but I chose Rachel. smile.gif

CLoveGlee

CLoveGlee

Recapping Fool

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,829 posts
  • GFA '12: Best Writer
They both did. The point of a really good duet is that each of the performers augments the other. They both just tore up that song, and as a result, they strengthened their friendship, defeated Sue, and gave us the prize. To claim that only one of the girls won is to miss the point of the entire scene.

crono_clone

crono_clone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
QUOTE (CLoveGlee @ Feb 17 2011, 01:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They both did. The point of a really good duet is that each of the performers augments the other. They both just tore up that song, and as a result, they strengthened their friendship, defeated Sue, and gave us the prize. To claim that only one of the girls won is to miss the point of the entire scene.

In the spirit of healthy competition, somebody has to be declared the winner (unless you're the Warblers, then you get to tie). The initial point of the song was to compete against each other, so it's a fair question to ask.

Besides, just because one girl loses a poll question, it doesn't suddenly mean that we think she's the next William Hung. We all know how talented both these women are, and one of them winning doesn't demean the other in any way.

CLoveGlee

CLoveGlee

Recapping Fool

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,829 posts
  • GFA '12: Best Writer
I don't object at all to the poll. I just think the answer I like best was not an option, that's all. The initial point of the song was to tear New Directions apart with conflict, and that did not work out that way because the girls enjoyed singing together too much.

crono_clone

crono_clone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
QUOTE (CLoveGlee @ Feb 17 2011, 01:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't object at all to the poll. I just think the answer I like best was not an option, that's all. The initial point of the song was to tear New Directions apart with conflict, and that did not work out that way because the girls enjoyed singing together too much.

I agree with you, and I did think about putting in a "They both did" option. smile.gif I guess I just wanted to ask a much narrower question. The results so far are pretty interesting.

Star

Star

éclatant étoile. <3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
Sorry Mercedes, but Rachel PWND you. wink.gif

merve

merve

Where have you been?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Rachel wub.gif

If it was an option I would've voted for the Glee club but even though they both did a fantastic job I would take Lea's voice over Amber's anytime. That's just my opinion and this doesn't mean I think Amber's voice is bad in any way so don't bash me.

gleefan_2010

gleefan_2010

Tethered

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29,365 posts
Rachel!

Phylos

Phylos

PhyloS

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,270 posts
  • GFA '12: Smartest
Rachel; mainly because these is one of the few songs of Amber I've liked and, well, is broadway and it's traditional pop (ala TEOTH) so in totally Lea's comfort zone.

FallenAngelII

FallenAngelII

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts
People need to listen more to how Lea Michele sounds during certain kinds of songs. Her voice was not made for songs like this, where a belter voice with a deeper and lower reverb and sound works better. Amber Riley has a "stronger" voice, a more "soul"-ish voice, if you will while Lea Michele has a "weaker", softer and almost brittle voice.

Amber Riley won this, in my opinion, because the song suited her vocal style better.

CandyCane23049

CandyCane23049

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,826 posts
QUOTE (FallenAngelII @ Feb 17 2011, 03:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
People need to listen more to how Lea Michele sounds during certain kinds of songs. Her voice was not made for songs like this, where a belter voice with a deeper and lower reverb and sound works better. Amber Riley has a "stronger" voice, a more "soul"-ish voice, if you will while Lea Michele has a "weaker", softer and almost brittle voice.

Amber Riley won this, in my opinion, because the song suited her vocal style better.

Why can't you just say you like Amber instead of telling people they need to listen more carefully of Lea voice?

merve

merve

Where have you been?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts
QUOTE (CandyCane23049 @ Feb 17 2011, 01:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why can't you just say you like Amber instead of telling people they need to listen more carefully of Lea voice?

I think you need to listen to Lea more carefully.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Other Shows: Arrow | The Tomorrow People | Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | The Originals | The 100 | Star-Crossed | Bates Motel | Glee | Devious Maids