Other Shows: Arrow . The Tomorrow People . Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. . The Originals . The 100 . Star-Crossed . Bates Motel . Devious Maids
Photo

"Do You Wanna Touch Me" - Glee Cast - Gary Glitter - Glee

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

SoManyLyrics

SoManyLyrics

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

QUOTE (hadapurpura @ Mar 10 2011, 05:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Apparently, they're gonna air it complete after all. I don't like the idea of benefitting GG, at it saddens me particularly that the song is included in the album. The option here is not to buy the song.

"every girl and boy needs a little joy" - EW.

unfortunately he also gets public performance royalties anytime the episode airs on television, as well as money from dvd sales. so even if not a single soul bought the song, he would still benefit.

just sucks cuz theres so many other good songs out there that could have been used.

herestous5

herestous5

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,904 posts
I told my mom, uncle, and dad about this Gary Glitter song and there like but that's Joan Jett isn't?

I guess Joan is the one that made the song famous because they all grew up in the 80's and they've never even heard of the guy! laugh.gif

Jugz da' Clown

Jugz da' Clown

Too legit to quit

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,617 posts
  • GFA '14: Best Username
QUOTE (SoManyLyrics @ Mar 10 2011, 10:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
just sucks cuz theres so many other good songs out there that could have been used.

I actually wanted them to cover this song before I knew the original was by Gary Glitter and knew about him being a pedophile. But as I has said many times, most American just know this a Joan Jett song, so there is not a stigma attached to it.

But I actually would've been MUCH happier if they had covered "Let's Talk About Sex" by Salt-N-Pepa instead. With Santana and Brittany (HeMo is a actually a pretty good rapper, see "Nothing But A Glee Thing") and Holly. And the other guys could have had parts too. smile.gif well that's never going to happen now. Sigh.

queenbee0393

queenbee0393

"You should write a book translating all the mad things gir

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,729 posts
Love the song, but GP sucked in it. Funny how she was trying to do the raspy voice of Joan Jett, lol.

Clearly not the song for her.

VaniaMendes

VaniaMendes

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I loved the song beat!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Other Shows: Arrow | The Tomorrow People | Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | The Originals | The 100 | Star-Crossed | Bates Motel | Glee | Devious Maids