Other Shows: Arrow . The Tomorrow People . Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. . The Originals . The 100 . Star-Crossed . Bates Motel . Devious Maids
Photo

Rate "Throwdown" & Official Discussion

• Please log in to reply
183 replies to this topic

Poll: Rate this episode (108 member(s) have cast votes)

Rate this episode

1. One of the best episodes ever! (43 votes [39.81%])

Percentage of vote: 39.81%

2. Amazing, great episode. (40 votes [37.04%])

Percentage of vote: 37.04%

3. It was good. (19 votes [17.59%])

Percentage of vote: 17.59%

4. It was okay, disappointing. (5 votes [4.63%])

Percentage of vote: 4.63%

5. It was pretty bad. (1 votes [0.93%])

Percentage of vote: 0.93%

6. One of the worst episodes ever! (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

MFace

MFace

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts

DaveM81

DaveM81

Sandwiched between Quichel

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
QUOTE (Brad @ Oct 14 2009, 09:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I mean like... Perform sexual favors lol. Which I was really worried was the case, because Rachel is a good girl! D:
That's right. Rachel is the good girl, so something like giving someone a pair of her panties would be considered that horrible and therapy-worthy for her.

QUOTE (MFace @ Oct 14 2009, 11:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I had a few issues performance wise, though... all the typical lip-sync issues... but wtf was up with rachel & finn walking down the hallway singing with "wind" blowing???

awkward.
This.

QUOTE (MFace @ Oct 14 2009, 11:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
another awkward moment was the entire "You Keep Me Hanging On" scene...

whatever happened to "we don't randomly burst into song & dance"

uh. sure looks like you guys do.

i don't think i'd have much of a problem with it if it was suppose to be part of the show... like if they just admitted that yes they do in fact burst out into song & dance occasionally-- but the fact that they keep insisting that they don't, WHEN THEY DO is what makes it just weird when it happens.
I think they tried to play it off as if this was just Cheerios practice and that's what was going through Quinn's head during practice. She did tell the rest of the girls to take 5 after they were done with the routine. They then threw in the stage performance in the football outfits to sell the song to the audience (the non-Gleekcore audience; yes, they do exist) and contradicted what they said to the rest of us.

Jock♥ff2000

Jock♥ff2000

Galinda HBIC

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,084 posts
whatever happened to "we don't randomly burst into song & dance"

uh. sure looks like you guys do.

Yeah what happened to that?

This whole episode was so damn awkward. It felt like it was mocking itself in a joking way but it wasn't funny. It was just weird and stupid. The consent movement of the camera made me want to barf. Jane was great but the rest of it was just blah. Where the hell was Emma? What the hell? How do the kids always know the words to the songs right away? What the hell happened to the list of pre-approved songs? Why does this show feel like a different show every week? Why the hell did the camera have to move and shake so damn much? What the hell? .... I'm confused and displeased. Why the hell did Quinn just bust out into song like that? Where the hell was the wind coming from? What the hell? Why is Kendra so amazing?

Yeah what...? huh.gif

Yokaputo

Yokaputo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,477 posts
Haha we always finish around the same time Ash. I agree with you, as impressed as I am with some of the songs and talent the show in itself is awkward and changes way too much.

Jock♥ff2000

Jock♥ff2000

Galinda HBIC

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,084 posts
I love how we always finish at the same time biggrin.gif

Yokaputo

Yokaputo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,477 posts
Haha that sounds wrong...

Anyway I missed Emma and think Terri has stepped it up on the psycho notch

Bambi

Bambi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
Jane Lynch never fails to amuse me.
But I'm really hating Sue right now, even though I love her character.
She's the root of all trouble, from the whole Ken/Emma thing to Quinn's debacle.
I can't believe they go to Emma asking for help on being cool. Haha.

I kind of started hating on Quinn when she called Finn stupid when he wanted to name the baby "Drizzle," but I guess she is under a lot of stress so I can understand. Although, seriously, why is she giving the baby to Terri?

Which leads me to this. I didn't think Terri could make me hate her more than she already did, after last week's fiasco, but she managed the impossible. Even after seeing Will's reaction and BLACKMAILING her OB/GYN, who I found very amusing, actually. "You just made that up." Kendra's even more psychotic than her sister. I guess it runs in the family.
I can't believe Will was so dumb to believe that a sonogram (?) of Terri's leg was actually a baby.

Jewfro... needs therapy. Maybe he's just a misguided soul. The panties thing was actually kind of creepy.
Poor Rachel sad.gif

On another note, Kurt's dancing in "Hate On Me".... LOL

I can't wait until next week for the Slushie fights and see how the whole Puchel thing plays out...

Yokaputo

Yokaputo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,477 posts
LOL, Drizzle is like the worst name for a baby girl from Finn and Quinn

Jock♥ff2000

Jock♥ff2000

Galinda HBIC

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,084 posts
Haha that sounds wrong...

wink.gif

G-Pan

G-Pan

Yo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,087 posts

General Schuester

General Schuester

Captain of Team Will

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 30,480 posts
Speaking of parallels, who here thinks Jewfro is a teen version of Ken.

Yokaputo

Yokaputo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,477 posts
He is way creepier than Ken is in my opinion.

cutedonnita

cutedonnita

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
i love Jane's performance tonight.

Bambi

Bambi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
QUOTE (Radames125470 @ Oct 14 2009, 10:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Speaking of parallels, who here thinks Jewfro is a teen version of Ken.

Yeah.. I can see where you're coming from, but Jewfro is a lot creepier.. if that's possible.

Oh yeah, the sheer stupidity of the Cheerios... "They tried to spell 'Go Team' but they ended up spelling 'To Game' "
"This person spelled her name wrong and answered every question with a picture of a sombrero"

And Figgins posting the video on Youtube and only 2 views laugh.gif

tinkers

tinkers

Please don't drop our baby...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,475 posts
QUOTE (Jockoff2000 @ Oct 14 2009, 10:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah what happened to that?

This whole episode was so damn awkward. It felt like it was mocking itself in a joking way but it wasn't funny. It was just weird and stupid. The consent movement of the camera made me want to barf. Jane was great but the rest of it was just blah. Where the hell was Emma? What the hell? How do the kids always know the words to the songs right away? What the hell happened to the list of pre-approved songs? Why does this show feel like a different show every week? Why the hell did the camera have to move and shake so damn much? What the hell? .... I'm confused and displeased. Why the hell did Quinn just bust out into song like that? Where the hell was the wind coming from? What the hell? Why is Kendra so amazing?

Yeah what...? huh.gif

THIS! Although Rachel was reading from the paper during No Air, so I guess that resolves that ENTIRE ISSUE. And also, the shaking of the camera was annoying, especially because my TV isn't widescreen and everything is awkwardly zoomed in already. And Quinn bursting into song displeases me.

jaymcb

jaymcb

"Now they are all looking for a Lea Michele type"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,181 posts
  • From the Top: Member Since 2009
Ok the off screen jam sessions MUST be an extra on the DVDs.

I didn't think the panties looked that granny like, but I figure she gave him a pair she doesn't or hasn't worn. Ick.

And while Jewfro is very creepy at least he seemed to feel bad about telling on Quinn.

I liked Hate on Me a little better in context but more so cause of the dancing than the actual song.

The wind machine was unnecessary and the whole Quinn song was just out of place.

I didn't really understand why Brittany and Puck were so easily swayed over to Sue?

Jock♥ff2000

Jock♥ff2000

Galinda HBIC

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,084 posts
Although Rachel was reading from the paper during No Air, so I guess that resolves that ENTIRE ISSUE.

True. I was actually talking about the Hate On Me performance, probably should have added that lol

Yokaputo

Yokaputo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,477 posts
I didn't mind the Quinn part as much as I thought the song sounded better with visuals but it was sill weird.

SapphireEJ

SapphireEJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
QUOTE (Coconut1214 @ Oct 14 2009, 07:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So I guess the thing Rachel and Puck have in common is they're both Jewish.

I gotta say I so did not see that coming! Did Puck really say 'Shalom' when he was in Sue's office? That rocks! Now my only thought is; is his last name Jewish and that's it, or does he practice the religion also?

Jane Lynch = TOTALLY AWESOME!

Terri - I'm so pissed at her! I can't believe that she did that to Will! The poor man is going to be heartbroken when he finds out! I sure hope he divorce's her!

I noticed they jumped into song a little more out of the blue, so it wasn't like just practice or an actual performance, but I did love how they had the jam session; Mark/Puck on the guitar and Cory/Finn on the drums! I hope we see more of that later on!

Ugh, so much more to say that I don't even know where to start! LOL

tinkers

tinkers

Please don't drop our baby...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,475 posts
Ok the off screen jam sessions MUST be an extra on the DVDs.

Agreed! They'd be a thousand times more entertaining if the actors didn't have to act. biggrin.gif

The wind machine was unnecessary and the whole Quinn song was just out of place.

Err, I'm gonna have to agree. Wind machines are just unnecessary in general for anything anywhere.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Other Shows: Arrow | The Tomorrow People | Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | The Originals | The 100 | Star-Crossed | Bates Motel | Glee | Devious Maids