Other Shows: Arrow . The Tomorrow People . Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. . The Originals . The 100 . Star-Crossed . Bates Motel . Devious Maids
Photo

Where did Quinn's character development go????

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

Slushieface

Slushieface

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

So... pretty much what the title says.

Being in the celibacy club while making out/having sex with Finn, caring about popularity first and foremost and that Rachel-bashing in the preview? What?

I mean, she seemed to have come out a better person after the pregnancy experience and now all that disappeared in two episodes. Why?

love machine

love machine

jgroff the man yo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,855 posts
Back into the shithole where she came from.

WickedGlee

WickedGlee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 554 posts
It's because Quinn is in reality a huge slut who just wants to be popular and is always going to be shallow, and once Finn(whom I hate at the moment) realizes this and goes to back to Rachel it will be to late and they both will realize that they are huge shallow C*%ts

DarthJabba

DarthJabba

I haz pretty Eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 808 posts
The writers don't know what to do with Quinn despite the fact that SHE HAD A BABY LAST SEASON AND THAT KIND OF THING CANNOT BE IGNORED JUST LIKE THAT. So they recycle the "Rachel's the poor victim, Quinn's the bitch that makes her miserable dating the oaf" plot. It's due to Finchel in partl; they need drama and decide to butcher a character for it, since they don't know how to make up the drama.

joako217

joako217

Team Sam!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,279 posts
you know exists some things called
depression.
denial.

after all the shit she went last year
she is even to denied the sweet herself post cheerios before Beth's birth.

FallenAngelII

FallenAngelII

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts
You seem to have confused celibacy with "complete lack of intimate contact". You can make out with people, yet stay celibate. In fact, Quinn did so before becoming pregnant last season.

Slushieface

Slushieface

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Yeah... but come on. After that "I made a mistake with Puck, you should have been my first"... do we really think it was petting? Because that spells "sex" to me. It would also explain Rachel's tears in the preview, because that's something she never did with Finn and it does mean Quinn has her claws in him. I just... expected better of her.

Before this, I was on the fence about Finn and Quinn. Now I want them to move to Antartica and leave Rachel the hell alone.

annabelleveal

annabelleveal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
QUOTE (DarthJabba @ Mar 7 2011, 09:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The writers don't know what to do with Quinn despite the fact that SHE HAD A BABY LAST SEASON AND THAT KIND OF THING CANNOT BE IGNORED JUST LIKE THAT. So they recycle the "Rachel's the poor victim, Quinn's the bitch that makes her miserable dating the oaf" plot. It's due to Finchel in partl; they need drama and decide to butcher a character for it, since they don't know how to make up the drama.

Well said.. much more helpful than "Quinn's a slut", "I hate Quinn" blah blah blah.

And unfortunately, it's not just Quinn who is having her character development being chucked out the window.. most of the characters on the show fall victim to it. Inconsistency is the only consistent thing about this show.

fallingstars

fallingstars

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
Wait... Quinn had a baby? With Puck?

Don't be silly. That never happened. Otherwise there surely would have been some character development!

Honestly, that's almost as ridiculous as saying that Quinn was once friends with Mercedes!

...... Oh wait.

DarthJabba

DarthJabba

I haz pretty Eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 808 posts
QUOTE (annabelleveal @ Mar 8 2011, 12:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well said.. much more helpful than "Quinn's a slut", "I hate Quinn" blah blah blah.

And unfortunately, it's not just Quinn who is having her character development being chucked out the window.. most of the characters on the show fall victim to it. Inconsistency is the only consistent thing about this show.

Quinn used to be one of my favourite characters.

And yes, other characters fell prey to inconsistency. Rachel kind of goes back and fowards (though I sincerely hope they're just flukes rather than genuine bad writing), Finn's probably irrecognizable to his fans, and so on.

JCag75

JCag75

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
No offense to the Quinn fans but she has ALWAYS been shallow and popularity seeking, even at the height of her pregnancy. She learned to be nicer to people and with the exception of Rachel and Puck, still is but still she only cares about popularity. We presume that after Beth was born, something happened between her and Puck yet they were separated by Audition. She held out the possibility to him until he was arrested and she met Sam. Sam was about popularity, he was the new QB, he was the golden boy and he was nice to her. In Duets she only wanted to stay on top, in Audition she cared about getting back on the cheer leading squad. Any mention of the baby (whose name she has NEVER said btw) relates HER body, her perfect figure etc. There hasn't been any sudden departure from character development in the last 3 or 4 episodes, she's behaving exactly as she always has. The only difference is now she taking up screen time with it.

FuinnSwag

FuinnSwag

Team Fuinn Lets Trend It

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 398 posts
Haters gonna hate

AlessandraNC

AlessandraNC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
QUOTE (JCag75 @ Mar 7 2011, 10:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No offense to the Quinn fans but she has ALWAYS been shallow and popularity seeking, even at the height of her pregnancy. She learned to be nicer to people and with the exception of Rachel and Puck, still is but still she only cares about popularity. We presume that after Beth was born, something happened between her and Puck yet they were separated by Audition. She held out the possibility to him until he was arrested and she met Sam. Sam was about popularity, he was the new QB, he was the golden boy and he was nice to her. In Duets she only wanted to stay on top, in Audition she cared about getting back on the cheer leading squad. Any mention of the baby (whose name she has NEVER said btw) relates HER body, her perfect figure etc. There hasn't been any sudden departure from character development in the last 3 or 4 episodes, she's behaving exactly as she always has. The only difference is now she taking up screen time with it.

I don't even know how Quinn has fans. Anyway, the Glee formula for any character always seems like it's one step forward and ten steps back.

cubsgirl

cubsgirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts
I feel like since the Superbowl episode we have had a reset of some of the characters to where they were the first season. Early in the first 13 all Quinn cared about was being popular and what others thought about her. Moving onto Sam made sense because he was the new guy and golden boy. Then as soon as Finn was the hero she moved right back to him. I do hope they write it more and more that Quinn is only out to be the the Queen Bee of the school. Sure people can change, they just don't completely change the way they want us to think Quinn did. Look at the first episode this season and all Quinn wanted was to be back on the Cheerios. It seems natural that she is going this route again and would make sense. I just don't want to see them write it where she is confused on her feelings.

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I never saw that much growth.

In the back 9 last year she was still worried about her reputation and trying to blame Rachel for the glist.

This season she ratted out Santana for head cheerleader used Sam for popularity and now is using Finn.

Cheetara86

Cheetara86

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,722 posts
QUOTE (AlessandraNC @ Mar 7 2011, 10:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't even know how Quinn has fans. Anyway, the Glee formula for any character always seems like it's one step forward and ten steps back.

Quinn has fans and will always have fans.

Go blame the writers and ask about her characterization.

Gleek223

Gleek223

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,894 posts
I'm a huge Quinn fan and I hate what they are doing to her character

I would rather have had Quam stay together and be criticized as being boring than have her become a cheater again and start things up with Finn again

Honestly in my opinion, Sam is the best thing that happened to Quinn and I wish they put that back together because I'm not too fond of this whole Fuinn thing simply because of how they went about doing it ie. Quinn cheating on Sam

AlessandraNC

AlessandraNC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
QUOTE (Cheetara86 @ Mar 7 2011, 10:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Quinn has fans and will always have fans.

Go blame the writers and ask about her characterization.

I know she has fans I just don't know how she still has them with the things the writers are doing to her. It's always been hard for me to like her. The writer's are to blame with EVERYONE'S regression. I guess because it makes for good drama or whatever but the last thing this show needs is more relationship drama.

NotSoSure

NotSoSure

A Real Live Sammite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
QUOTE (DarthJabba @ Mar 7 2011, 09:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Best comment, most accurate.

bud3245

bud3245

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
They truly are taking Quinn in a crappy direction. The ONLY way I would be okay with it if it leads to her eventually having a giant epiphany/breakdown/emotional scene in which she acknowledges that she's regressed, talks about the toll the pregnancy had on her, attempts to explain all of this in some way. The reason I know the writer's won't treat her storyline with such care? She's not Kurt.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Other Shows: Arrow | The Tomorrow People | Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | The Originals | The 100 | Star-Crossed | Bates Motel | Glee | Devious Maids