• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

verity

verity

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,109 posts
If you look at the whole spectrum of the Glee characters and their romantic relationships,
it seems as if the writers can't keep a plot going without having one partner cheat off the other.

Finn was kissing Rachel while he was with Quinn.
Quinn slept with Puck while she was with Finn.
Puck sexted Santana in secret while he was babysitting with Quinn (They were trying out a relationship that day.)
Tina kissed Mike in Asian Camp and then broke it off with Artie.
Rachel kissed Puck while she was with Finn.
Quinn kissed Finn while she was with Sam.
Brittany and Santana are getting it on while Brittany is with Artie and Santana is with Sam.
I'm on the fence about Sam but when he broke up with Quinn, he said he and Santana had started going out.

Artie is the only one who hasn't actively cheated.
Mercedes and Kurt is sadly out of the count, because they haven't had a substantial relationship yet.

I'm kind of getting whiplash. I know these are hormonal 16, 17 year old kids, but do they have to
have everyone become a cheater, going behind everyone's back?
Must every relationship turn out to be dysfunctional?

I only hope Puck and Lauren somehow make it without any of them doing anything wrong.

Casper

Casper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 306 posts
this is so true. but with this stuff, you can't take glee too seriously.though i got to be honest with you, it's not that far off from a lot of the kids i knew in highschool.

McVol

McVol

From District 9 3/4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts
Yes true, that's why Glee is a TV show, not a reality show. We kinda have to accept that so we can ship our couples. lol Anw, that's a good point you made. Quinn is the Queen of cheating, she did it twice.

Matt Holck

Matt Holck

Advanced Member

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,800 posts
  • GFA '12: Most Original
I thought I saw Mike with Quin
'cause she wants to rule the prom with dance

lopo2000

lopo2000

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts
Yes, and apparently some characters can be a cheater and still loved...

Bruce Wayne

Bruce Wayne

It's What I Do,

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,843 posts
that's cus at some point they've all had sex with each other.

PuckQuinnMercedes

PuckQuinnMercedes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 677 posts
Puck didn't cheat on Quinn but he I am guessing he cheated on Santana

There is no such thing as cheating in a try out relationship with the girl you are with didn't inform you and is still with her boyfriend.

stephlovesglee

stephlovesglee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
I'm kind of getting whiplash. I know these are hormonal 16, 17 year old kids, but do they have to
have everyone become a cheater, going behind everyone's back?
Must every relationship turn out to be dysfunctional?

Because it's 'drama', and keeps the show interesting. I dislike it, too, but I guess after a while the writers get bored or run out of cute things to do for a certain couple, so they move on to the next couple. Also I think the writers are catering to various fan bases (Fuinn and Brittanna for instance) before eventually, whenever the series is over for good, they'll give us an end-game relationship.

So they've given us a little of everything. I would NOT be surprised if one day Mercedes and Artie started going out or Sam and Rachel. (these are my crack ships! Let me have them!)) Anything is possible in Glee. tongue.gif So yes, it's annoying as hell.. but then on the plus side it seems like everyone has their day. smile.gif

Well, almost everyone. Pedo! Will + any of the kids doesn't seem likely. Sorry guys. LOL!

EmmaSchu

EmmaSchu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,199 posts
Santana dumped Puck because he wasn't financially stable. I don't consider their sexcapades to be a relationship. And neither does Santana: "Sex is not dating." She said that in "Sectionals" when the whole club found out about Puck being the father. Santana wasn't crushed, and she made it clear that they weren't together.

And Quinn and Puck may have been "trying out a relationship," but 1) it wasn't a real relationship and 2) Quinn was still with Finn. Puck's texting to Santana wasn't cheating on Quinn, and since Santana dumped Puck earlier, their sexting was just flirting...so him babysitting and wanting to be with Quinn wasn't cheating on Santana.

The whole Puck/Quinn babysitting and conversations about being together was Quinn's cheating. Yeah, Puck was a creep for doing all of this behind his best friend's back. But Quinn was the one who was with Finn, and while Finn went off to get a job to help pay for the medical bills of a child that wasn't even his, his pregnant girlfriend was having "daddy test runs" with another guy, talking about being with him, getting mad at him for sexting other girls when they weren't even together.

Say what you want about Puck, but he never cheated on Quinn or Santana.

Fincheltastic

Fincheltastic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts
I've noticed this as well. It's pretty sad. I wish the writers came up with different ways to break up their couples instead of it always being because of cheating. unsure.gif

Grayson Ellis

Grayson Ellis

Dime Eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,414 posts
Didn't Puck cheat on Lauren with some waitress in SLS though?

Phryne Fisher

Phryne Fisher

"My sins are too many and varied to repent."

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,683 posts
QUOTE (GleekWarrior @ Mar 11 2011, 04:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Didn't Puck cheat on Lauren with some waitress in SLS though?
He did make out with a waitress in SLS, but he wasn't cheating on Lauren. Not only were they not yet a couple, they hadn't even had a date yet. He was consoling himself with the waitress because Lauren stood him up for their "pre-date." Their first date took place after he confronted Lauren about standing him up. Since then, Puck and Lauren have been exclusive.

Dailydoseofglee

Dailydoseofglee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts
Damn, I was going to post a topic like this laugh.gif it's true. Even though i've stopped seeing glee in a realistic aspect, it still annoys me that they treat everyone like horny cheaters.

titans10

titans10

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 345 posts
Also Mike hasn't cheated either.

Lets Get Tropical

Lets Get Tropical

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
QUOTE (Fincheltastic @ Mar 11 2011, 04:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've noticed this as well. It's pretty sad. I wish the writers came up with different ways to break up their couples instead of it always being because of cheating. unsure.gif

This is right on the money. Not every relationship (even in high school) is ended because of cheating. In fact, most of my relationships and my friends relationships ended because of other reasons. The writers really need to come up with other problems in relationships because otherwise when they break up, they hate each other.

Majormanafemale

Majormanafemale

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
Of 15-17 year olds only 3 people are innocent who've been in active realtionships and all are dudes. Mike,Artie and Sam.

Edited by Majormanafemale, 20 December 2017 - 02:01 PM.

jaymcb

jaymcb

"Now they are all looking for a Lea Michele type"

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 30,750 posts
  • From the Top: Member Since 2009

Of 15-17 year olds only 3 people are innocent who've been in active realtionships and all are dudes. Mike,Artie and Sam.

Mike knew Tina was dating Artie and kissed her not great tbh.

Majormanafemale

Majormanafemale

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Mike knew Tina was dating Artie and kissed her not great tbh.

We don't know what Tina told Mike. And he still didn't cheat on someone he was just the one Tina cheated with.

jaymcb

jaymcb

"Now they are all looking for a Lea Michele type"

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 30,750 posts
  • From the Top: Member Since 2009

We don't know what Tina told Mike. And he still didn't cheat on someone he was just the one Tina cheated with.

Pretty sure he knew and as I said its still not great.

People certainly blame the women  in that situation so the men deserve the criticism too then.

Majormanafemale

Majormanafemale

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Pretty sure he knew and as I said its still not great.

People certainly blame the women  in that situation so the men deserve the criticism too then.

in this case the woman is guilty and I'm only using woman because you did. If Mike knew and still kissed her kind of rude. However Tina isn't exactly the most honest character in first couple of seasons so she could've easily told Mike she wasn't dating Artie. And either way she still actively cheated. So yes the woman Tina is to blame.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users