Other Shows: Arrow . The Tomorrow People . Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. . The Originals . The 100 . Star-Crossed . Bates Motel . Devious Maids
Photo

Too many spoilers

67 replies to this topic

QueenGleek

QueenGleek

Your Resentment Is Delicious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

I actually do happen to think that they share a little too many spoilers before the episodes air. My mom was freaking out during last week's episode because she was convinced that she already saw the episode due to all of the spoilers I had shown her!

tongue.gif

Gleek257

Gleek257

Advanced Member

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,570 posts
QUOTE (QueenGleek @ Oct 18 2009, 09:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I actually do happen to think that they share a little too many spoilers before the episodes air. My mom was freaking out during last week's episode because she was convinced that she already saw the episode due to all of the spoilers I had shown her!

tongue.gif

Ahhaha, that's hilarious! DEJA-VU!

QueenGleek

QueenGleek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts
QUOTE (BwayBabs @ Oct 18 2009, 06:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ahhaha, that's hilarious! DEJA-VU!

OMG I know.

She was literally convinced. She is such a dork - no, a Gleek!

Gleek257

Gleek257

Advanced Member

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,570 posts
QUOTE (QueenGleek @ Oct 18 2009, 09:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OMG I know.

That's what happened to my friends with the Rent movie. I ALWAYS sang songs from it and quoted the show, so when my friends finally saw it, they were ALL like "OMG I had deja-vu like through the whole friggin movie." it was AMAZING.

CLmaster

CLmaster

- PUSH IT REAL GOOD -

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts
QUOTE (QueenGleek @ Oct 18 2009, 10:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OMG I know.

I like your mom, mine doesn't like Glee that much... just Grey's Anatomy dry.gif (and everytime an episode starts with the "previously" stuff, she tells me that she already saw it xD I'm like rolleyes.gif sure mom....)

QueenGleek

QueenGleek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts
QUOTE (BwayBabs @ Oct 18 2009, 06:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's what happened to my friends with the Rent movie. I ALWAYS sang songs from it and quoted the show, so when my friends finally saw it, they were ALL like "OMG I had deja-vu like through the whole friggin movie." it was AMAZING.

Hahahaha! tongue.gif

My friends wanted to murder me when that movie came out because all I would sing & talk about was that movie!

Gleek257

Gleek257

Advanced Member

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,570 posts
QUOTE (QueenGleek @ Oct 18 2009, 10:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hahahaha! tongue.gif

My friends wanted to murder me when that movie came out because all I would sing & talk about was that movie!

My friends just kinda obsessed alongside with me. Though none were as obsessed as I.

CLmaster

CLmaster

- PUSH IT REAL GOOD -

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts
I'm not speaking again with my friends about Glee.... I made them watch it and they liked it a LOT, but everytime I say something about it they kinda rolleyes.gif on me.

Fuck them..... I'm not giving them any more episodes!

Mike

Mike

Ex-Admin! :-D

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,398 posts
Haha yeah, mine do too. They just kind of look at me like "You're talking about it AGAIN?" and I'm just like "Uhhhh YEAH".

laugh.gif

Anyways, it's almost Monday and I've only seen Sweet Caroline, I'm nearly there! biggrin.gif

CLmaster

CLmaster

- PUSH IT REAL GOOD -

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts
keep holding on smile.gif (sorry, I had to.. unsure.gif )

SecretSymphony

SecretSymphony

Musically Promiscuous

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 690 posts
I have to agree with those who think that Glee is releasing way too many spoilers. I admit that I can't help but peek at most if not all depending on the week BUT I think I would actually enjoy the show more if most of the show was actually new when I wacthed it live and not 50% reruns of what I had seen earlier on in the week.

Personally I think that songs should be released Tuesday morning like they are now w/ no early leaks and perhaps one musical number but only part of the number like we got with Somebody to Love. Hearing the songs early through Itunes will garner interest for how they are sung on the show. That's called using leakes/early releases to your advantage..
leaking the performances in full is called being stupid IMO.

Also..all the clips of 2/3 minute scenes? Why?

It's so excessive. I still remember Take a Bow from episode 2 and how I was taken aback by it and I just haven't had that since b/c of the spoilers and my lack of self control. unsure.gif

MarzGlee

MarzGlee

.imperfection is perfection.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,538 posts
QUOTE (KalBotTX @ Oct 18 2009, 05:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You could always uninstall/disable Flash Player, that would probably do it. smile.gif

I am cheerfully handed any and all spoiler videos (and interviews and lots of other things Glee-related) by my lovely wife (GleeTX) who has me watch them with her. So I don't get a choice. smile.gif But that's ok, we are doing it together.....

Hahaha! I could do that, but I need the spoilers to get me through the week. biggrin.gif I'm very much obsessed.... haha!

theluckyc

theluckyc

CERTIFIED Finn Hudson and Cory Monteith FAN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts
talk about overhyping. rolleyes.gif

MewMewKendra

MewMewKendra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
QUOTE (CLmaster @ Oct 18 2009, 07:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not speaking again with my friends about Glee.... I made them watch it and they liked it a LOT, but everytime I say something about it they kinda rolleyes.gif on me.

Fuck them..... I'm not giving them any more episodes!

thats exactly how I am with my boyfriend, I'll randomly start talking about Glee super excited.

QUOTE (SecretSymphony @ Oct 18 2009, 07:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Personally I think that songs should be released Tuesday morning like they are now w/ no early leaks and perhaps one musical number but only part of the number like we got with Somebody to Love. Hearing the songs early through Itunes will garner interest for how they are sung on the show. That's called using leakes/early releases to your advantage..
leaking the performances in full is called being stupid IMO.

I also agree that they should just leek the audio tracks but not the whole performances that way Fox still gets their Itunes purchases and people will be surprised with the performances.

dadiva18

dadiva18

Resident DIVA

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,192 posts
I agree that they release too many spoilers. Do what they do for Ugly Betty. Just one or two (usually 4 or 5) small one minute snippets of scenes to hype up. Not full musical numbers (which I do love)
It's just they need to calm down with the spoilers. I know they are great, but keep some of it a surprise.

cubsgirl

cubsgirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts
QUOTE (Brad @ Oct 18 2009, 01:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I saw that NBC is doing some sort of a Capella show or something. tongue.gif

There will definitely be at least one if not more "Glee"-type shows next season. They will look to try and make the additional money through sellings songs on Itunes. But there is more to Glee than the music that makes it work, but unfortunately the people in charge won't figure that out and that is why the copycat shows usually fail.

bootslacrosse

bootslacrosse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
I like the spoilers (previews) it gets me by until the next episode.

Yay Glee, Glee kids hooray!

Gleek257

Gleek257

Advanced Member

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,570 posts
QUOTE (bootslacrosse @ Oct 21 2009, 09:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I like the spoilers (previews) it gets me by until the next episode.

Yay Glee, Glee kids hooray!

That's exactly how I feel! I think that if it weren't for the spoilers...well, I would just go ASPLODEY!!!!! laugh.gif

jaymcb

jaymcb

"Now they are all looking for a Lea Michele type"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,332 posts
  • From the Top: Member Since 2009
These next two weeks I don't want spoilers I want behind the scenes stuff and video from Australia.

I am not real happy that the album comes out before we see the episode that has Def. Gravity .

Bacio83

Bacio83

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
Well I'm a spoiler whore so I don't mind these at all. When Roswell was on we'd get the entire script leaked for the entire season 2 and 3 a week in advance, so I would be able to quote the show live. Now these little clips here and there are nothing for me. If you don't want to be spoiled you wont. I think if it affects ratings in a negative way then they need to tone it down.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Other Shows: Arrow | The Tomorrow People | Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | The Originals | The 100 | Star-Crossed | Bates Motel | Glee | Devious Maids