Photo

Your Random Glee Opinions

• Please log in to reply
30014 replies to this topic

Rachel Berry

Rachel Berry

Rise, shine and have a cup of coffee with me!

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 35,367 posts
  • GFA '12: Most Articulate
  • GFA '13: Smartest
  • GFA '14: Best Debater
  • GFA '15: Best Debater
(Some time ago, a similar thread was started, but seems to have been deleted after a short time, probably because the topic seemed too controversial to some mod. I was really baffled and disappointed by that decision, because I (and others) thought the exchange was actually very civil and the contributions were very interesting. So I decided to give it another try. Please keep your contributions matter-of-factly and free from venom.)

If you are active on this forum, time and again you will encounter opinions which seem to be common sense in the fandom, but with which you personally diagree. What are yours?

I can give two examples from my personal perspective:

I don't want the Beth issue to be addressed again. Quinn is a teenager who made a very difficult decision, that is to give up her child for adoption. End of story. I don't see how meeting Beth again or even just talking with Puck about this issue would help Quinn in her personal development. That's not even talking about the fact that reconnecting with the child in this kind of circumstances is rather untypical.

I am not particularly keen on meeting Rachel's gay dads. There is a reason the writers abandoned their original idea of giving these two characters a more prominent role, a lot of which has to do with the casting. What appears to be interesting on paper, can be rather uncomfortable to watch when it is given real voices. Come on, a couple consisting of a Jewish guy who looks like Woody Allen and a black guy who is rather attractive? How will this ever work? I think it could make for some rather awkward Glee moments.

Sara2009

Sara2009

Advanced Member

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,316 posts
  • GFA '15: Mod Spotlight
I agree with you about Rachel's dads.

My other minority opinion is that I've always liked Will even when he was being obnoxious. He was going through a rough time during the first part of this season, and I think he's been VERY likable for the most part ever since the Superbowl episode. IOW, I never "gave up" on his character.

glorifiedgleek

glorifiedgleek

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,975 posts
It seems that very few people here like the Warblers and I actually do. I think they're funny and I've loved every single one of their covers.
People seem to hate guest stars but I always welcome them wholeheartedly. Guest stars are a given for any TV show so yeah.
People hate the tribute episodes, but I don't have a problem with them, in fact they tend to be some of my favorite episodes such as B/B and RH.

Matt Holck

Matt Holck

Advanced Member

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,800 posts
  • GFA '12: Most Original
are the Warbler's touring ?

The Duchess

The Duchess

omnomnomnom

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts
1) I really enjoyed AVGC and Night Of Neglect, even though a lot of people didn't.

2) I think Mercedes is just as good a singer as Rachel.

3) While definitely not being a shipper of it, I don't think Bartie is half as repulsive as the fandom makes it out to be.

House Carl

House Carl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts
- I like Terri and if the writers could do it plausibly, I'd like her to have a major recurring role in the show. But only if it is indeed plausible, and not merely as part of Sue's latest scheme. Hell, Sue herself is getting stale. Perhaps Terri could become the main villain instead? tongue.gif

- I don't have that big of a problem with Finn getting the lead in so many songs. Yeah, there are stronger singers in the club, but he is the male lead and we are kinda asked to suspend disbelief. Cory is charismatic and good enough of an actor to make it work for me.

tmrd

tmrd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts
I like the lack of screentime Tina has been getting. I don't think her character is very interesting at all and I don't particularly like her voice (Just an opinion, no venom here smile.gif )

Lyric

Lyric

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts
1.) I've thought Rachel is pretty much the most anoyying, uninteresting and pathetic character on the show since the pilot.
2.) I think RIB should have waited untill season 3 or 4 to unleash Brittana, the gay plots are great but it's too much at once and becoming overkill.

FromAtoGleek

FromAtoGleek

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,959 posts
I wish the Unholy Trinity had picked Cheerios.

It made no sense that they'd give up a Regional/possible National Championship and possible scholarship and college looks in addition to popularity for a Glee Club where Will plays favorites, wastes talent, and where they become high school bottom feeders just because they get to "sing and dance and get their kumbayas out".

McVol

McVol

From District 9 3/4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts
- I think I'm the only one in here don't like Santittany. I love Santana and Brittany individually but I just don't like the ship. Although, I'm ok with it (I don't hate it, do I?) but I just don't like it in some ways.
- I'm weird, I know it because people say I am, that's why I like/don't like things that the other people do or don't, like: I love Quinn and even Terri; I ship Quinn/Sam and Dave/Santana romantically (though I know it won't happen) and I don't really like Jacob lol.

finnandrachel97

finnandrachel97

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 585 posts
i reallydislike rachel's voice and facial expressions when she sings, i know lea has an AMAZING voice but i find it so overused, and they facial expressions when she sings make it 10 times worse for me..

i loved britney/brittany

i just want finchel to get back together so they can shut up and stop wasting screen time, though i know that will never happen

i wish they did more modern songs

i hated the klaine kiss, it just looked too over dramatic and made me cringe.

QUOTE (Lyric @ May 1 2011, 07:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1.) I've thought Rachel is pretty much the most anoyying, uninteresting and pathetic character on the show since the pilot.
2.) I think RIB should have waited untill season 3 or 4 to unleash Brittana, the gay plots are great but it's too much at once and becoming overkill.

oh and all of this

there are too many gay characters and its making it really unrealistic.

bud3245

bud3245

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
I LOVED the Britney/Brittany episode. I loved having Brittany's dancing front and center (and she killed it), and I really loved the plot device of having the kids hallucinate at the dentist. There were also some hilarious moments (Brittany S. Pierce). I realize I'm in the extreme minority with this lol

Also, I'm simultaneously a Bartie and a Santittany (hate that name) shipper. I'm guessing this makes me in the minority.

love machine

love machine

jgroff the man yo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,865 posts
I liked B/B
Hello is my favorite episode of Glee
I don't blame Rachel for cheating on Finn with Puck

IDK if this is a minority opinion per se but I think that real life shipping is one of the creepiest most disgusting things jf fan can do. I love Jon/Lea but only their friendship. I think it's cool if you love 2 people's friendships but writing fiction about them as a couple? Blech.

FromAtoGleek

FromAtoGleek

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,959 posts
QUOTE (gleevent @ May 1 2011, 03:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I ship... Dave/Santana romantically (though I know it won't happen).

My, that IS a minority opinion if it's romantic. Like possibly "Gleevent Party of 1" minority.

The Duchess

The Duchess

omnomnomnom

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts
QUOTE (love machine @ May 1 2011, 03:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
IDK if this is a minority opinion per se but I think that real life shipping is one of the creepiest most disgusting things jf fan can do. I love Jon/Lea but only their friendship. I think it's cool if you love 2 people's friendships but writing fiction about them as a couple? Blech.

I completely agree. It's one thing to do it with fictional characters, but with real people? They have their own lives, and it's kind of creepy to think about people writing stories about them. I was lurking the Glee Kink Meme on LJ, and like Josh Groban's bodyguard so wisely said "That stuff got creepy, dude." Idk.

Although somebody did write a really good Artina fanfic (not for the GKM tongue.gif) that incorporated some of the RL cast. Nothing romantic, though, it was just a breaking-the-fourth-wall kind of thing.

Toby

Toby

"I like your hair-cut."

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,813 posts
Brittany and Artie is my OTP. That's a minority opinion if I ever saw one.

I also think the writing on this show is actually good and consistent. And that this fandom is composed of egotistical people who think screenwriting is easy. It's not. I've tried.

EDIT: I also ship Santana/Anyone But Brittany, so I do actually ship Dave/Santana. Gleevent party of two.
...I mostly ship Santana/Independence, though.

totalgleek95

totalgleek95

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
ok well im pretty sue im a minority here:i do not like kurt.i think he always has a problem with someone or something and i think he's a bit of an attention seeker.having said that i do ship klaine.but again i would have preferred it if he stayed at dalton...just an opinion.

oh ya even tho i dont like kurt i do like chris so this is nothing against the person, just the character and its just my opinion.

also i am not a fan of Wemma..maybe another minority?? unsure.gif

14istheluckynumber

14istheluckynumber

Haven't you heard? I'm the crazy bitch around here.

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,737 posts
  • GFA '12: Most Sarcastic
this is just going to turn into a rant thread...i think the santana love confession was rushed and awkward. i think brittany is being a bit of bitch to santana, like when she tried to force her to come out in BTW or forced a love confession out in sexy. i think santana can be a bit of bitch to brittany as well like in BTW when she called her gullible or something. bartie really aren't that bad at all.

i don't think finn is that good looking, his best feature is his height.

i don't find the character of quinn intriguing and i don't want to find out any more about her 'troubled past' or whatever.

i think characters such as mercedes and tina should remain in the background. they have great voices so a few songs wouldn't hurt but overall they can sway in the background for all i care. i hate the idea of 'shared screentime and solos' and believe rachel, kurt and santana should be the main characters. i love to hate santana and am slightly indifferent towards kurt so they aren't my favourites or anything, i just think that it would just enhance my viewing pleasure and they are the most compelling characters and excel in both drama and comedy equally.

originals songs, except for comedic ones such as the brilliant 'my headband' or 'trouty mouth', are a terrible idea as they use the same songwriters who have wrote every song in the top 40 and shouldn't be wasted on competition numbers. (is this a minority opinion? i'm not sure)

whilst not liking fuinn is not a minority opinion i do believe they should just stay together to give those two characters something to do in the background. and fuinn keeps finn away from rachel which is a good thing.

the idea of a faberry friendship is a terrible one. they should just continue with their grudging acceptance of each other.

quick seem to be over and i think it should remain that way. the time for them to have interacted is long past. but i would be pleasantly surprised if they ever did revisit that.

i think santana and rachel are prettier than quinn. for me she's a bit bland and boring looks-wise and is just 'pretty' if that makes sense and i don't really get the hype. beauty is in the of the beholder, what can i say?

end rant. i'm pretty sure all of them are pretty minority.

Rand_Caracarn

Rand_Caracarn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts
I liked many more of the shows after Kurt left even with the mostly pointless dalton stuff. Therefore I liked Kurt at Dalton.

Love AVGC ( im a christmas movie/ music junkie) and Hate RHGS.

I find it very hard to hate Quinn for some strange reason. Not that I don't see the bad choices she makes or how mean she can be. Its easier to hate Santana, but because we get to look in from the outside I see how messed up she is and just pity her mostly.

Really disliked both Jesse and St. Berry, the guy reeks of player.

I enjoyed No Air, I prefer the glee covers to the current originals when i bother to look them up ~90%
of the time.

FromAtoGleek

FromAtoGleek

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,959 posts
I like Will's rapping.

I dont know if this is a minority opinion or just one not expressed often, but I think Matt Morrison is the best male singer, the only true triple threat, and probably the best male actor on the cast on the whole. He is severely underutilized and given the worst material. Probably not a minority opinion, but I dont see a lot of MM appreciation in fandom, so I wanted to say something.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users