Other Shows: Arrow . The Tomorrow People . Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. . The Originals . The 100 . Star-Crossed . Bates Motel . Devious Maids
Photo

Things you noticed in "Funeral"

• Please log in to reply
155 replies to this topic

GleeRachelBerry

GleeRachelBerry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 768 posts

Finn and the flower.

I felt so sad for him, he was too late, that happens Finn when you let go of the person you love.

And Quinn, seriously when are you going to give up. Just let it go damnit. Just let it go.

deeppee65

deeppee65

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
-Loved Furt
-Finn is "tethered" to Rachel!! biggrin.gif
-The whole point of Shue reading Sue's speech was so Jane Lynch could embrace her awesomeness (also known as her Emmy bid)
-Jesse drew a cat during Santana's performance
-All four performances were good, but Lea's would kill at Nationals
-Jesse was hoping "My Man" was about him
-There was a chocolate fountain at the funeral
-Pure Imagination was pure awesomeness--have been listening to it over and over again since last Thursday

I am sure I will think of more as I watch it over and over again

GleekyChels

GleekyChels

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
I loved this episode! Every moment was thrilling!

I loved the Furt-ness. They have such lovely on-screen chemistry.
I felt so sorry for Sue! RIP Jean. But... I thought Sue had her "tear ducts" yanked out in season one? Oh well.
The solos were amazing - but so obvious Rachel would get it. But yeah her performance was the best. But everyone auditioned for a part that was originally Rachel's anyway just to find out she got it. xD
I don't want Will to go.
Poor Finn. <3
Jesse was a total douche in this episode.
Sue's lines were hilarious. I especially liked her names for Finn and Kurt.
A lot of people didn't speak much in this episode. Puck, Lauren, Mike, Tina, Artie...
Bye Terri smile.gif
PURE IMAGINATION was PURE AMAZING-NESS. Bless, such a good idea.
"Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory."
"Aw, I love that movie!"
probably more...

TrixieSparkleFirecracker

TrixieSparkleFirecracker

I will always love you Cory

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,522 posts
* Finn started out the episode as Rachel (being told he sucks, his teammate laughing as he is being berated, his suggestions being ignored)
* Figgins email is "GettinFiggyWitIt" + password 1234 laugh.gif
* Rachel Berry Voice over, Sing Up Sheet + Star sticker... memories of the pilot I could just cry
* Deceased VA members become props... excuse my language but that's SO FUCKED UP
* Jesse was right about Santana, she sang beautifully, but her performance was missing the pain of the song
* Kurt's pants... Why? With that being said I think he killed it
* Mercedes loved TALT, but then she had to drag the mic stand and I lost laugh.gif
* Jesse thinking "My Man" was about him laugh.gif the Finn montage blink.gif I'm sorry it was a bit scary
* My Man flawless... tears, faces and all
* Kurt clapping for Rachel and Santana yanking him down laugh.gif laugh.gif
* Rachel and Kurt had costume changes for their auditions
* Jean's funeral wrecked me for reasons on the screen and in my personal life
* Loved the 90210 Dr Martin funeral nod (Donna can't finish her speech... So Gina her secret sister finishes it for her) not sure if it was intentional but I loved it
* Fuinn break up uncomfortable, she needs someone to talk to her in the auditorium like she did with Rachel
* This week Sue hates "the dancing Asian"... laugh.gif
* Becky is Head Cheerio wub.gif
* Can we please see Fondue for Two with Jesse St. James as a guest
* Terri's going to Miami... Farewell Honey Badger
* St. Berry kiss was sweet, but not hot
* Will is willing to lose as long as it's ND style
* Santana smokes cigars laugh.gif
* What is Quinn's big NYC plan? I'm not gonna fret remember the "we need to quit glee club" or "the slap"... it's gonna be harmless

gambit

gambit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
- JSJ is a bigger ass this season than he was last season,
- but had Mr Shue listened to JSJ, ND would've had a much better chance come Nationals. Imagine an epic choreo around that Berry solo!

- This ep was too sad for me to enjoy any of the funny lines (except for the ones before we found out that Jean had died) and I felt that it was inappropriate to have a Funeral themed ep right before Nationals,
- but if the funeral thing never happened, ND would've been on their way to Tripoli come the finale laugh.gif

- Sue was planning to run for Congress while at the same time planning for next year's cheerleading season by putting Becky as HC. blink.gif

so damn unpretty

so damn unpretty

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
QUOTE (TrixieSparkleFirecracker @ May 17 2011, 11:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
* Figgins email is "GettinFiggyWitIt" + password 1234 laugh.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif

sleepwalk

sleepwalk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 852 posts
  • Location:Sitting ringside at a Merle Dixon vs Jayne Cobb steel cage match
Not a trained singer, dances like Michael Madsen in Resevoir Dogs but damn can Cory act. His part in Pure Imagination showed a lot of improvement too.

Santana did indeed kick her song in the balls.

Rachel kicked her song in the balls with a steel toe boot and a running start.

Kurt owns Zubaz pants. Remember Zubaz pants? You could tailgate all day long and never need to loosen them.

Super Finchel episode. I like it.

Howard Bamboo is back! And with that password, he can not only open Figgins' e-mail account but also President Scroob's luggage!

Frankenteen and Lady-trousers!

Penelope

Penelope

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
QUOTE (14istheluckynumber @ May 18 2011, 09:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the rachel vo reminiscent of the pilot vo got me damn emotional. i love my bb.

I officially love you, and everything you post.

jbarcus07

jbarcus07

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
QUOTE (thatssomaddie @ May 17 2011, 09:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1. Becky is so adorable!
2. I loved 'Some People' but what the hell was Kurt wearing?
3. Quinn's hair in the promo...
4. Anyone else think it was super obvious that whatever Quinn's planing is obviously the thing that "wasn't scripted"?
5. Rachel still carries around those gold stars, but they didn't burn up this time:(

4. NO.. I think it is the Finchel Kiss after pretending..

so damn unpretty

so damn unpretty

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Just watched it again. wub.gif

I just had to add that I love when Mercedes is walking off stage and is passing Rachel and says "I hate him" as she drags the microphone stand laugh.gif

And I also love how Rachel, Kurt, Santana, and Mercedes are the only ones going for the solo cause they're all the divas of the group. <3 I know people were wondering why Tina didn't go for it but I think Tina is so laid back, the solo isn't as big a deal to her. She's not a drama queen like the others. tongue.gif

QUINNPUCKlover

QUINNPUCKlover

I will go down with this ship.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
QUOTE (Toby @ May 18 2011, 12:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't want to debate, because I totally agree that Finn was perfectly respectable during the break-up except for the heartless comment. Rather, I'd like to defend Quinn, because the Fuinneral kind of connected a few things that have been building up over the past few weeks.

Quinn used to be "ugly," and when she got the opportunity, she was weak and changed herself. It juxtaposes her from people like Rachel. And to anyone that says that storyline was about her and Lauren, it wasn't. It was setting up for the separation between the weak (Quinn) and the strong (Rachel), which is why I Feel Pretty / Unpretty went to Rachel and Quinn rather than Lauren and Quinn.

We know why Quinn has been such a bitch - she views it as something she must do to have status. The personal bullying to Rachel is quite obviously because she sees herself in her, which was evident through both of them looking in the mirrors during IFP/UP.

Prom Queen is the pinnacle of popularity. In Quinn's mind, it's everything she has ever worked for. She came up from Lucy Caboosey to get the life she'd always wanted, and in a literary sense, prom queen represents that life. Which was why, narratively, her secret was introduced in the height of her campaign for prom queen.

Everything about Quinn's search for power was wrecked by one bad decision, though. Having sex with Puck. If she had never gotten pregnant, I'm convinced very little of this would have happened to her. She had sex with Puck, which threw away everything she had worked for. In Season 2, she got it all back, becoming popular again. Her nice streak that came from her character development in Season 1 is what pushed her to Sam.

Now, people say Sam is Finn 2.0, but he's not. Finn represents confusion, Sam represents the anti-Finn -- picking out the important things. It's what he has to do as a dyslexic, and it's why he's been written to be homeless. It's also why he's currently paired with Mercedes, because she's the only girl to realize that you have to look at the important things. But that's not what this is about.

Sam might not be as popular, but Quinn realized that she didn't need the double-whammy to truly get what she wanted. She had Cheerios, so that was enough, and she could afford to be happy. Her speech about glee in Duets and her singing Time of My Life is narrative evidence. Also, the fact that she won the Duets competition narratively signaled that for the first time since Preggers, Quinn was on top.

Finn convinces her, however, to quit Cheerios. Probably influenced by some lingering feelings because, as we know, she's not completely heartless (Funeral). Those feelings were sort of foreshadowed in Britney/Brittany. Without Cheerios, though, she's nothing, so with Finn in the position of power he's in, she goes after him, tossing Sam to the side. In the end, she decides that's not right, and goes back to Sam, having her own 'come back'. Unfortunately, it gets tossed in her face.

So she hits rock bottom, runs back to Finn, who willingly accepts her because she represents everything that went wrong in his life. If he can have her, and make it work with her, he's just fixed everything that came toppling down. Unfortunately, he's still in love with Rachel.

She's so content to stay in Lima because Finn is now the only thing she has left. She thought Sam would bring her happiness, but he shot her down, and now prom queen is the key to achieving that victory that she's been working toward. In Comeback, she thought that just being happy with Sam would be enough, but now, prom queen is the goal. Prom Queen will represent her defeating her former self.

But wait! Kurt wins prom queen. Her victory is turned into a joke, and she's comes crashing down. She slaps Rachel because she believes that Finn leaving over her is the reason why she lost; she believes this ghost of her past kept her from winning what she's worked so hard for, and in a way, she's slapping down her past. But Rachel doesn't leave, because Quinn's past will, symbolically, always be with her. And in a way, that's what leads to Quinn's desperation during the Fuinneral tonight. Her past still hangs there, and as much as she knows she has to accept it, the last time she did that, Sam broke up with her, so she stays with Finn. Then Finn breaks up with her, and she jumps to Rachel, who, I'm going to say again, represents the past. Finn is her tool to get that victory now that she can't go back to the Cheerios, and he's choosing her past over her, which in a way, nullifies all the work she's done up until this point. It would be as if everything was for nothing.

She's an emotional trainwreck, and her ex-boyfriend is sitting here calling her heartless. Sure, everything has been a plan, but she's human real feelings are laced in here. She's parallel to Sue ("you remind me of a young Sue Sylvester, Q") in that she's always striving for victory, but there's always some sort of emotion laced into there. With Quinn, it's usually her affection for her boyfriend at the time. With Sue, it's Jean. Finn accusing her of being heartless is parallel of Will accusing Sue of being heartless for cutting Becky at the episode's beginning. Neither of them, then, know how to handle the grief, but the problem with Quinn is that she doesn't look to anyone for help. For Sue, there's Kurt and Finn, but for Quinn, no one knows her pain - well, except for Rachel, but her pride obviously won't allow her to go there. So she's got a secret plan, and we'll probably have more to add to this next week.

Too long, don't read: Quinn is a complex, sad character, and everything has sort of just been coming to a head for her these back episodes. Poor girl, if only you hadn't had sex with Puck.

smile.gif

emmeriffic

emmeriffic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
i've come to terms with the fact that i'll never, EVER like quinn. which means dianna agron is an awesome actress for making me dislike someone so much.

her and rachel seem to have the same problems with letting go/self respect. they could probably learn from each other.

TALT was amazing, i love at the end when rachel walks out and mercedes is dragging the mic and mutters "i hate him."

and as for last looks, i think kurt takes the cake at the end of his performance.

pure imagination was so pretty. the funeral was really sweet..but WTF, why is quinn wearing PINK? and why did finn break up with her after a funeral?!

i LOVED finn and kurt in the episode, but have a little tact, finn. homegirl just said she was crying her eyes out. like putting salt into a wound.

i was also kind of erked that jesse was like.."where was the choreography?" to mercedes and saying she was lazy, but said nothing about rachel. i understand that hers was more emotionally charged, but it's hypocritical.

Aussie Gleek

Aussie Gleek

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
Wow Very emotional episode

Sue and Jean were amazing sisters
Sue got lots of character development
Terri is leaving us noooooooo sad.gif
The League of Doom is guess has come to an end
They cut the Fuinn quit glee club scene
Santana love her solo and Rachel solo woahhhhhh

Great episode Season Finale next week
Oh god it's almost finshed nooooo

Rachel Berry

Rachel Berry

Rise, shine and have a cup of coffee with me!

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 32,528 posts
  • GFA '12: Most Articulate
  • GFA '13: Smartest
  • GFA '14: Best Singer
I think Mike hasn't had a line since BTW. I wonder if his silence streak is the reason Sue hates him the most at present.

Puck's reaction to Jesse's zombie comment is priceless, but he didn't have much to say this ep either. Neither did Lauren, Tina, Artie or Sam.

Brittany thinks the only way to beat VA is using poisoned darts.

If Jesse would stick around and given the cat affinity of both and the "Fondue for Two" invite, I'd bet on some St. Pierce to happen.

The travel agency WMHS uses is located on the wrong side of the tracks.

When Sue said "You have no idea", it was clear that Jean had already died.

Rachel's reactions to Finn suggesting a duet with her (touched), Jesse's making fun of Finn (uncomfortable) and Jesse saying that she should sing lead (proud).

Judging by their clothes, the "You and I need to quit glee club" scene was cut from the beginning of the ep, right after Jesse destroyed Finn's confidence. I suppose this was meant as going back to Quinn's ultimatum in "Rumours", because Finn had suggested earlier to sing a duet with Rachel. But in canon it now looks like Quinn never really meant it. Some continuity errors on Glee seem the result of unwisely downsizing episodes.

Jesse is a condescending prig, but I love him. He couldn't help himself mouthing a "wow" during "Try a Little Tenderness", although he clearly wanted to give the laurel to Rachel (she deserved it anyway). Santana and Mercedes were furious about his nasty comments, but Kurt really seemed hurt.

The moment they go back to "Sue wants to destroy glee club" after this episode, I'll say RIB really have no clue what to do with this show anymore. The burial was not only for Jean but also for the show's longest surviving storyline. It's over. RIP, you won't be missed by me.

The sole lasting achievement of the "League of Doom" is probably that they destroyed Tina's confidence for good. She didn't even dare to audition.

Flirty Bradtana moment during "Back to Black". Looks like she sees more in him than furniture after all.

Terri thinks she made Will's life "challenging sometimes."

WMHS has a Nessy Club.

Continuity error during "My Man": Rachel's hair falls off her left shoulder when she sings "when I come back on my knees someday", but it's back when she goes on with "for whatever my man is".

Becky will be head cheerleader next season. That's an incredible promotion from presumed dead.

Will is giving up his apartment although he thinks April's musical will be an epic flop.

Jesse practicing his camera flirting as reality TV show judge.

As much as I appreciate Jane Lynch's acting in this episode, this was Emmy bait pure and simple. I don't like the obviousness of it all.

Finn: Herman Munster, Frankenteen, Cottage Cheese
Kurt: Eddie Munster, Lady Trousers, Porcelain

Emma urges Will to let all go, but she can't even let go of the vest he met her first in.

I think Rachel's voice-over was the first time the show acknowledged Lea's changed looks (that is if you don't count B/B).

Sue opted for the "Lima Forever" cemetery, not the "Holier Than Thou" cemetery where Santofsky were rumored to have made out.

Will's proud look when Finn steps up as a leader and makes the call on ND performing at the funeral. He was right, that was a strong Finn moment. And all those liking to call Finn a hypocrite should acknowledge that Jesse's "I don't want to be blunt" was probably the most hypocritical thing ever said on Glee.

NoDakGleek

NoDakGleek

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 547 posts
QUOTE (beekowski @ May 18 2011, 07:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Finn: Eddie Munster, Frankenteen, Cottage Cheese
Kurt: Herman Munster, Lady Trousers, Porcelain

I'm pretty sure Finn is Herman Munster (the frankenstein) and Kurt is Eddie Munster (he mentioned he went as him for halloween once)

nicolehudson358

nicolehudson358

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
I know its probably just my imagination but... i think Rachel and Sam are friends now. She was sitting next to him in the choir room and at the funeral. Then she came walking out of the funeral home with him and it looks like they go to the same car.

I know I shouldn't be focusing on THAT, but I couldn't help it I hope they're friends smile.gif

Other than that I loved this episode!

~ Fuin breakup= AWESOME!
~ Finn walking in on Jesse and Rachel= OMG my dreams come true! Now he will really have to fight for her
~ Sue broke my heart... I literally gasped when she announced Jean died.
~ Jesse= hilarious! I hope he's back next season, and not as just a prop for Finchel.

Rachel Berry

Rachel Berry

Rise, shine and have a cup of coffee with me!

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 32,528 posts
  • GFA '12: Most Articulate
  • GFA '13: Smartest
  • GFA '14: Best Singer
QUOTE (NoDakGleek @ May 18 2011, 07:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm pretty sure Finn is Herman Munster (the frankenstein) and Kurt is Eddie Munster (he mentioned he went as him for halloween once)

laugh.gif Sure, that was a little mix-up. Fixed it.

GleekyChels

GleekyChels

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
I agree about Kurt's trousers... I hate trousers like that... on him they're ok but still pretty bad.

Also I completely forgot about the whole Quinn teaser thing... "You and I need to quit Glee club!" They lead us on, hahaha!

Edit= I also cried. xD

finchel_fan

finchel_fan

Makin' it raaaain!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
QUOTE (14istheluckynumber @ May 17 2011, 06:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
something to really slap in our faces how desperate and pathetic she is, if that hasn't happened already that is.

This!

QUOTE (MarryMeQuinn @ May 17 2011, 06:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've noticed people here love to hate Quinn. I found her admission to herself today admirable. She had a breakthrough and... she's still hated. IDGI.

You consider one tear a breakthrough? All she could talk about as he was breaking up with her was how they could still find a way to be Prom King and Queen for their senior year. That does seem heartless and that she has no true feelings for him. She sees Finn as a way to elevate her popularity.

QUOTE (kemp @ May 17 2011, 06:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ah yes Quinn is a terrible monster, opposed to Rachel who has been completely rational, sane and mature this season?

I am dreading whatever is coming with Quinn in New York as well, I am certain it's going to be terrible, but Rachel's desperation and overall batshit craziness far outweighs anything Quinn has done this season. But of course, all it will take is one act by villain Quinn (probably not even half as bad as somethings Rachel has done) to completely erase the memory of the mess that has been Rachel recently and restore her to her role as the victimized underdog. Cue Finchel reunion. Sigh.

No one said that Rachel has been rational and mature this season. Yeah, Rachel's done some crazy stuff but she's honest with herself about what she wants and who she loves. Can't say the same for Quinn. Quinn doesn't love Finn, she loves the idea of being Prom Queen and Finn is the only one who can help her achieve that. That makes her a 'villain' in my book.

QUOTE (bigdaddyt4 @ May 17 2011, 07:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[size=3]Well, looking

[b][i][font="Times New Roman"]I won't, but my friend Buffy might lol

Yes!! smile.gif

QUOTE (Jugz da' Clown @ May 17 2011, 08:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is has. When she said "No, we're not breaking up. We'll work through this and be Prom King and Queen next year." after she acknowledges (twice) that Finn is still in love with Rachel. And people say Rachel is desperate and pathetic. rolleyes.gif

They have really degraded Quinn's character this season (and she doesn't even seem to give two sh!ts about glee club, anymore, if she ever really cared). The last time I truly liked her was in Duets when she was talking about being independent. So much for that. She can't seem to function without a man. Finn breaking up with her has sent her over the edge. She sounded slightly insane when she told Finn she had a plan for when they got to NYC. I think she's planning to run off, like Santana, only Quinn will probably try to be a supermodel instead of joining a lesbian colony.

This. Quinn is only using Finn to be Prom Queen. We have known this from the start. She thinks only of herself most of the time, and she is only with Finn to elevate her popularity. That whole "we aren't going to break up, we'll be prom king and queen next year" made me want to throw something.

Anyway, I noticed that Puck didn't sing "If you truly wish to be" in Pure Imagination when everyone else was.
It looked like Rachel left the funeral with Sam
Finn was bringing Rachel a wilted flower. (Still sweet though!)
Jesse drew a cat while Santana was singing.
Will has too many vests.
I loved Sue in this episode.
I totes though Becky was the one dying, but I'm glad she didn't. Did anyone else mistake the polka dot jacket for pajamas when they first saw the picture last week? I sure did, and I feel like an idiot now!

PotatoestheCat

PotatoestheCat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,457 posts
- New Nicknames: The Munsters, cottage cheese (what?), Lady Trousers (died).
- Even though Jesse's strategy was supposed to have the kids at each other's throats, Kurt was still sweet about Rachel's song smile.gif
- VA uses their dead members as props laugh.gif
- Becky wears acrylic nails...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Other Shows: Arrow | The Tomorrow People | Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | The Originals | The 100 | Star-Crossed | Bates Motel | Glee | Devious Maids