Other Shows: Arrow . The Tomorrow People . Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. . The Originals . The 100 . Star-Crossed . Bates Motel . Devious Maids
Photo

Terri is gone

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

General Schuester

General Schuester

Captain of Team Will

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 30,480 posts

QUOTE (Sara2009 @ May 18 2011, 01:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How are they unfinished? Will's obviously not in love with her anymore. JMO

Yep her purpose was served on the show. Though honestly this was perfectly done, its SO much better that they did this than drag her into another storyline next season where she is only used in 5 episodes.

Jessalyn has many career opportunities. smile.gif

Her time on Glee is over.

Plus she is going to Miami which is a callback to Nip/Tuck. She also got her dream, manager at Sheets and Things.

gleek_94

gleek_94

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts
It was good that they end Terri in a good way. Tell's us that after the whole season 1 baby drama, she ended in a good way by being the Manager of her job.

Rachel Berry

Rachel Berry

Rise, shine and have a cup of coffee with me!

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 32,679 posts
  • GFA '12: Most Articulate
  • GFA '13: Smartest
  • GFA '14: Best Singer
Not going to lie here, I'm not shedding any tears over this. Yes, Jessalyn Gilsig is a great actress, but Terri annoyed me from the beginning and the Werri scenes are usually those I fast forward when I rewatch F13 episodes (like the house buying stuff in "Showmance"). She had about 12 minutes of screen time between "Hell-O" and "Original Song". She really has no purpose at all on the show any more and the League of Doom was an epic failure to begin with. Nice to give her some sort of closure, but letting her go is the main thing. I appreciate this.

Noah Puckerman

Noah Puckerman

The Money Maker

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,920 posts
  • From the Top: Member Since 2009
It doesn't look like things are finished, at least not in her eyes. I'm sure she'll be back next season which I'm all for since I love Terri.

QUINNPUCKlover

QUINNPUCKlover

I will go down with this ship.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
Jessalyn is amazingg actress. And I really loved the last scene, it twas adorable.
I hope they'll guest star her oneday based on the last thing will said.

Grayson Ellis

Grayson Ellis

Dime Eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
I cried more at Terri leaving than at any other part of the episode. Does that make me a bad person? tongue.gif

Although it's arguable that Terri has served her purpose on the show, I'd still like to see her return as a guest star once or twice. Ultimately it came down to RIB for messing Jessalyn/Terri about and barely using her. If they wanted to they could have made her a relevant, regular character.

emmaandwillforever1

emmaandwillforever1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
It was heartbreaking! They could've done so much with her character and Jessalyn is such a great actress. I think RIB wrapped her character well, but could've done it so much better. The way she never really got a happy ending (besides managing sheets n things) that I thought she'd get with Dustin. What happened to when FInn and Puck worked there? And her helping Finn?

I'm sure they'll bring her back. It's sad how horrible they treated her character though

Earwen

Earwen

Maybe I'm on nobody's side

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
Since they obviously had no idea what to do with her anymore, I'm fine with it. I think I'll miss her, though.

Panda Express

Panda Express

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,325 posts
Jessalyn Gilseg > Glee

Wemma Love

Wemma Love

It's Will & Emma for gods sake!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,391 posts
QUOTE (beekowski @ May 18 2011, 01:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not going to lie here, I'm not shedding any tears over this. Yes, Jessalyn Gilsig is a great actress, but Terri annoyed me from the beginning and the Werri scenes are usually those I fast forward when I rewatch F13 episodes (like the house buying stuff in "Showmance"). She had about 12 minutes of screen time between "Hell-O" and "Original Song". She really has not purpose at all on the show any more and the League of Doom was an epic failure to begin with. Nice to give her some sort of closure, but letting her go is the main thing. I appreciate this.

This

Plus she has her own indie series she is starring and producing in, not a lot of time left for glee.

General Schuester

General Schuester

Captain of Team Will

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 30,480 posts
QUOTE (EeL @ May 18 2011, 05:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It doesn't look like things are finished, at least not in her eyes. I'm sure she'll be back next season which I'm all for since I love Terri.

Things are finished, she just did not like that Will told her they were not meant to be. Plus seeing him and Emma again after she asked if she would see him around and getting no response back was a cue that its truly over.

So she has left the series, she is no longer a series regular and she has been written out.

Which is great, because now Jessalyn can finally be allowed to work on other projects.

love machine

love machine

jgroff the man yo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,855 posts
I'm glad they're letting her go, honestly. It was a good send off (she looked so stunning as well) and I'm sure she'll have no trouble finding other work.

Gleek-Girl

Gleek-Girl

Inactive

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts
Woooooahhhhhhhh, hold up a second.

Where does it say she's leaving officially? Sources please.

Rachel Berry

Rachel Berry

Rise, shine and have a cup of coffee with me!

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 32,679 posts
  • GFA '12: Most Articulate
  • GFA '13: Smartest
  • GFA '14: Best Singer
QUOTE (Gleek-Girl @ May 18 2011, 01:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The most important source right now is the press release for the next episode where she is no longer listed as a series regular; she has always been listed so far, although she was only in 6 episodes this season (B/B, The Substitute, AVGC, NON, Rumours, Funeral).
http://www.gleeforum...ase-t20779.html

I'm sure Jessalyn is going to talk about this in interviews soon.

General Schuester

General Schuester

Captain of Team Will

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 30,480 posts
QUOTE (Gleek-Girl @ May 18 2011, 05:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The source is from fox itself. The she is no longer listed as a series regular on the press releases which she has always hen in even in the episodes she has not appeared oin. Another reason she is gone is because Jane Lynch will also not appear in the finale however she is still listed ion the press release. This was bound to happen and this is much better than dragging her into next season and giving her only five episodes.this was for the best and she got closure and it dream of becoming a manager. A nice bonus they through in was that sue was foot to Miami which was a callback to nip/tuk.

Matt Holck

Matt Holck

Advanced Member

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,740 posts
  • GFA '12: Most Original
she's got good portfolio for sitcom from gLee

Panda Express

Panda Express

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,325 posts
She was wasted this season, but I'm glad she got a proper send off. Glee is losing one of their best actors with Jessalyn.

General Schuester

General Schuester

Captain of Team Will

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 30,480 posts
Ian Brennan confirms it

47:00 mark, Jess is off the show.

http://www.ustream.t...corded/14781512

kafka

kafka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts
QUOTE (beegee @ May 18 2011, 08:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
She was wasted this season, but I'm glad she got a proper send off. Glee is losing one of their best actors with Jessalyn.

I watch for Lea, only, but Gilsig is THE best actor on Glee and a far better comedienne than Jane Lynch. From another board:

For me, Terri's goodbye to Will was the most heartbreaking moment of the episode - once we got past the whole ridiculous 'Libya and plane tickets' plot. Her half-sincere, half-hopeful attempt at apologizing to Will, her pride in moving to Miami and dropping the 'assistant' in her title, the awkwardness of their hug, the pitiful 'I'll see you around', her swift almost angry exit after Will’s insouciant and oblivious rejection; it got to me.
Jessalyn Gilsig won't get the praise she deserves for this scene in part because her character is generally badly written and quite despised. It’s a damn shame. It was superbly acted in an understated way. While Will may declare to Emma that ‘at last, everything is okay’ with his ex-wife, we know it is not true, at least not for Terri.
We get a small glimpse at Terri’s plight made all the more pitiful by her feigned optimism and Will’s obliviousness (and he has perfect right not to care anymore). Glee is at his best when it hints at sadness and steers from pretentiousness. It does it flawlessly in this scene. As Terri leaves for good (I cross my fingers), she does not get closure. On the contrary, her path to redemption is not spick-and-span and her attempt at moving on is a failure. The anger, the egoism and the inability to find peace we see in season 1 are still lurking, though in a much subdued, subtler and, ultimately, sadder manner. Terri may strive to set things right and she may be sincere in her efforts, but in the end, she is still incapable of it.

Matt Holck

Matt Holck

Advanced Member

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,740 posts
  • GFA '12: Most Original
just got through voice class finals
and this song got stuck in my head

One of the other students performed it

"Superboy and the Invisible Girl" from 'Next to Normal' Act 1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Other Shows: Arrow | The Tomorrow People | Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | The Originals | The 100 | Star-Crossed | Bates Motel | Glee | Devious Maids