Other Shows: Arrow . The Tomorrow People . Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. . The Originals . The 100 . Star-Crossed . Bates Motel . Devious Maids
Photo

Glee: The Complete Second Season DVD, Blu-Ray, and Vol. 2

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

LCT1000

LCT1000

Being a part of something special makes you special

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts

QUOTE (#1 GLEE FAN @ Jun 3 2011, 05:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
when they released the first pics of the full first season, the dvd looked like it was more of a normal dvd case but it turned out to be an actural box set case. but you never know.

oh right! thanks for that smile.gif much appreciated smile.gif

Sam Evans

Sam Evans

<3

• imgAdministrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 45,119 posts
  • GFA '12: Best Gay
  • GFA '13: Favorite Mod/Admin
  • GFA '14: Biggest Sam Stan
Actually like the Volume 2 cover art, just not the purple. Sticking with green would have been better IMO. Hate the complete season cover art a lot. Brit looks awful, the rest are okay I guess. Would rather have Mercedes and Tina on the Volume 2 cover rather than Blaine and Sue.

D.J

D.J

Aaaaaah

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,448 posts
Hopefully we get bloopers, deleted scenes and songs, and commentarys. Although after the season 1 DVD I really shouldnt get my hopes up...

sez923

sez923

Awh baby

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 720 posts
So how long until this will be released?

#1 GLEE FAN

#1 GLEE FAN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts
QUOTE (sez923 @ Jun 16 2011, 11:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So how long until this will be released?

September. So like 3 months. I know it sucks.

Niklas

Niklas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts
I tried to do my own DVD cover artwork. I know I'm not the best graphic designer (I don't even work with Photoshop laugh.gif ) but wanted to share it anyway. smile.gif

General Schuester

General Schuester

Captain of Team Will

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 30,480 posts
http://www.tvshowson...-Season-2/15585
Today Fox Home Entertainment has informed retailers that DVD and Blu-ray Disc releases of Glee - The Complete 2nd Season are on the way, along with a DVD set for Glee - Season 2, Volume 2 as well. All of these will be available on September 13th.

The Season 2, Volume 2 set will come on 4 DVDs with the final 12 episodes of the show's sophomore season. Running 566 minutes, it will cost $39.98 SRP in the USA and CA$49.98 SRP in Canada. Extras consist of the Glee Music Jukebox, "Building Glee’s Auditorium" with Cory Monteith, A Day in the Life of Brittany, Shooting Glee in New York City, Guesting on Glee, Stevie Nicks Goes Glee, Sue’s Quips and Santana’s Slams. Video is anamorphic widescreen, audio is English: 5.1 Dolby Digital, and subtitles in English, French and Spanish. Package art can be found below, at the bottom.

The same specs apply to the DVD version of Glee - The Complete 2nd Season. The bonus material listed above are also on board, along with a Featurette for The Making of "The Rocky Horror Glee Show", the Exclusive Bonus Song - "Planet, Schmanet, Janet", the "Getting Waxed With Jane Lynch" Featurette, The Wit of Brittany, and Glee at Comic-Con 2010.

That's a ditto on the special features for the Complete Blu-ray release, with specs in high-def widescreen video, English 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio, and subtitles in English, French and Spanish. The 4-disc Blu set costs $69.99 SRP in the USA, and CA$89.99 SRP in Canada. The 6-disc DVD version is priced at $59.98 SRP in the U.S., and CA$69.98 SRP north of the border. Both have an official running time of 1001 minutes. Here is the packaging for each one:

OMFG THESE SPECIAL FEATURES SUCK!!!

The least they could freaking do is release all the cut scenes from the f*cking season and the finale or bloopers for goodness sakes

Not even going to waste my money on this absolute trash. They release Blu-Ray yet they give no real incentive to purchase that over the regular one because the bonus features are the same.

Glee season 2 for the most part was dreadful and the finale was absolute garbage and lackluster. I will only purchase this DVD set when the price has dropped significantly which will probably be around winter.

It is a pass on my book, not interested.

Joseph Gordon-Levitt

Joseph Gordon-Levitt

Damn those cool ranch Doritos.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,593 posts
It would been cool if they added Deleted Scenes & Bloopers

Eccentr1c

Eccentr1c

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
Considering I have the whole season 1 and 2 on my computer I probably won't buy them until they are like super cheap and in the bargain bins at walmart or something.

General Schuester

General Schuester

Captain of Team Will

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 30,480 posts
QUOTE (★Jesse St. James★ @ Jun 29 2011, 07:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It would been cool if they added Deleted Scenes & Bloopers

It would be also be smart to add special features on the blu-ray that you can only get on that version. Give people more of an incentive to spend more money than the same features on the DVD.

Stupid part on Fox's marketing team, absolutely dreadful. It is like they don't even have common sense.

Deleted scenes are a f*cking must, with this show especially. S2 was crap, and Im definitely waiting a while to get this.

CandyCane23049

CandyCane23049

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,826 posts
I got Bones season DVD and it has way more features than Glee, their both Fox programs so I just don't get it. You get audio commentaries and bloopers. I'm still getting it though because it's never the list price they say it is the first week it comes out.

The only other show I collect is Psych and on the last DVD set you got bloopers galore, 5 commentaries with stars of the show, mini video commentaries for each episode, and deleted scenes for certain episodes.

General Schuester

General Schuester

Captain of Team Will

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 30,480 posts
QUOTE (CandyCane23049 @ Jun 29 2011, 07:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I got Bones season DVD and it has way more features than Glee, their both Fox programs so I just don't get it. You get audio commentaries and bloopers. I'm still getting it though because it's never the list price they say it is the first week it comes out.

The only other show I collect is Psych and on the last DVD set you got bloopers galore, 5 commentaries with stars of the show, mini video commentaries for each episode, and deleted scenes for certain episodes.

Deleted scenes would have persuaded me to get it. Since there is nothing, not wasting my money.

Im going to wait till the price lowers probably half way through S3.

CandyCane23049

CandyCane23049

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,826 posts
QUOTE (Radames125470 @ Jun 29 2011, 06:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Deleted scenes would have persuaded me to get it. Since there is nothing, not wasting my money.

Im going to wait till the price lowers probably half way through S3.

I need to clear out my DVR point blank, I know if I erase the rest of season 2 on my DVR I will miss it.

backstreetboysfan

backstreetboysfan

Team Finchel ♥ Brian & Nick Fan♥

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,247 posts
Awesome! smile.gif, I will be getting the Complete Season 2 DVD! smile.gif.

Joseph Gordon-Levitt

Joseph Gordon-Levitt

Damn those cool ranch Doritos.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,593 posts
QUOTE (CandyCane23049 @ Jun 29 2011, 04:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually it's not Fox's fault they only market the DVD/Blu-Ray the blame goes on RIB they decide what they want to show you on behind the scenes stuff, for instance bloopers most shows keep them so they can't put them on DVD, while others delete the footage, usually the specials have to match with the show's Rating, and it can only cost so much (Which Fox is in control of)

CandyCane23049

CandyCane23049

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,826 posts
QUOTE (★Jesse St. James★ @ Jun 29 2011, 08:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually it's not Fox's fault they only market the DVD/Blu-Ray the blame goes on RIB they decide what they want to show you on behind the scenes stuff, for instance bloopers most shows keep them so they can't put them on DVD, while others delete the footage, usually the specials have to match with the show's Rating, and it can only cost so much (Which Fox is in control of)

That sucks even more that RIB are being stingy, then Fox being greedy for even charging the same price that they charge for other box sets that have way more features.

Lyric

Lyric

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts
It it just me or do the covers look like bad photoshopping? =/
Also
The CAD is worth more than the USD now but we still have to pay $10 more?? the fuck?

Sam Evans

Sam Evans

<3

• imgAdministrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 45,119 posts
  • GFA '12: Best Gay
  • GFA '13: Favorite Mod/Admin
  • GFA '14: Biggest Sam Stan
HATE HATE HATE the cover for the complete season. HeMo looks awful. =/ The volume 2 cover is okay. Don't know which I'm getting... I own volume 1 but I may want to upgrade to BD... but besides better PQ/AQ there's really no incentive.

get_your_gleek_on

get_your_gleek_on

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 579 posts
Eugh, the season one blu-ray had a commentary on the pilot. I wanted commentaries dammit!
Maybe season three? There's more writers now, so they might have more time to do bonus content and stuff for the DVD. The Simpsons DVDs have commentaries on every episode, and that's also by Fox.

Gleek223

Gleek223

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,871 posts
The only good thing for me about these is that Vol. 2 has Quinn & Sam on the cover

I don't get why they don't include deleted scenes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Other Shows: Arrow | The Tomorrow People | Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | The Originals | The 100 | Star-Crossed | Bates Motel | Glee | Devious Maids