Other Shows: Arrow . The Tomorrow People . Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. . The Originals . The 100 . Star-Crossed . Bates Motel . Devious Maids
Photo

Glee: The Complete Second Season DVD, Blu-Ray, and Vol. 2

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

aturner

aturner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

The blu ray let alone for the music is worth it! I bought s1 dvd then later on got bluray so I bought The Encore Blu Ray just to see the difference and it really is so much better on blu!

That Don Guy

That Don Guy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
QUOTE (Radames125470 @ Jun 29 2011, 04:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It would be also be smart to add special features on the blu-ray that you can only get on that version. Give people more of an incentive to spend more money than the same features on the DVD.

Stupid part on Fox's marketing team, absolutely dreadful. It is like they don't even have common sense.

On the contrary - Fox has common sense in not putting features on the Blu-Ray that aren't also on the DVD. Remember the complaints last year when people thought that there would be features on the "complete Season 1" DVD set that weren't available if you bought Season 1 Volumes 1 and 2 separately? The "incentive" to buy the Blu-Ray over the DVD is, the quality is much better.

Sam Evans

Sam Evans

<3

• imgAdministrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 45,154 posts
  • GFA '12: Best Gay
  • GFA '13: Favorite Mod/Admin
  • GFA '14: Biggest Sam Stan
QUOTE (That Don Guy @ Jul 4 2011, 08:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
On the contrary - Fox has common sense in not putting features on the Blu-Ray that aren't also on the DVD. Remember the complaints last year when people thought that there would be features on the "complete Season 1" DVD set that weren't available if you bought Season 1 Volumes 1 and 2 separately? The "incentive" to buy the Blu-Ray over the DVD is, the quality is much better.

While this is true, it would be better to put some additional extras on the Blu-ray because people spend more money on them, and Blu-rays have more memory on them so they can store additional extras. Yes the A/V quality is better, but extras are something to consider.

LCT1000

LCT1000

Being a part of something special makes you special

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts
LOL i think i may be the only one here who absolutely loved Season 2 in its entirety. I think it was far better than season 1, and I even loved the finale, one of my favourite episodes smile.gif regardless of whether the features suck, i'm still gonna purchase this because i love season 2 and cannot wait to watch them all again smile.gif i love the cover of the complete second season, although Kurt should be on the cover.
Does anyone have any ideas as to what the box/packaging will look like? I know they dont spend much time on boxset designs anymore but i was rather disapointed with the packaging of Season 1 UK. The box with the two volumes inside, i much prefered the American packaging with the big plastic case. what do you guys think S2 will be like? smile.gif

specifics

specifics

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 824 posts
i wonder who chooses the box covers, because this year's characters on the front have been really randomized, save for the obvious four (sue, will, finn, and rachel). blink.gif

anyway, i own season 2 on my computer, so i'm definitely gonna wait for the complete season 2 to drop down to like, $20 bucks. definitely not worth 40-60 bucks it if they're still not gonna include deleted scenes.

LCT1000

LCT1000

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts
good point! ofcourse i'm always thrilled that Rachel is on the front cover, but Kurt had a huge part in 2nd Season, he should so be on the cover smile.gif

specifics

specifics

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 824 posts
QUOTE (LCT1000 @ Jul 16 2011, 01:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
good point! ofcourse i'm always thrilled that Rachel is on the front cover, but Kurt had a huge part in 2nd Season, he should so be on the cover smile.gif

yea, this too. i know it's just a stinkin' cover art and shouldn't matter so much, but it irritates me. kurt definitely took the front seat throughout the whole season, so it would make much more sense to put him on the season box cover.

mercedes had like, two heavy plots (and even then that's arguable because they weren't fairly strong either), and just lines spread throughout the season. artie's storylines weren't as strong as they were last year when it focused on his handicap/inability to walk, so i don't see why he would be featured on the front cover; yes, he was featured more, but didn't really take the front seat in terms of coverage. brittany is understandable as she was an emerging star this season.

as for the vol 2 cover- they put fabrevans on there, yet they break up 3 episodes within the dvd, and quinn loses her cheerleading outfit 1 episode in (i realize that pictures from the photoshoot done before the season was used, but still @___@ frustrating). glee merchandise sometimes does get quite sloppy.

LCT1000

LCT1000

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts
QUOTE (specifics @ Jul 18 2011, 11:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yea, this too. i know it's just a stinkin' cover art and shouldn't matter so much, but it irritates me. kurt definitely took the front seat throughout the whole season, so it would make much more sense to put him on the season box cover.

mercedes had like, two heavy plots (and even then that's arguable because they weren't fairly strong either), and just lines spread throughout the season. artie's storylines weren't as strong as they were last year when it focused on his handicap/inability to walk, so i don't see why he would be featured on the front cover; yes, he was featured more, but didn't really take the front seat in terms of coverage. brittany is understandable as she was an emerging star this season.

as for the vol 2 cover- they put fabrevans on there, yet they break up 3 episodes within the dvd, and quinn loses her cheerleading outfit 1 episode in (i realize that pictures from the photoshoot done before the season was used, but still @___@ frustrating). glee merchandise sometimes does get quite sloppy.

I completely agree! i love Sue, but to be honest, she had far less a role this season too, and whilst i do actually like the S2 cover art, i think Kurt and maybe even Blaine should be on it, and so should Santana, they all were heavily used this season. And thats actually a good pointabout Vol 2, is Quinn not only in her cheerios uniform for like 1 episode on Vol 2? LOL
i know that the quality of DVD TV Show boxsets have declined over the years but thats no excuse for not putting the right characters on the DVD Cover, LOL I would so love to design the covers myself smile.gif

Makare

Makare

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts
Lame.

LCT1000

LCT1000

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts
Watching Season 2 on E4 re-runs makes me remember why i love it so much!! ahh, its killing me, cannot wait to get it on DVD!

LCT1000

LCT1000

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts
on Amazon.co.uk:
http://www.amazon.co...V...9830&sr=8-3

the back cover is available to look at for Glee Season Two, Volume Two, however it seems they have made a mistake as it says "As Sectionals approaches", I think it is supposed to say Nationals.

and there is a 20 second video available for the Complete Second Season also smile.gif (although, there is no back cover for this yet...i really want to see it! lol smile.gif )

Mike

Mike

Ex-Admin! :-D

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,398 posts
One day they'll give us deleted scenes. sad.gif

And Brittany doesn't even look like herself in the one cover.

LCT1000

LCT1000

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts
I can't wait for this to be released! I'm literally counting down the days lol smile.gif Can't wait to see the "Shooting Glee In NY" Featurette! smile.gif

Rachel Hudson

Rachel Hudson

I love you, Cory.

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 35,680 posts
  • GFA '12: Biggest Shipper
  • GFA '13: Biggest Shipper
  • GFA '14: Best Writer
Already ordered it!

hiracdelest

hiracdelest

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • Location:Pittsburgh,PA/ Santa Fe, NM/Espanola,NM/ Albuquerque,NM
i keep seeing on tumblr that k-mart will be selling Vol 2 for $9 tomorrow. is that true? i figured i'd ask since it's tumblr. -__-' it sounds too good to be true lol so it probably is

K-mart is the only store in my town so i'm hoping it's true...plus i have to walk 30min just to get there lol

EDIT: omg it is true lol $9.99

i took a screencap for the ad for my town's kmart:
http://img.photobuck...lfOz/gleead.jpg

actualtinafan

actualtinafan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
Hey, on the brightside, Tina isn't on the sides or cover of any of the season 2 releases, making her the only castmember to be excluded. dry.gif

General Schuester

General Schuester

Captain of Team Will

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 30,480 posts
QUOTE (hiracdelest @ Sep 12 2011, 09:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i keep seeing on tumblr that k-mart will be selling Vol 2 for $9 tomorrow. is that true? i figured i'd ask since it's tumblr. -__-' it sounds too good to be true lol so it probably is

K-mart is the only store in my town so i'm hoping it's true...plus i have to walk 30min just to get there lol

Sorry still not worth it, the season was a sh*tfest for the most part. The finale was the worse finale I think of the year, it was SO lackluster and boring.

QUOTE (actualtinafan @ Sep 13 2011, 10:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey, on the brightside, Tina isn't on the sides or cover of any of the season 2 releases, making her the only castmember to be excluded. dry.gif

... Will and Emma as well. I have not associated Terri as a actual castmember since the F13 of S1.

If anyone is getting it though, please make some screencaps of the menus and DVD's. smile.gif

RayRow

RayRow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
QUOTE (hiracdelest @ Sep 12 2011, 08:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's a good deal smile.gif

hiracdelest

hiracdelest

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • Location:Pittsburgh,PA/ Santa Fe, NM/Espanola,NM/ Albuquerque,NM
i just got back. yep, it came to like $10-something with tax.

I'm going to watch a few episodes before I watch the bonus features. There's 7 bonus features

Princess Kenny

Princess Kenny

Mrrrph mrrph, Mrrrrph Mrrph Mrr Mrrph

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,981 posts
If anyone is buying the complete season 2 I suggest you go to a Target. Buy it there and it has a bonus disc including the Glee panel from Paleyfest. Just got mine on my lunch break, I'm gonna watch it after work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Other Shows: Arrow | The Tomorrow People | Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | The Originals | The 100 | Star-Crossed | Bates Motel | Glee | Devious Maids