Other Shows: Arrow . The Tomorrow People . Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. . The Originals . The 100 . Star-Crossed . Bates Motel . Devious Maids
Photo

Glee: The Complete Second Season DVD, Blu-Ray, and Vol. 2

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

hiracdelest

hiracdelest

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • Location:Pittsburgh,PA/ Santa Fe, NM/Espanola,NM/ Albuquerque,NM

1 thing is bugging me. I don't know if it's like this for the complete S2 box set or not...but on Volume 2, Disc 1 is just The Sue Sylvester Shuffle and Silly Love Songs...no bonus features on that disc, other than the Jukebox..it just seems weird to me to only put 2 episodes on the 1st disc and then put no special features on it

aturner

aturner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
QUOTE (RiskBreakerGleek @ Sep 13 2011, 12:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If anyone is buying the complete season 2 I suggest you go to a Target. Buy it there and it has a bonus disc including the Glee panel from Paleyfest. Just got mine on my lunch break, I'm gonna watch it after work.

its not paleyfest that was in season 1 season 2 at target is a dvd of comic con

#1 GLEE FAN

#1 GLEE FAN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,138 posts
QUOTE (hiracdelest @ Sep 14 2011, 08:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1 thing is bugging me. I don't know if it's like this for the complete S2 box set or not...but on Volume 2, Disc 1 is just The Sue Sylvester Shuffle and Silly Love Songs...no bonus features on that disc, other than the Jukebox..it just seems weird to me to only put 2 episodes on the 1st disc and then put no special features on it

????????? Thats quite odd? What are the menu's like??

LCT1000

LCT1000

Being a part of something special makes you special

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,235 posts
does anyone have any screencaps of the complete season 2 box, and the interior of the box? and menus possibly smile.gif

jamjam1794

jamjam1794

TGB Harmony is my wife. She is wonderful. Bow to us.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 914 posts
Menu photos I found online:

http://29.media.tumb...kc36do1_500.jpg
http://26.media.tumb...kc36do1_500.jpg
http://29.media.tumb...kc36do1_500.jpg
http://25.media.tumb...kc36do1_500.jpg
http://27.media.tumb...jmxqvo1_500.jpg

Rachel Hudson

Rachel Hudson

I love you, Cory.

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 33,733 posts
  • GFA '12: Biggest Shipper
  • GFA '13: Biggest Shipper
  • GFA '14: Best Writer
I was hoping for delted scenes....

LCT1000

LCT1000

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,235 posts
Thanks so much for the menu photos!! I live in nthe UK, so the DVD aint out until next Monday smile.gif Anyone got photos of the box interior etc smile.gif

tobynet

tobynet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
Anyone got photos of the box interior etc

On amazon, someone has uploaded the back cover and the cd covers. Check them out! http://www.amazon.co..._cmu_pg__header

Princess Kenny

Princess Kenny

Mrrrph mrrph, Mrrrrph Mrrph Mrr Mrrph

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,898 posts
QUOTE (aturner @ Sep 13 2011, 07:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
its not paleyfest that was in season 1 season 2 at target is a dvd of comic con

Wrong, it's Paleyfest 2011

comic con is just a regular special feature.

Paleyfest is on the exclusive disc that comes with getting it from target.

Stiffy

Stiffy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
I just went to amazon, to check if the release date for the S2 Blu Ray finally arrived... of course I checked the cover again, if there finally is a bigger version... and then I noticed THIS:

#1 GLEE FAN

#1 GLEE FAN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,138 posts
^ HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!! ^

mysticgirl916

mysticgirl916

Matthew Morrison Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,611 posts
It's still going on my Christmas list

LCT1000

LCT1000

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,235 posts
I always buy Glee on DVD. Does anyone buy Glee on blu ray?? is the quality brilliant? because i was considering getting it smile.gif

Tina Cohen-Chang

Tina Cohen-Chang

President of the Benevolent Republic of Tinastan

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,475 posts
  • GFA '13: Most Positive
  • GFA '14: Biggest Tina Stan
I get the bluray becasue i buy the first week it comes out at target, and they always have stuff on sale the week it comes out, and it really isn't that bad a price for a complete season on bluray and i just in general prefer bluray quality for the movies and shows i really love. it's nothing over the top but the colors are definitely a lot crisper, but i don't know that i'd pay the full price for it. it was barely 40 bucks the week it came out which you know you pay 30 for a single movie normally, so i found it worth it.

General Schuester

General Schuester

Captain of Team Will

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 30,480 posts
No way was last season worth 40 dollars, Im waiting till its christmas where it will for sure be definitely on sale and a much cheaper price.

*~UKGLeek4ev@!~*

*~UKGLeek4ev@!~*

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 408 posts
I only got the Season 1 boxset as soon as it came out, for christmas last year because HMV were selling a limited edition version, where the cover was a different colour to the normal boxset version and it also came with a bonus CD, that you couldn't get anywhere else. I was expecting a few more extras on it though, with it being limited edition. I also loved the majority of Season 1.

As for the Season 2 boxset, I was going to ask for it for christmas but because there doesn't seem to be a limited edition version of this one out or any great extras, I think I'll just wait until it goes down in price. As at the moment, it's the same price as the Season 1 limited edition boxset, so I don't think it's worth it. I also thought Season 2 wasn't as good as Season 1. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoyed certain episodes in Season 2 though.

I agree with what alot of you are saying though. I wish they would add alot of really good extras onto these DVD boxsets. I would also love audio commentary from both the cast and director/producers for each episode, deleted scenes/songs, extended scenes/songs, behind the scenes features for each episode, bloopers etc. I have alot of DVDs/boxsets that included all of those things mentioned above. I don't see why they can't include these in the Glee boxsets as well.

I think the UK version of the Season 2 boxset will be the same design as the Season 1 boxset. Which include both volumes inside the one boxset. I didn't really like this design either because the boxset starts to look a bit worn after a while, with it being cardboard and from myself/sister keep opening and closing it, to get the DVDs out.

I would have thought the boxset would have had Kurt, Blaine, Santana and Britney on the front cover, like most of you have said. They had bigger storylines in Season 2, than the rest of the cast members.

Sam Evans

Sam Evans

HAVVNG TROUBBLE BREATHIN LOL

• imgAdministrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 43,385 posts
  • GFA '12: Best Gay
  • GFA '13: Favorite Mod/Admin
  • GFA '14: Biggest Sam Stan
QUOTE (General Schuester @ Oct 24 2011, 10:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No way was last season worth 40 dollars, Im waiting till its christmas where it will for sure be definitely on sale and a much cheaper price.

This. I can wait for it.

Indiaskye

Indiaskye

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,701 posts
QUOTE (LCT1000 @ Oct 20 2011, 03:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I always buy Glee on DVD. Does anyone buy Glee on blu ray?? is the quality brilliant? because i was considering getting it smile.gif

I had season 1 on dvd first but after I got a blu-ray player I bought seasons 1 and 2 on blu-ray ... can't say I've regretted it! The picture quality is definitely much better on blu-ray and the sound quality is really good as well.

GGleek

GGleek

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
Got on friday finally my second season Bluray boxset. (needed two weeks from us to germany ^^)

As Indiaskye says, picture and sound are great as at first season set. And u can watch the complete season without any disruption o.O

LCT1000

LCT1000

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,235 posts
Thanks guys. smile.gif I'm thinking about getting the blu rays for Christmas, as I got a blu ray player yesterday and the quality is AMAZING. Do you guys think I should get Seasons 1 and 2 on blu ray? smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Other Shows: Arrow | The Tomorrow People | Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | The Originals | The 100 | Star-Crossed | Bates Motel | Glee | Devious Maids