Other Shows: Arrow . The Tomorrow People . Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. . The Originals . The 100 . Star-Crossed . Bates Motel . Devious Maids
Photo

Let It Snow released!

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

Guest_twinklingstar

Guest_twinklingstar
  • Guests

It is interesting. I think slow would have been more romantic which would have been great for them. Though, the fast pace was neat and I also enjoyed the jazzy feel. If it does end up on the Christmas episode I would like to see what they do with it. Aside from that, I am a little upset. I can easily sing Kurt's parts in BICO however LIS is posing a bit of a challenge for me biggrin.gif laugh.gif tongue.gif Overall, It is a cute number and I think the fact that it is them singing it makes it very cute.

londongirl

londongirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,097 posts
QUOTE (tweetienyc @ Nov 2 2011, 09:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Like it smile.gif The pace is faster but that actually made the song more joyous and for me, very playful . smile.gif Funny, i can see them having a snow ball fight, running around the snow,etc as i listen to the song.... ha ha ha... Liked the jazzy feel to it.. smile.gif

Very happy song and it brings a smile to my face and warmth in my heart... What a Christmas\holiday song should bring to the listener and i believe this song did that... smile.gif

I agree with this! I'm glad they switched it up a bit and didn't just do a copycat version of the original. They sound great together, love the harmonising and the playful up-beat melody!

Hikari

Hikari

[glee needz moar Harmony]

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,144 posts
Maybe it's because I'm a huge jazz nut, but I love the arrangement. I even dig Chris's voice on this song.

TheOneGleeFan

TheOneGleeFan

All aboard the Kurt Hummel love boat!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 873 posts
QUOTE (14istheluckynumber @ Nov 2 2011, 10:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
'sing sing sing fast fast fast man i need to pee sing fast sing fast need to get to the toilet aha ALL DONE' *both rush off to bathroom*

that's what it sounds like happened.

haha laugh.gif

I like Darren's voice in this but I do think Chris sounds weird yet again.

dylanfry

dylanfry

Advanced Member

• TGFP Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 568 posts
  • GFA '13: Best Singer
i was personally dreading this one.. but i really enjoy it.. i love the jazzy sound its got to it. i have liked everything darrens done so far.. i normally dont prefer chris's voice (even though he is extremely talented) .. but i really liked his voice on this.

Gleek1978

Gleek1978

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,769 posts
I so wanted to like this but its way too fast and swingy, gutted because I do love the song and Klaine, they sound like they have been sped up way too much (especially Chris!) Hope its shown in the episode in a fun way, then I might enjoy it.

Lykaios

Lykaios

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
Doo bee do bee do... Yeah no..
Meh..

I however like the slowed down version that's going around on Tumblr better! wink.gif

The Mac

The Mac

Rachelite.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,420 posts
QUOTE (Lykaios @ Nov 2 2011, 09:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Meh..

I however like the slowed down version that's going around on Tumblr better! wink.gif

Do you have a link for this? Thanks

Mikey

Mikey

Unapologetic Douchenozzle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,811 posts
Normally I like this kind of up-tempo arrangement, but Let It Snow works sooo much better as a slower song. It just kills a lot of the charm for the sake of adding a most unnecessary p'zazz.

Glorfindel

Glorfindel

Advanced Member

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,772 posts
  • GFA '12: Most (Glee) Knowledgeable
I love it.

I like that every verse is sung in a different way. It's never the same, each verse has another variation.
They really had fun with the music arrangement.

Darren and Chris both sound very good. Darren is smooth and is singing in the right style. And they are using Chris' tenor and falsetto/upper register 'coloring'/timbre in an excellent way.

The way the guys harmonize together in the scats: that's very good work.

Struck by Lightning

Struck by Lightning

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
OMG I love Chris on this. The tempo was an odd choice but it does keep it interesting too. smile.gif

SharpCookies

SharpCookies

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts
I tried to keep an open mind about this... and hey look, I like it! I love jazz, and honestly I find this upbeat version much more entertaining than the slower versions. Darrens voice works great with jazz, and together he and Chris sound good. I like it. : )

Elizabeth Bennet

Elizabeth Bennet

I could easily forgive his pride, if he had not mortified mine.

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,103 posts
  • From the Top: Member Since 2009
  • GFA '13: Mod Spotlight
  • GFA '14: Biggest Ryder Stan
I was hoping for something a little more classic and slow, but I still really like it.

I really like their voices together and it's fun and cute!!

I love Chris's voice here. I think I always prefer his duets to his solos...

They made something really Gleeful with it... even if the original stands on his own and would've been amazing anyway...

KDlaxgoalie

KDlaxgoalie

Semi-pro Lurker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
QUOTE (Lykaios @ Nov 2 2011, 05:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Meh..

INDEED!!! the slowed down version is sooooo much better! It's not like they slowed it down to a "slow version" they just slowed it down to normal speed and now it doesn't sound like the chipmunks.

hiracdelest

hiracdelest

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • Location:Pittsburgh,PA/ Santa Fe, NM/Espanola,NM/ Albuquerque,NM
Blah sleep.gif' i've disliked both xmas songs we've heard so far. i LOVE the 1st xmas album so i was excited for the 2nd 1...but now there's been 2 dud songs sad.gif

MikkaJ

MikkaJ

The Undisputed Top Bitches

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,774 posts
QUOTE (mcclorynator @ Nov 2 2011, 05:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do you have a link for this? Thanks

The slower version (I like it better, too)

TrixieSparkleFirecracker

TrixieSparkleFirecracker

I will always love you Cory

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,522 posts
the faster version would be good for like a big ND dance number, the slower version could be a cutesy flirtly BICO duet... either way i like both very good boys

jettasian

jettasian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 615 posts
QUOTE (TheOneGleeFan @ Nov 2 2011, 01:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
haha laugh.gif

I like Darren's voice in this but I do think Chris sounds weird yet again.

For ONCE, I can tolerate Chris high pitch voice.

I love this version. They manage to make an old and tired song into something fresh and exciting.

OMG, this is embarrassing. I have been listening to the some for like 20x...and then, realized it's the slowed down version. So just listened to the fast version...and it's weird...I guess I get used to the slow version, lol.

weasle1609

weasle1609

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
Yeah it took me a couple listens but I finally decided its not too shabby smile.gif The end is kinda what did me in.....JAZZY!

Anddd I just listened to the slower version and decided I liked it better...... Still praying Naya's Santa Baby and Rachel's River give me a reason to buy at least one or 2 songs from the album.

gleekluv

gleekluv

Womp womp womp

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,984 posts
QUOTE (MikkaJ @ Nov 2 2011, 07:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The slower version (I like it better, too)

That version is a massive improvement.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Other Shows: Arrow | The Tomorrow People | Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | The Originals | The 100 | Star-Crossed | Bates Motel | Glee | Devious Maids