Other Shows: Arrow . The Tomorrow People . Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. . The Originals . The 100 . Star-Crossed . Bates Motel . Devious Maids
Photo

Poll: rory vs. artie

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

Poll: Rory vs. Artie (135 member(s) have cast votes)

who would you choose/ who do you want sugar to choose?

1. rory (51 votes [36.43%])

Percentage of vote: 36.43%

2. artie (67 votes [47.86%])

Percentage of vote: 47.86%

3. neither (22 votes [15.71%])

Percentage of vote: 15.71%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Star-Lord

Star-Lord

Ooooh chiiiiild, things will get easierrrr

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,603 posts
  • GFA '13: Best Username

ok so in light of the puppy pictures i think they artie and rory will be trying to one up eachother throughout the episode with presents and stuff

ShamelessHussy

ShamelessHussy

Advanced Member

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,988 posts
  • GFA '13: Most Profound
QUOTE (imightjustloveyou @ Feb 13 2012, 05:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ok so in light of the puppy pictures i think they artie and rory will be trying to one up eachother throughout the episode with presents and stuff

This at least has the promise of great comedy for a short time, unlike any of the other triangles on Glee! biggrin.gif

Star-Lord

Star-Lord

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,603 posts
QUOTE (ShamelessHussy @ Feb 13 2012, 06:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This at least has the promise of great comedy for a short time, unlike any of the other triangles on Glee! biggrin.gif

Definatley definately this- i really think that this kind of love triangle will entertain me alot more than Fuinnchel or Samcedes when the answer is obvious and its mostly just going in circles.If you look at the poll its neck and neck and its 3 characters who we dont really know what to expect from them with this type of plot
plus i love funny glee!! it is a comedy after all...

KurtBurtFan22

KurtBurtFan22

Advanced Member

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,569 posts
  • GFA '13: Best Artist
  • GFA '14: Best Artist
I picked Rory, because I secretly hope and want Brittany & Artie to get back together!!!!

(I can dream right?)

melantha91

melantha91

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
QUOTE (imightjustloveyou @ Feb 13 2012, 04:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Puppy pictures?? Please explain.

ChasingSkys

ChasingSkys

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
I think sugar should be with Rory.their relationship would be really sweet and innocent.

computerx

computerx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,395 posts
Whoah! We got neck to neck..

Rory: 40 votes
Artie: 40 votes
neither: ???

melantha91

melantha91

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
With the puppy pictures I would also think that she would pick Rory but then Vanessa said in the interview that Sugar is more enamored with Artie.

In Tuesday's episode (8/7c, Fox), Sugar's dad throws her a huge party at Breadstix soon to be renamed Sugar Shack in honor of her favorite holiday. All of New Directions is invited to the bash but not without one stern marching order from their hostess: No singles allowed!

The warning is odd considering Sugar herself has been riding solo since she first popped up in September. However, her sudden desire for a date will bring out both Rory and Artie's A-games when they each try to win her heart in true Glee style with song. "Kevin McHale's serenade was one of the hottest things that I've seen on the show," Lengies says. "He used to be in a boy band and I grew up completely obsessed with boy bands. He just pulled out every move that was fully engrained in my childhood and teen years."

Suffice it to say, there's a clear winner of the Sugar showdown in Lengies' eyes. "Damian [McGinty]'s such a great guy. The other day, I had a really hard day on set because of family issues and he totally comforted me," Lengies says. "But Sugar, in my mind, was definitely won over more by Artie."

No matter who gets the last dance, New Directions' newest power couple won't last long. "My take is that Sugar doesn't even care about being in a relationship. She just cannot be seen single at this party," Lengies says. "But I really never know what the producers have planned."

http://www.tvguide.c...es-1043352.aspx

jamjam1794

jamjam1794

TGB Harmony is my wife. She is wonderful. Bow to us.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 914 posts
Artie. Hands down. After "You Should Let Me Love You", he can do whatever the hell he wants to do.

QUOTE (melantha91 @ Feb 12 2012, 06:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm sorry, I missed your point. Mike's thrusting hip movements mesmerised me for too long.

Trewster

Trewster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 790 posts
QUOTE (computerx @ Feb 13 2012, 11:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Whoah! We got neck to neck..

Rory: 40 votes
Artie: 40 votes
neither: ???

Now it's 44 for Artie and 40 for Rory, but I think we can call this a split. That's what makes this storyline pretty entertaining, it's pretty much up in the air for who to root for and there's no preset winner we're supposed to root for, unless you are more of a fan of one than the other I suppose.

QUOTE (ChasingSkys @ Feb 13 2012, 07:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think sugar should be with Rory.their relationship would be really sweet and innocent.

I don't know about that, Sugar seems like quite a handful. Looks like she's been pretty spoiled by her dad, which I guess would translate over to her relationships. I think she might walk all over Rory, but he'd probably love every minute of it laugh.gif

Mossa

Mossa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
QUOTE (Trewster @ Feb 14 2012, 07:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Now it's 44 for Artie and 40 for Rory, but I think we can call this a split. That's what makes this storyline pretty entertaining, it's pretty much up in the air for who to root for and there's no preset winner we're supposed to root for, unless you are more of a fan of one than the other I suppose.

I don't know about that, Sugar seems like quite a handful. Looks like she's been pretty spoiled by her dad, which I guess would translate over to her relationships. I think she might walk all over Rory, but he'd probably love every minute of it laugh.gif

I'm distressed that so many people think Artie is suitable boyfriend material. He is completely misogynistic, rude, sexist and has a very warped view of how relationships should work. Perhaps it's just that Rory is considered an even worse option?

I voted Rory. I don't really care for him but at least he doesn't think he's a pimp.

Trewster

Trewster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 790 posts
QUOTE (Mossa @ Feb 14 2012, 11:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm distressed that so many people think Artie is suitable boyfriend material. He is completely misogynistic, rude, sexist and has a very warped view of how relationships should work. Perhaps it's just that Rory is considered an even worse option?

I voted Rory. I don't really care for him but at least he doesn't think he's a pimp.

I don't know, I thought Artie grew up a lot between season 1 and season 2. He had the one episode in POM where they made him misogynistic towards Tina as a plot device, even though it is my belief he is more tongue-in-cheek with the way he speaks, which still rubs people the wrong way. In season 2, I thought he was a pretty good boyfriend, if not misguided/inexperienced with some of the way he handled things. Even to now he has grown, emphasized by the way he handled the Becky situation. I think if you're calling him misogynistic and sexist, you're not allowing yourself to see his growth and not allowing Artie to redeem himself.

Mossa

Mossa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
QUOTE (Trewster @ Feb 14 2012, 07:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't know, I thought Artie grew up a lot between season 1 and season 2. He had the one episode in POM where they made him misogynistic towards Tina as a plot device, even though it is my belief he is more tongue-in-cheek with the way he speaks, which still rubs people the wrong way. In season 2, I thought he was a pretty good boyfriend, if not misguided/inexperienced with some of the way he handled things. Even to now he has grown, emphasized by the way he handled the Becky situation. I think if you're calling him misogynistic and sexist, you're not allowing yourself to see his growth and not allowing Artie to redeem himself.

It's not just the way he treated Tina in Season 1 but the way he acts towards the girls in Glee throughout. He often makes comments about their appearance even when it's totally inappropriate such as to Rachel in Brittney/Brittany (something along the lines of Bounce it bounce it). He said something about ostrich eggs about someone's breasts at some point too. He just seems to think it's acceptable to publicly sexually harass girls like he's stuck in the 1950s or something. I see the points where he has grown for sure but overall I still don't think he's great boyfriend material. He has a lot to prove.

Merry

Merry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 903 posts
QUOTE (jamjam1794 @ Feb 14 2012, 11:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Artie. Hands down. After "You Should Let Me Love You", he can do whatever the hell he wants to do.

Sugar might like it but I'm honestly not all that impressed by it. Maybe its because I'm not into the boy band thing.

Interesting that Vanessa seems to think this is all a short time thing while Damian said it is something that continues for the rest of the season. Things like that are the reason I don't trust interviews. They all troll or they are just speculating themselves.

Someone brought up the point that no singles are allowed at Sugar's party but Artie and Rory are both there.

KC_GLEEKER21

KC_GLEEKER21

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,538 posts
Wasn't Artie the one who called Brittany stupid last season because Rory would never call her that but that's is my own personal opinion . I ship Rory with Sam since EMC and never looked back but only ship Sugary now because it's more of a realistic ship I can picture happening on the show . If Artie does end up with Sugar he will find a way to ruin the relationship because it's part of his MO see example Tina & Brittany .

Someone brought up the point that no singles are allowed at Sugar's party but Artie and Rory are both there.

Sam is there but he looks sad and alone at the dance so who would be his date then ?

Star-Lord

Star-Lord

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,603 posts
Brittany had just cheated on him with Santana at the time and had allowed herself to be manipulated her. he was upset and slipped, he apoligized a bunch of times. I seriously dont get how people can see him as the bad guy in that situation.I want sugar with rory but i have to defend artie here.

all IMO of course

The Duchess

The Duchess

omnomnomnom

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts
QUOTE (Mossa @ Feb 14 2012, 02:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, I'm pretty distressed that people think Finn, the guy who outs people without apologizing and dumps girls for other girls, is suitable boyfriend material. *shrug* we've all got differing opinions.

do you even know what misogynistic means? and I'm asking you because people in this fandom have no idea 99% of the time and equate the word to "sexist", both of which are not interchangeable.

that being said, he's apologized to both Tina and Brittany. and I don't get why people hold the "stupid" comment against him given that she, yanno, cheated on him.

KC_GLEEKER21

KC_GLEEKER21

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,538 posts
Brittany had just cheated on him with Santana at the time and had allowed herself to be manipulated her.

What happened to the saying if the plumbing is the same it's not considered cheating

Merry

Merry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 903 posts
This is why I'm not a shipper. Perfectly good characters get ripped to pieces.

Star-Lord

Star-Lord

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,603 posts
im sorry if anyone felt i ripped any characters to shreds. That was not my intention

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Other Shows: Arrow | The Tomorrow People | Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | The Originals | The 100 | Star-Crossed | Bates Motel | Glee | Devious Maids