Other Shows: Arrow . The Tomorrow People . Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. . The Originals . The 100 . Star-Crossed . Bates Motel . Devious Maids
Photo

More Sugar!

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Kurtofksy

Kurtofksy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

I'm loving Sugar! Seriously she's like the Brittany of Season 3. (I believe Becky was the Brittany of season 2)

She offers a different humor with her supposed "asperger's syndrome"

Definitely loved her this episode!

Gleek-Girl

Gleek-Girl

Inactive

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts
Agreed. Of course, you can see that by my icon and signature! But still, she needs more screen time.

BowtieBlaine

BowtieBlaine

i love u forever, my strange tiny doe-eyed pervert

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,842 posts
  • GFA '12: Biggest Character Stan
  • GFA '14: Biggest Blaine Stan
I liked Sugar in Heart, but I know that her humor is something I'd get tired of and annoyed by really quickly.
So I hope the writers don't overdo it. I mean, "Maybe my dad can buy Ireland!" isn't very funny. But Vanessa's a talented actress from what I can see, so she pulled it off. But if she has this many one-liners per episode for several coming episodes, I'm quite sure I'll have had my fill and more.

bobbitsholiday

bobbitsholiday

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
Sugar is my favorite new character of this season! I really hope they RIB keep her around even though most people do not like her. I think they see her hilarity though.

jaymcb

jaymcb

"Now they are all looking for a Lea Michele type"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,703 posts
I like Sugar but I still prefer her as background. Some characters are better used in the peripheral. If you use them too much they lose their effectiveness, uniqueness. See Sue, see Brittany.

Merry

Merry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 903 posts
I like Sugar but I still prefer her as background. Some characters are better used in the peripheral. If you use them too much they lose their effectiveness, uniqueness. See Sue, see Brittany.

I agree. I would like Sugar to stay but use her here and there. Little quips and things are funny but after a while I would eventually want to stick a sock in her mouth.

*Drizzle*

*Drizzle*

❤ Finn L♡ver ❤

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,514 posts

I want more Sugar

ShamelessHussy

ShamelessHussy

Advanced Member

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,115 posts
  • GFA '13: Most Profound
QUOTE (bobbitsholiday @ Feb 16 2012, 02:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sugar is my favorite new character of this season! I really hope they RIB keep her around even though most people do not like her. I think they see her hilarity though.

I totally think you're wrong there. Most fans adore Sugar. She's always the best background character and the wardrobe Glee has given her is fantastic! (now if they would just dress Blaine and Mercedes better....)

I do agree though that Sugar should remain a caricature and background character. A large part of the problems with Glee is that they are trying to service too many characters. Every last fan, even the privileged Finchel ones, are dissatisfied with the amount of screentime and songs their fave gets.

Grayson Ellis

Grayson Ellis

Dime Eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts
No!! I love her but she should remain a minor character. People loved Brittany but she became too overexposed and less funny. Keep Sugar hilarious!

aliaspete

aliaspete

Am I the only one who thinks Karofsky is hot???

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
She is way better than Rory or Teen Jesus!

I want her to have a solo soon....
I would like her to team up with Karofsky as his faghag!

Panda Express

Panda Express

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,325 posts
I've been shipping Sugar/Screen time for a while now so I loved that she was so used in Heart but this is about as much screen time as she should ever get a C plot. She's hilarious as she is, I hope they don't try to make her aspergers syndrome real its funnier that she's faking it, I hope they don't try to give her too much depth thats what ruined Sue and Brittany. Keep her as is she's perfect.

sinnfb

sinnfb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,031 posts
I respectfully disagree. Vanessa is a great actress but if they overuse Sugar she's going to be ruined just like Brittany... I'm happy with the screentime she's getting so far.

BowtieBlaine

BowtieBlaine

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,842 posts
QUOTE (aliaspete @ Feb 16 2012, 10:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would like her to team up with Karofsky as his faghag!

All the awards for most disgusting proposition ever. And the term is stupid and offensive.

olla

olla

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,482 posts
Sugar is on par with Harmony as most liked character addition for season three according to my poll, she's funny and since they dropped the whole aspergers schtick she's been a joy to watch... even just as a background character. I wasn't enamoured with her love triangle in Heart. Then again, I'm normally not one who enjoys any love triangles, plus Artie having to dig through the garbage and potted plant was funny, but sad and mean.

I can't wait to see her interact with more characters. I'd like it if we could see just be friends with someone.

Sale

Sale

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts
I miss the Asperger's schtick. If they were going to drop it, I'd have at least liked to see the dropping addressed. I'm also wondering how she suddenly became a competent singer in "Summer Nights."

Panda Express

Panda Express

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,325 posts
QUOTE (BowtieBlaine @ Feb 17 2012, 09:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
All the awards for most disgusting proposition ever. And the term is stupid and offensive.

It is not offensive, fag hags love to be called that and every good fag has at least one hag. Its a term developed within the gay community its not offensive or mean in intent its cute and playful.

I miss the Asperger's schtick. If they were going to drop it, I'd have at least liked to see the dropping addressed. I'm also wondering how she suddenly became a competent singer in "Summer Nights."

We saw Shelby working with her vocals in I Am Unicorn presumably more of that happened that we didn't see.

BowtieBlaine

BowtieBlaine

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,842 posts
QUOTE (Panda Express @ Feb 17 2012, 12:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It is not offensive, fag hags love to be called that and every good fag has at least one hag. Its a term developed within the gay community its not offensive or mean in intent its cute and playful.

I just hate the double standard. Whether it's blacks calling each other the N word or gays calling each other or their girlfriends the F word. It's just silly. Especially when the same people get their wand in a knot if others use it.

"Every good fag"... listen to yourself. No wonder the LGBT movement have difficulties reaching out to people. rolleyes.gif

olla

olla

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,482 posts
I don't like the term either, it's got too much hate attached to the first part. They don't use the term on the show. They shorten it to simply 'hag' and I don't think we should be using it on the forum.

Anyway, I like seeing Sugar hop on to Artie's lap - that's the second time she has done it, and it's cute. She seems really tiny and whimsical at times. The 'daddy's little girl' angle is pretty funny. Totally spoiled.

aliaspete

aliaspete

Am I the only one who thinks Karofsky is hot???

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
QUOTE (BowtieBlaine @ Feb 17 2012, 12:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just hate the double standard. Whether it's blacks calling each other the N word or gays calling each other or their girlfriends the F word. It's just silly. Especially when the same people get their wand in a knot if others use it.

"Every good fag"... listen to yourself. No wonder the LGBT movement have difficulties reaching out to people. rolleyes.gif

I'm sorry if my comment cause you such offence..... I myself am gay and i meant it in the playful term.
Some people are defined by their sexuality....... I am not! If we cannot laugh and poke fun at ourselves then we are going to be very sad lonely people. I often refer to my female friends as faghags and they take it with the spirit it is intended .....good spirited banter between friends.. I can agree that in this what is somewhat an anonymous forum it can be taken out of context and deemed inappropriate.

But sometimes I feel political correctness is gone MAD! And that is one of the very reasons I love Glee for it politically incorrect moments......

If you get that offended by this how can you possibly not get offended and watch this show?

"Santana, Wheels, Gay Kid, Asian, Other Asian, Aretha and Shaft"

PS CAN WE PLEASE GET BACK ON SUBJECT! SUGAR AND HER GREATNESS! before this get closed down!

Panda Express

Panda Express

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,325 posts
QUOTE (BowtieBlaine @ Feb 17 2012, 10:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's how I talk with all my gay friends. I'm not an LGBT activist, never will be I don't see why I should censor the way I talk? Its a fun word that we've reclaimed that amongst LGBT people it takes away the negative stigma attached to the word.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Other Shows: Arrow | The Tomorrow People | Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | The Originals | The 100 | Star-Crossed | Bates Motel | Glee | Devious Maids