Other Shows: Arrow . The Tomorrow People . Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. . The Originals . The 100 . Star-Crossed . Bates Motel . Devious Maids
Photo

You Should Be Dancing - Sneak Peek

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

Lauren

Lauren

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

POPULAR

Haquicah

Haquicah

no she's dead, this is her son

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,153 posts

POPULAR

What is up with the lighting this season? I could barely even see the performance.

Joseph Gordon-Levitt

Joseph Gordon-Levitt

Damn those cool ranch Doritos.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,591 posts
I really wasn't impressed, I kind hope they omit this performance from the episode. I guess it's good but nothing superb

CelestialMystic

CelestialMystic

be urself n don't listen to Kim Kardashian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts

POPULAR

As much as I like the big group numbers on the show, it's nice to see a number with fewer dancers (limited to just the good ones, although some of the good ones are missing from this number), where the director and editors don't have to do as many fancy cuts to hide how out of sync/off-tempo some of the dancers are, and the choreography can be harder than usual.

This honestly makes me wish even harder for a Brittana/Klaine/Tike dance number, because having the six best dancers in ND together would be kind of amazing.

(And before anyone asks - yes, I have a background in dance, and yes, I can back up my assessment of various peoples' dancing talent or lack thereof if there's interest, but I won't in this post.)

Brit+Hats=OTP

Brit+Hats=OTP

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
I actually think Darren did rather well. Also finally some proper dance focus on Heather and she is slaying. Not a fan of some of the camera work. The camera man seems a bit drunk with the weird angles and cuts at times that makes it hard to see the actual dancing/moves.

For the singing, definitely not liking it, but hell the dancing made the overall performance decent from my pov.

CelestialMystic: I agree x100. With a few skilled/decent dancers the choreography also gets taken to a higher level, and it just make the whole thing more enjoyable to watch. Glee just really needs to utilize the skills of their cast better, I would kill to see a performance with the combination you mentioned.

Amy Pond

Amy Pond

Always and Forever ♥

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,113 posts
  • GFA '14: Biggest Kurt Stan
The lighting on Glee is just really horrible I couldn't see half the performance. I will just wait for tumblr to brighten it. From what I could tell the dance was great and I loved the split in the air and darren's falsetto was good.

Stiles Stilinski

Stiles Stilinski

You are a beautiful idiot

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,037 posts
  • GFA '12: Friendliest

He's talented but for some reason the Glee producers think he's more talented than he is.

Posted Image

gleek 22

gleek 22

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 625 posts
it didn't produce me any feelings at all and really I have enough Blaine for a week they didn't have another video with another singer to release early, don't care who just another one

Stiles Stilinski

Stiles Stilinski

You are a beautiful idiot

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,037 posts
  • GFA '12: Friendliest
I liked it, kind of. I hate the song, but the performance was fun.

CelestialMystic

CelestialMystic

be urself n don't listen to Kim Kardashian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts

CelestialMystic: I agree x100. With a few skilled/decent dancers the choreography also gets taken to a higher level, and it just make the whole thing more enjoyable to watch. Glee just really needs to utilize the skills of their cast better, I would kill to see a performance with the combination you mentioned.

It's like what happens when they pair Mike and Blaine up as the background in "Hot for Teacher", Mike and Schue as the background for "Moves Like Jagger", or Brittany and Tina up for the background of pretty much everything else. Although Brittany and Mike are surely stronger dancers than the other three I've mentioned, they don't have to hold back nearly as much, and the choreography can have more energy and finesse because the other dancers are naturally up to the task, even if they don't quite match the Brittany/Mike level (all the time - sometimes they do).

Also, as I'm talking about dancing, typical comment bemoaning the fact that one of their best dancers is in a wheelchair.

ETA: Also, to keep this post a little more specific to this number, the article this is in calls the number a threesome. Forever laughing.

mrschimp

mrschimp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
Please somone have a youtube link ?

Team Finchel!

Team Finchel!

Finchel shipper and proud of it :)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,771 posts
I like what we saw.

Grayson Ellis

Grayson Ellis

Dime Eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,375 posts
That performance was terrific ... with the volume off. None of the vocals sat well with me at all.

Breakaway

Breakaway

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts
The dancing was so much fun Darrens jump at the end wow I wish my body moved like that
--
I Loved the number as a whole I like disco im 25 and I like it.

Moni

Moni

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,728 posts
Very entertaining performance. I especially love the dancing. :)

cutevballer25

cutevballer25

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts
It was alright. Britt and Mike are the best dancers on this show and I feel that wasn't shown. They had a few good moves but it was lacking for me. They looked like they were having fun though! Vocals weren't very good.

Moni

Moni

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,728 posts

The dancing was so much fun Darrens jump at the end wow I wish my body moved like that
--
I Loved the number as a whole I like disco im 25 and I like it.

Yes, that jump is really great. :)

Posted Image

ptran6868

ptran6868

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

I'm not Darren's greatest fan. He's talented but for some reason the Glee producers think he's more talented than he is. He's not Lea and they seem to think he is. They could not have picked a worse song to showcase his talents on. He's good when he's in his key, but when he's in the falsetto? Not good.

Also, Darren is a passable dancer, like most of the people on the show. He can do the basic moves but he's not an Amber who is naturally gifted. So to put him with the two best dancers in the show just exposed all his weaknesses. Like the fact he couldn't stay in sync with them. I do give him kudos for the split in mid air. That's damn athletic.

Passable. It's prob one of my faves of his. Not even close to the awesomeness of Disco Inferno but it could be worse. It could have been Fighter.

It's okay you don't like the performance but no need to bash Darren there. Nobody's thinking that he's Lea, not himself, not his fans, nor RIB, except you. I don't get this Lea comparison here? And then you go on to compare him and Amber's dancing. Darren is more than a passable dancer. You may not like it, but that doesn't mean he's not a good dancer.

Flaca Gonzales

Flaca Gonzales

This gay is the property of Romy.

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,302 posts
  • GFA '12: Funniest
  • GFA '13: Most Sarcastic
  • GFA '14: Biggest Kitty Stan

POPULAR

I'm gonna be the odd one out, I guess! I love the performance and I actually like Darrens singing in this! I'm gonna love this ep so much! :D

MaybeImAmazed

MaybeImAmazed

i don't suppose you could kiss my ass?

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,330 posts
  • GFA '13: Most Articulate
Mike and Brittany sing as well? Or they just dance?

I'm at work, can't watch it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Other Shows: Arrow | The Tomorrow People | Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | The Originals | The 100 | Star-Crossed | Bates Motel | Glee | Devious Maids