Other Shows: Arrow . The Tomorrow People . Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. . The Originals . The 100 . Star-Crossed . Bates Motel . Devious Maids
Photo

You Should Be Dancing - Sneak Peek

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

yellowbowties

yellowbowties

Advanced Member

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Actually, I didn't get use to their voice...but after a few listen, I'm warming up to their take on the song. It's different than their (or Darren's) songs. At least they are trying something they have not tried before.

peters206

peters206

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,798 posts
I didn't like it. I thought Kurt's voice would have fit the song more since he actually has a falsetto.

The Big Berry

The Big Berry

Bigger than before!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts
Song:
Most people do falsetto worse than when they sing in real tone, and that is expected from Darren. It is still enjoyable and acceptable, so the singing part is not the big deal for me in this song. But it would've have been better if Harry and HeMo have a solo line. They look like background dancers now. Background dancers.

Performance:
Lighting is ok for me! I have no idea why the people upstairs say that they can barely seen anything, I get the video clear and bright. As I have always thought, disco balls are annoying :angry: . Darren's dancing is ok, he could catch up to the other two. HeMo and Harry is as always, obviously superb. But their dance moves aren't very challenging (probably to blend with Darren), so it makes the whole performance a lot less attractive. It wasn't anything 'very good' or those big-productions, but being a small number (a rare case that Darren solo's a small number) it was good. :D

Jenzzyuk

Jenzzyuk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,384 posts
I really loved that performance and I totally loved Blaine,Mike and Brittany's dancing.

McVol

McVol

From District 9 3/4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts
I don't like the song, both the original one and Glee version, and am not a fan of Darren's high voice either. I could hear Harry, I think, but towards the end, there are some parts that I can't distinguish who from who. The performance is boring anyway but I'm surprised Darren could hold his own next to Heather and Harry.

Jenzzyuk

Jenzzyuk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,384 posts
I totally love Darren's Voice and I totally loved it how he was singing High.

Glorfindel

Glorfindel

Advanced Member

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,772 posts
  • GFA '12: Most (Glee) Knowledgeable
Weak falsetto.
Nice split jump.

Harry and Heather shouldn't have to do simple background dancing.

(If they have Darren and Harry sing in falsetto, then I'm gonna be miffed if Kurt does not sing BeeGees.)

jacqjacq

jacqjacq

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
i'm a fan of this song, it's really disco and i like it.
i read some comments about the camera-work. If you've seen the movie saturday night fever, than you'll understand the shots they did, the camera-shots are as they shot for the movie.
Also liked the dancing a lot, the moves they're making are the real 80's disco moves. Nowadays they might look a bit weird and dull perhaps, but it's how they (we) used to dance in the 80's.

BigSister

BigSister

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
I don't like the vocals, it just doesn't fit Darren in my opinion and I think with three of the better danes they could have shown even more great dances moves, the camera/cutting sometimes cut out the good moves. But all in all it is an okay to good performance for me. Though I like Disco Inferno better, personally.

This honestly makes me wish even harder for a Brittana/Klaine/Tike dance number, because having the six best dancers in ND together would be kind of amazing.

(And before anyone asks - yes, I have a background in dance, and yes, I can back up my assessment of various peoples' dancing talent or lack thereof if there's interest, but I won't in this post.)

Well if they hadn't put 2 (!) of their better dancers in wheelchairs (both Dianna and Kevin are very good if not even excellent dancers aswell) they could have atleast 8 good dancers in ND for nationals (+Naya, Amber who are quite good as well, atleast in TT numbers).

IforgotitsMillie

IforgotitsMillie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts

POPULAR

Maybe if some of us just relax and enjoy the performance and stop looking for who sang better or who danced better you would appreciate it more. Sheesh. Its disco. :huh:

Anyway I loved it. It was a delight to see this unusual line up of people and the dancing was great. Darren really kept up..it doesn't matter if anyone thought the moves were easy. As I am I can't do any of them so to me I have nothing but admiration for anyone who could keep up with two professional dancers- complex moves or not.

Great number. I have no complaints. :D

Lauren

Lauren

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts
Just to clarify my 'passable dancing' comment.

Darren, when in group performances is probably in the top half of dancers. He's neither the best (even excluding Harry and HeMo) nor the worst (ANYWHERE near the worst. Not when you have Cory, Mark, Lea and Chris there!) He can follow choro and when in the group looks good doing it.

Having him dance with Harry and HeMo though he is shown up. Badly. There are parts of the dance that he is half a beat behind them in choro) That is passable dancing. And these are pretty basic dance moves. (excluding the mid air split, which I did state was awesome athletic skill. It's not really a dance move though) So yes in this context his dancing is passable. It's not great, but it does the job.

I'm liking this more and more. Can't wait to hear the rest of the songs LOOOOOOVE me some disco!

Jenzzyuk

Jenzzyuk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,384 posts
Ok Darren is not as good a dancer as Harry and Heather but he was still very good at busting those Disco Moves.

Bruce Wayne

Bruce Wayne

It's What I Do,

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,838 posts
The staff who dissed disco are trippin.

Good performance by Darren, great choreography and nice to see a lot of those iconic moves in there even if a few were dropped. Dunno about the falsetto, I mean he recreated it sure but I've always thought it'd be cool to see a straight take on a Beegees song.

Lauren

Lauren

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts
For the singing I take it ALL back after hearing the other travisties. I can listen to this without wanting to scream 'WTF ARE YOU DOING TO MY CHILDHOOD?' at the speakers.

IforgotitsMillie

IforgotitsMillie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts
I haven't heard the rest but what's the worst so far.

Lauren

Lauren

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

I haven't heard the rest but what's the worst so far.

Any song Cory is on.

I still don't think Darren should have had to sing it in falsetto (he would have sounded better singing it in a key he's more comfortable in) but he's listenable.
[/qu

Alicia Florrick

Alicia Florrick

Advanced Member

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,602 posts
  • GFA '12: Biggest Character Stan
  • GFA '14: Biggest Blaine Stan
Playing Bee Gees in the record store where I work now. I don't think Darren made a fool of himself at all - on the contrary.

Haven't heard the other songs yet though.

Cassie July

Cassie July

HBIC

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,949 posts
All the guys sound decent, really. Considering that it's hard to sing with all those falsettos, I don't have any complain. They did a good job.

Darcy

Darcy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,229 posts
After listening to the other songs, I'm liking the vocals on this more and more. GleeonFOX on YT put up a much better quality video

Kagura

Kagura

Is wondering if her cat read her diary again

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,517 posts

brighten version

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Other Shows: Arrow | The Tomorrow People | Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | The Originals | The 100 | Star-Crossed | Bates Motel | Glee | Devious Maids