Other Shows: Arrow . The Tomorrow People . Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. . The Originals . The 100 . Star-Crossed . Bates Motel . Devious Maids
Photo

Ratings

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

gleefanatic18

gleefanatic18

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

TVbythenumbers just reported that Glee got 6.1 million viewers for last night, and a 2.4 in the demo. It was a series low.

Not good...

wirsig

wirsig

Advanced Member

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 737 posts
Lower and lower every week. I wonder if graduation will help or Whoopi.

gleefanatic18

gleefanatic18

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Lower and lower every week. I wonder if graduation will help or Whoopi.

Hopefully, next week's Whitney episode will bump it up a little bit. But I'm not thinking glee's gonna go past season 4.

branchman

branchman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
Maybe Whitney can help the momentum up next week :)

And I still see it going past season 4, it's not about doing well, it's about doing better than most of the shows on FOX, so I think it might last 5 or 6 seasons

KurtBlaine4Ever

KurtBlaine4Ever

The show must go all over the place, or something.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,155 posts
I heard

Disco, duck! Glees bout of Saturday Night Fever made its numbers a bit listless this Tuesday, as the Fox hit dropped 9 and 11 percent to new lows of 6.2 million total viewers and a 2.4 demo rating.

I hope it goes back to a 2.5 in the demo.

I know ratings dip in summer. I hope it goes up next week and once the big guest stars come up.

PuckzillaWins

PuckzillaWins

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts
Next week should be better. Whitney Houston should be more popular with the general audience than Disco. If they were going to do Disco they should have done it the 1st year before many of the older fanbase left. Still the last 2 weeks can't be what they wanted to see heading into the finale and graduation.

KurtBlaine4Ever

KurtBlaine4Ever

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,155 posts
and others say

On Fox, Glee lost one tenth from the previous week for a 2.7 rating among adults 18-49. New Girl also dropped a tenth, tying Glee's 2.7. At 9:30, Raising Hope grew 6 percent for a 1.9. Fox averaged 5.4 million viewers.

Stiles Stilinski

Stiles Stilinski

You are a beautiful idiot

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,049 posts
  • GFA '12: Friendliest
I don't really understand why people would stop watching now.. The writing is pretty good as of late. I'd understand if people stopped watching when this season is over.

happygleekgirl

happygleekgirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
I think the fourth season will be it. Makes me so sad. :(

I honestly can't believe it has lasted this long.

KurtBlaine4Ever

KurtBlaine4Ever

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,155 posts
I think one the reasons the demo was low. Is that 18-49 about half of them may be into disco. The music was from over two decades ago.

Jugz da' Clown

Jugz da' Clown

Too legit to quit

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,982 posts
  • GFA '14: Best Username

I think one the reasons the demo was low. Is that 18-49 about half of them may be into disco. The music was from over two decades ago.

I don't think it's about how old the music is, I think it's about the uncool stigma attached to disco.

KurtBlaine4Ever

KurtBlaine4Ever

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,155 posts
What do u mean stigma?

Helga Ravenclaw

Helga Ravenclaw

Advanced Member

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,851 posts
  • GFA '13: Most Articulate
I'm fine with Season 4 being the last one.

ph_bois

ph_bois

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,519 posts
The songs didn't sale well at all, which I guess can be interpreted that people just weren't into a disco themed episode. I wonder if more people just decided to DVR this week to watch it when they could.

KurtBlaine4Ever

KurtBlaine4Ever

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,155 posts
I wonder what the live 7+ will be. I know they don`t count, but it shows that Glee still gets higher numbers

Jugz da' Clown

Jugz da' Clown

Too legit to quit

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,982 posts
  • GFA '14: Best Username

What do u mean stigma?

Sam Evans

Sam Evans

do i have a type?

• imgAdministrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 45,399 posts
  • GFA '12: Best Gay
  • GFA '13: Favorite Mod/Admin
  • GFA '14: Biggest Sam Stan
Really disappointing numbers but it doesn't really matter. Since the show is already renewed we don't have to worry about ratings until next year (unless they plummet).

KurtBlaine4Ever

KurtBlaine4Ever

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,155 posts
I think it will remain in the 2.0=3;0 range 6-7 mill. The guest stars might help it go higher or a lead in like idol last year. Its also summer and i think Glee was down last summer too.

SevenStars

SevenStars

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts
I think one of the reasons the rating is down is because of how the writers started after coming back from the weeks long break. I know people who were looking forward to new episodes and after they saw how the writers dealt with Quinn and everything else. They decided it wasn't worth it to see the rest of the season and I can't blame them because I was tempted to do the same thing. I didn't enjoy last night's songs but I like the story-line. I just hope it get better so that Glee can finish in a high note.

And I think Next season might help with the rating depending on how the writers handle the kids graduating.

Darcy

Darcy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,296 posts
Ratings for almost all if not all shows go down after DST hits. Based on most other shows, Glee's ratings have not gone down as much as them so they are still not in bad shape at all. They are still #1 with teens and #1 in their hour in 18-34 demo (and this is up against the #1 scripted show in all of TV, NCIS which is also WAY DOWN from where it was). Also, last week there was a lot of moaning about Glee's ratings but they finished as the #18 show for the week in the key demo (and #4 in hour long scripted shows).

http://tvbythenumber...viewing/129412/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Other Shows: Arrow | The Tomorrow People | Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | The Originals | The 100 | Star-Crossed | Bates Motel | Glee | Devious Maids