• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

Gleek223

Gleek223

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,126 posts
The Edge of Glory is sung by Santana, Quinn, Mercedes, and Tina. The girl who saw the filming on Wednesday said Santana opens the song and Quinn sings third. She couldn't remember if Tina was the one who sang last or if it was Brittany. I'm guessing Mercedes sings second. She said the four gets equal solo parts.

That Don Guy

That Don Guy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts
"Starlight Express Recorded by Original Broadway Cast?" I must have imagined seeing the show in London before it ever opened on Broadway, then.

And if the Troubletones dancers are included in a number (and they do sing in TT numbers, even if it is only "background" parts, but then again, when was the last time Sugar had a solo?), why aren't they listed as being part of New Directions?

(Also notice: the program says "New Directions", not "The New Directions." Let's see who forgets this time.)

Panda Express

Panda Express

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,325 posts
Well Rachel has a solo so we know they´ll win.

ChrisGz

ChrisGz

It's How You make it Happen...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts
I personally can't stop replaying this:

it's so epic. Even though it's only 30 seconds, they are killing it.

McVol

McVol

From District 9 3/4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts
So I guess Quinn will be walking again for Nationals then. There are 7 girls in the video above.

Anyway, the song sounds good. Not being an original trash already makes it good.

londongirl

londongirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,863 posts

It was reported by someone on the audience, that Mercedes actually sings on EOG. It's a TT dancers + ND Girls (minus Lea) Number. :)

If the girls get their own number, then the boys should get their own number too. I hate this set up that they had at regionals with one number featuring random girls who are not even part of ND, giving the ND members the shaft, then have one song where just rachel is on stage with the ND girls joining her for five seconds, totally ignoring all the boys.

The TT random girls should not be on that stage (nobody watching would remember that stupid TT deal, or care about losing those random girls). ALL of the ND kids should be on that stage during ALL the numbers, irrespective of wether they sing or not. This is the last time we'll see many of them in a competition, and to then have a regionals set up where the whole of ND is only on stage for one song is awful.

Even my husband (a GA viewer) who doesn't know half the characters names was complaining about the ridiculousness of it. He was wondering who the hell those TT girls were (he couldn't even remember the TT's) and was confused as to why the boys weren't allowed on stage. As long as all the ND members are on stage during all the songs, then I don't care who sings. At least then it will feel like a group, plus this is the last competition for a lot of this kids as ND members.

Hillary Clinton

Hillary Clinton

Finchel Forever <3

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 38,690 posts
  • GFA '12: Biggest Shipper
  • GFA '13: Biggest Shipper
  • GFA '14: Best Writer
  • GFA '15: Best Writer/Roleplayer

So I guess Quinn will be walking again for Nationals then. There are 7 girls in the video above.

Anyway, the song sounds good. Not being an original trash already makes it good.

It's already taken down :(

If the girls get their own number, then the boys should get their own number too. I hate this set up that they had at regionals with one number featuring random girls who are not even part of ND, giving the ND members the shaft, then have one song where just rachel is on stage with the ND girls joining her for five seconds, totally ignoring all the boys.

The TT random girls should not be on that stage (nobody watching would remember that stupid TT deal, or care about losing those random girls). ALL of the ND kids should be on that stage during ALL the numbers, irrespective of wether they sing or not. This is the last time we'll see many of them in a competition, and to then have a regionals set up where the whole of ND is only on stage for one song is awful.

Even my husband (a GA viewer) who doesn't know half the characters names was complaining about the ridiculousness of it. He was wondering who the hell those TT girls were (he couldn't even remember the TT's) and was confused as to why the boys weren't allowed on stage. As long as all the ND members are on stage during all the songs, then I don't care who sings. At least then it will feel like a group, plus this is the last competition for a lot of this kids as ND members.

If the trouble tones get their own number I think the boys should get their own.

Tschandler

Tschandler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts
Paradise by the Dashboard light has to be the most racy competition song Glee has ever done. Probably the most overtly sexual song as well that is in the "formal settings" (the Choire room or competitions)

Matt Holck

Matt Holck

Advanced Member

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,800 posts
  • GFA '12: Most Original

I personally can't stop replaying this:

http://youtu.be/2QeYiVfMeQY

it's so epic. Even though it's only 30 seconds, they are killing it.

it's gone

"where is the wine?
the new wine dying on the vine "

Jim Morrison - An American Prayer (The poem).

explicite

Harker

Harker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

"Starlight Express Recorded by Original Broadway Cast?" I must have imagined seeing the show in London before it ever opened on Broadway, then.

If the show opened first in London, the London cast wouldn't be the "original Broadway cast" the first cast on Broadway would be, even though they were not the first company.

I guess it was too much to hope that "Edge of Glory" would be a group number (with Darren leading on some parts) or strictly the Funeral Four...

D.J

D.J

Aaaaaah

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,448 posts

The Edge of Glory is sung by Santana, Quinn, Mercedes, and Tina.

So Quinn is walking now?

KC_GLEEKER21

KC_GLEEKER21

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,538 posts
Paradise-By-the-Dashboard-Light (Nationals Edition) : http://bit.ly/KgmPEN

(Source : Tumblr)

Sam Evans

Sam Evans

counting to fifteen

• imgAdministrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 51,385 posts
  • GFA '12: Best Gay
  • GFA '13: Favorite Mod/Admin
  • GFA '14: Biggest Sam Stan
  • GFA '15: Most Perverted

Paradise-By-the-Dashboard-Light (Nationals Edition) : http://bit.ly/KgmPEN

(Source : Tumblr)

Sounds great!

Glorfindel

Glorfindel

Advanced Member

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,773 posts
  • GFA '12: Most (Glee) Knowledgeable
I wonder if Kurt and Puck will get a good solo moment at Nationals?
They have had close to zero at competitions so far, and you'd think that a kid that can impress a dean of the most prestigious musical theatre school in the country should get at least something after 3 years of swaying in the back ground.

Probably not. <_<

Regan

Regan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts

They have had close to zero at competitions so far, and you'd think that a kid that can impress a dean of the most prestigious musical theatre school in the country should get at least something after 3 years of swaying in the back ground.

Probably not. <_<

If they do, it'll probably be a short solo within the group number. There's not really time for more than that.

Of course, if the writers remember that there are two rounds in Nationals, they could just show the performance for the showcase for the top ten, and then tell us that [Insert Character] had a big solo in the unseen first round.

ShamelessHussy

ShamelessHussy

Advanced Member

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,988 posts
  • GFA '13: Most Profound

Probably not. <_<

I've read every spoiler linked here and I'm good about remembering them. Fans asked about Klaine at Nationals. It was said that Blaine had a little something that someone noticed. And Kurt and Blaine face one another for a moment at one point on stage. It was speculated that Blaine has a line, possibly the final one in PBtDL but I think it might be a dance move that caught someone's eye.

Now someone in the Kurt/Blaine LJ community says they read that Kurt gets to sing "a little tidbit, if you can call it that" but they didn't source it. And I expect they shoot the scene with the entire recorded song and then edit later so who knows what voices will actually remain besides Finchel.

Glorfindel

Glorfindel

Advanced Member

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,773 posts
  • GFA '12: Most (Glee) Knowledgeable
^Thanks for the info, although it is bad news.

I just can't with this. :angry:
Last year they said in canon that they couldn't go to Nationals without Kurt, but he never got to sing. Why was he necessary in New York then: to help the girls fix their hair?
All Kurt's got so far in ND is those 21/2 lines in ABC. Everyone else has done more, even Mike and Brittany, for Christ's sake.

I'm not just upset because it's my favorite character, but because in the narrative it makes absolutely no sense at all. Mr. Schue saw the NYADA audition and applauded Kurt. He has said multiple times that Kurt is as talented as Rachel, but besides that throw away comment about giving Kurt a solo at Sectionals last year, just before Kurt transferred to Dalton, Kurt has gotten nothing from him.

It's so stupid of RIB. If they didn't want him to sing at a competition they either should not have made him so talented that he gets praised and probably into NYADA, or they should have invented a story that Mr. Schue is a homophobe/effeminaphobe or doesn't no squat about how to use a countertenor.

It's really infuriating.

And I still hate the Troubletones deal.

Matt Holck

Matt Holck

Advanced Member

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,800 posts
  • GFA '12: Most Original
they need to give everyone a solo bit in Nationals

sorry, this isn't vintage

but is a good example for multiple bit solos

Act One Finale - Urinetown Baylor Theatre

That Don Guy

That Don Guy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts

If the show opened first in London, the London cast wouldn't be the "original Broadway cast" the first cast on Broadway would be, even though they were not the first company.

Understood - but my point was, presumably the West End cast recorded it first, so, unless the versions are different somehow, why would it be listed as being done by the second group to do it?

Then again, whoever wrote that program wasn't a very good proofreader - it also says that "It's All Coming Back to Me Now" was recorded by Celine Dione. (I would not be at all surprised if it was spelled that way intentionally as an easter egg for the freeze framers.)

Sara2009

Sara2009

Advanced Member

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,316 posts
  • GFA '15: Mod Spotlight

or they should have invented a story that Mr. Schue is a homophobe/effeminaphobe or doesn't no squat about how to use a countertenor.

The latter would've been good. The former would have made Will irredeemable to nearly everyone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users