Other Shows: Arrow . The Tomorrow People . Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. . The Originals . The 100 . Star-Crossed . Bates Motel . Devious Maids
Photo

Release: Prom Theme Revealed

• Please log in to reply
170 replies to this topic

CelestialMystic

CelestialMystic

be urself n don't listen to Kim Kardashian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts

Here

... that was a lot worse than I thought it would be. Like, A LOT. That was, in fact, awful. I thought it was going to be a joke, not utter terribleness on Brittany's part. They just really want us to not like her, do they?

Flaca Gonzales

Flaca Gonzales

This gay is the property of Romy.

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,325 posts
  • GFA '12: Funniest
  • GFA '13: Most Sarcastic
  • GFA '14: Biggest Kitty Stan
loved it! If only for Britt being a bitch!
also! "sheer genius"!

Quinn Fabray

Quinn Fabray

Good-bye, Cory.

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,003 posts
It was fine at first, but the hair gel comment went from funny to dumb in two seconds flat. Not really feeling HeMo's delivery here. (Blaine's shocked laugh was kind of amusing, though.)

Also, Quinntana. :wub:

Sam Evans

Sam Evans

hold me, niall

• imgAdministrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 45,262 posts
  • GFA '12: Best Gay
  • GFA '13: Favorite Mod/Admin
  • GFA '14: Biggest Sam Stan
Wow. I cannot believe that Brittany used to be one of my favorite characters.

Guest_Stephanie

Guest_Stephanie
  • Guests

Wow. I cannot believe that Brittany used to be one of my favorite characters.

I miss when she was actually funny. Like two years ago.

Brit+Hats=OTP

Brit+Hats=OTP

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
OP; I don't see what was so terrible nor unlikeable about it. It is a meta jab at the hair gel. It is not meant to be exactly taken seriously.

Lol at being inspired by Joe the cavewoman and the whole upper paleolithic stone age thing.

The Grinch

The Grinch

Advanced Member

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,706 posts
  • GFA '13: Most Articulate
Meh... I don't think Brittany was that terrible. We've seen her behave like that with Rachel before (yeah, in Season 1, when no one liked her, but still).

I loved Blaine cracking up, LOL.

At least now people will stop saying that everyone worships the ground Blaine walks on, even though Santana (plus Mercedes and Finn, in the earlier episodes) is not very fond of him.

CaptainCanada

CaptainCanada

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,323 posts
Ryan is the only writer on this show who gets Brittany at all.

Crazyjan

Crazyjan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,629 posts
Quinn and Santana should not be allowed to count ballots. They are both running and it isn't fair to the other candidate(s). And I didn't find Heather to be funny at all in the scene.

Toast

Toast

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 623 posts
You can't be in the Unholy Trinity if you're not a bitch.

jaymcb

jaymcb

"Now they are all looking for a Lea Michele type"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,937 posts
  • From the Top: Member Since 2009
Wow Heather's line reading is just not good.

And Brittany's random out there ideas are getting old.

Cathy Hiatt

Cathy Hiatt

Mrs. Jamie Wellerstein

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,035 posts
  • GFA '13: Most Positive
  • GFA '14: Biggest Tina Stan
i thought it was hilarious. "and i don't like the way you look "i don't know why but that killed me. i think this episode is going to be great

Brit+Hats=OTP

Brit+Hats=OTP

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Ryan is the only writer on this show who gets Brittany at all.

I agree. Never thought I would miss that guy but ahhh bless.

People tend to forget that Brittany was never really "sweet" and "innocent" all around. Brittany was always a mean girl cheerleader from the start. The dumb blond was added (Heather has said this herself) later on in season 1. Even after that she has made a fair share of remarks. So it is not OOC for her to make snide or 'brutally honest' comments. Same as it wasn't in 2x13 or earlier this season. Don't under why the pitchforks. Blaine acting anxious when they arrive at prom at the prospect of not having gel in his hair should show that it is not meant to be taken seriously. I thought the whole thing would be much worse, but can clearly feel Ryan's touch here as it mixes her being actually correct regarding some things, together with some measure of ridiculousness.

quibily

quibily

Nostalgic Glee Fan & Professional Evelyn Carnahan wannabe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,330 posts
No hair gel should also mean Finn can't have his fin at prom, when we know he does. CHEAT!

SullivanBurtka

SullivanBurtka

Advanced Member

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
I hate when Glee puts in these stupid random comments from characters, like all of a sudden Brittany hates Blaine's look?? And like Blaine is the only person in McKinely to wear hair gel?? And wasn't it like LAST week episode that Mike asked Blaine for tips on how to apply hair gel casue Tina wanted him to wear it for prom??

so so so stupid Glee please can you seriously remember what you write in scripts week to week casue your fans do and it kind of pisses us off that you don't seem to care what u have characters say one minute to the next!!!

Cassie July

Cassie July

HBIC

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,949 posts
I wonder if Santana's blind love for Brittany and disposition to look aside when she does wrong or stupid is a wink to what RIB thinks of the Brittana fandom... "doesn't matter how bad and out of character we made them act, or how terrible things we made them do... they will still love them and think they're so cute. And if we make them kiss, they might think the episode was sheer genius!!".

jaymcb

jaymcb

"Now they are all looking for a Lea Michele type"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,937 posts
  • From the Top: Member Since 2009
I didn't mine that Brittany was a bit "bitchy", I mine that it/she wasn't funny in materiel or delivery.

Cassie July

Cassie July

HBIC

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,949 posts
I don't like Blaine's look either. He combs his hair like my grandpa used to when he was alive and had hair. And he died before I was born.*

...anyway, I don't like how everybody is just fine after Rachel's hopes and dreams were destroyed last episode, even Rachel herself. This is the kind of continuity that glee lacks. She was devastated and now she's going to Prom like nothing? They better explain, and I hope it's not something like having a b-plan because then, the whole drama caused by the failed audition is pointless.

_ _ _
*He also dressed like my granpa when he was a kid... back in 1920's...

The Grinch

The Grinch

Advanced Member

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,706 posts
  • GFA '13: Most Articulate
Brittany was never a sweet girl. All the cheerleaders on Glee seem to be a bit rude/bitchy. Even Becky became less adorable :P

Cathy Hiatt

Cathy Hiatt

Mrs. Jamie Wellerstein

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,035 posts
  • GFA '13: Most Positive
  • GFA '14: Biggest Tina Stan

I hate when Glee puts in these stupid random comments from characters, like all of a sudden Brittany hates Blaine's look?? And like Blaine is the only person in McKinely to wear hair gel?? And wasn't it like LAST week episode that Mike asked Blaine for tips on how to apply hair gel casue Tina wanted him to wear it for prom??

so so so stupid Glee please can you seriously remember what you write in scripts week to week casue your fans do and it kind of pisses us off that you don't seem to care what u have characters say one minute to the next!!!

I'm guessing the random mike asks blaine for hair gel tips scene was set up for this hair gel ban in this episode. (note mike's face at the end as he processes the news, realizing he can't do his hair how tina wanted him to do it.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Other Shows: Arrow | The Tomorrow People | Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | The Originals | The 100 | Star-Crossed | Bates Motel | Glee | Devious Maids