• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

Mr_GaGa_

Mr_GaGa_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,763 posts
Okay, Paradise by the Dashboard Light is really short. Is this an episode cut or really the full version?

gleek_94

gleek_94

Advanced Member

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,152 posts
  • GFA '15: Mod Spotlight
I can't wait for the choreography of both edge of glory and paradise by dashboard lights. From the promo, it looks a treat. Hopefully we can get a Nationals performance of either of those 2 in the next few days.

Moni

Moni

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,654 posts
So in this episode are 6 songs? Or is a song missing on gleethemusic.com?

Stiles Stilinski

Stiles Stilinski

You are a beautiful idiot

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,058 posts
  • GFA '12: Friendliest

Do I hear Dianna and Jenna singing a verse together again in Tongue Tied :)? Can anyone else hear them?

Yeah, I heard them doing a harmony too. :P

Mr_GaGa_

Mr_GaGa_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,763 posts

So in this episode are 6 songs? Or is a song missing on gleethemusic.com?

Starships isn't up yet at gleethemusic.com

DETtor09

DETtor09

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,530 posts

Yeah, I heard them doing a harmony too. :P

I have no idea if it's Dianna (some are saying it's Naya), but it's definitely Lea, not Jenna.

KC_GLEEKER21

KC_GLEEKER21

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,538 posts

http://fyeahgleeclub...ee-cast-version

Starships on tumblr.

I just picture a ND's led by Kevin, Jenna, Lindsay, and Alex. NOW that is a monster right there.

I can't picture Tina leading anything tbqh but I do see Blaine & Artie along with Harmony being the mains leads of ND .

Stiles Stilinski

Stiles Stilinski

You are a beautiful idiot

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,058 posts
  • GFA '12: Friendliest

I have no idea if it's Dianna (some are saying it's Naya), but it's definitely Lea, not Jenna.

Hmm.. alright. Well, I'm bad with distinguishing people in harmonies anyway, so.. :P

Starships is not as great as Pinball Wizard. I blame it on the song though. Alex sounds good on the material he was given.

CaptainCanada

CaptainCanada

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,330 posts

Unique can be in ND's next season, amazing job by Alex holy shit.

He can't act for shit, so having him show up only for VA performances is a much better way to do things.

It's Rachel and Quinn on the harmony, with Artie, Santana and Finn also singing.

14istheluckynumber

14istheluckynumber

Haven't you heard? I'm the crazy bitch around here.

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,737 posts
  • GFA '12: Most Sarcastic
'it's all coming back to me' is all i've dreamed of and more. holy fuck it's srsly so good. beats all rachel berry solos, hell all solos, this season by a mile. gaaaah

'paradise by the dashboard ligt' has always been one of my favourites and the glee version disappointed me. they cut it down a lot and as someone who's familair with the original it's really jarring and awkward sounding. plus chris randomly singing in his higher register was awful. cory and lea sound great tho. surprised with cory tbh. but i'm sure the performance will be great.

'tongue tied' is good and cute, nothing more. cory and lea for sure but there's a anther girl(s) i can't identify and a guy? i think i hear naya.

and dayum i'm so happy alex continues to smash it. didn't watch a single episode but i remember all the TGP fans hated him so much which made me root for him obvs so i'm happy at the reaction to his appearance on the show which has by far been the best. he should just sing all his lines.

Outcast

Outcast

bitch never left but I'm back at it

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,242 posts
  • GFA '13: Best Writer
  • GFA '14: Biggest Mercedes Stan

He can't act for shit, so having him show up only for VA performances is a much better way to do things.

There are a couple of bad actors in New Directions this year, I don't see a problem ;) He definitely makes up for it with his voice IMO.

General Schuester

General Schuester

Captain of Team Will

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 30,480 posts

POPULAR

I can't picture Tina leading anything tbqh but I do see Blaine & Artie along with Harmony being the mains leads of ND .

... she sure as hell led that Celine Dion song she sang, :lol:.

Crazyjan

Crazyjan

Life is a Journey, and Love makes that journey worthwhile

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,604 posts
  • GFA '15: Mod Spotlight
Paradise By the Dashboard Light :wub: I really love it. It sounds fantastic.
It's All Coming Back to Me Now :wub: Love how Lea sounds here. Really awesome.

Tongue Tied is growing on me.

This is a really strong setlist. So much better than Regionals.

Love Alex's voice. Liked Pinball Wizard. Didn't like Starships.

Mr_GaGa_

Mr_GaGa_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,763 posts
Urgh, if only Paradise by the Dashboard Light was the full song (or at least the 5.30 radio edit). This 4 minute cut is just way too short. You cannot just cut parts out of this song. That kills. Loving the rest of it though. Amber's belt at the end is just: :wub:

KC_GLEEKER21

KC_GLEEKER21

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,538 posts

... she sure as hell led that Celine Dion song she sang, :lol:.

Yeah, but she was Rachel Berry in her dream sequence . I know Tina can sing but doesn't mean she should be the female lead (if any next season) of ND .

CaptainCanada

CaptainCanada

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,330 posts
"Tongue Tied" is the sort of fun group number I thought the finale would be full of.

"It's All Coming Back To Me Now" is epic.

Glorfindel

Glorfindel

Advanced Member

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,773 posts
  • GFA '12: Most (Glee) Knowledgeable
I like this episode's music. ND has a strong setlist. So much better than Regionals. :)

Jim Steinman is one of my favorite composers/writers and his songs are quite difficult to sing. There is always so much drama and energy in his songs, and something I can only describe as "looking at the dark but vulnerable side of being human".
I love me some drama. ^_^

ND:
Paradise By The Dashboard Light - The very beginning is a bit weird, imo, but it quickly picks up energy and I really, really like it. It's a bit short, but the whole 8 minutes would have been a little too long for Glee. :lol:
It's strange not to hear Meatloaf singing this song, but the Glee version is very good!

It's All Coming Back To Me Now - Lea is great. There is a good build-up and drama in it, which is what this song needs.
Yes, I love it: one of her best. :wub:

Tongue Tied - I like it, but it's not my kind of music. Still: great group number !!!

With 'Edge of Glory' and especially 'We Are The Champions' added to the set list the New Directions deserve to win.

VA:
Star Ships & Pinball Wizard - Both great!!! Alex is a very good singer. Good energy, great vocals. I like 'Pinball Wizard' better, but that's only because I like that song itself more than 'Star Ships'.

KC_GLEEKER21

KC_GLEEKER21

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,538 posts
I'm obsessing over the song Edge of Glory and I really do hope ND singing We Are the Champions means they finally beat VA .

Gleek223

Gleek223

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,126 posts

I think that's Lea. I don't think Jenna sings on Tongue Tied.

So Rachel and Quinn finally get to sing together again even if its just a verse in a group song? It's about time!

It's Rachel and Quinn on the harmony, with Artie, Santana and Finn also singing.

I've been waiting to hear Lea and Dianna sing something together again.

I agree that Alex is a much better singer than he is as an actor.

General Schuester

General Schuester

Captain of Team Will

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 30,480 posts

I'm obsessing over the song Edge of Glory and I really do hope ND singing We Are the Champions means they finally beat VA .

They win but We Are the Champions is a dedication to Will when he wins teacher of the year at the awards ceremony back at Mckinley.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users