The kids haven't.

Mercedes blamed him, and so did Quinn.

Gleek223

Gleek223

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,126 posts
So Mercedes makes a full recovery just in time to perform?

KurtBlaine4Ever

KurtBlaine4Ever

The show must go all over the place, or something.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,259 posts
I think they just pick the people who they think will sell it better, it doesn`t really depend on the character of the show. I don`t really care who sings as long as they win.

General Schuester

General Schuester

Captain of Team Will

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 30,480 posts

Maybe next year people will start blaming Will, now that Rachel has graduated and isn't there to blame any more.

Where the hell have you been the past two-three year? You have to be kidding me that people don't blame Will, he is the unnecessary Glee scapegoat.

jaymcb

jaymcb

"Now they are all looking for a Lea Michele type"

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 30,442 posts
  • From the Top: Member Since 2009

Where the hell have you been the past two-three year? You have to be kidding me that people don't blame Will, he is the unnecessary Glee scapegoat.

The kids really don't clam down. If they do it has been far and few between.

The fandom will blame Will for being a pervert just for talking to a student. But still I do wonder who will be to blame for things next year in glee club besides distribution of songs.

Maybe glee club will just be made up of the kids left and randoms.

Glorfindel

Glorfindel

Advanced Member

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,773 posts
  • GFA '12: Most (Glee) Knowledgeable

POPULAR

It is very unfortunate that Will gets the blame for every crap decission RIB makes when it comes to the solo distribution in ND. And Will also always gets the blame for not being prepared for a competition, only because RIB wants to put some suspense and drama into the competition episodes without telling us what songs ND will sing.
I'm one of the fans who has liked Will all 3 years. They have ruined his character many times but I still kinda like him. But I cannot get over some decissions he (in the name of RIB) made in show choir, not as a Gleek and certainly not as a professional musician/teacher myself.

The TT deal, although co-signed by Rachel (of all people), should not have happened, and it undermined any authority Will had left as a teacher. I can't believe there wasn't a revolt of the faithful ND members over that.
Not featuring at competitions an "as-talented-as-Rachel" NYADA finalist properly for a whole year (even though Will witnessed the praise Kurt got from Carmen Tibideaux himself), but heavily featuring a singer who has been called out in canon for not being the best singer nor dancer in ND (and I personally like Cory's voice), evaporated the last bit of tolerance I had for Mr. Schue's 'leadership'.

RIB can put in silly top 40 songs and favor some singers as much as they want, but they should have kept the competitions out of those politics. Would it be so terrible to have 2-3 episodes a year where who gets to sing what on 3 songs is decided by what makes the most sense in the narrative and music/show choir wise?
Glee was supposed to be about the struggle of the underdogs in a show choir, but that message/story got destroyed because of lazy writing and BTS shenanigans, and they destroyed Will's credibility along with it.

Spoiler

The Big Berry

The Big Berry

Bigger than before!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Spoiler

I'm afraid you'll have to puke.

Shame_innit

Shame_innit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Spoiler

May I suggest keeping a bucket handy?

Glorfindel

Glorfindel

Advanced Member

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,773 posts
Posted Image

McVol

McVol

From District 9 3/4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Will picks Quinn first? Tina can sing and dance better..

Unnecessary drama which no one will believe is a road block.

I don't think there would be any drama if you weren't kind enough to bring this up.

Well this video explains the lack of Mercedes at Nationals.

Grayson Ellis

Grayson Ellis

Dime Eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts

POPULAR

I can't wait to be rid of all this TroubleTones fuckery next season.

Stringfellow

Stringfellow

Alfie forgives but never forgets.

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,252 posts
  • GFA '13: Mod Spotlight
I don't know about anyone else but I think RIB understand the outrage that the Troubletones caused in the Regionals episode and are correcting it somewhat by adding Quinn and Tina to the routine -thus making the Troubletones a ND girls number (with extras).

The whole point of Troubletones was to create a spotlight for Santana and Mercedes to sing in the competition episodes. Narratively speaking both characters have complained many times to playing second fiddle to Rachel. And the producers -just like the rest of the season -wanted to highliight these singers voices at competition in their senior year. I don't like the idea of "extras" stealing the spotlight like everyone else -but I'm over getting upset because like it or not it fits the season-long narrative. And TBH, I do like seeing Quinn and Tina added to the mix because it takes a lot of the sting out of watching the Troubletones perform again.

This particular scene's sole purpose is to show us a quick and organic way to why Quinn and Tina get picked to perform in the Troubletones. I see it as a redirect to make TT more New Directions and I'm perfectly fine with that. And seriously, I don't understand all the Will hate on this one -he is only the instrument that the producers are using to put Tina and Quinn in TT. I see him being portrayed as the choir director, he is, on this decision -"My lead singer for one of my numbers is sick?! BAM, Quinn -you're in -BAM, Tina -you're in too". In two beats, Will has now transformed TT to more of a ND girls number. People can continue using whatever excuses they want to make about the existance of TT but I think the producers listened to the outrage about TT from the fans -and are at least attempting to make it better. I'm done with the criticism and am just going to enjoy the performance when it airs.

Cathy Hiatt

Cathy Hiatt

Mrs. Jamie Wellerstein

• GF Benefactor
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,421 posts
  • GFA '13: Most Positive
  • GFA '14: Biggest Tina Stan

POPULAR

I don't know about anyone else but I think RIB understand the outrage that the Troubletones caused in the Regionals episode and are correcting it somewhat by adding Quinn and Tina to the routine -thus making the Troubletones a ND girls number (with extras).

The whole point of Troubletones was to create a spotlight for Santana and Mercedes to sing in the competition episodes. Narratively speaking both characters have complained many times to playing second fiddle to Rachel. And the producers -just like the rest of the season -wanted to highliight these singers voices at competition in their senior year. I don't like the idea of "extras" stealing the spotlight like everyone else -but I'm over getting upset because like it or not it fits the season-long narrative. And TBH, I do like seeing Quinn and Tina added to the mix because it takes a lot of the sting out of watching the Troubletones perform again.

This particular scene's sole purpose is to show us a quick and organic way to why Quinn and Tina get picked to perform in the Troubletones. I see it as a redirect to make TT more New Directions and I'm perfectly fine with that. And seriously, I don't understand all the Will hate on this one -he is only the instrument that the producers are using to put Tina and Quinn in TT. I see him being portrayed as the choir director, he is, on this decision -"My lead singer for one of my numbers is sick?! BAM, Quinn -you're in -BAM, Tina -you're in too". In two beats, Will has now transformed TT to more of a ND girls number. People can continue using whatever excuses they want to make about the existance of TT but I think the producers listened to the outrage about TT from the fans -and are at least attempting to make it better. I'm done with the criticism and am just going to enjoy the performance when it airs.

Only problem with that is Santana got far more than Mercedes did and now they're making her the one to be sick. It would have been nice to see Santana be the one to get food poisoning, this is unfair to do to Mercedes over and over again. First Sectionals Season 1 she gets the solo, loses it becasue the other teams stole their setlist, season 2, Santana got her solo at a comp, Mercedes is still waiting, season 3, Mercedes is supposed to get to shine in the TTones but not only did Santana jack the group from her and get more focus at sectionals and regionals with the group, but she took over that whole subplot storyline. Mercedes became a secondary character in her own arc. And now this? it's ridiculous.

and don't even get me started on the whole tina doesn't get to do shit unless it's by default thing. I mean this episode is following one where she feels like she's in the shadows and under appreciated, you easily could have gotten her into the TTones group by having Santana and Mercedes be like "you know what, we know what that feels like, we've been that, that's the whole point of the Troubletones" and invite Tina into their group, it would be a lot more touching and sweet than this.

Glorfindel

Glorfindel

Advanced Member

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,773 posts

and don't even get me started on the whole tina doesn't get to do shit unless it's by default thing. I mean this episode is following one where she feels like she's in the shadows and under appreciated, you easily could have gotten her into the TTones group by having Santana and Mercedes be like "you know what, we know what that feels like, we've been that, that's the whole point of the Troubletones" and invite Tina into their group, it would be a lot more touching and sweet than this.

^This. That would have redeemed the TT deal and it would have meant some good character development for Santana and Mercedes. Just like Rachel they could have handed over the torch to Tina.

Merry

Merry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 903 posts
Apart from the unneeded drama and all that can I just say its nice to see the girls have a 'friendship' moment? We see bro-moments all the time (which I like) but for once we see it the other way around.

And now that I think of it do we ever have a moment where the guys are fighting over the spotlight? There was that one moment when Finn was trying to keep Blaine down in Mash Off but that wasn't because he wanted it for himself...he just had a thing against Blaine. I know we've seen Kurt try to out diva Rachel but have the other guys ever cared? Why always the girls?

Regan

Regan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts

POPULAR

I get the impression the TT are supposed to be somewhat separate from ND. Mercedes and Santana might have been angry if Will tried to insert other members into their songs under normal circumstances.

If that's the case, somebody needs to smack whoever came up with the idea of them continuing as a separate club within New Directions (not Quinn, the writer) with a rolled up newspaper.

If they are still the Troubletones, they should not have been allowed to progress to Regionals. The Troubletones were eliminated. New Directions won Sectionals and earned the right to progress to the next level. If they consider themselves members of New Directions, fine, but If they still see themselves as Troubletones, the competition season was over for their club when they lost Sectionals.

They shouldn't be allowed to eat their cake and have it too.

CaptainCanada

CaptainCanada

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,330 posts

Why always the girls?

Because the writers see the boys as bros and the girls and competitive bitches who'll tear each other to ribbons at the drop of a hat.

SevenStars

SevenStars

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,447 posts

Only problem with that is Santana got far more than Mercedes did and now they're making her the one to be sick. It would have been nice to see Santana be the one to get food poisoning, this is unfair to do to Mercedes over and over again. First Sectionals Season 1 she gets the solo, loses it becasue the other teams stole their setlist, season 2, Santana got her solo at a comp, Mercedes is still waiting, season 3, Mercedes is supposed to get to shine in the TTones but not only did Santana jack the group from her and get more focus at sectionals and regionals with the group, but she took over that whole subplot storyline. Mercedes became a secondary character in her own arc. And now this? it's ridiculous.

Yeah and the worst thing about Tina's part, is the fact that writers had her states that she just wanted a solo when kids were revealing what they were looking forward to and all Will did was laugh. I mean seriously he couldn't find time to have them compete against each other, so that the best one get the solo or duets in nationals.

This whole thing is stupid and this is why I don't like Will as the ND director and love Sue because while Will is not a bad person and sometimes good support system for some of the kids, he is horrible at being a director. I'm surprise Tina didn't revolt with Mercedes and Santana.

Because the writers see the boys as bros and the girls and competitive bitches who'll tear each other to ribbons at the drop of a hat.

That might be true because it seems to be what happen in most shows but I think the real reason is that Rachel unlike Finn does have a voice that could lead, therefore the girls fighting and losing against Rachel does somewhat make sense, if not always right. But Finn if most of the guys go against him, there is no way the writers can justified them losing to Finn in the singing or dancing department. Therefore the writers don't make it a competition and that way Finn can keep being the lead vocalist without it being unbelievable.

But it does again make Will look bad as a director because he doesn't give the lead vocalist to a guy who can keep up with Rachel but instead to a guy who is always struggling for the most part to keep up with Rachel.

jaymcb

jaymcb

"Now they are all looking for a Lea Michele type"

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 30,442 posts
  • From the Top: Member Since 2009

I don't think there would be any drama if you weren't kind enough to bring this up.

Well this video explains the lack of Mercedes at Nationals.

So who is too know what statement might or might not cause "drama"? Should everyone stop posting cause their post might cause drama... Is there drama radar somewhere to review your statement before hand?

Anyway I see a discussion which is what this place it for.

I didn't and still don't think questing putting Quinn in over Tina first is a controversial observation.

season 3, Mercedes is supposed to get to shine in the TTones but not only did Santana jack the group from her and get more focus at sectionals and regionals with the group, but she took over that whole subplot storyline. Mercedes became a secondary character in her own arc. And now this? it's ridiculous.

This is so true and why it bothers me that others still get blamed.

I see it as a redirect to make TT more New Directions and I'm perfectly fine with that. And seriously, I don't understand all the Will hate on this one

I didn't even see any Will hate. I only questioned why he would automatically say Quinn when Tina is the more obvious choice and better fit. What if he had not added Tina too. I am guessing some people would be offend by that.

If he said alright, Quinn and Tina you join this number and we'll layer the vocals. Brittany. Santana lets start them on the dance moves asap.

Yes it is a small thing but lets not act like we don't over analyze a lot of small things.

The writers have screwed over nearly all of the them and the more screen time they get the more screwed the character is..

Shame_innit

Shame_innit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

I don't know about that, I think it's more down to the way the characters are - most of the girls on the show are strong minded and ambitious, which will obviously lend itself to competition between. Whereas for the most part the boys seem to be more willing to concede to whatever decision is made about singing leads.

The girls have been given bonding moments but they tend to be in pairs - Rachel/Mercedes, Rachel/Quinn, Quinn/Santana etc. The boys have them in groups, and where some of them don't even speak but we're supposed to believe that they're all best 'bros' afterwards. Pfft.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users