JeSsKa

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 31,251 posts
  • GFA '12: Most Original
  • GFA '13: Craziest

POPULAR

In the case of Lindsay, I don't think it was sexism at all, he just didn't like her because she didn't have that special snowflake quirk the three guys had, she was just GOOD, and that's not enough for him. It especially holds true now since the boys all have their own thing (Irish, Christian, transgender) and Harmony didn't get that. It's basically just Ryan Murphy not being to able to do his job and create a character for a very talented girl. However, the fact that she was so well received by critics and the audience despite not doing much just shows his mistakes.

Speaking personally as a Lindsay stan, I can say I'm not fussed at all. Lindsay came in, sang two of my most favorite showtunes and made a good impression. Alex deserves it just as much. Anyways that's all in the past.

Cadiva

Cadiva

Smurfette

• GF Benefactor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,811 posts
  • GFA '14: Mod Spotlight

Speaking personally as a Lindsay stan, I can say I'm not fussed at all. Lindsay came in, sang two of my most favorite showtunes and made a good impression. Alex deserves it just as much. Anyways that's all in the past.

I'm liking and agreeing with this part, I think they both deserved a shot at Glee as they are both talented.

Chanandler Bong

Chanandler Bong

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,654 posts
I am really impressed by the VA cherography but I felt distracted by Uniques walking around. It felt out of place.

jooch

jooch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
I didnt like the performance, sure the choreography was amazing as always but unique was so out of place, it seemed like she was forced to perform and that she wasnt enjoying it at all.

As for alex/unique getting more storyline/spotlight than lindsay, i thought the same the first time unique appeared in SNG, lindsay had just like 3lines only and alex gets a whole storyline? That's unfair i know, but i think its because ryan is leaving an open door for lindsay to join the New Directions, like some of you say she doesnt have something characteristic other than being "rachel berry 2.0" which i hope she is when rachel moves to NY. As for alex, either they keep him as a VA lead or find a way to cram him into New Directions

Beck

Beck

distracting me

• GF Benefactor
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,613 posts
  • GFA '13: Best Username
im impressed even though i dont like nicki minaj :)

CoyoteBlue

CoyoteBlue

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

It especially holds true now since the boys all have their own thing (Irish, Christian, transgender) and Harmony didn't get that.

Harmony got the Rachel 2.0 Gerber-Baby gunning -for-ND-next-year thing. I found her character a lot more compelling than Alex's (and I won't compare it to the more integrated TGP ND members because obviously they're better developed by sheer volume).

Matt Holck

Matt Holck

Advanced Member

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,800 posts
  • GFA '12: Most Original
Alex kept it bright, kept it light, kept it gay

londongirl

londongirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,863 posts
The choreo is awesome, but Alex just didn't have any spark. Great vocals, but he just didn't shine. He actually looked indifferent and bored. This pales in comparison to his disco performance where he owned that stage. The jaw dropping dancing around him seemed to take the shine off him, if that makes sense. That split was amazing though.

lmddawson

lmddawson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
Very happy and cool. Thought Unique was standing in for Mercedes, until i realised it was VA :$

saarele

saarele

The Honey Badger

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,731 posts
It was awful

I weep for them

Merry

Merry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 903 posts
Yes Lyndsay probably should have won. We've hashed over the reasons why we think she wasn't over and over and the only explanation is somewhere deep in Ryan Murphy's head. She was too much like Lea...she was a girl and he picked the cute guys blah blah. I don't care at this point because I honestly don't think she's coming back. I will still follow what she's doing though.

I always thought Alex was talented but that's one of the drawbacks of watching TGP. We saw him being arrogant and manipulative and he just left a bad taste and yes we realize that might have been editing. (just like Damian and Samuel were shown to be team players and professional-which I think is one of the reasons Murphy felt justified in picking them) HOWEVER I think someone like Unique would be good on the show...even as a re-occuring character.

Hillary Clinton

Hillary Clinton

Finchel Forever <3

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 38,685 posts
  • GFA '12: Biggest Shipper
  • GFA '13: Biggest Shipper
  • GFA '14: Best Writer
  • GFA '15: Best Writer/Roleplayer
As much as I hate him, VA was much better during the Jesse days.

Imagination

Imagination

Stop procrastinating.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
Never liked the original, and the cover does nothing. The choreography was close to S1 but not there yet.

I'm just gonna sit here and wish RL high schoolers could do something half as good as this.

McVol

McVol

From District 9 3/4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts
Unique is amazing. Now we need Harmony/Unique face-off. Is it wrong that I wished ND lost at Sectionals so that Harmony's Unitards could face Sebastian's Warbler at Regionals and Unique's VA at National?

ccolvin222

ccolvin222

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts
Let's be real, they could've done this choreography for the main cast if they wanted to, but they didn't, why? Based on the dancers' fake assumptions that because they're actors, they can't dance or do choreography. But they all prove that's not the case, they CAN do that kinda of impressive choreography. And this show is supposed to be about the underdog, but who REALLY is rooting for the underdog here?

johnw

johnw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 778 posts

Nothing can be more lazy than Sunshine's choreo in "As Long As You're There" = Standing there with the mic. lol

i'm seriously trying to not watch videos from Props or Nationals... but i could tell Alex is slaying

Standing there with the mic was not Charice's fault. Blame Glee production. The lady can dance and sing at the same time. She's been doing it since age 12 and does it in her current tours.

Guest_Stephanie

Guest_Stephanie
  • Guests

Standing there with the mic was not Charice's fault. Blame Glee production. The lady can dance and sing at the same time. She's been doing it since age 12 and does it in her current tours.

That's why they said "Sunshine" and not "Charice". Sunshine clearly can't do anything impressive, they never showed us.

Kurtofksy

Kurtofksy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 476 posts

I didnt like the performance, sure the choreography was amazing as always but unique was so out of place, it seemed like she was forced to perform and that she wasnt enjoying it at all.

As for alex/unique getting more storyline/spotlight than lindsay, i thought the same the first time unique appeared in SNG, lindsay had just like 3lines only and alex gets a whole storyline? That's unfair i know, but i think its because ryan is leaving an open door for lindsay to join the New Directions, like some of you say she doesnt have something characteristic other than being "rachel berry 2.0" which i hope she is when rachel moves to NY. As for alex, either they keep him as a VA lead or find a way to cram him into New Directions

either wade is a bad performer which is highly unlikely with his performance in episode 16 OR the glee writers are making it justifiable for the ND win. Wade did have a story line that he was having trouble bringing out Unique.

IMHO the first song was mediocre because of Unique's performance but nice enough to top Rachel for MVP. and the way he sang it was catchy enough to elicit a couple of claps from me.

second song on the other hand was... bleh for me.

relax, they meant Sunshine. it was awe inspiring the way she sang it but necessary for VA to lose in nationals, replace cheyenne with jesse and put Wade in

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Vocal Adrenaline, Unique

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users