Photo

Is the setlist the right choice for Nationals?

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

DETtor09

DETtor09

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,530 posts

I just am in hysterics over them using Paradise by the Dashboard Light. SUCH an inappropriate song for high schoolers to be singing.

Maybe it's something that adults would consider to be inappropriate for high school kids, but It's actually quite perfect for teenagers. Perfect characterization.

snackies

snackies

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,946 posts

I have to say, as a total neutral, that I do find it hilarious how one group of fans can complain a specific character's being treated like crap and yet a different bunch think the same character has had too much focus. It's all down to perspective and preference.

As an objective observer, I wouldn't say Kurt's been treated as crap at all. He had the major focus of most of season two, there's been continuation of his story line and the coming out/gay issues in series three and he's in a committed, if not necessarily overly demonstrative, relationship which receives a fair amount of attention in both story and song.

pretty much.

jaque_the_ripper

jaque_the_ripper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
Oh, I thought this was a thread in which we could discuss the songs in the setlist. Apparently, it's not. I'm...I-I'm just gonna go away now...

iDennis

iDennis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Oh, I thought this was a thread in which we could discuss the songs in the setlist. Apparently, it's not. I'm...I-I'm just gonna go away now...

PREACH.

I don't enjoy Edge of Glory (Don't hate), because it's mainly for iTunes sales and I don't think the song fit with the plot like "Stronger" does in the On My Way episode.

Paradise by the Dashboard Light is inappropriate for teen, but gosh that rendition is awesome. [season one anyone?]

TT is boring now.
I prefer an "all-girl" group rather than Santana, Mercedes, Brittany with a bunch of unknown girls dancing in the background, although Tina and Quinn dances in the number (for once).

ap123

ap123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
I love the Rachel solos and honestly i believe she deserves them.. i love kurt as a character but his voice does annoy me .. i constantly yell at the tv for him to sing in a lower register.. I dont think that Kurt really should get top solos because i believe rachel nails it every time.. I was in chorus/show choir and rhythmix in highschool and the girl that got most of the solos was truly the best singer in the group.. she deserved those solos because she worked at it.. and their were other people that sang solos and sang just as beautifully but the many solos were given to that one girl simply because she amazed everyone.. and that is how i feel about rachel... everyone else has a great voice and are talented but they just dont have that drive or star quality that we see in Rachel.. she is the best whether people like it or not..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users