• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

happygleekgirl

happygleekgirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
He's a horrible, horrible actor. He doesn't seem like he would be a team player and more than anything, I would like to see Glee have a strong, R&B Black male on the show. That is definitely not Wade. (or Artie, although I love Artie's voice)

I have issues with RIB and their lack of good Black male characters on the show:
They got rid of Matt after giving him no lines and nothing to do.
Mercedes boyfriend was on for 2 seconds with little to no character development.
Azimio was funny but a bully and now he is gone.

What happened to the Black guy Kurt tried to set Mercedes up with in the tots episode? Can we have David from the Warblers?

No Wade. Please no.

Mariana

Mariana

you stuck up, half-witted, scrufy-looking nerf herder

• GF Benefactor
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,092 posts
  • GFA '13: Most Articulate
  • GFA '15: Funniest
I don't think his acting was THAT bad in this episode.

This is how I envision ND next year:

Artie
Tina
Blaine
Sam
Brittany
Joe
Sugar
Rory
Sebastian
Harmony
Wade
TGP winner (hopefully a girl)

General Schuester

General Schuester

Captain of Team Will

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 30,480 posts

I don't think his acting was THAT bad in this episode.

This is how I envision ND next year:

Artie
Tina

Blaine
Sam
Brittany
Joe
Sugar
Rory
Sebastian
Harmony
Wade

TGP winner (hopefully a girl)

I agree I liked his acting in the scene that he had before showtime.

ND's will be unstoppable.

Gleek1978

Gleek1978

Advanced Member

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,432 posts
  • GFA '15: Biggest Gleek
I don't want him anywhere near Glee next season, he has been ok in his 2 guest slots (which I was not looking forward to as I actively LOATHED him in The Glee Project) but when he said that line about transferring schools my heart sank at the thought of him in season 4! Surely the novelty has worn off, we have seen him screeching in a dress plenty of times and he doesn't offer anything else!

I would welcome all the other 3 Glee Project winners back though as I have liked them all on the show, but Alex can eff off!

GleekyTori

GleekyTori

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
I am against this so much. I just don't see him fitting with New Direcitons. Something about his character I just do not like. I'm hoping it wasjust a line. Nothing more, nothing less.

prettynpurple11

prettynpurple11

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts
Love Wade, I hope he comes back

Cadiva

Cadiva

Smurfette

• GF Benefactor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,811 posts
  • GFA '14: Mod Spotlight
It makes more sense for me to keep him as VA's main lead and then the guys from ND know they are going to be facing stiff competition for next series from the get go. While I can see why kids would want to transfer to WMHS to join New Directions, I don't want to see the same bunch of faces we've had this year.
Bring me new people, from the 2nd Glee Project if that's how they want to play it, but I don't want to see any more other than Rory and Joe, who are already in ND.

maximumrisk

maximumrisk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
I only know Wade from Glee itself and so far he seems to be pulling it off quite nicely. I dont know if he is really a Transvestite, but his Unique is just awesome. ND really dissapointed me in Nationals, but Wade saved the Episode for me.

iDennis

iDennis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts
Although I don't plan to continue watching the show after the third season,
Wade/Unique's character is really uncalled for, especially if he/she is transferring to McKinley.
Both the actor and the character are a huge mess to deal with in the aspect of personality.

Watching VA lose again is a good sign because they are singing Starships (stop with the pop songs, writers, I know you're here) and a unsatisfactory rendition of Pinball Wizard. Aaaand there's Alex, he can't act.

He's enough for getting 2 episodes on Glee. That's enough for him.
I don't support The Glee Project, because it's a freaking reality show. RIB wanted to milk the series till the nether.
If things still going like that I don't see Glee is going far. They might even get cancelled after the 4th season, or just ended up getting less viewers each episode and dies in the oblivion, silently.

I don't see making the show returning to it's roots are hard, just make it like the first season. Small group of people, easy to handle, well-arranged, well balanced between comedy and drama, and amazing storyline. That's it.

I'm off-topic. So I'm going to shut up now.

Regan

Regan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts

I am against this so much. I just don't see him fitting with New Direcitons. Something about his character I just do not like. I'm hoping it wasjust a line. Nothing more, nothing less.

It may have been something they threw out there - like Harmony's line about being a sophomore - to gauge the reaction to the prospect of him being around next year.

jaymcb

jaymcb

"Now they are all looking for a Lea Michele type"

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 30,584 posts
  • From the Top: Member Since 2009
Unique won't be so unqiue after about one more episode.

While acting as Unique he was better but as Wade is was horrible.

I also cringe at the way glee would handle him.

That list of potential glee clubbers does not have one real strong actor on it. 3/4 of the 11 mentioned are ok, after that they are either bad or hit and miss.

I think some of the glee clubbers will have to be random just some kids who don't do anything but make up the 12 spots.

Regan

Regan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts

I think some of the glee clubbers will have to be random just some kids who don't do anything but make up the 12 spots.

I'd say that's essential, especially if they're following some of the graduating characters.

I'd go with Tina, Artie, Blaine, Sam (assuming he's not graduating), Brittany, Rory, Sugar, Harmony and four background ND characters.

Emily Stark

Emily Stark

barely legal

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts
Please no...I liked him in Saturday Night Glee-ver..but not in Nationals anymore..he doesn't act that well..the vocals was good, but I don't see him fitting in the ND..he better stay in VA..and also, him dressing as a woman in every competition will definitely be boring..

Plus, if he joins the New Directions, this will mean less solos and exposure to the male members and even female members, since this Wade can sing girl songs too...

Beck

Beck

distracting me

• GF Benefactor
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,626 posts
  • GFA '13: Best Username
I like him where he is. He can just show up at a competition or something. He isnt the best actor (definitely not better than samuel, damian, or LINDSAY WHO THEY SHOULD BRING BACK *ehem rant over*) His Nationals numbers were dissapointing which isnt his fault it was the songs but still. I also dont think his storyline would be well handled

Gleek1978

Gleek1978

Advanced Member

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,432 posts
  • GFA '15: Biggest Gleek
I was bored during the 2 VA nationals performances, it was way too much Unique for me. Plus there was no charisma in the performance, he/she just strutted round looking as bored at times as I felt!

Cathy Hiatt

Cathy Hiatt

Mrs. Jamie Wellerstein

• GF Benefactor
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,421 posts
  • GFA '13: Most Positive
  • GFA '14: Biggest Tina Stan
The fact of the matter is, Unique has become a novelty character, and very quickly so. It will get SO old, SO fast if we get her in every/every other episode. It works when VA is molding themselves around her, but there is no way in hell ND will do that, it just won't work. They might have their soloists, but they have group numbers too and I cannot see Unique working in any kind of group number, I just can't.

Cordelia Chase

Cordelia Chase

I am the nastiest girl in Sunnydale history.

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,363 posts
  • GFA '14: Biggest Kurt Stan
DNW Unique in ND. Alex is not a strong actor at all and I really cannot picture him fiitting in with the rest of ND especially when he is used to being the lead.

Cadiva

Cadiva

Smurfette

• GF Benefactor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,811 posts
  • GFA '14: Mod Spotlight

The fact of the matter is, Unique has become a novelty character, and very quickly so. It will get SO old, SO fast if we get her in every/every other episode. It works when VA is molding themselves around her, but there is no way in hell ND will do that, it just won't work. They might have their soloists, but they have group numbers too and I cannot see Unique working in any kind of group number, I just can't.

I agree, which is a shame as I think they really could have gone somewhere with the character, especially as it was Alex's own instigation that he enjoyed performing as Unique. It would be interesting if they'd shown any indication he was happier all the time in the Unique persona and that could be an interesting storyline for the show to follow but I doubt it. But having him only changing to Unique for performances would just be tiring I think.

Tsukasa

Tsukasa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
Oh God no, no more Divas.

iDennis

iDennis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts

DNW Unique in ND. Alex is not a strong actor at all and I really cannot picture him fiitting in with the rest of ND especially when he is used to being the lead.

So that is why I refused to watch the next season.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users