Photo

Seeds planted for Season 4 in the 2 hour episode...

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

General Schuester

General Schuester

Captain of Team Will

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 30,480 posts
Lots of S4 foreshadowing happened within the 2 hour event...

Tina will lead ND's next season
Unique was hinted at transferring to Mckinley
Finn and Rachel may elope before season 3 ends but we shall see about that. The continuos callbacks throughout the episode was insane.
Emma will be pregnant next season. Maybe that is another reason why its a November wedding because the writers already have the plan for Will and Emma in May and another reunion episode.
Maybe this is just me, but I REALLY get the feeling that they will make Sue and Beiste a lesbian couple, but again maybe that is just me.

Once again they continue to remind us episode in and episode out that Finchel will be getting married and Wemma will have a baby. They have brought the Wemma foreshadowing to a conclusion since now they have finally had sex it's only a matter of time(most likely off screen) that Emma will get pregnant. Since they have brought that foreshadowing full circle I fully expect by the end of the finale we will find out what is REALLY going on with Finchel's engagement/wedding if its happening this season.

Of course there will be way more seeds planted hopefully in the finale.

What about everyone else, what did you guys catch?

Alec Lightwood

Alec Lightwood

Advanced Member

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,293 posts
  • GFA '12: Biggest Character Stan
  • GFA '14: Biggest Blaine Stan

POPULAR

Is this where I make a joke about Will's seed being planted inside Emma?

General Schuester

General Schuester

Captain of Team Will

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 30,480 posts

Is this where I make a joke about Will's seed being planted inside Emma?

Classic man, I was totally waiting for someone to do that. :lol:

No but in all seriousness the foreshadowing for season 4 was really in your face.

Moni

Moni

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,654 posts

Maybe this is just me, but I REALLY get the feeling that they will make Sue and Beiste a lesbian couple, but again maybe that is just me.

No, I really don't think this will happen. Beiste said clearly in 3x05, that she likes guys. She also looks like a prime example of a stereotypically manly lesbian and obviously Glee wants to show, that not all manly looking women are lesbians.

We know that Sue had numerous male lovers, but haven't heard of any females ones. Sue is also not a teenager anymore like Santana, who may not have figured out her sexuality yet.

So I think both are heterosexual.

General Schuester

General Schuester

Captain of Team Will

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 30,480 posts
Callie from Grey's Anatomy liked guys as well. Then she turned out gay. It can take adults a long time to figure out these things, just as much as teens.

Moni

Moni

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,654 posts

Callie from Grey's Anatomy liked guys as well. Then she turned out gay. It can take adults a long time to figure out these things, just as much as teens.

But it happens far less often, that a woman in her 40s or 50s isn't sure about her sexuality.

And I saw nothing romantic between Sue and Beiste in Glee so far. Sue was simply supporting Beiste as a friend.

CaptainCanada

CaptainCanada

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,330 posts
There's also that the writers of this show aren't interested in lesbian relationships.

KC_GLEEKER21

KC_GLEEKER21

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,538 posts

There's also that the writers of this show aren't interested in lesbian relationships.

You're kidding right didn't Brittana kiss in the Nationals episode :wacko:

Sam Evans

Sam Evans

counting to fifteen

• imgAdministrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 51,455 posts
  • GFA '12: Best Gay
  • GFA '13: Favorite Mod/Admin
  • GFA '14: Biggest Sam Stan
  • GFA '15: Most Perverted
I think seeds were also planted that we could see Jesse pop up at NYADA next year.

Did not catch any Sue/Beiste vibes at all.

Emily Stark

Emily Stark

barely legal

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts
I can see Jesse St. James in Season 4..maybe not as a regular, only as a guest star..the fact that Carmen recognized him and remembered his audition makes me guess that someday he will have another shot at NYADA..is that a stupid idea?

Rachel Berry

Rachel Berry

Rise, shine and have a cup of coffee with me!

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 35,470 posts
  • GFA '12: Most Articulate
  • GFA '13: Smartest
  • GFA '14: Best Debater
  • GFA '15: Best Debater

Finn and Rachel may elope before season 3 ends but we shall see about that. The continuos callbacks throughout the episode was insane.

I didn't get this. They are talking about a traditional wedding, not eloping. We know it's unlikely to happen, so they must provide an explanation for this in the finale episode.

Actually, I thought Rachel's facial reaction after giving her first autograph was foreshadowing in this regard. It brought up the issue of her true love again.

General Schuester

General Schuester

Captain of Team Will

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 30,480 posts

I think seeds were also planted that we could see Jesse pop up at NYADA next year.

I agree with that because surely Jesse getting 2nd place will cause him to get fired since they don't put up with 2nd place in VA and while Finn is assisting Will in ND's next season IF that happens Jesse can pursue NYC.

I didn't get this. They are talking about a traditional wedding, not eloping. We know it's unlikely to happen, so they must provide an explanation for this in the finale episode.

Actually, I thought Rachel's facial reaction after giving her first autograph was foreshadowing in this regard. It brought up the issue of her true love again.

I got the sense that they're ready to get married now, so I could see them eloping quickly before Rachel is off to NYC.

This and the Wemma baby have had callbacks for a long time. The wemma baby foreshadowing has come full circle, so I expect Finchel's to as well.

As for the expression I think it wasn't a sense of what her true passion is though I do think that is in part. I think it was also surreal for Rachel that after 3 years she has finally gotten the respect from her students.

Dude you have to be kidding me your couple kissed, like seriously?

Geez Klaine fans are sh*tting up a storm because they didn't even interact. Again though I don't care, my couple had sex, and she initiated it.

CaptainCanada

CaptainCanada

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,330 posts

You're kidding right didn't Brittana kiss in the Nationals episode :wacko:

Dude you have to be kidding me your couple kissed, like seriously?

Geez Klaine fans are sh*tting up a storm because they didn't even interact. Again though I don't care, my couple had sex, and she initiated it.

Because that makes up for a year's worth of alternating between occasional offensive stabs at storytelling and complete neglect most of the time? The kiss was cute and a nice surprise, don't get me wrong, but in the grand scheme of things it doesn't change anything about how this show has handled their characters and relationship this season.

Klaine fans should realize that their couple talked more in any number of episodes this year than Brittany and Santana have all season, that they've had private scenes whereas Brittany and Santana have none, their impending graduation issues were treated respectfully (indeed, handled at all), that their stories didn't the message that it's okay (indeed, helpful) to out gay girls, and that the writers can actually call them by their orientations (unlike with Brittany). They are correct that the writers haven't given them a proper kiss in a long while.

Rachel Berry

Rachel Berry

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 35,470 posts

I got the sense that they're ready to get married now, so I could see them eloping quickly before Rachel is off to NYC.

This and the Wemma baby have had callbacks for a long time. The wemma baby foreshadowing has come full circle, so I expect Finchel's to as well.

As for the expression I think it wasn't a sense of what her true passion is though I do think that is in part. I think it was also surreal for Rachel that after 3 years she has finally gotten the respect from her students.

Eloping would be anticlimactic after all the talks we've had about big wedding ceremonies. Letting them marry now would also vastly limit the narrative options the writers have in season 4, with nothing really gained.

I don't understand what you mean with the Wemma baby foreshadowing coming "full circle". It has been there all the time and it's a logical further progression of their storyline, unlike Finchel where the show earlier made a huge point out of not wanting to let them marry.

Sam Evans

Sam Evans

counting to fifteen

• imgAdministrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 51,455 posts
  • GFA '12: Best Gay
  • GFA '13: Favorite Mod/Admin
  • GFA '14: Biggest Sam Stan
  • GFA '15: Most Perverted

Because that makes up for a year's worth of alternating between occasional offensive stabs at storytelling and complete neglect most of the time? The kiss was cute and a nice surprise, don't get me wrong, but in the grand scheme of things it doesn't change anything about how this show has handled their characters and relationship this season.

Klaine fans should realize that their couple talked more in any number of episodes this year than Brittany and Santana have all season, that they've had private scenes whereas Brittany and Santana have none, their impending graduation issues were treated respectfully (indeed, handled at all), that their stories didn't the message that it's okay (indeed, helpful) to out gay girls, and that the writers can actually call them by their orientations (unlike with Brittany). They are correct that the writers haven't given them a proper kiss in a long while.

Posted Image

General Schuester

General Schuester

Captain of Team Will

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 30,480 posts

Eloping would be anticlimactic after all the talks we've had about big wedding ceremonies. Letting them marry now would also vastly limit the narrative options the writers have in season 4, with nothing really gained.

I don't understand what you mean with the Wemma baby foreshadowing coming "full circle". It has been there all the time and it's a logical further progression of their storyline, unlike Finchel where the show earlier made a huge point out of not wanting to let them marry.

So you think they may have Finchel long distance? I do see Finn assisting Will, I do agree with you there. Hmm wonder if Jesse going to NYC is going to cause a love triangle next year? I am not so sure because there was definite closure in that aspect but we did see Jesse's true colors in his scene with Carmen. He truly does love Rachel.

I mean its come full circle in the fact that the foreshadowing all year long and all the callbacks to them getting to this moment are complete.

In the premiere Will said he plans on starting a family, since then all season long there have been hints to this happening for Wemma. Even Emma stated she wants to have a baby. So it all met collimated into the events of tonight's episode.

Same thing with the Finchel wedding, consistently getting callbacks left and right, since episode 15. Even Finn buying things now for the wedding.

One way or another the Finchel engagement storyline much like the Wemma baby storyline will come to a head before the season is out IMO.

Rachel Berry

Rachel Berry

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 35,470 posts
The hints for the Wemma baby have often been indirect and subtle, whereas the references to the upcoming Finchel wedding are anything but subtle, rather have been sledgehammer-direct. Two completely different things. The latter is the show playing with an expectation they are not going to fulfill.

Besides, Finn and Rachel
Spoiler

General Schuester

General Schuester

Captain of Team Will

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 30,480 posts

The hints for the Wemma baby have often been indirect and subtle, whereas the references to the upcoming Finchel wedding are anything but subtle, rather have been sledgehammer-direct. Two completely different things. The latter is the show playing with an expectation they are not going to fulfill.

Besides, Finn and Rachel

Spoiler

I guess we have different definitions of subtle but The Spanish Teacher could not have been more hammering at you in the face that Will and Emma were going to have a baby IMO.

I have never listened to the song, what is it about? Also its the spoilers thread dude, no need to put spoiler tags. :)

Rachel Berry

Rachel Berry

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 35,470 posts

I have never listened to the song, what is it about? Also its the spoilers thread dude, no need to put spoiler tags. :)

Wrong. In a couple of days, this thread will be moved out of the spoilers section, but my spoiler refers to an episode that will not have aired then yet. People often forget this when talking in these episode threads. ;)

Merry

Merry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 903 posts
Another possible 'seed'-Somone mentioned in another thread that while the choir might be on 'top' at the moment next year they are going to go right back to being underdogs again.

Tina and Blaine will proably be the leads and they will do fine... but if the other characters stay look at what they will have to work with. Characters who can dance but not sing...characters who can sing but not dance...and only Tina and Artie (and maybe Britany-we'll see) will carry the common history of being there from the beginning.

Its going to be just like a sports team. The best players graduate and you have to start all over again. Does anyone honestly think that they could even win sectionals with the 'left over' group they will have next season? (assuming they all come back that is). They are nice enough kids and each talented in their own way but will that be enough?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users