37 replies to this topic

Darcy

Darcy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,216 posts
The DVR+7 just came out today for "Dance With Somebody"

It went from a 2.7 in the key demo to a 4.0 (a 48.1% change and an increase of 1.3 which was the 5th highest increase of all shows)

It was 6th in the largest average viewership increase - it went from 6.895 million viewers to 9.605 million viewers an increase of 2.710 viewers.

http://tvbythenumber...week-32/133956/

KurtBlaine4Ever

KurtBlaine4Ever

The show must go all over the place, or something.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,259 posts
I was hoping they would both be higher, but DVR shows people still watch. Even, if doesn`t matter in ads etc.

Blaine Anderson

Blaine Anderson

Ridiculous

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,576 posts
One thing's for sure: those 6-7 million of us watching talk about Glee a lot.

trendrr.tv

Posted Image

SocialGuide Intelligence with sports

Posted Image

SocialGuide Intelligence without sports

Posted Image

I'll add the "Dance With Somebody" data in a bit to its ratings thread. :)

harrypottergleeks

harrypottergleeks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts
To be honest, this may seem selfish, but i like it better when less people watch glee. I actually hated it when all the conformists watched it.

Lauren

Lauren

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Very disappointing :( It was an amazing episode.

It was. Sadly it was one of the few decent episodes of the year. The reat of the season has been SO BAD.

To be honest, this may seem selfish, but i like it better when less people watch glee. I actually hated it when all the conformists watched it.
[/qi

What? That's not only selfish, it's stuid. People don't watch Glee, Glee gets canceled and YOU don't get to watch it.

KurtBlaine4Ever

KurtBlaine4Ever

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,259 posts
its also summer. people are hot having fun. college parties,studying for finals. they don`t have time to watch glee. i wonder what the live 7s will be.

Chanandler Bong

Chanandler Bong

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,654 posts
I really am not all that fussed.

End the season, move on to next season. That is all that matters right now. Glee is going ahead next year so just finish the year with quality (and these last few weeks have been quality) let people watch their DVR version (which many are) and hope that people decide it is worth watching again next season.

sharkwave

sharkwave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
Let me say this again, advertisers don't care about "DVR" numbers. The "DVR" numbers are only used or bragged by the studios to pad their numbers for the press. Bigger is better. Get it?

There is no denying Glee is still very popular in the social media (internet), that is a blessing and a curse. Their core demographic are young usually tech savvy which means only one thing, widespread piracy of the episodes. Week after week numerous "Gleeks" on various forums will post and share LIVE streaming links for everyone. That 2.4 demo could easily be a 4.0 demo or another million or two that advertisers could count on. In this day and age there is nothing we can do about that. Glee needs for next season is to get those casual viewers back by getting good writing (long shot but hey why not?) and get rid of the long tired "romances" that keeps going on and on and on . . . . can the Glee club function without them screwing each other? Can we have storylines from the main cast that doesn't involve boyfriends/girlfriends? Is it really that difficult to stop the pandering for various vocal shippers? If RIB is satisfied with the current numbers by all means pander away and see more viewers leave.

From the look of things FOX is going for the syndication of the show. As long as they hold on to those advertising rates they might be alright. The digital music sales however is not alright. Even Rachel's songs are not hitting Top 10 anymore. If you look at the reviews the most common complaint is that the songs sound the same as the original ones. Why even bother? The most popular Glee songs are the ones that doesn't sound like someone is just singing a karaoke version.

sharkwave

sharkwave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
Last year the Nationals scored 11.80 million viewers 4.6/11 demo, this year 6.09 million viewers 2.5/8 demo.

Viewers down by 51.5%

18-49 demographic down by 54.3%

It would be nice if Gleeks would stop pirating/streaming the episode once and watch it live for the season finale.

Merry

Merry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 903 posts

From the look of things FOX is going for the syndication of the show.

There is going to be a Glee Marathon on the Oxygen Channel on May 19th if anyone cares.. Its promoting the Glee Project.

Blaine Anderson

Blaine Anderson

Ridiculous

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,576 posts

Last year the Nationals scored 11.80 million viewers 4.6/11 demo, this year 6.09 million viewers 2.5/8 demo.

Viewers down by 51.5%

It would be nice if Gleeks would stop pirating/streaming the episode once and watch it live for the season finale.

I watch live on my computer via a TV tuner card (best $30 I've ever spent), but I rewatch at least once during the week. I'm still not so sure whether TV tuners get counted with DVR or not.

I've been looking at overall ratings from this season and last. All broadcast TV ratings are down this season, not just Glee. There are many reasons why (increased DVR usage, online streaming, on-demand viewing, downloads, more cable content, etc.), but as long as Glee gets enough viewers, it's okay. The problem is that the ratings are a moving target. We can only make educated guesses as to what ratings will keep this show on the air, so having more information, no matter how insignificant it may seem, makes our predictions more accurate.

Plus, speculation can be fun. :)

Ineke

Ineke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Viewers down by 51.5%

Don't forget that many Gleeks aren't exactly able to view it live. I don't watch Glee here in The Netherlands, not only because I forget it's on, but also because I already saw the episode. I would watch it live if the timezones would work along, but getting up at 2am just to watch glee, and then not being able to sleep afterwards while I have to work... not working.

Anyway... Like they said... all ratings have gone down. People just don't watch that much tv anymore, if they can view it online with streaming...

mysticgirl916

mysticgirl916

Matthew Morrison Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,747 posts
  • From the Top: Member Since 2009
Next week's finale is probably going to get a boost due to it airing after Idol, who knows

Moni

Moni

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,654 posts

Viewers down by 51.5%

Only the people in the USA with Nielsen boxes really matter for the ratings. I hope those watch Glee live on TV and don't change the channel during commercials.

Gleek1978

Gleek1978

Advanced Member

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,426 posts
  • GFA '15: Biggest Gleek
So do we expect more to tune in for the finale to watch the cast graduate? I hope so but I'm not sure they will, if I gave up on a show and didn't watch for quite a few episodes I wouldn't suddenly tune in for a finale.

Natsky

Natsky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,365 posts
When is the finale on?? Is it on Tuesday or Thursday?? So freaking confused!

Also I am in Australia and I watch online because obviously it isn't on live here....However the last few times I have watched Glee all the live streams have gone down!

In any case I dunno why people are bitching and stuff. Glee is back next season and it also was up against 2 season finales in 2 very good shows!!! I love that people tend to forget the types of shows that it is going up against etc.

It still was ranked what for the night?? I also DVR Glee here in Australia but always turn on my TV so it is on the channel making it seem like I am watching it. Although these people don't look into EVERY tv that is turned on etc.....If they did that god knows what type of viewers we would have.

I can't compare National ratings to the Australian ones because we have nationals airing her next week...

KurtBlaine4Ever

KurtBlaine4Ever

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,259 posts
i hope we get a big jump with AI.

Blaine Anderson

Blaine Anderson

Ridiculous

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,576 posts
Live +7 Ratings:

Adults 18-49 Live +SD Ratings: 2.5
Adults 18-49 L+7 Ratings: 3.7
Post Airdate Increase (Absolute): 1.2
Rank (Absolute Gain): 2 [#1 was Modern Family with gain of 2.3]

Post Airdate Increase (%): 48%
Rank (% Gain): 13 [#1 was Grimm with gain of 69%]

Total Viewers: 6.088 million
Total Viewers L+7: 8.623 million
Post Airdate Increase (Absolute): 2.535 million
Post Airdate Increase (%): 42%
Rank (Average Viewership Increase): 10 [#1 was Modern Family with increase of 4.338 million views]

Well then.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users