Photo

Am I the only one who gets disturbed by..

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

CleveWalker

CleveWalker

You're so wanna be me.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
The appearance of Lindsay Lohan and Perez Hilton in a family show?

I mean.. I SAW what Lindsay Lohan played before in Machete.. :ph34r:
And Perez Hilton, simply because he's Perez Hilton (and the fact that he posts +18 nsfw in his blog occasionally-which-I-am-NOT-complaining. And the fact that he had a role in Another Gay Movie: __ Sequel)

So.. :mellow:

PerfectlyPuck

PerfectlyPuck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 818 posts
Not really. Lindsay Lohan has done some pretty family friendly stuff, like Freaky Friday and Herbie. So her being there isn't that disturbing. Perez Hilton is just disturbing in general...

jaymcb

jaymcb

"Now they are all looking for a Lea Michele type"

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 30,447 posts
  • From the Top: Member Since 2009
No not at ll.

It is PG14 and has always been for teens and up.

It is not for 8 year olds.

If you're excluding every actor who has done more risque material in their career you would have a short list of people who could work.

If I was going to argue why they shouldn't be on glee it wouldn't be due to their screen credits.

lila3900

lila3900

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts
I do see what you mean, since Lindsey Lohan has been a trainwreck for years. I actually thought the judge's scene seemed really forced and Glee stopted being creative a long time ago. I generally like Perez Hilton, but I think their best judges' scene was the one with Kathy Griffin and Loretta Divine in season 2. It was funny and well acted and better highlighted the issues on the show...but as we all know, Glee has become super lazy these days....that would have been too much work....I agree with you.

Guest_Stephanie

Guest_Stephanie
  • Guests
It's really not a "family show" and never has been.

venusthrow

venusthrow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
I thought they were great as guest judges. I agree Loretta devine and kathy griffin were the best. but I liked some of the bantering.

iDennis

iDennis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts
Although they are the most illegitimate judge panel ever (especially during a NATIONALS competition),
the scene is pretty well, except for Perez Hilton's acting. Gosh it's monotonic and cheesy.
Rex Lee and Linday Lohan are really good in delivering the lines in my opinion (but some of the people said Lindsay did a bad job in this).
I love how they snap on those weird white letters on the pictures and slap on an "EXCLUSIVE" with Perez's blog font in front of our screen.

The best judges are during the 2011 Original Song/Regionals 2011 competition where Loretta Devine, Bill A. Jones and Kathy Griffin.
(I can't believe I supported the 2nd season)
Simply because it's hilarious and witty. And the scene is one of the good scenes of 2nd season.

felixmui

felixmui

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts
There should not have been any judge at all .

They should have just handed The New Direction the damn trophy without making such a fuss 'bout why they won .

saarele

saarele

The Honey Badger

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,731 posts
I was disturbed for them being on the show but not for those reasons.

lightningpr0ductions

lightningpr0ductions

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts
Several of the main actors (Lea, Cory, Jon) have been nude on screen or stage, so.

Gleek1978

Gleek1978

Advanced Member

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,429 posts
  • GFA '15: Biggest Gleek
I'm disturbed by Perez Hilton full-stop, hes looking more strange and gaunt every time I see him. As for Lindsay I thought she was great, I really do want her to get her career back on track, shes a great actress who sadly got messed up by fame at a young age!

Dirrty

Dirrty

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

I'm disturbed by Perez Hilton full-stop, hes looking more strange and gaunt every time I see him. As for Lindsay I thought she was great, I really do want her to get her career back on track, shes a great actress who sadly got messed up by fame at a young age!

I agree with everything you say. :)

xolilash14xo

xolilash14xo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

I also agree with you! Lindsay was a great actress before she got all messed up in the head ie:Parent Trap, Freaky Friday, Herbie Fully Loaded etc.. I wish she just got her head screwed back on straight and started acting again.

Glee is and never was a family show; as many people have said before in this thread. I wasn't allowed to watch Glee until i was 14 (i did anyway B) ).An actor/actresses background should not exclude them from acting in a television show or movie IMO. When i watch a TV show or movie, i concentrate on what is going on in the scene and don't really care about a actor's backstory. Even though they weren't really playing a character and were supposed to be playing "themselves" I though the concept of Lindsay and Perez judging a show choir competition was hilarious because honestly, they probably would never be caught dead at one in real life.

I am 15 and personally i wasn't bothered or disturbed by their appearances in this episode. I actually though Perez and Lindsay were quite funny in the judging scene. Lindsay saying she wanted to spin around in a chair and scream"i want you!" at someone was really funny.

Panda Express

Panda Express

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,325 posts
Jonathan Groff showed his penis in a movie once, Lea used to get her breasts out 8 times a week on stage and Cory showed his bum should they not be allowed on a family friendly show too?

Olenna Tyrell

Olenna Tyrell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,020 posts

Jonathan Groff showed his penis in a movie once, Lea used to get her breasts out 8 times a week on stage and Cory showed his bum should they not be allowed on a family friendly show too?

and how many photo leaks have there been of Heather, plus she has done a topless photo-shot. Jon was also was showing his ass 8 times a week

nyadaguy312

nyadaguy312

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

I do see what you mean, since Lindsey Lohan has been a trainwreck for years. I actually thought the judge's scene seemed really forced and Glee stopted being creative a long time ago. I generally like Perez Hilton, but I think their best judges' scene was the one with Kathy Griffin and Loretta Divine in season 2. It was funny and well acted and better highlighted the issues on the show...but as we all know, Glee has become super lazy these days....that would have been too much work....I agree with you.

Kathy Griffin's dialogue in that scene was hilarious, especially the 'I didn't announce to the world that i was a loser, i twittered that Obama's a terrorist...'

Actually Original Song overall was very funny and totally awesome in my opinion...

Jugz da' Clown

Jugz da' Clown

Too legit to quit

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,982 posts
  • GFA '14: Best Username

This. I won't excuse Lindsay for her illegal behavior, but she is a really good comedic actress. It would be great if she could quit self-destructing and get her career back on track. I'm just suprised she chose to make a cameo on Glee after they made fun of her few times, but I guess she doesn't have a lot offers for work these days.

I don't care about Perez Hilton. He's talentless and obnoxious.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users