• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Tsukasa

Tsukasa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
Don't worry, I thought New Directions was better than Vocal Adrenaline. That isn't what I'm thinking about. There were two elements that really undermined the victory for me.

The first was the Three Stooges they had as judges. Yes, they historically had the celeb judges and completely random people judging. But they didn't do that for Nationals last season. Their big win was because Lohan gave the classic Loser speech of "they weren't the best, but they had good spirit". The reason Hilton wanted VA to win was identity politics. I think they were supposed to balance each other out, but the overly-enthusiastic guy they had in the middle just parroted the same "reasons" and I guess flipped a coin. This is what they've been working so hard for?

And they get back to Lima to have everyone celebrate for them. Maybe it was just me, but I thought the "they'll love us if we win just win Nationals" was meant to be a hopeful delusion. But even with things as they are, it just makes the school insanely fickle and their "support" and "acceptance" extremely shallow. The football hockey guys now accept them because they were declared the best at their gay/sissy competition? And they are just going to bask in that hollow praise?

This was a victory three years in the making, and it just felt superficial and arbitrary instead of victorious and fulfilling. I guess there is precedent with Rachel being Prom Queen...
  • NPC likes this

Olenna Tyrell

Olenna Tyrell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,022 posts
They don't know why they won, they just probably think the judges, gave them the win because they deserved it, so why should the feel a shame? Also are school would often times celebrate big wins like that, with pep rally's and what not. basically a win is a win, and they should feel good about that.

GleekyTori

GleekyTori

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
^ I agree. I don't see them questioning why or how they won. They did it, and that is all that matters.

As for the school celebrating, I thought that was great. We've had to watch them go through heck for three years and to finally win, I could totally see the whole school being involved in the 'welcome home'. Besides, they won the school money if nothing else lol I guess I really don't want to over think it because then it ruins the whole moment.

Regan

Regan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts
Based on the judges we've seen, there's no reason to believe that past Nationals judges were any more qualified than this year's trio, so their victory was as real as any victory in that competition is likely to be.

iDennis

iDennis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Based on the judges we've seen, there's no reason to believe that past Nationals judges were any more qualified than this year's trio, so their victory was as real as any victory in that competition is likely to be.

They didn't show last year's Regionals judges, if I'm not wrong.

Regan

Regan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts

They didn't show last year's Regionals judges, if I'm not wrong.

Yes, they did. Rod Remington, Sister Mary Constance and Tammy Jean Albertson.

MusicMan3889

MusicMan3889

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 629 posts
I'm just glad they won.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users