Other Shows: Arrow . The Tomorrow People . Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. . The Originals . The 100 . Star-Crossed . Bates Motel . Devious Maids
Photo

Puck&Quinn

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Lovefoxxx

Lovefoxxx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Was Quinn just trying to make Puck to pass the test or is she really in love with Puck?

I think they are a good couple and Puck is really more mature when he is with Quinn, but anyway I think the storyline was way too rushed in a typical Glee-way. I havent notice any flirt between Puck and Quinn earlier (unless you think sad "let's make new baby" scene). And what happened to Joe and Quinn? (not that I would be sad that they are not couple or something..)

ShamelessHussy

ShamelessHussy

Advanced Member

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,085 posts
  • GFA '13: Most Profound
Pure fanservice or Quinn was just helping Puck to pass the test. I really wish romantically, they had just left Quinn where she was at in Michael when she said goodbye to her past.

Didn't you notice Quinn was flirty and cuddly with Artie and Joe too but it was Rachel she gave a commuter pass to?

brisallie

brisallie

Advanced Member

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts
Rumors said that this sudden love from Quinn toward Puck was due to the reason they don't want to hire a new actor to play the new love interest of her. But what about Joe?

Still missing the mature and independent Quinn from Michael

AoiTsukikage

AoiTsukikage

believe that you're unstoppable

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,817 posts
Quick was my first Glee-ship and I think they played that scene very ambiguously; some people I've seen have said it was closure, others have said it seems like a beginning. Only time will tell, I suppose. I wouldn't mind if they got back together now that they're more mature and know each other a little better, but with both of them (likely) only appearing sporadically next year, I don't know if the show will devote any real time to their relationship, if they'll even have one.

Lynd

Lynd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,569 posts
I don't see much coming from it.She might have meant it in a friendship way if it wasn't just to get him to pass but we'd basically have to forget the last three seasons have happened to believe she actually has romantic feelings towards him.

Chanandler Bong

Chanandler Bong

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,587 posts
It isn't closure, it isn't friendship and it isn't a relationship.

It is purely leaving the door open to going there next season, should they want to.

If it were just a kiss and that is it, you'd be able to call it almost anything. But that "I love you" and Pucks monologue afterwards defiantly say feelings are actually involved.

londongirl

londongirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,854 posts
Quinn never loved Puck, Puck did love Quinn though. They do have a bond though through their past, most notably Beth and I think the two of them understand each other quite well. Hence Quinn knowing how Puck 'works'; that he'd regain his confidence and swagger from a little tonsil play with her. It probably also helped that Puck did love Quinn once upon a time (maybe even was his first love, something she probably knows, she's quite intuitive). This was more of a closure for them I feel. They seem fond of each other, but nothing more. This understanding they seem to have for one another was shown before with Puck noticing Quinn's crazy and in his way reaching out to her, and in Goodbye Quinn was the one noticing something was up with Puck and reached out to him in her way.

Chanandler Bong

Chanandler Bong

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,587 posts
"I'm here because I love you"

"the Puck I feel in love with had swagger"

"nobody deserves it more"

Quinn didn't just walk over kiss him and be finished with it. That would have been a way to do it just to boost confidence. Everything Quinn said went beyond that though. It doesn't mean they will get together next season. Glee like to drop stories the second they start them, but it was left open.

It is kind of canon that Quinn loved/loves him. Sure they had been vague with it before, but Goodbye confirmed that yes she loved him.

londongirl

londongirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,854 posts
I don't buy that Quinn loves Puck in a romantic way in the slightest. She never did in season one and two, and in season three she flat out said she had dated Finn, Puck and Sam and never loved any of them.

Her saying she loves Puck is not the same as being in love with him romantically. I think she's very fond of him, but that's that. Her saying 'no one deserves it more", of course she would say that, she does care about him after all. 'The Puck I fell in love with had swagger', that line could be her boosting Puck's ego by letting him think that she did love him. She knew he was feeling low and probably also knew he once loved her, so she would know that her telling him that she once loved him would be a good boost for him. Otherwise it is plain bad writing and pure fan pandering to Quick shippers, since Quinn has never once either shown or said that she loves him.

In season one she only slept with him because she was drunk and 'feeling fat that day' then completely blanked him, wanting Finn to be the father. When they got back together briefly it was more becuase she needed somewhere to stay and because of the baby than because she loved him. She wasn't at all bothered about Mercedes dating him, in season two Quinn just seemed annoyed with Puck, finding him immature. This season she used him to get Beth back and then point blank told Rachel in a heart to heart that she'd never loved him (or Finn and Sam for that matter). Despite this I think she cares about him and is fond of him beacuse they have shared so much history and from being in the same circle of friends also probably have been friends to a certain extent, especially since Quinn was dating Puck's best friend. But romantic love? I have never seen that from Quinn towards Puck. The only thing that comes close would be back in season one when they were baby sitting and she was testing him to see if he made a good dad. Then she decided to ditch that idea when he sexted Santana. But that whole thing I felt was more to make sure that the baby had a good father who would provide financially than about Quinn loving him.

Chanandler Bong

Chanandler Bong

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,587 posts
No she said "I even thought I loved some of them" not "I didn't love any of them".

Rachel told her right before Quinn told Puck she loves him that she always thought they'd end up together so it is rather clear that, that scene wasn't just "boosting his confidence".
If she were then that is incredibly harsh. There are ways to do that without telling a boy who loved/loves you that you loved/love him too.

Quinn had never accepted herself or her feelings completely. Now leaving school and reflecting on her life she has. Bad writing - accepting what she felt, whatever it is, it is there now and that is the way the writers decided to revive it.

Gleek223

Gleek223

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,794 posts

I don't buy that Quinn loves Puck in a romantic way in the slightest. She never did in season one and two, and in season three she flat out said she had dated Finn, Puck and Sam and never loved any of them.

No that's wrong. She said "I've dated Finn, Puck, Sam, even thought I loved some of them. But by the time the snow falls in New Haven next winter, I won't know why." Which was basically Quinn telling Rachel not to drag something from her past into her future or let something/someone get in the way of having her dreams come true.

Quinn never loved Puck, Puck did love Quinn though. They do have a bond though through their past, most notably Beth and I think the two of them understand each other quite well. Hence Quinn knowing how Puck 'works'; that he'd regain his confidence and swagger from a little tonsil play with her. It probably also helped that Puck did love Quinn once upon a time (maybe even was his first love, something she probably knows, she's quite intuitive). This was more of a closure for them I feel. They seem fond of each other, but nothing more. This understanding they seem to have for one another was shown before with Puck noticing Quinn's crazy and in his way reaching out to her, and in Goodbye Quinn was the one noticing something was up with Puck and reached out to him in her way.

I've never been a Quick shipper but I could tell it was clear it wasn't just about Quinn helping Puck get his confidence back. If it was there would be no need to have her say "I'm here because I love you" and "The Puck I fell in love with had swagger." The scene did pander to the Quick shippers. I also think if it was just about helping him pass the test there wouldn't have been any reason for Rachel to tell Quinn she thought her and Puck would end up together.

londongirl

londongirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,854 posts
Ok, I must have remembered that wrongly, I thought she said "I have dated finn, puck and sam though I never loved any of them." If the sentence is that she thought she loved some of them, my point still stands.

She thought she loved them or some of them. Thought at the time, but now she knows she didn't. If she had loved one or all of them she would not have used the word thought. Think about it, if you were talking about your ex boyfriend whom you had been in love with would you say that you thought you were in love with him? I honestly don't think Quinn ever loved any of the guys she dated. But just because she wasn't in love with any of them doesn't mean she didn't care about them.

As for Rachel saying she always thought Quinn and Puck would end up together, that felt like pure fan pandering to me. Quinn and Puck went a whole season without interacting and whenever they did interact in the whole three season there were never any romantic feelings from Quinn towards Puck. So then suddenly out of the blue for Rachel to say that in the last ever ep of the season when they are all graduating when there were never any romantic love there to start of with, was just bizarre. It was as if the writers were ticking off a box to please fandom; Brittana scene check, Santana's accepting mum check, obligatory Klaine scene where they promise each other never ending love (though we won't have them touch) check, Faberry check, Finn and Rachel telling each other for the 5556th time that they love each other (though we'll split them up) check, hmmm lets see anything else we need to cross off? Oh yes, Quick, lets have a quick scene with them where she says she was in love with him though for the last three seasons now we've portrayed her as never being in love with him, check. Must please the shippers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Other Shows: Arrow | The Tomorrow People | Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | The Originals | The 100 | Star-Crossed | Bates Motel | Glee | Devious Maids