Other Shows: Arrow . The Tomorrow People . Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. . The Originals . The 100 . Star-Crossed . Bates Motel . Devious Maids
Photo

How many more seasons do you think Glee will have?

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

Mary Watson

Mary Watson

I sing in a wardrobe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,071 posts

I think it will be cancelled after Season 5. I am voting for Glee on the TWoP Tubey Awards this year, mostly in negative categories... which makes me sad. I don't know if I can watch any more episodes without silently crying, wishing we could have our "Glory Days" back (LOL at singing that at graduation, btw... what were they thinking...?)

http://www.televisio...ys/nominees.php

I'm voting for half the new cast as the Most Unwelcome New Character... grumble... SUGARMADDAHWHAT?!

I don't quite get what was your point.... so basically you don't like the new characters? I'm sorry if I missed your point.

Matt Holck

Matt Holck

Advanced Member

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,731 posts
  • GFA '12: Most Original
depends on whether gLee can launch a spin off

londongirl

londongirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,891 posts

The creators have made it very clear that they are not going to abandon graduates who they care about, in particular Rachel, Kurt, Finn, and Santana. There is going to be a split narrative, shifting between New York and McKinley. All suggestions that it should be different are futile, the basic decision has been made. Whether it will work on screen remains to be seen, but it's a bit disingenuous to suggest at this point that only keeping the focus on McKinley would save the show, because nobody can prove or disprove that the audience would have connected to a whole new set of characters. The show kept the focus on McKinley in season 3 -- and still bled a third of its audience.

Yes, I know very well that there will be a split narrative in season four and that will not change. I was talking about the seasons following season four (if there will be any). Lets say that season five happens and RIb decides to keep four graduates on top of the 12 kids in McKinley and the old graduates (Rachel, Finn, Santana and Kurt, if they want to stay on) and if this happens every season it will be a mess. I even honestly think that the only reason the fab four were kept is due to the fandom outcry. RIB should have gone for a separate spin-off for some of the seniors and when that didn't happen, they should have been bold and let all of them go, instead of letting fandom dictate what they should do by keeping them. I do think RIB intended on getting rid of them going by RM's original statements. He later backtracked when fandom had a fit.

As for the bolded, ratings drop in a series third season is normal. It happens all the time. Glee's rating's aren't actually that bad as people on here make them out to be. Also, I don't think it is Mckinley that is the problem. It could be that people are tired of the old characters and their never ending recycled plots and that what is needed is fresh faces and more development for those existing one's who haven't gotten much so far. The people who got the most focus this season were Finchel, Kurt and Santana and if you're concerned about the ratings dropping then perhaps there is a link there. Also from having watched other shows where new cast replace old, the GA (who are the audience that matter as they are far bigger than fandom) is usually very open to characters changing, as long as they are good and the story lines interesting.

If there is a season five, and I think there will be, then I do think they should change back to having the action solely stuck on McKinley and then try and go for a spin-off for the fab four, plus other graduating seniors whomever they may be. It could kinda be a 'dumping ground' for original Glee's most popular characters to continue their journey, without 'messing' up original Glee.

Matt Holck

Matt Holck

Advanced Member

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,731 posts
>The people who got the most focus this season were Finchel, Kurt and Santana

It's All Over

Mary Watson

Mary Watson

I sing in a wardrobe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,071 posts
I wanted to say "Yeah, that's great, you know. Let's do this." to the idea of following the graduated students and not to ruin the original Glee. But the problem is, this is totally not what Glee is about. If Glee is about underdogs, then great, all the graduated students have made their way through and shone like a star. But they graduated doesn't mean there will be no more underdogs back at McKinley. This cycle cannot be repeated, of course, but it's certainly not a good idea for Glee to follow where the graduated kids are.

Gleek1978

Gleek1978

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,272 posts
I bet though that when it does end even the people really criticising it will miss it terribly!

msqt71

msqt71

• Pip
  • 1 posts

In all honesty, though an unpopular opinion, I think Glee should have ended with the third season and all the original 11 graduating at the same time. Although I love the show, it's running out of steam in my opinion. I'd rather it went out on a comparative high than a diluted version of a show that I once loved.

I second and third that!!!

Matt Holck

Matt Holck

Advanced Member

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,731 posts
I saw the dream girls movie recently

it seem incongrous in time shifts

I don't hear much gaga where I dance

Kamakana

Kamakana

Band Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts
Hm... Ideally I'd love for there to be 13 seasons. :B xD But I don't see it surviving past Season 7. That'd be an okay stopping date because that's when Rachel finishes college.

Yes, I know very well that there will be a split narrative in season four and that will not change. I was talking about the seasons following season four (if there will be any). Lets say that season five happens and RIb decides to keep four graduates on top of the 12 kids in McKinley and the old graduates (Rachel, Finn, Santana and Kurt, if they want to stay on) and if this happens every season it will be a mess. I even honestly think that the only reason the fab four were kept is due to the fandom outcry. RIB should have gone for a separate spin-off for some of the seniors and when that didn't happen, they should have been bold and let all of them go, instead of letting fandom dictate what they should do by keeping them. I do think RIB intended on getting rid of them going by RM's original statements. He later backtracked when fandom had a fit.

As for the bolded, ratings drop in a series third season is normal. It happens all the time. Glee's rating's aren't actually that bad as people on here make them out to be. Also, I don't think it is Mckinley that is the problem. It could be that people are tired of the old characters and their never ending recycled plots and that what is needed is fresh faces and more development for those existing one's who haven't gotten much so far. The people who got the most focus this season were Finchel, Kurt and Santana and if you're concerned about the ratings dropping then perhaps there is a link there. Also from having watched other shows where new cast replace old, the GA (who are the audience that matter as they are far bigger than fandom) is usually very open to characters changing, as long as they are good and the story lines interesting.

If there is a season five, and I think there will be, then I do think they should change back to having the action solely stuck on McKinley and then try and go for a spin-off for the fab four, plus other graduating seniors whomever they may be. It could kinda be a 'dumping ground' for original Glee's most popular characters to continue their journey, without 'messing' up original Glee.

I agree with you 100%.

I seriously believe that the only reason they're keeping the graduates is because the fans are crying over losing the originals. Rachel said it herself in the pilot, "I know I'm just a sophomore but I can feel the clock ticking away and I don't want to leave high school with nothing to show for it." That always led me to believe that once Rachel graduates, that's it. She's done her part in life, and we'll get to see more people in high school to watch them suffer and grow.

Then again, there were pre-set contracts or whatever that signed certain people on for seven years. But I'm not familiar with those protocols.

I seriously think that the writers just need to suck it up and do the spinoff. RIB+ doesn't have to be the one running it. Put the new show in someone else's hands. Someone who can probably do these 8 people justice.

Quite frankly, I'm tired of the old characters. I'd love to see these new people who can inspire a wider demographic. Not everyone relates to the existing 16.

BrokenAngel

BrokenAngel

Music is the language that we all speak.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 718 posts
I think it will have probably 5 seasons. And movie, but not a Concert movie, like Glee 3D Concert was.

Gleek1978

Gleek1978

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,272 posts
This is going to sound so lame, but Glee is kind of like a way of life for me, I am on this forum every day, check ONTD Glee daily for the news, then when its on tv, I watch every episode twice, Iisten to all the First Listen Fridays, I'd say my ipod is about a third Glee, I will be slightly lost when it does end!

Klaus Mikaelson

Klaus Mikaelson

Easy, love!

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,746 posts
  • GFA '13: Biggest Pimp

This is going to sound so lame, but Glee is kind of like a way of life for me, I am on this forum every day, check ONTD Glee daily for the news, then when its on tv, I watch every episode twice, Iisten to all the First Listen Fridays, I'd say my ipod is about a third Glee, I will be slightly lost when it does end!

Oh shit, you just named all of the things I do too. That's just bad, man. Or is it?

BrokenAngel

BrokenAngel

Music is the language that we all speak.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 718 posts
Yep, that´s true. For many people it´s GLEE important part of life...For me too, I can´t imagine live without it...

Kamakana

Kamakana

Band Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts
Yeah, which is why I definitely don't look forward to the day it ends. I've never cared so much about a show before. xD I mean, I'm not the type of fan who knows all of the behind-the-scenes stuff with the cast and whatnot, but I just depend on the show, which is kinda sad because when Glee does end, I'll be super lost. "Holy crap! I'm failing this college class and I'd like to punch my professor in the face! Glee! What am I supposed to do? Oh wait, you don't exist anymore." xD

Skygleek

Skygleek

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 449 posts
The way things are going with declining ratings and creativity - one.

If the New York offshoot pumps some much needed life back into the show then two. Nada mas.

I disagree with the idea that focusing just on McKinley can revitalize the patient. I believe the opposite is true. The Glee audience that drives the current numbers are invested in the core characters. I don't believe Glee can survive without Rachel and Kurt. Mass exodus.

sephyr

sephyr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
I would like it to end after season 4, maybe five, and turn into the spin-off with Brittany, Kurt, Rachel, Blaine, Finn, Artie, Santana, and Tina. Their college years (w/ no glee club) would be fun to see. Then we could still have songs and such but relating to their daily lives and not mostly in the club.

Wearing Boy Clothes

Wearing Boy Clothes

You are wearing boy clothes for once.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,036 posts
All I know is that some of the fanbase is going to become plenty bitter. I've watched the fanbases of sooo many shows. They're going to think the next season sucks for some reason. They're going to be picky at every single mistake. They're going to wish for the 'old days' of Glee. I hate to be a cynic, but this is pretty much guaranteed. People get bored extremely easily, so when a show goes on for a while (and there are exceptions) they get nostalgic and perfectionistic. Look at The Office. I mean lol people are already being bitter about season 3.

I'm riding this show all the way to the end, though (he he). I hope there are still many with me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Other Shows: Arrow | The Tomorrow People | Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | The Originals | The 100 | Star-Crossed | Bates Motel | Glee | Devious Maids