Other Shows: Arrow . The Tomorrow People . Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. . The Originals . The 100 . Star-Crossed . Bates Motel . Devious Maids
Photo

Fox is seriously scheduling a new ep for Thanksgiving Day?

32 replies to this topic

That Don Guy

That Don Guy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts

From (at least) 2004 through 2010, Fox aired movies on Thanksgiving night, presumably because they figured too many people might be doing something Thanksgiving-related (including driving home from dinner at a relative's house) that night. Last year, they tried airing a couple of animated specials, but they only got ratings of 2.3 and 1.6.

I think Fox is taking a risk airing a new episode on Thanksgiving night - that is, unless it decides to repeat it on, say, the next night as well. (Fox can't do it on that Saturday as it already has a college football game scheduled for that night.)

tmrd

tmrd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts
I know its a bad idea. But there's a part of me that's super happy, because after a month of no-glee the last thing I would want is another break.

Jugz da' Clown

Jugz da' Clown

Too legit to quit

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,982 posts
  • GFA '14: Best Username
I'm not gonna watch Glee on Thanksgiving night. I always watch movies with my family Thanksgiving night. I'm not blowing off holiday tradition for Glee.

I will, however be playing plenty of Glee Christmas music for my family in my "Christmas music kick-off", all day long on Thanksgiving day, just like I did last year and the year before that. :D

Rachel Berry

Rachel Berry

Rise, shine and have a cup of coffee with me!

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 32,557 posts
  • GFA '12: Most Articulate
  • GFA '13: Smartest
  • GFA '14: Best Singer
Apparently they have scrapped the idea of airing a Glee episode on Thanksgiving:
http://www.thefutonc.../glee/listings/

It might also be that the preliminary Glee schedule we got some time ago was incorrect.

Jugz da' Clown

Jugz da' Clown

Too legit to quit

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,982 posts
  • GFA '14: Best Username
Smart move

jaymcb

jaymcb

"Now they are all looking for a Lea Michele type"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,620 posts
  • From the Top: Member Since 2009
I never thought they would.

It just made no sense.

I wouldn't be surprise if the 15th had 2 episodes actually..

tmrd

tmrd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts

It just made no sense.

I CAN ROLL WITH THAT

ShamelessHussy

ShamelessHussy

Advanced Member

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,988 posts
  • GFA '13: Most Profound

It just made no sense.

11/15 is a sweeps night. Those are very carefully planned. Glee would already know if they were going to get two slots on that night.

Actually, I bet Murphy planned the "Thanksgiving" episode back when they were airing a new one on the holiday. And then toned it done when it became unlikely that 4x07 would air then. Because it does feel like things have changed since his early tweets about this. All wishy came up with that's Thanksgiving about the episode is a canned food drive Sam and Blaine organize.

Princess Kenny

Princess Kenny

Mrrrph mrrph, Mrrrrph Mrrph Mrr Mrrph

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,979 posts
It does seem like a bad move ratings wise, but truth is for me personally it will be nice to have a new episode to watch thanksgiving night. I was gonna go to my sisters house but I think I am just gonna stay home and watch football and cap the day with a new episode of glee.

Rachel Berry

Rachel Berry

Rise, shine and have a cup of coffee with me!

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 32,557 posts
  • GFA '12: Most Articulate
  • GFA '13: Smartest
  • GFA '14: Best Singer

It does seem like a bad move ratings wise, but truth is for me personally it will be nice to have a new episode to watch thanksgiving night. I was gonna go to my sisters house but I think I am just gonna stay home and watch football and cap the day with a new episode of glee.

You missed my earlier post, where I stated that the plans seems to have changed, meaning they are NOT going to air a new episode on Thanksgiving.

Emmett Bledsoe

Emmett Bledsoe

i'm with the drummer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 26,976 posts
  • GFA '12: Most Original
  • GFA '13: Most Perverted

I will, however be playing plenty of Glee Christmas music for my family in my "Christmas music kick-off", all day long on Thanksgiving day, just like I did last year and the year before that. :D

omg everybody HATES me when I do that, especially last year when Lindsay and Alex's duet came out :lol: Nonstop, all the time.

Granted, everyone has negative feelings towards me because I drag the Christmas tree out on Veteran's Day since my Thanksgiving consists of cooking--and then sleeping and brewing copious amounts of coffee to prepare for Black Friday morning.

I'm one of those people ;(

Stringfellow

Stringfellow

Alfie forgives but never forgets.

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,986 posts
  • GFA '13: Mod Spotlight

It just made no sense.

It would make so much more sense to have 2 episodes on November 8th since 4x05 & 4x06 are the 2-parter with the musical. Episode 4x07 is a stand alone episode with a Thanksgiving subplot so playing that with the 2nd part of the musical doesn't play as smoothly narratively speaking.

And since we did get scenes for both 4x05 & 4x06 in the last promo -perhaps that is the intention.

General Schuester

General Schuester

Captain of Team Will

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 30,480 posts

Your poor family. :P

Rachel Hudson

Rachel Hudson

I love you, Cory.

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 35,631 posts
  • GFA '12: Biggest Shipper
  • GFA '13: Biggest Shipper
  • GFA '14: Best Writer

Apparently they have scrapped the idea of airing a Glee episode on Thanksgiving:
http://www.thefutonc.../glee/listings/

It might also be that the preliminary Glee schedule we got some time ago was incorrect.

So when will they air that episode now?

I'm not gonna watch Glee on Thanksgiving night. I always watch movies with my family Thanksgiving night. I'm not blowing off holiday tradition for Glee.

I do that too :)

ShamelessHussy

ShamelessHussy

Advanced Member

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,988 posts

So when will they air that episode now?

Dynamic Duets would air on 11/29 so that's probably why there doesn't seem to be much "Thanksgiving" in this episode anymore. The bigger question is "when is sectionals?" There are only 2 episodes then after this one. So sectionals has to be 4x08 or in the Christmas episode, 4x09.

jaymcb

jaymcb

"Now they are all looking for a Lea Michele type"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,620 posts
  • From the Top: Member Since 2009

It would make so much more sense to have 2 episodes on November 8th since 4x05 & 4x06 are the 2-parter with the musical. Episode 4x07 is a stand alone episode with a Thanksgiving subplot so playing that with the 2nd part of the musical doesn't play as smoothly narratively speaking.

And since we did get scenes for both 4x05 & 4x06 in the last promo -perhaps that is the intention.

maybe.

I have read much about 7 the little I have hasn't interest me .

I only thought 2 because if 7 is a Thanksgiving episode it will have to air before the holiday. Not only do networks never air new episodes on Holidays they never air Holiday themed episodes after the holiday.

Cathy Hiatt

Cathy Hiatt

Mrs. Jamie Wellerstein

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,002 posts
  • GFA '13: Most Positive
  • GFA '14: Biggest Tina Stan
I'm pretty sure, at this point, sectionals 4x08 and Christmas 4x09 is a safe bet, that's when those episodes were last season two, and I can't see them pushing sectionals later, given that up til now it kept getting earlier each season in episode numbers. (1x13, then 2x09, then 3x08.)

Fede

Fede

Rest in peace, Cory.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts
Thanksgiving episode doesn't have to air on Thanksgiving day. It would be as stupid as having christmas episodes airing on Christmas Eve.

ShamelessHussy

ShamelessHussy

Advanced Member

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,988 posts

Thanksgiving episode doesn't have to air on Thanksgiving day. It would be as stupid as having christmas episodes airing on Christmas Eve.

Yes but it's also going to be "huh?" if it airs the following week. Especially to GA members who don't know RM said they were doing a Thanksgiving holiday episode.

Rachel Hudson

Rachel Hudson

I love you, Cory.

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 35,631 posts
  • GFA '12: Biggest Shipper
  • GFA '13: Biggest Shipper
  • GFA '14: Best Writer

What I think is really stupid is how if the season ends in May, the graduation will technically be in the beginning of May. That's too early...

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Other Shows: Arrow | The Tomorrow People | Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | The Originals | The 100 | Star-Crossed | Bates Motel | Glee | Devious Maids