Other Shows: Arrow . The Tomorrow People . Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. . The Originals . The 100 . Star-Crossed . Bates Motel . Devious Maids
Photo

Season 4 General Spoiler Discussion - CLOSED 5/9/2013

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
78414 replies to this topic

Poll: 4x22 (90 member(s) have cast votes)

Assuming the catfisher is Unique, how will Ryder react to the news?

1. He will be accepting and they will have a heart-to-heart (3 votes [3.33%])

Percentage of vote: 3.33%

2. He will be furious with her (16 votes [17.78%])

Percentage of vote: 17.78%

3. Angry at first, but then hears her out (67 votes [74.44%])

Percentage of vote: 74.44%

4. Other (4 votes [4.44%])

Percentage of vote: 4.44%

Will Rachel get the role of Fanny?

1. Yes (13 votes [14.44%])

Percentage of vote: 14.44%

2. No (13 votes [14.44%])

Percentage of vote: 14.44%

3. No, but she will get something else (22 votes [24.44%])

Percentage of vote: 24.44%

4. We won't find out (42 votes [46.67%])

Percentage of vote: 46.67%

Vote

DETtor09

DETtor09

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,163 posts

Hmm. Not really if the writers want to create tension and anticipation for her first singing appearance. And when we/they hear her sing she is so good that they are blown away and feel that they can't compete, circa Showmance and Vocal Adrenaline. It would take that tension/anticipation completely away if she did it in the episode before. Now granted a lot of people know who Jessica Sanchez is already but there are still some who don't watch Idol. And in the end it doesn't matter because it is about the narrative and the characters experience of her singing. And her awesome talent. And to be honest I don't even know if Lea Michele/Rachel Berry could beat Jessica Sanchez hands down when it comes to singing.

As far as Rachel not getting a solo and Cassandra, well sure it might be disapointing to some but Kate Hudson is an oscar nominated movie star and they aren't going to waste that opportunity. And quite frankly they have to cater to her somewhat. You could honestly say it is ridiculous not to have Matt sing a solo or Naya over Cassandra. But this is a pure professional business decision. For whatever reason RIB seem more content to give most of the music to the Lima side again which leads me to believe yet again that this rumour of no Lima next year a crock.

Plus considering that hardly any of the people singing solos this episode with the exception of Jake had much of any singing all year, I am going to keep my mouth shut in terms of complaining because most of the people singing were way overdue to sing a solo anyway or at all for that matter.

I wouldn't have an issue with any in the regular cast singing in place of Cassandra. If they want to give something to people who haven't sung much this year, that's whatever. But if 1 person was going to sing in a tribute episode, that's also the penultimate episode of the season, regarding the Rachel/Cassandra story, I think it should have been Rachel.

MaybeImAmazed

MaybeImAmazed

just, loyal and unafraid of toil

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,572 posts
  • GFA '13: Most Articulate

What was the first time?

Ryder singing too much, after the full song list for episode 20 was out.

Not the first time in forever, but in the recent history of the fandom :P

chantilly

chantilly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,806 posts

I wouldn't have an issue with any in the regular cast singing in place of Cassandra. If they want to give something to people who haven't sung much this year, that's whatever. But if 1 person was going to sing in a tribute episode, that's also the penultimate episode of the season, regarding the Rachel/Cassandra story, I think it should have been Rachel.

Why?

DETtor09

DETtor09

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,163 posts

Why?

For the reasons I stated. Tribute episode. 2nd to last episode of the season. Main character vs. guest star. If they were both singing, ok, neither singing, ok, but Cassandra over Rachel doesn't make much sense to me.

MaybeImAmazed

MaybeImAmazed

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,572 posts
In other news, Gi is done with the K21 teasing.

She posted this...

giovanna parise@GiParise
Im teasing with #K21 because is a good episode. Im not saying u'll get what u want, but is good and my guess is that u WILL like it.

And then a bunch of Klaine shippers started to freak out because they interpreted that it means no reunion or marriage :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Miss Rosa

Miss Rosa

I do not like rude people

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,727 posts
  • GFA '14: Mod Spotlight

POPULAR

Ryder singing too much, after the full song list for episode 20 was out.

I love that you're keeping count ;(.

I honestly don't care who sings/who doesn't, I've made my peace with it a long time ago. Just gimme good music and I'm good.

The Trench

The Trench

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 971 posts
Oh, yeah, I remember the Ryder controversy.

DETtor09

DETtor09

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,163 posts

I love that you're keeping count ;(.

I honestly don't care who sings/who doesn't, I've made my peace with it a long time ago. Just gimme good music and I'm good.

I generally don't either, but his particular decision rubs me the wrong way. It's coming on top of a lot of decisions surrounding NY this season.

Sam Evans

Sam Evans

<3

• imgAdministrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 45,156 posts
  • GFA '12: Best Gay
  • GFA '13: Favorite Mod/Admin
  • GFA '14: Biggest Sam Stan

For the reasons I stated. Tribute episode. 2nd to last episode of the season. Main character vs. guest star. If they were both singing, ok, neither singing, ok, but Cassandra over Rachel doesn't make much sense to me.

To be fair, we don't know what the story is so I'm not sure it's fair to complain about this yet. I'm not excited because Kate isn't a great singer, but for all I know the story reasons are completely valid.

DETtor09

DETtor09

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,163 posts

To be fair, we don't know what the story is so I'm not sure it's fair to complain about this yet. I'm not excited because Kate isn't a great singer, but for all I know the story reasons are completely valid.

Again, it has nothing to do with the story or the context. I don't care whether the songs make sense in context or not.

Sam Evans

Sam Evans

<3

• imgAdministrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 45,156 posts
  • GFA '12: Best Gay
  • GFA '13: Favorite Mod/Admin
  • GFA '14: Biggest Sam Stan

Again, it has nothing to do with the story or the context. I don't care whether songs make sense in context or not.

Okay then?

chantilly

chantilly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,806 posts

POPULAR

Yeah. I guess your reasons aren't compelling enough for me to say Rachel is entitled to the solo over Cassandra. And for the record, I am not a huge fan of Kate Husdon, nor have I liked her SL at all on this show save for a moment or two. But I see this from a producer's perspective as well and also since we have no idea of the context of her singing, I can't really object to be honest. Nor can I say what does or doesn't make sense since I have no narrative reference. You can want a regular character to sing over a guest star but that doesn't mean it goes anything beyond just wanting your favourite character to sing and that it somehow makes more sense because they are a regular character.

MaybeImAmazed

MaybeImAmazed

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,572 posts
Well, it would be kind of impossible for a Cassandra solo to have context, but for a Rachel solo or a Rachel/Cassandra duet, on the other hand, to lack one. Wouldn't it? Cassandra's storyline is 100% connected to Rachel. I think it's safe to say that whoever of the two got to sing would make sense, even if we know nothing about the plot yet.

sinnfb

sinnfb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,035 posts

You're probably right. ;( I just had my hopes up for a Sam solo based on the tweet that he was in the studio. The only song I've liked Kate's voice on was There Are Worse Things I Could Do, so I hope she brings it this time.

True, a Sam solo would have been lovely :(

Finn Hudson

Finn Hudson

Finn + Kitty are my favs

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,539 posts
  • GFA '13: Mod Spotlight
  • GFA '14: Biggest Finn Stan
I'm sure Rachel will sing plenty in the finale, 4.21 is probably Cassie's swan song.

DETtor09

DETtor09

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,163 posts

Yeah. I guess your reasons aren't compelling enough for me to say Rachel is entitled to the solo over Cassandra. And for the record, I am not a huge fan of Kate Husdon, nor have I liked her SL at all on this show save for a moment or two. But I see this from a producer's perspective as well and also since we have no idea of the context of her singing, I can't really object to be honest. Nor can I say what does or doesn't make sense since I have no narrative reference. You can want a regular character to sing over a guest star but that doesn't mean it goes anything beyond just wanting your favourite character to sing and that it somehow makes more sense because they are a regular character.

It doesn't make sense to me. Maybe it makes sense to you, but that doesn't change my thoughts on it. And yes, I'd always like Rachel to be singing and I haven't enjoyed her singing less this season but as I've said, neither of them singing would make more sense to me in this case.

And it has nothing to do with disliking Kate Hudson or Cassandra as I don't actually. She was a little over the top but I was entertained by her story with Rachel for the most part.

Gleek223

Gleek223

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,879 posts

See, it's not even a matter of whether or not it's good. No situation or context will make this less stupid. I don't care if Rachel catches a severe infection causing her to have her vocal chords cut out of her body and Kate Hudson's song is so amazing it completely cures the world of cancer and heart disease in one shot, Cassandra getting a solo (or in this case singing period) in a tribute episode over Rachel will never not be completely ridiculous.

Sorry but why should Rachel get a solo if it provides nothing except Rachel singing? Yes it's a tribute episode but I don't see how that entitles Rachel to a solo or sing in general. To be honest I didn't think her solo in Britney 2.0 was necessary and was just wasting a song on Lea to have Rachel sing.

Stefan Salvatore

Stefan Salvatore

Bells to be rung and a wonderful spring to be sprung

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 751 posts

POPULAR

Jake solo :wub:

redshoes

redshoes

Advanced Member

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,740 posts
  • GFA '13: Mod Spotlight

Jake solo :wub:

Basically what I see, too.

Chanandler Bong

Chanandler Bong

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,649 posts

Sorry but why should Rachel get a solo if it provides nothing except Rachel singing? Yes it's a tribute episode but I don't see how that entitles Rachel to a solo or sing in general. To be honest I didn't think her solo in Britney 2.0 was necessary and was just wasting a song on Lea to have Rachel sing.

You could say the same about a lot of songs in tribute episodes. Her solo in Britney 2.0 did have purpose though.

The point is if the scene involves Rachel and Cassie then no matter who sings it's probably work in context. So therefore Rachel should trump Cassie in the who gets to sing guide.
I don't nessacarily agree, but the point makes sense.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Other Shows: Arrow | The Tomorrow People | Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | The Originals | The 100 | Star-Crossed | Bates Motel | Glee | Devious Maids