• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Tschandler

Tschandler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts
Will/Sue's set list had Paradise Edge and What a feeling. Seeing as we already saw Rachel/Tina duet on it going to the bus that was probably a good reason to skip it.

Dave Karofsky

Dave Karofsky

I GOTTA GAY

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,524 posts
  • From the Top: Member Since 2009
The performed "Edge of Glory", "It's All Coming Back To Me" and "Paradise by the Dashborad Light" at Nationals. I think you got confused with "Paradise Edge" and not sure if "What A Feeling" was on the list, I remember them saying that they wanted to do Gaga's "Edge of Glory", "Paradise by the Dashboard Light" was already confirmed earlier in the episode, so I'm not sure about "What A Feeling." I can look at the episode again and see, but do you have a pic of it? Was that song on the page in the episode?

Kamakana

Kamakana

Band Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,885 posts
I just re-watched the episode, and the final setlist sheet that Sue and Will were reviewing said Edge of Glory, Paradise by the Dashboard Light, and It's All Coming Back to Me Now. This was towards the end of "Props," about 39:42 in. Sue did say at the beginning that they were going to do Flash Dance, but I'm just assuming it was a way to set up the Rachel/Tina thing.

Jade the Gleek

Jade the Gleek

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 700 posts

Yeah, it was originally: "Paradise By the Dashboard Light", "Flashdance (What a Feeling)" and "It's All Coming Back to Me Now". In Props we see the New Directions rehearsing with their props, and Flashdance is the background music, but then Rachel and Tina perform the song at the end of the episode. Flashdance is then shifted for "Edge of Glory" in the episode. I'm not entirely sure WHY they decided to scrap the original number, maybe they just felt it would suit Rachel & Tina better, opposed to the Troubletones.

Rachel St. Berry

Rachel St. Berry

The Berry Is Back

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,296 posts
They got a "Third" song because Rachel got the spot in the compettion for a Showcase number. If Rachel hadn't got that spot, then they would have only had two numbers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users