Other Shows: Arrow . The Tomorrow People . Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. . The Originals . The 100 . Star-Crossed . Bates Motel . Devious Maids
Photo

Season 5 General Spoilers Discussion - CLOSED 5/13/2014

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
81605 replies to this topic

Poll: The finale and beyond (157 member(s) have cast votes)

Who is going to L.A. BY THE END of 5x20?

1. Rachel (137 votes [33.91%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 33.91%

2. Kurt (16 votes [3.96%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.96%

3. Blaine (61 votes [15.10%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.10%

4. Mercedes (58 votes [14.36%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.36%

5. Sam (79 votes [19.55%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 19.55%

6. Artie (13 votes [3.22%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.22%

7. Brittany (11 votes [2.72%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.72%

8. Other (5 votes [1.24%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.24%

9. Everyone is staying in NY (1 votes [0.25%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.25%

10. No one goes to L.A., but at least one person goes somewhere else (6 votes [1.49%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.49%

11. Don't know (17 votes [4.21%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.21%

What do you think Season 6 is going to be in terms of the regulars?

1. They are all part of Rachel's TV show (7 votes [4.49%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.49%

2. Some of them are part of Rachel's show, the rest do something else in L.A. (25 votes [16.03%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.03%

3. Some of them are part of Rachel's show, but at least one stays in NY (25 votes [16.03%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.03%

4. Only Rachel does a TV show, the rest do something else in NY or L.A. (45 votes [28.85%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 28.85%

5. There is no TV show and they end up somewhere else (3 votes [1.92%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.92%

6. The season will be split into arcs, each being something different (33 votes [21.15%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 21.15%

7. Other (1 votes [0.64%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.64%

8. Don't know (17 votes [10.90%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.90%

How do you feel about the possibility of a "show-within-a-show" based on a glee club being the main plot of S6?

1. Love it, awesome idea! (6 votes [3.85%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.85%

2. I think it has potential (37 votes [23.72%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 23.72%

3. I'm apprehensive; it could be good or bad (59 votes [37.82%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 37.82%

4. I don't like the idea (23 votes [14.74%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.74%

5. Sounds like a disaster (26 votes [16.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

6. If this happens, I won't watch (2 votes [1.28%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.28%

7. Other (3 votes [1.92%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.92%

Vote

Sam Evans

Sam Evans

<3

• imgAdministrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 45,132 posts
  • GFA '12: Best Gay
  • GFA '13: Favorite Mod/Admin
  • GFA '14: Biggest Sam Stan

To you and the others that are saying that it's for my dislike of Blaine, please stop. It's not about that. It's that there's only 12 people here again, and even though the other originals are gone, we have the carbon-copies that sort of take their place. It feels more season 1 because of that. I wasn't even thinking of Blaine until someone mentioned he wasn't there, and then I added my post. So stop assuming. It's starting to feel that I can't say anything because you guys will quickly say that any reason is because I don't like Blaine.

tumblr_inline_mla28nyMzJ1qz4rgp.gif

yikes

Rick Lynn

Rick Lynn

bYE

• imgAdministrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,919 posts
  • GFA '13: Best Poster
  • GFA '14: Biggest Gleek

Carbon copies :|

I can't.

Alicia Florrick

Alicia Florrick

Advanced Member

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,588 posts
  • GFA '12: Biggest Character Stan
  • GFA '14: Biggest Blaine Stan

Carbon copies. I am crying. Lol.

msunshne

msunshne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,112 posts

http://www.eonline.c...in&dlvrit=51396

Article on Naya and Dot and season 5.

Edited by msunshne, 01 July 2013 - 11:36 AM.

catfishkatie

catfishkatie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,501 posts

I LOVE that photo and am trying to figure a way that it can still be used as a promo one. :P They can make it just a "kids" promo pic so they don't NEED to include Matt and Jane. Is there any possible way they can photoshop Blaine in?? Is it at all possible!!? Cause that's the main thing keeping it from not being able to get used. The other thing is Bliss instead of Jarley. Is there a possibility that Jacob and Melissa are holding hands or something and we just can't see it in the shot?? LOL. I'm just trying to think of a way Jarley fans would be satisfied and not blow a gasket if that photo got used. It's just such a good picture ;( Everyone looks happy and adorable and there isn't an easy way to crop the picture so it's only originals, or only new kids. THAT'S a big reason why I like it better than the other one. 

Another thought: Are they going to make Blaine take his photos in his Cheerios outfit?? LOL!  They make Becca, and Blaine did end the season still a cheerio, right? Some people were saying they were using "repeat" outfits to remind us it was still the same school year. Could that same logic be used when dressing Darren for the shoot???Personally, I hope not. 

Finn Hudson

Finn Hudson

Finn + Kitty are my favs

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,479 posts
  • GFA '13: Mod Spotlight
  • GFA '14: Biggest Finn Stan

Kitty isn't a carbon copy, she's an improvement :ph34r: Ryder and Jake are very different from Finn and Puck imo. And Marley and Rachel are about as similar as Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise.

msunshne

msunshne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,112 posts

I doubt they'd have Blaine in his cheerios costume.  Not when he has so many other outfits. His outfits are one of the best things about his character (and the reason why they hardly dressed him in his uni!)  Also we should be getting one of him in the red graduation gown.

MaybeImAmazed

MaybeImAmazed

just, loyal and unafraid of toil

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,544 posts
  • GFA '13: Most Articulate

And Marley and Rachel are about as similar as Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise.

They're more different than that. At least Brad and Tom have one thing in common: they were both heartthrobs back in their day.

Another thought: Are they going to make Blaine take his photos in his Cheerios outfit?? LOL!  They make Becca, and Blaine did end the season still a cheerio, right? Some people were saying they were using "repeat" outfits to remind us it was still the same school year. Could that same logic be used when dressing Darren for the shoot???Personally, I hope not. 

Blaine didn't wear his outfit all the time at school like Kitty did, so I don't think so.

Matt

Matt

Advanced Member

• imgAdministrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,942 posts

The fact that we've had an entire season of character development for the sophomores and people still remotely consider them to be similar to their perceived "copy" is comedic.

Yes, Melissa and Lea both are female and have the same-ish hair color. Yes, Blake and Cory are extremely tall and lanky. Yes, Mark and Jacob have a similar skin complexion. And, yes, Becca and Dianna both are blonde and their characters are cheerleaders.

As far as I know Marley isn't diva-ing out of the choir room when she doesn't get solos (quite the opposite). Ryder isn't having a constant inner-struggle about his popularity and choosing between the head cheerleader and show choir star (quite the opposite). Jake isn't off having sex with every girl at McKinley or failing every class (quite the opposite). Kitty didn't get pregnant this season!

Someone who truly thinks they are "carbon copies" or "clones" please, please feel free to enlighten me on how exactly they are even remotely similar outside of all "looking" the same.

StillCookin

StillCookin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,252 posts

To you and the others that are saying that it's for my dislike of Blaine, please stop. It's not about that.

But your "logic" doesn't make any sense. Seriously, the one person keeping you from warm fuzzy season 1 feels is Blaine? With Sam, Marley, Unique, Jake, Ryder and Kitty in the frame? Who's kidding who here?
Besides, this is hardly the first time you've made (not so) thinly veiled jabs at Blaine, so it's hardly a secret that you hate him... This is basic 1+1=2 here, it's not complicated.

Alicia Florrick

Alicia Florrick

Advanced Member

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,588 posts

Someone who truly thinks they are "carbon copies" or "clones" please, please feel free to enlighten me on how exactly they are even remotely similar outside of all "looking" the same.

The funny thing is they don't even look that much alike.

Melissa looks nothing like Lea. She's taller and has an entirely different body type. Mark and Jacob don't even share the same ethnicity, and look nothing alike beyond a somewhat similar skin tone and short hair. Blake is the whitest half-Cuban ever, but he still doesn't look like Cory - who's got a quintessential Canadian look to him. Becca and Dianna's similarities stop at the blond hair.

So not only do the newbies' personalities not resemble those of the original cast, but they don't look much like them either.

But this discussion has been done to death. Frankly, if you (pl.) still after S4 think of them as copies, you should check yourself. 

MaybeImAmazed

MaybeImAmazed

just, loyal and unafraid of toil

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,544 posts
  • GFA '13: Most Articulate

But your "logic" doesn't make any sense. Seriously, the one person keeping you from warm fuzzy season 1 feels is Blaine? With Sam, Marley, Unique, Jake, Ryder and Kitty in the frame? Who's kidding who here?
Besides, this is hardly the first time you've made (not so) thinly veiled jabs at Blaine, so it's hardly a secret that you hate him... This is basic 1+1=2 here, it's not complicated.

Yeah, basically.

For the record, there's nothing wrong with disliking Blaine or any other character. But at least own up to it, you know? There are plenty of ways to state your opinion without bashing. Those veiled remarks disguised as innocent comments are annoying.

DETtor09

DETtor09

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,163 posts

The fact that we've had an entire season of character development for the sophomores and people still remotely consider them to be similar to their perceived "copy" is comedic.

Yes, Melissa and Lea both are female and have the same-ish hair color. Yes, Blake and Cory are extremely tall and lanky. Yes, Mark and Jacob have a similar skin complexion. And, yes, Becca and Dianna both are blonde and their characters are cheerleaders.

As far as I know Marley isn't diva-ing out of the choir room when she doesn't get solos (quite the opposite). Ryder isn't having a constant inner-struggle about his popularity and choosing between the head cheerleader and show choir star (quite the opposite). Jake isn't off having sex with every girl at McKinley or failing every class (quite the opposite). Kitty didn't get pregnant this season!

Someone who truly thinks they are "carbon copies" or "clones" please, please feel free to enlighten me on how exactly they are even remotely similar outside of all "looking" the same.

I agree and disagree, actually.  You're right, I wouldn't call them carbon copies because they're clearly different characters with their own problems and teenage drama.  But you can't argue that Marley, Jake, Blake, and Kitty aren't meant to step into Rachel, Puck, Finn, and Quinn's shoes so to speak.  Obviously, the blatant similarities that are there (along with the things that make them different) are purposeful in order to draw direct lines from old ND to new ND.

On a similar note, I'm still slightly bitter that Rachel never got to interact with her 2.0 when all the others did, but if it means they'll stop bringing grads back to Lima for contrived reasons, I'll be fine with that never happening.

Edited by DETtor09, 01 July 2013 - 12:29 PM.

sinnfb

sinnfb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,035 posts

I think the structure of Sweet Dreams was a good model. They gave Finn and Rachel their own sets, supporting characters and individual story lines which each included other main characters. In addition there was a third storyline with ND.

The episode was a good example of the split narrative working. In fact, I think we had several of them over the season and, unlike some people think, the biggest problem wasn't the transition between the locations but the quality of the storylines of both sides. 

If they want to "fix" things, not having random grads popping up out of nowhere to help the new kids is already a step into the right direction (which seems like it's going to be the case now that many of them aren't regulars anymore). Now, to me all they have to do is incorporate the newbies into the seniors storylines and focus on making Finn a good teacher to them.  

Sam Evans

Sam Evans

<3

• imgAdministrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 45,132 posts

From the E! article:

And now, five other actors have been promoted to series regulars: Melissa Benoist (Marley), Jacob Artist (Jake), Becca Tobin (Kitty), Blake Jenner (Ryder) and Alex Newell (Unique)—all of whom were discovered via The Glee Project.

Thanks, Kristin!

Alicia Florrick

Alicia Florrick

Advanced Member

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,588 posts
[...] you can't argue that [...] Jake [isn't] meant to step into Puck's shoes [...]

To say that Jake is meant to step in to Puck's shoes is preposterous. Jake is nothing like Puck, lol.

If anything, they seem to want to show with Jake what Puck could have been like if he had dropped the bad boy act.

Jake is a puppy and nothing like Puck. They are half-brothers, but have chosen vastly different ways to get through high school.

From the E! article:

Thanks, Kristin!

She also referred to Naya's BF as "Big Mike" and wrote that Jayma wasn't returning or something. Lol. 

Sam Evans

Sam Evans

<3

• imgAdministrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 45,132 posts

She also referred to Naya's BF as "Big Mike" and wrote that Jayma wasn't returning or something. Lol. 

Top-notch reporting as always. 

KittyCat

KittyCat

Advanced Member

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts
  • GFA '14: Mod Spotlight

From the E! article:

Thanks, Kristin!

If we are depending on her for spoilers in S5, it is going to be a long year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Matt

Matt

Advanced Member

• imgAdministrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,942 posts

I agree and disagree, actually.  You're right, I wouldn't call them carbon copies because they're clearly different characters with their own problems and teenage drama.  But you can't argue that Marley, Jake, Blake, and Kitty aren't meant to step into Rachel, Puck, Finn, and Quinn's shoes so to speak.  Obviously, the blatant similarities that are there (along with the things that make them different) are purposeful in order to draw direct lines from old ND to new ND.

I don't know. The only one would could potentially fit into a pseudo-replacement category would be Marley. She clearly got the lead female vocalist role, but that's about it. She definitely hasn't been heralded or shown interest in becoming the "female lead." She actually seems to have this overbearing fairness quality to her that people dub as "Marley Sue" even though it was her who ran into relationship troubles by being indecisive about Ryder or Jake. Neither Ryder nor Jake have ever expressed interest or been coaxed into trying to be the "male lead." Ryder doesn't seem to have his pick of any girl he wants at the school as Finn did. Jake also didn't go the route of being a cheater but instead a very loyal and trustworthy partner in his relationship with Marley. Kitty shares the bitchy trait, but not for any of the same reasons Quinn did -- Kitty does it to serve her own agenda, and just for the sake of being mean whereas Quinn was always a bitch to keep her reputation or being vindictive.

Again, I can see someone who doesn't watch the show (like many of the online magazines that post articles about it) coming to that conclusion based on general "looks" of the characters, but nothing more. I think that's originally how this all got started.

This is basically what we knew before the season began:

Marley - short brunette with a killer voice

Ryder - tall, athletic jock

Jake - bad boy, womanizer

Kitty - bitchy cheerleader

Sure, they did some parallels at the beginning (NYSOM, Womanizer) -- but after the first few episodes with some character development it was fairly clear they wanted to make these characters have their own personalities.

DETtor09

DETtor09

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,163 posts

To say that Jake is meant to step in to Puck's shoes is preposterous. Jake is nothing like Puck, lol.

If anything, they seem to want to show with Jake what Puck could have been like if he had dropped the bad boy act.

Jake is a puppy and nothing like Puck. They are half-brothers, but have chosen vastly different ways to get through high school.

When I say step into their shoes, I'm not saying they're the same person.  In fact, I think I rather explicitly said the newbies are clearly their own people. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Other Shows: Arrow | The Tomorrow People | Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | The Originals | The 100 | Star-Crossed | Bates Motel | Glee | Devious Maids