Other Shows: Arrow . The Tomorrow People . Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. . The Originals . The 100 . Star-Crossed . Bates Motel . Devious Maids
Photo

Season 5 General Spoilers Discussion - CLOSED 5/13/2014

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
81605 replies to this topic

Poll: The finale and beyond (157 member(s) have cast votes)

Who is going to L.A. BY THE END of 5x20?

1. Rachel (137 votes [33.91%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 33.91%

2. Kurt (16 votes [3.96%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.96%

3. Blaine (61 votes [15.10%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.10%

4. Mercedes (58 votes [14.36%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.36%

5. Sam (79 votes [19.55%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 19.55%

6. Artie (13 votes [3.22%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.22%

7. Brittany (11 votes [2.72%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.72%

8. Other (5 votes [1.24%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.24%

9. Everyone is staying in NY (1 votes [0.25%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.25%

10. No one goes to L.A., but at least one person goes somewhere else (6 votes [1.49%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.49%

11. Don't know (17 votes [4.21%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.21%

What do you think Season 6 is going to be in terms of the regulars?

1. They are all part of Rachel's TV show (7 votes [4.49%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.49%

2. Some of them are part of Rachel's show, the rest do something else in L.A. (25 votes [16.03%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.03%

3. Some of them are part of Rachel's show, but at least one stays in NY (25 votes [16.03%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.03%

4. Only Rachel does a TV show, the rest do something else in NY or L.A. (45 votes [28.85%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 28.85%

5. There is no TV show and they end up somewhere else (3 votes [1.92%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.92%

6. The season will be split into arcs, each being something different (33 votes [21.15%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 21.15%

7. Other (1 votes [0.64%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.64%

8. Don't know (17 votes [10.90%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.90%

How do you feel about the possibility of a "show-within-a-show" based on a glee club being the main plot of S6?

1. Love it, awesome idea! (6 votes [3.85%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.85%

2. I think it has potential (37 votes [23.72%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 23.72%

3. I'm apprehensive; it could be good or bad (59 votes [37.82%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 37.82%

4. I don't like the idea (23 votes [14.74%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.74%

5. Sounds like a disaster (26 votes [16.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

6. If this happens, I won't watch (2 votes [1.28%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.28%

7. Other (3 votes [1.92%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.92%

Vote

catfishkatie

catfishkatie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts

I suppose I just assumed the Ed Sullivan costumes were for Help!
But it would make more sense for a group number so it wouldn't just be 'the Fab 2'.

They very well could be! I just think it would be more fun to have 4 guys from ND doing a full on Beatles impression while in the suits. 

I like Blaine so it's no skin off my back if he gets another song :P

TwoCats

TwoCats

Unashamed Brian stan

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,795 posts
  • GFA '14: Most Original

Can someone remind me of the spoilers that have convinced them that VA and especially the Deaf Choir are involved. I think I understand why people are speculating about VA. (If someone could post/repost that spoiler pic on this thread, I'd love it, because somehow I missed it.) But, where is the Deaf Choir coming from? I'm not doubting anyone--I just figure I've missed something.

I fully agree with both the sentiment that speculation is fun, and that speculation is more fun if you're right.

The other great thing about speculation is that you are free to change your speculation based on new information. September 26 is a LONG way away. Who knows? By early September, we may all believe that Blaine/Sam go to Dalton for help, not for show choir funding (the rich kids at Dalton could care less about public school arts funding), but because Sebastian's dad is a lawyer (he said so once in the Lima Bean), and One Direction is suing the New Directions for stealing their name because fans are likely to confuse the two. (Actually, I think the New Directions came first, but why let facts get in the way of a good SL.) Sebastian sings "Fool on the Hill" to Blaine to not very nicely tell Blaine that, even with all that hair gel and getting to sing every other song, Blaine is not nearly as popular or rich as Harry Styles. Not to mention that Taylor Swift is WAY too tall for Blaine (she's 5'10" I think), but she'd be perfect for Seb if he wasn't gay.

Suzanne Warren

Suzanne Warren

swiiirl, swiirl

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,481 posts
  • GFA '13: Best Username

Can someone remind me of the spoilers that have convinced them that VA and especially the Deaf Choir are involved.

didnt it say in the All you need is love spoiler from gob that theyd be involved

BowtieBlaine

BowtieBlaine

i love u forever, my strange tiny doe-eyed pervert

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,392 posts
  • GFA '12: Biggest Character Stan
  • GFA '14: Biggest Blaine Stan

didnt it say in the All you need is love spoiler from gob that theyd be involved

Yes.

TwoCats

TwoCats

Unashamed Brian stan

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,795 posts

I thought I saw the "All You Need is Love" spoiler from GOBr, but could someone repost it?

As I said before, I'd also LOVE it if someone could post/repost the picture of the background singer sheet music for Help!.

BowtieBlaine

BowtieBlaine

i love u forever, my strange tiny doe-eyed pervert

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,392 posts
  • GFA '12: Biggest Character Stan
  • GFA '14: Biggest Blaine Stan

I thought I saw the "All You Need is Love" spoiler from GOBr, but could someone repost it?

As I said before, I'd also LOVE it if someone could post/repost the picture of the background singer sheet music for Help!.

Just go have a look in the spoilers only thread. It's not that hard.

AgeOfAquarius

AgeOfAquarius

Advanced Member

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,856 posts
  • GFA '13: Most (Glee) Knowledgeable
  • GFA '14: Most (Glee) Knowledgeable

I am so curious what Blaine's storyline in 501 is about. I think that arts funding spec is very plausible.  I don't think all those choirs are getting together because Blaine wants to propose to Kurt.  :lol:

I'm loving the songs they've chosen so far.  :)

Michaels

Michaels

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,852 posts

I think if Blaine proposes Kurt will say no, and then perhaps when Blaine moves to New York Kurt will propose instead.

ShamelessHussy

ShamelessHussy

Advanced Member

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,267 posts
  • GFA '13: Most Profound

I am so curious what Blaine's storyline in 501 is about. I think that arts funding spec is very plausible.  I don't think all those choirs are getting together because Blaine wants to propose to Kurt.   :lol:

I'm loving the songs they've chosen so far.   :)

This is a Beatles tribute.  In the Beatles movie Yellow Submarine, Blue Meanies (school board member and maybe Figgins) stop the music (show choir funding?) and the mayor sets in motion a plan to gather forces (Blam first asking the Warblers for Help!) to get the music back in Pepperland (Lima, Ohio).  In the end, the huge, gathered forces defeat the Blue Meanies to the song All You Need Is Love.  Hence there is the main plot and why Blaine is leading at least 2 group numbers.  

The Klaine duet is probably just fanservice because of the proposal cliff hanger.  (Which I think will be dropped for now.)  And because they are the last of Glee's 4 core ships still able to be in play.  Especially with the courtyard location, I'm not placing any meaning on Got To Get You In To My Life until proven otherwise.  It might be just a recruiting song  for new glee club members!   :ph34r:   Plus it gives titular leading man Kurt something to do other than be Rachel's personal cheerleader until they give him an arc.  Coming in future episodes with Adam Lambert......

KittyCat

KittyCat

Advanced Member

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,194 posts
  • GFA '14: Mod Spotlight

'Glee' this week filmed a small scene at a regular location in the Gym at Bernstein High School Hollywood . Ep.5.1 . pic.twitter.com/eyxWAfrcWR

BQ26BkqCAAI41NI.jpg

I am so curious about this secret shoot....

What could it be?

Is this school a totally new location or has it been used before last week?

What does it mean by regular location?

Which cast members were even available to shoot on August 4th?

I doubt it involved singing so it is probably a small scene.

Any chance it could be the audition scene with Ruby and Dottie?

What else is possible?

Edited by KittyCat, 10 August 2013 - 12:00 PM.

TwoCats

TwoCats

Unashamed Brian stan

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,795 posts

Just go have a look in the spoilers only thread. It's not that hard.

Fair enough. I had read the song spoilers thread but I went through it again. This time I found the link to GOBr (the only song source I trust at the moment) and found their mention of VA and the deaf choir. That means I don't really need the picture from the song sheet of the background singers (although the song in that pic was apparently Help, not All You Need is Love). I now have my confirmation of the various choirs participating--whatever songs they end up singing.

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you. It is a clear, sunny, day today here, with no trace of wind, so those "hazardous" weather conditions caused a 2-hour power outage.

This is a Beatles tribute.  In the Beatles movie Yellow Submarine, Blue Meanies (school board member and maybe Figgins) stop the music (show choir funding?) and the mayor sets in motion a plan to gather forces (Blam first asking the Warblers for Help!) to get the music back in Pepperland (Lima, Ohio).  In the end, the huge, gathered forces defeat the Blue Meanies to the song All You Need Is Love.  Hence there is the main plot and why Blaine is leading at least 2 group numbers.  

Thanks for pointing out that the source of some of the speculation is that at least the first episode is showing some signs of possibly following the plot of "Yellow Submarine." For some reason, I never got around to seeing that movie. The speculations make a lot more sense to me now.

Edited by TwoCats8989, 10 August 2013 - 12:32 PM.

AgeOfAquarius

AgeOfAquarius

Advanced Member

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,856 posts
  • GFA '13: Most (Glee) Knowledgeable
  • GFA '14: Most (Glee) Knowledgeable
I still don't know what to make of that small shoot Go For Location referred to. It doesn't make much sense with anything anybody from the cast or crew tweeted up to that point but I guess we'll see. As for the location, it's Helen Bernstein High School. Glee films there a lot. All the courtyard performances, some of the cafeteria scenes, the gym, have all been used.

ShamelessHussy

ShamelessHussy

Advanced Member

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,267 posts

'Glee' this week filmed a small scene at a regular location in the Gym at Bernstein High School Hollywood . Ep.5.1 . pic.twitter.com/eyxWAfrcWR

BQ26BkqCAAI41NI.jpg

What could it be?

What else is possible?

This school has been used regularly for Glee for years.  I believe they shoot both gym scenes and outdoor courtyard / steps scenes there.  

Sometimes TV and movies try set ups or do "tests" without the expensive regular cast there.  Chances are good that Joaquin and company were there in the gym for prep or tests for a scene to be filmed later.  My spec is, the All You Need Is Love scene with 4 choirs will be in the gym with more "students" in attendance, hence he was there doing some planning for this huge scene.  

TwoCats

TwoCats

Unashamed Brian stan

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,795 posts

BQ26BkqCAAI41NI.jpg

What could it be?

What else is possible?

I can answer some of your questions. This high school is the location of the outdoor stairs where they shoot big "courtyard" scenes, and Glee has also shot several episodes in its gym. So, it is a location that has been used many times--that's why it's called "regular."

About the same time, Joaquin tweeted that he was filming some "test shots" for Glee, but he did not mention that these "test shots" might be made on location.

Even though school is obviously out of session for the summer, the shooting at this school must have been either totally inside, and/or very small and low-key, or SOMEONE would have noticed.

As to which actors were available on Aug 4, I have no idea. There are some posters here who know that kind of thing, but not me. As far as I know, no actors/dancers/extras tweeted that they were filmiing for Glee on Aug 4.

If others know more, or have additions/corrections to what I have posted, please chime in.

Later note: AgeOfAquarius, ShamelessHussy and I must have been making our posts at exactly the same time. And, as far as I can see, my information basically agrees with theirs.

Edited by TwoCats8989, 10 August 2013 - 12:29 PM.

KittyCat

KittyCat

Advanced Member

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,194 posts

Thanks everyone for responding. I appreciate the insight.

Dalton Rappatoni

Dalton Rappatoni

how u

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 26,686 posts
  • GFA '12: Most Original
  • GFA '13: Most Perverted
All these Blaine songs and not one mention of a Bliggins serenade ;(

TwoCats

TwoCats

Unashamed Brian stan

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,795 posts

All these Blaine songs and not one mention of a Bliggins serenade ;(

Maybe in 5x02. I am hoping for Figgins singing "I am the Walrus" or "For the Benefit of Mr Kite"--although I would have expected "Mr Kite" at last week's carnival shoot. We didn't hear that Figgins was at the carnival shoot, but that doesn't mean he WASN'T there.

Rachel Hudson

Rachel Hudson

I love you, Cory.

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 34,965 posts
  • GFA '12: Biggest Shipper
  • GFA '13: Biggest Shipper
  • GFA '14: Best Writer

The Klaine duet is probably just fanservice because of the proposal cliff hanger.  (Which I think will be dropped for now.)  And because they are the last of Glee's 4 core ships still able to be in play.  Especially with the courtyard location, I'm not placing any meaning on Got To Get You In To My Life until proven otherwise.  It might be just a recruiting song  for new glee club members!   :ph34r:   Plus it gives titular leading man Kurt something to do other than be Rachel's personal cheerleader until they give him an arc.  Coming in future episodes with Adam Lambert......

They already kind of did the "cutting funding for arts" arc when Sue was running for congress....

ShamelessHussy

ShamelessHussy

Advanced Member

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,267 posts

They already kind of did the "cutting funding for arts" arc when Sue was running for congress....

Glee repeats story lines over and over again.  ALL long running TV shows do.  

Speaking of congress, remember way back when Mike O'Malley said Ryan told him to be available to film in July and we figured Burt Hummel would be in the season opener.  Well, it seems Murphy knew because he'd already written it.  So maybe they were going to invoke Congressman Hummel as well as Glee's best dad.  

Rory Flanagan

Rory Flanagan

Advanced Member

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,023 posts

Just randomly throwing this out there, but could the Ed Sullivan costumes be for 5x02? Darren mentioned getting fitted into one after 5x01 had already started filming. Wouldn't it make sense for them to be doing preproduction on 5x02 already?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Other Shows: Arrow | The Tomorrow People | Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | The Originals | The 100 | Star-Crossed | Bates Motel | Glee | Devious Maids