Photo

Season 5 General Spoilers Discussion - CLOSED 5/13/2014

• Please log in to reply
80428 replies to this topic

Poll: The finale and beyond (158 member(s) have cast votes)

Who is going to L.A. BY THE END of 5x20?

1. Rachel (137 votes [33.83%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 33.83%

2. Kurt (16 votes [3.95%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.95%

3. Blaine (61 votes [15.06%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.06%

4. Mercedes (59 votes [14.57%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.57%

5. Sam (79 votes [19.51%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 19.51%

6. Artie (13 votes [3.21%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.21%

7. Brittany (11 votes [2.72%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.72%

8. Other (5 votes [1.23%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.23%

9. Everyone is staying in NY (1 votes [0.25%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.25%

10. No one goes to L.A., but at least one person goes somewhere else (6 votes [1.48%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.48%

11. Don't know (17 votes [4.20%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.20%

What do you think Season 6 is going to be in terms of the regulars?

1. They are all part of Rachel's TV show (7 votes [4.46%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.46%

2. Some of them are part of Rachel's show, the rest do something else in L.A. (25 votes [15.92%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.92%

3. Some of them are part of Rachel's show, but at least one stays in NY (25 votes [15.92%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.92%

4. Only Rachel does a TV show, the rest do something else in NY or L.A. (45 votes [28.66%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 28.66%

5. There is no TV show and they end up somewhere else (4 votes [2.55%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.55%

6. The season will be split into arcs, each being something different (33 votes [21.02%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 21.02%

7. Other (1 votes [0.64%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.64%

8. Don't know (17 votes [10.83%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.83%

How do you feel about the possibility of a "show-within-a-show" based on a glee club being the main plot of S6?

1. Love it, awesome idea! (6 votes [3.82%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.82%

2. I think it has potential (37 votes [23.57%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 23.57%

3. I'm apprehensive; it could be good or bad (59 votes [37.58%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 37.58%

4. I don't like the idea (23 votes [14.65%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.65%

5. Sounds like a disaster (27 votes [17.20%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.20%

6. If this happens, I won't watch (2 votes [1.27%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.27%

7. Other (3 votes [1.91%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.91%

Vote Guests cannot vote

ShamelessHussy

ShamelessHussy

Advanced Member

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,988 posts
  • GFA '13: Most Profound

I am so curious what Blaine's storyline in 501 is about. I think that arts funding spec is very plausible.  I don't think all those choirs are getting together because Blaine wants to propose to Kurt.   :lol:

I'm loving the songs they've chosen so far.   :)

This is a Beatles tribute.  In the Beatles movie Yellow Submarine, Blue Meanies (school board member and maybe Figgins) stop the music (show choir funding?) and the mayor sets in motion a plan to gather forces (Blam first asking the Warblers for Help!) to get the music back in Pepperland (Lima, Ohio).  In the end, the huge, gathered forces defeat the Blue Meanies to the song All You Need Is Love.  Hence there is the main plot and why Blaine is leading at least 2 group numbers.  

The Klaine duet is probably just fanservice because of the proposal cliff hanger.  (Which I think will be dropped for now.)  And because they are the last of Glee's 4 core ships still able to be in play.  Especially with the courtyard location, I'm not placing any meaning on Got To Get You In To My Life until proven otherwise.  It might be just a recruiting song  for new glee club members!   :ph34r:   Plus it gives titular leading man Kurt something to do other than be Rachel's personal cheerleader until they give him an arc.  Coming in future episodes with Adam Lambert......

KittyCat

KittyCat

Advanced Member

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,000 posts
  • GFA '14: Mod Spotlight

'Glee' this week filmed a small scene at a regular location in the Gym at Bernstein High School Hollywood . Ep.5.1 . pic.twitter.com/eyxWAfrcWR

BQ26BkqCAAI41NI.jpg

I am so curious about this secret shoot....

What could it be?

Is this school a totally new location or has it been used before last week?

What does it mean by regular location?

Which cast members were even available to shoot on August 4th?

I doubt it involved singing so it is probably a small scene.

Any chance it could be the audition scene with Ruby and Dottie?

What else is possible?

Edited by KittyCat, 10 August 2013 - 12:06 PM.

TwoCats

TwoCats

Unashamed Brian stan

• GF Benefactor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,046 posts
  • GFA '14: Most Original

Just go have a look in the spoilers only thread. It's not that hard.

Fair enough. I had read the song spoilers thread but I went through it again. This time I found the link to GOBr (the only song source I trust at the moment) and found their mention of VA and the deaf choir. That means I don't really need the picture from the song sheet of the background singers (although the song in that pic was apparently Help, not All You Need is Love). I now have my confirmation of the various choirs participating--whatever songs they end up singing.

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you. It is a clear, sunny, day today here, with no trace of wind, so those "hazardous" weather conditions caused a 2-hour power outage.

This is a Beatles tribute.  In the Beatles movie Yellow Submarine, Blue Meanies (school board member and maybe Figgins) stop the music (show choir funding?) and the mayor sets in motion a plan to gather forces (Blam first asking the Warblers for Help!) to get the music back in Pepperland (Lima, Ohio).  In the end, the huge, gathered forces defeat the Blue Meanies to the song All You Need Is Love.  Hence there is the main plot and why Blaine is leading at least 2 group numbers.  

Thanks for pointing out that the source of some of the speculation is that at least the first episode is showing some signs of possibly following the plot of "Yellow Submarine." For some reason, I never got around to seeing that movie. The speculations make a lot more sense to me now.

Edited by TwoCats8989, 10 August 2013 - 12:38 PM.

AgeOfAquarius

AgeOfAquarius

Advanced Member

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,692 posts
  • GFA '13: Most (Glee) Knowledgeable
  • GFA '14: Most (Glee) Knowledgeable
I still don't know what to make of that small shoot Go For Location referred to. It doesn't make much sense with anything anybody from the cast or crew tweeted up to that point but I guess we'll see. As for the location, it's Helen Bernstein High School. Glee films there a lot. All the courtyard performances, some of the cafeteria scenes, the gym, have all been used.

ShamelessHussy

ShamelessHussy

Advanced Member

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,988 posts

'Glee' this week filmed a small scene at a regular location in the Gym at Bernstein High School Hollywood . Ep.5.1 . pic.twitter.com/eyxWAfrcWR

BQ26BkqCAAI41NI.jpg

What could it be?

What else is possible?

This school has been used regularly for Glee for years.  I believe they shoot both gym scenes and outdoor courtyard / steps scenes there.  

Sometimes TV and movies try set ups or do "tests" without the expensive regular cast there.  Chances are good that Joaquin and company were there in the gym for prep or tests for a scene to be filmed later.  My spec is, the All You Need Is Love scene with 4 choirs will be in the gym with more "students" in attendance, hence he was there doing some planning for this huge scene.  

TwoCats

TwoCats

Unashamed Brian stan

• GF Benefactor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,046 posts

BQ26BkqCAAI41NI.jpg

What could it be?

What else is possible?

I can answer some of your questions. This high school is the location of the outdoor stairs where they shoot big "courtyard" scenes, and Glee has also shot several episodes in its gym. So, it is a location that has been used many times--that's why it's called "regular."

About the same time, Joaquin tweeted that he was filming some "test shots" for Glee, but he did not mention that these "test shots" might be made on location.

Even though school is obviously out of session for the summer, the shooting at this school must have been either totally inside, and/or very small and low-key, or SOMEONE would have noticed.

As to which actors were available on Aug 4, I have no idea. There are some posters here who know that kind of thing, but not me. As far as I know, no actors/dancers/extras tweeted that they were filmiing for Glee on Aug 4.

If others know more, or have additions/corrections to what I have posted, please chime in.

Later note: AgeOfAquarius, ShamelessHussy and I must have been making our posts at exactly the same time. And, as far as I can see, my information basically agrees with theirs.

Edited by TwoCats8989, 10 August 2013 - 12:35 PM.

KittyCat

KittyCat

Advanced Member

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,000 posts

Thanks everyone for responding. I appreciate the insight.

Harmony

Harmony

piiiii NOOOOOOO nooOOOOIRRRR

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,727 posts
  • GFA '12: Most Original
  • GFA '13: Most Perverted
All these Blaine songs and not one mention of a Bliggins serenade ;(

TwoCats

TwoCats

Unashamed Brian stan

• GF Benefactor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,046 posts

All these Blaine songs and not one mention of a Bliggins serenade ;(

Maybe in 5x02. I am hoping for Figgins singing "I am the Walrus" or "For the Benefit of Mr Kite"--although I would have expected "Mr Kite" at last week's carnival shoot. We didn't hear that Figgins was at the carnival shoot, but that doesn't mean he WASN'T there.

Rachel Hudson

Rachel Hudson

<3 Finchel <3

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 37,269 posts
  • GFA '12: Biggest Shipper
  • GFA '13: Biggest Shipper
  • GFA '14: Best Writer
  • GFA '15: Best Writer/Roleplayer

The Klaine duet is probably just fanservice because of the proposal cliff hanger.  (Which I think will be dropped for now.)  And because they are the last of Glee's 4 core ships still able to be in play.  Especially with the courtyard location, I'm not placing any meaning on Got To Get You In To My Life until proven otherwise.  It might be just a recruiting song  for new glee club members!   :ph34r:   Plus it gives titular leading man Kurt something to do other than be Rachel's personal cheerleader until they give him an arc.  Coming in future episodes with Adam Lambert......

They already kind of did the "cutting funding for arts" arc when Sue was running for congress....

ShamelessHussy

ShamelessHussy

Advanced Member

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,988 posts

They already kind of did the "cutting funding for arts" arc when Sue was running for congress....

Glee repeats story lines over and over again.  ALL long running TV shows do.  

Speaking of congress, remember way back when Mike O'Malley said Ryan told him to be available to film in July and we figured Burt Hummel would be in the season opener.  Well, it seems Murphy knew because he'd already written it.  So maybe they were going to invoke Congressman Hummel as well as Glee's best dad.  

Brody Weston

Brody Weston

Advanced Member

• GF Benefactor
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,478 posts
  • GFA '15: Biggest Crackshipper

Just randomly throwing this out there, but could the Ed Sullivan costumes be for 5x02? Darren mentioned getting fitted into one after 5x01 had already started filming. Wouldn't it make sense for them to be doing preproduction on 5x02 already?

bothofus

bothofus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts

so monday Dalton (certainly help ?),

tuesday downtowns Million Dollar Theatre place they film DSB last season so funny girl ?,

wednersday ? Bernstein High School Hollywood court yard duet ?

I'm curious where will take place AYNIL Dalton too, with all those choir group no way nobody tweet when it will be film.

Leffe

Leffe

It's my kryptonite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,041 posts

So many things and I had so much to say but after reading about 30 pages of this thread all I can think of saying is..

BLEE.gif

Blaine-HaterstotheLeft.gif

Maybe in 5x02. I am hoping for Figgins singing "I am the Walrus" or "For the Benefit of Mr Kite"--although I would have expected "Mr Kite" at last week's carnival shoot. We didn't hear that Figgins was at the carnival shoot, but that doesn't mean he WASN'T there.

Figgins solo to "I am the Walrus". I didn't know I needed this. It's perfect. Please Glee ;( ;(

When it comes to song. It's three songs left.

Gi said Rachel would sing more if I understand it correctly. She also said there would be more of Blaine.

Naya said she was going to sing (although that could be for 502?) and Amber apparently said she was singing? I don't think I've seen a spoiler for this but I've seen people saying it.

When it comes to Becca the tweet said it was in her lower register and "You've Got To Hide Your Love Away" is. I don't know if I would call it loud but I don't think she will be singing more :(

Sam recorded (as spoiled by tweets) and then "the boys" was in studie another day. So I think we will get a boys number where Blaine is included and probably Sam as well. They could make it all the boys left in the ND as that would only be Blaine, Sam, Artie and Jake or they could include Ryder as well.

Chris was also in studio but this could be only the Klaine duet but if we have Kurt, Santana and Rachel in NY together for some of the episode that could be the next Rachel song also being the song that Naya/Santana would sing on.

Three songs. One being "the boys" that will account for probably.

Rachel will sing, Santana will sing, Mercedes will sing?

And there is really not one song that will feature only the ND?

Yes I think I confused myself enough now... sorry for my ramblings, doesn't make much sense but... hey it's Glee :ph34r:

Edited by Leffe, 10 August 2013 - 02:04 PM.

langslow

langslow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Just randomly throwing this out there, but could the Ed Sullivan costumes be for 5x02? Darren mentioned getting fitted into one after 5x01 had already started filming. Wouldn't it make sense for them to be doing preproduction on 5x02 already?

They seem to be doing early Beatles in 5x1, and probably later Beatles in 5x02. Ed Sullivan is early Beatles, so probably for the opening episode.

They could be filming both episodes together, but so far it doesn't seem to be the case.

Edited by langslow, 10 August 2013 - 02:27 PM.

Jinkx Monsoon

Jinkx Monsoon

no tea, no shade, no pink lemonade

• GF Benefactor
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,110 posts
  • GFA '13: Most Articulate
  • GFA '15: Funniest
I initially thought that Naya was singing a Beatles solo, for the sole fact that I don't think she would mention it if she were sharing the song with other people. Don't ask me why.

But I know I think that whatever she's singing is also Lea's second song.

ShamelessHussy

ShamelessHussy

Advanced Member

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,988 posts

Just puttin' it out there again.  The suits from the Ed Sullivan show sounds to me like 4 guys are going to be the Fab Four for one number.  I'd say that does sound like 5x01 'cause they have 4 guys if you don't include Ryder (quit) and Joe.  We know a lot of boys, including Kevin recorded.  So I expect a Blaine, Sam, Jake and Artie do The Beatles number.  (Unless Ryder rejoins this quickly and it's him as the fourth, not Artie.   :huh: )

But it's not the suits that are important in that fantasy.  It's the hair!  Long haired beatniks from across the pond!  I need to see all of them in dark mop top wigs!   :P   :wub:   :lol:    

msunshne

msunshne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,976 posts

So what were the matching polo shirts for?  

Rachel Berry

Rachel Berry

Rise, shine and have a cup of coffee with me!

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 33,846 posts
  • GFA '12: Most Articulate
  • GFA '13: Smartest
  • GFA '14: Best Debater
  • GFA '15: Best Debater

What we haven't really discussed yet: If 5x01 is early Beatles and 5x02 is later Beatles, and 5x01 has a "rallying the show choirs" story with Blaine at the center -- do we think the original conflict will be resolved at the end of 5x01 already (what has been said about "All You Need Is Love" in Yellow Submarine goes in that direction) and there is a new Beatles-inspired story in 5x02 with another character at the center (and an increased number of songs) or should we expect a continuation of what goes on in 5x01, with or without heavy Blaine focus.

StillCookin

StillCookin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,252 posts

They seem to be doing early Beatles in 5x1, and probably later Beatles in 5x02. Ed Sullivan is early Beatles, so probably for the opening episode.

Is that fact or speculation though? They could be doing a mix of early Beatles and late Beatles for episode 2 (and for episode 1, for that matter). We won't know until we know every single song. Considering how many songs they need to fit in, it does make sense that at least some of these songs are for episode 2.
My current guess is the Ed Sullivan song is either the last Blaine number for 5x01 (probably a boys number) or it's for 5x02.
I think Naya's song is for 5x02.

What we haven't really discussed yet: If 5x01 is early Beatles and 5x02 is later Beatles, and 5x01 has a "rallying the show choirs" story with Blaine at the center -- do we think the original conflict will be resolved at the end of 5x01 already (what has been said about "All You Need Is Love" in Yellow Submarine goes in that direction) and there is a new Beatles-inspired story in 5x02 with another character at the center (and an increased number of songs) or should we expect a continuation of what goes on in 5x01, with or without heavy Blaine focus.

Just so I'm clear on this... Is the entire premise behind this "rallying the show choirs" based on the idea that Glee will be using the basic storyline from Yellow Submarine? Because honestly, I just don't see it. I don't think enough viewers would make that connection to make the payoff rewarding. It would also pretty much halt most story lines on their tracks in favor of a story that will seem very random to most of the audience. Not to mention, if they actually tried to get it done within one episode (as suggested), they will never have enough time to establish the story and fit in all the songs.
I guess my basic point is I don't see why this theory is getting such traction here, because it seems far fetched to me.

Edited by StillCookin, 10 August 2013 - 03:01 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)