Photo

Season 5 General Spoilers Discussion - CLOSED 5/13/2014

• Please log in to reply
80428 replies to this topic

Poll: The finale and beyond (158 member(s) have cast votes)

Who is going to L.A. BY THE END of 5x20?

1. Rachel (137 votes [33.83%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 33.83%

2. Kurt (16 votes [3.95%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.95%

3. Blaine (61 votes [15.06%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.06%

4. Mercedes (59 votes [14.57%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.57%

5. Sam (79 votes [19.51%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 19.51%

6. Artie (13 votes [3.21%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.21%

7. Brittany (11 votes [2.72%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.72%

8. Other (5 votes [1.23%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.23%

9. Everyone is staying in NY (1 votes [0.25%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.25%

10. No one goes to L.A., but at least one person goes somewhere else (6 votes [1.48%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.48%

11. Don't know (17 votes [4.20%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.20%

What do you think Season 6 is going to be in terms of the regulars?

1. They are all part of Rachel's TV show (7 votes [4.46%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.46%

2. Some of them are part of Rachel's show, the rest do something else in L.A. (25 votes [15.92%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.92%

3. Some of them are part of Rachel's show, but at least one stays in NY (25 votes [15.92%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.92%

4. Only Rachel does a TV show, the rest do something else in NY or L.A. (45 votes [28.66%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 28.66%

5. There is no TV show and they end up somewhere else (4 votes [2.55%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.55%

6. The season will be split into arcs, each being something different (33 votes [21.02%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 21.02%

7. Other (1 votes [0.64%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.64%

8. Don't know (17 votes [10.83%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.83%

How do you feel about the possibility of a "show-within-a-show" based on a glee club being the main plot of S6?

1. Love it, awesome idea! (6 votes [3.82%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.82%

2. I think it has potential (37 votes [23.57%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 23.57%

3. I'm apprehensive; it could be good or bad (59 votes [37.58%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 37.58%

4. I don't like the idea (23 votes [14.65%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.65%

5. Sounds like a disaster (27 votes [17.20%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.20%

6. If this happens, I won't watch (2 votes [1.27%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.27%

7. Other (3 votes [1.91%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.91%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Outcast

Outcast

bitch never left but I'm back at it

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,934 posts
  • GFA '13: Best Writer
  • GFA '14: Biggest Mercedes Stan
So if this is indeed Ruby...

tumblr_msp48gicOs1shg6yqo1_1280.jpg

...this picture tells us a couple of things. (Sorry if any of this has been discussed)

1. The only people driving the cars are New Directions members - and Ruby. Has she joined by this point in episode one or is she a friend of someone's?

2. Nobody recognises her so she's unlikely to be a big name, which increases her chances of sticking around. Hopefully she's an experienced, talented performer like Melissa and Becca.

3. Her casting hasn't been announced. Last year, Jake and Dean got promo interviews when they were cast, and Melissa and Becca merely got press releases, but we have heard nothing of Ruby. So I think casting news, unless it's a big name like Demi or Adam, will be scarce until the tribute is out of the way.

As for the Abraham speculation - could he be playing the cute, dancing, singing male Glee club member?

(I'd also like to thank Bee for his spoilers only posts, it made the promo still much easier to find)

Moni

Moni

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,653 posts

So I don't know what Kevin was doing in the studio tonight but this is what went down (I don't know what episode this is for so I'm putting it here). :) I think Kevin may have just finished in the studio about 10:30 since that's when he sent the tweet responding to Alex.  Luke is one of the studio singers (and also a former Warbler).

@druidDUDE Aaaaaaaaaooooooohhhhh!!!!

@alxanders eeeeeeexactly. Voice. Gone.

does this mean what i think it does? muahah RT @alxanders: @druidDUDE Aaaaaaaaaooooooohhhhh!!!!

@LukeEdgemon @alxanders I HATE U LUKE. U dont even know. I feel like it's a joke that I even have to attempt this shit

My first thought went to this:

Knope

Knope

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts

I don't think that's Ruby. That actress has been playing a Cheerio for a while now. 

Here's some casting videos for "Kyle".

vimeo.com/73973314

vimeo.com/73944314

vimeo.com/73799851

They all read the same two scenes. The Marley/Jake one from 402 and the Hunter/Blaine one from 407.

Edited by Knope, 07 September 2013 - 03:38 AM.

Hermione Granger

Hermione Granger

sammy bb

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,648 posts
  • GFA '14: Biggest Quinn Stan

...this picture tells us a couple of things. (Sorry if any of this has been discussed)

1. The only people driving the cars are New Directions members - and Ruby. Has she joined by this point in episode one or is she a friend of someone's?

2. Nobody recognises her so she's unlikely to be a big name, which increases her chances of sticking around. Hopefully she's an experienced, talented performer like Melissa and Becca.

3. Her casting hasn't been announced. Last year, Jake and Dean got promo interviews when they were cast, and Melissa and Becca merely got press releases, but we have heard nothing of Ruby. So I think casting news, unless it's a big name like Demi or Adam, will be scarce until the tribute is out of the way.

As for the Abraham speculation - could he be playing the cute, dancing, singing male Glee club member?

(I'd also like to thank Bee for his spoilers only posts, it made the promo still much easier to find)

I'm still on the fence about the Abraham stuff.

Robert's tweet didn't give me the impression that he booked a Glee role for some reason, and I wouldn't have even considered it were not for Abraham's ensuring reaction. Maybe I might be looking at this from a bias perspective (I'm not much of an Abraham fan, honestly), but I need a little proof before I reach a conclusion.

Also, why would Glee "be looking for" - which implies a casting call - a new recurring male star if they were planning on hiring Abraham? I don't think he would be chosen through the usual casting process, and I feel like any role he would get on the show would be personally created for him. Perhaps a guest role is a possibility?

I don't think that's Ruby. That actress has been playing a Cheerio for a while now. 

vimeo.com/73973314

vimeo.com/73944314

vimeo.com/73799851

They all read the same two scenes. The Marley/Jake one from 402 and the Hunter/Blaine one from 407.

Wait... who's Kyle? Have we heard anything about this before?

Though if he's reading old scenes, I assume he's not major.

Cathy Hiatt

Cathy Hiatt

Mrs. Jamie Wellerstein

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,926 posts
  • GFA '13: Most Positive
  • GFA '14: Biggest Tina Stan

Ok, so this wetpaint article, I'm posting it with a major grain of salt. Not that they're completely unreliable, they've been decent in the past, but just that I don't know what their sources are. Only linking it because it's mostly stuff we know already, but there's a couple specifics included in it that are new/possible confirmation? But like I don't know how much to take from it as truth.

http://www.wetpaint....w-tina-diamonds

They state that Tina getting "carrie'd" is nothing more than the usual slushie to the face when she's announced winner. Taking this with a grain of salt because I don't know why anyone would describe that as being carrie'd other than it being at prom, so i don't really know on this one, but it's a very specific thing for them to announce, and if I recall they're a source that doesn't normally post incorrect information, but someone can correct me on that if i'm wrong.

the other thing i found interesting in the article was that, after linking back to their post with the album tracklist, meaning they're aware revolution is not on it, they still listed revolution as a song in the episode, but again, taking this with a huge grain of salt because it's incredibly likely they got their information on tumblr and haven't thought anything of it that it wasn't on the album tracklist and just assume its still in the episode.

so yeah i'm not 100% sure where they got their info on this, but they only reason i'm paying it any mind is because they've been at least somewhat reliable in the past.

Outcast

Outcast

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,934 posts

She has? I still think it's interesting she seems to be the only non-New Directions member on the ride.

Is Kyle the cute new male performer in ND then?

Bubba

Bubba

Read my lips because we know you can't read words.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 823 posts

for whatever reason, Melissa and Alex do not look pleased to be in the bumper cars. Is that acting or is it not acting? 

Rachel Berry

Rachel Berry

Rise, shine and have a cup of coffee with me!

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 33,845 posts
  • GFA '12: Most Articulate
  • GFA '13: Smartest
  • GFA '14: Best Debater
  • GFA '15: Best Debater

Wetpaint are usually just collecting spoilers the way we do and put their own twist on them. There are exceptions, when they get an original quote by an actor for instance, but I only remember a couple of instances when this has happened. In addition, they are often not very original/good at speculation, which I believe is true for this article as well.

The official episode description states that Tina is alienating her biggest supporters. This strongly suggests that one of those biggest supporters will be behind the Carrie attack. The Wetpaint article flatly identifies Tina's biggest supporters as the glee club, but I don't think it's likely anyone of them would be involved in the attack, in particular as they react to it with Hey Jude. Our pointing towards Dottie is probably more on the mark. Not saying Tina won't rub feathers in the glee club club as well (they still might make the Yoko Ono connection in this context), but her biggest supporter looks likely to be Dottie, just going by past characterization. A simple slushie is of course possible, but for now I would consider this as just speculation.

As regards "Revolution", it appears to me that they just reiterated the GOBr spoiler and probably didn't even notice that the song was not on the official tracklist for the album they linked back to.

vimeo.com/73973314

vimeo.com/73944314

vimeo.com/73799851

Kyle could be the "new high school star" that was spoiled by E! on August 29:

Glee is currently looking for a new high school star that will be a major recurring role. As always, this new man will be an excellent singer and dancer and most likely super cute. New glee club member on the way?

Letting the actors play an old Jake/Marley scene is no real indication for the importance of this character. Wether Kyle is the new high school star or not, neither one should be expected to appear before 5x04. We don't even know at this point whether RIB have finished the writing of 5x04, so it wouldnt be surprising if there wasn't any dialog for this character available yet, unlike the casting videos for characters such as Ruby, Penny or Henry, where the dialog was apparently written back in May because they are/were supposed to appear in 5x01/5x02 already.

Cylelle

Cylelle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,084 posts

So Chord was in the studio today..Wouldn't it have to be for episode 503 then? :)

Perhaps. If so further discussion should go in the appropriate thread.

I guess we're quite sure they're not recording for 5x04 yet, what with the small break in filming and all?

I still think it's possible (indeed likely) that they may have begun recording for 5.04 even if the script isn't completely finalised yet.  There are definite indications of post 5.03 activity.  We've already been told one song that's coming and these latest auditions seem to be for a new cast member that won't be introduced until 5.04 at the earliest.  Also remember that music clearances can take some time as well as all the prep work required for recording the actual tracks even before the actors do their vocals.  If they've got a basic idea of what's required storywise for 5.04 and which singers will be featured, they could already have a songlist they're working to for that episode.

So I think that Demi, Chord and Kevin may indeed all have been working on songs for 5.04 already.  As to what Kevin was singing, my first thought went to that song we've already had spoiled and having just listened to it for the first time, I'm wondering... maybe he's been asked to do some of the sound effects/backing vocals on "Roar".

TwoCats

TwoCats

Unashamed Brian stan

• GF Benefactor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,046 posts
  • GFA '14: Most Original

Heck, I think many of us have been thinking that the "Carrie moment" in 5x02 is probably a slushie, since pig's blood (or anything similarly bad) isn't really Glee's style. However, as Glee fans know, there are many types of slushies. Spoilers have told us already that Tina is slushied. But, many slushie attacks are anything but "tame," especially if the slushie is red. The "tamer" description of the slushie in the WetPaint spoiler sounds like speculation to me. I guess a slushie could be considered "tame" compared to pig's blood, but slushies are no fun, expecially with everything slushies represent to members of the Glee Club, particularly for someone like Tina who was there from the beginning, when things were at their worst. 

Edited by TwoCats8989, 07 September 2013 - 06:04 AM.

Stringfellow

Stringfellow

Alfie forgives but never forgets.

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,252 posts
  • GFA '13: Mod Spotlight

Unless Abraham got a bit part in one of the first 3 episodes -I'm not sure Robert's tweet had to do with Glee.  If Harry is correct and the producers are still working on the script for 5x04 -then Robert really doesn't have a script to cast for any minor characters.

Now IF the producers have a particular character breakdown of a major recurring character for Robert to look for -then it's possible.  But at this point, I'm not positive that Abraham's retweet was just another way to put it out there in the universe that he is still trying to get on Glee.

5x04 was always the episode that I saw the producers working on building New Directions roster.  "Kyle" is probably one of those characters to fill a seat -possibly Ruby.  It isn't looking good for Joe Hart at the moment -so it's highly likely that his is another chair to fill.

Marley Puckerman

Marley Puckerman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts

for whatever reason, Melissa and Alex do not look pleased to be in the bumper cars. Is that acting or is it not acting? 

OMG, I just noticed that. Melissa has one of those "I don't like this but I'm gonna try to have this fake little smile that doesn't look real" faces, Alex just looks plain pissed off.  :P

redshoes

redshoes

Advanced Member

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,536 posts
  • GFA '13: Mod Spotlight

She has? I still think it's interesting she seems to be the only non-New Directions member on the ride.

Is Kyle the cute new male performer in ND then?

There's nothing to indicate that she's the only non New Directions member on the ride.  She's just the only one in the picture.

If this picture were cut slightly to the right, we might also believe that there are no non New Directions members on this, either, but we know that's not true.

tumblr_msp48gicOs1shg6yqo2_1280.jpg

I'm pretty sure that Cheerio is just a standard extra.

My main question is to whether or not this carnival actually takes place at/during school, since they are all in the same outfits from school.  It seems weird that they wouldn't use that as a wardrobe change opportunity if the carnival was at night, but who knows.

Beck

Beck

distracting me

• GF Benefactor
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,949 posts
  • GFA '13: Best Username

btw this is late but i really dont think abraham is talking about glee with his job that he booked. it seems like a bit of a stretch to me timeline wise and the retweet is just abrahams way of promoting himself because he wants to be on glee. hes been retweeting similar things since the show ended 

as for the cheerio in the bumper car, shes been an extra in scenes before, i think its just a cheerio

ShamelessHussy

ShamelessHussy

Advanced Member

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,988 posts
  • GFA '13: Most Profound

Break my heart, why don't cha?  Could this girl possibly have auditioned for and gotten the Ruby role?  

Outcast

Outcast

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,934 posts

There's nothing to indicate that she's the only non New Directions member on the ride.  She's just the only one in the picture.

If this picture were cut slightly to the right, we might also believe that there are no non New Directions members on this, either, but we know that's not true.

But we have other videos and pictures and she's the only non-ND member so far.

CatfishKara Zor-El

CatfishKara Zor-El

Advanced Member

• GF Benefactor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts
  • GFA '15: Mod Spotlight

tumblr_msp48gicOs1shg6yqo2_1280.jpg

I'm pretty sure that Cheerio is just a standard extra.

My main question is to whether or not this carnival actually takes place at/during school, since they are all in the same outfits from school.  It seems weird that they wouldn't use that as a wardrobe change opportunity if the carnival was at night, but who knows.

Probably a dumb question, but they are REALLY spinning in the picture, right? LOL. Tina's hair looks wind blown and so does Ryder's. Also Unique's scarf and shirt is blowing too. 

As far as this Kyle guy being cast in ND, I think it's great don't get me wrong. They do NEED new people if they are going to continue following this sophomore group. But, I'm hoping he is just a minor new guy added. Because, what exactly is their intention with Jake? At the moment, he has little to no development. He desperately needs some attention this season and IMO it's the reason Jarley feels lacking and lopsided as a couple. I would have thought they would want to give Jake some more focus instead of finding another cute new hottie who can sing and dance to create SL's for?? 

And I agree about Samuel. I think he's done with Glee. Maybe they will use him for Nationals, but I'm doubting it at this point.

Edited by catfishkatie, 07 September 2013 - 08:04 AM.

TwoCats

TwoCats

Unashamed Brian stan

• GF Benefactor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,046 posts
  • GFA '14: Most Original

Probably a dumb question, but they are REALLY spinning in the picture, right? LOL. Tina's hair looks wind blown and so does Ryder's. Also Unique's scarf and shirt is blowing too. 

It sure looks to me as if they are really spinning. I'm just hoping for the actors' sake that they didn't do very many takes. :lol:

Bubba

Bubba

Read my lips because we know you can't read words.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 823 posts

If you look at the top left corner of the photo, you can see that they are in fact spinning. It's just the photo. The photographer used a fast shutter speed, so that everything would come out clear.

CatfishKara Zor-El

CatfishKara Zor-El

Advanced Member

• GF Benefactor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts
  • GFA '15: Mod Spotlight

If you look at the top left corner of the photo, you can see that they are in fact spinning. It's just the photo. The photographer used a fast shutter speed, so that everything would come out clear.

Yep! You're right! good job!

Still wondering where Jarley is? I would have thought they would be next to Unique instead of those randoms so they could be included in the shot. There is another picture of the group before they start the ride. Jarley's not in that picture either. I'm thinking Jacob and Melissa got a free pass and didn't have to ride!  :lol:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)