Other Shows: Arrow . The Tomorrow People . Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. . The Originals . The 100 . Star-Crossed . Bates Motel . Devious Maids
Photo

Song played right after "Locked out of Heaven"?

23 replies to this topic

zaccor

zaccor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

As soon as "Locked out of Heaven" ended, a dance/europop song started to play and it played as Kitty/Puck were dancing/talking. Does anyone know the title/artist? I tried Shazam, SoundHound, and plugging the lyrics into google, but got nothing. Lyrics were something like "days like this...cause my skin is sunkissed...all night long we gonna party till dawn...etc"

Thanks for the help.

AnnaSophia

AnnaSophia

fearlessly and forever...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,656 posts
I have the same problem with the song after "No Scrubs"

AgeOfAquarius

AgeOfAquarius

Advanced Member

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,562 posts
  • GFA '13: Most (Glee) Knowledgeable
  • GFA '14: Most (Glee) Knowledgeable
I don't know what the song is after Locked Out of Heaven, but the scene where Marley and Jake are talking after No Scrubs, there are two songs. The first one is Ian Axel's "Girl I Got a Thing".

The song after that is Simple Minds' Alive and Kicking.

Blaine Anderson

Blaine Anderson

That's Christmas to DC

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,716 posts
I suspect that the song played during the Kitty/Puck conversation is one that hasn't been released. I got more of the lyrics via closed captioning and listening, but I didn't get hits on Google or Bing. I also looked on a couple of lyrics sites and couldn't find it. It's most likely incidental music like they use in sneak peeks and behind the scenes, so we won't be able to find it.

Oh, and thanks to AOA for bringing over the other songs I heard from the "Things You Noticed" thread. The Simple Minds was great!

AgeOfAquarius

AgeOfAquarius

Advanced Member

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,562 posts
  • GFA '13: Most (Glee) Knowledgeable
  • GFA '14: Most (Glee) Knowledgeable
I love that Simple Minds song. LOVE it! The Ian Axel song is great too. :)

AnnaSophia

AnnaSophia

fearlessly and forever...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,656 posts
Thank you,Stacey :*.Songs are awesome :)

zaccor

zaccor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
Must not be released, though I think whoever made it would want to benefit from its exposure on the show! Oh well maybe it will come out soon.

Kurtofksy

Kurtofksy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts
Is this the song?

Kurtofksy

Kurtofksy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts
nope that's not the song.

Here is a part of the song

I'm like a, like an orange soda cause my skin is sun kissed Everybody bust to the right, now....
Makes the boys say hello on this P A R T Y
All night long we gon party till dawn

sources only list 3 songs used in the background

Background Songs
  • Changing Colours by Paper Crows
  • Girl I Got A Thing by Ian Axel
  • Alive and Kicking by Simple Minds

niceguy1

niceguy1

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I've been trying to track this down for days now, and I'm getting nowhere! I'm feeling forced towards the conclusion that this is indeed unreleased, maybe a song put together by the behind-the-scenes staff on Glee or something. It's strange, since it seems fully produced. To me it sounded a LOT like Carly Rae Jepsen's This Kiss, but I checked and that's not it.

It's just unusual to be getting nowhere with so many lyrics to go on, which I got from the closed captioning:

Before Kitty starts speaking:
...for days like this
I'm like a, like an orange soda
'Cause my skin is sun-kissed
Everybody bust to the right, now...

After Kitty and Puck run off:
Makes the boys say "Hello"
On this P-A-R-T-Y
All night long, we gon' party till dawn

Trying to Google it, many results would actually fill in the words I didn't type, but following those links the sites reported not being able to find any songs with those lyrics! Make up your minds! Turns out the sites findmeatune, mp3fusion and filestube suck, they pull Bait And Switches. When I filtered those out, I mostly got some online clipboard tool filled with the subtitles made from the closed captioning of this very episode, LOL! I also found a Glee Vietnam page where after trying again and again, I found a post where someone quoted the lyrics asking what this is also. *groan*

As for the background songs listed here, I already had identified the Ian Axel and Simple Minds songs, so I checked Paper Crows, not the right song either.

What is UP with this song?

Kitty-cat22

Kitty-cat22

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have wanted to know this song since I first saw the episode and I'm still really sad that no one has found it yet or it hasn't been released or whatever but I read somewhere that it was by the people who did this is the new year (I can't remember their name right now) but I'm not sure how true that is because no one has found it yet but if anyone has more free time than me you could check out their songs if you want even though I'm fairly sure it wouldn't be them otherwise it probably would have come up on YouTube

Blaine Anderson

Blaine Anderson

That's Christmas to DC

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,716 posts

I have wanted to know this song since I first saw the episode and I'm still really sad that no one has found it yet or it hasn't been released or whatever but I read somewhere that it was by the people who did this is the new year (I can't remember their name right now) but I'm not sure how true that is because no one has found it yet but if anyone has more free time than me you could check out their songs if you want even though I'm fairly sure it wouldn't be them otherwise it probably would have come up on YouTube

The A Great Big World song was the peppy one during the Jarley scene. We still haven't identified the song during the Kitty/Puck scene, sorry.

Noah Puckerman

Noah Puckerman

The Money Maker

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,935 posts
  • From the Top: Member Since 2009

I've been trying to track this down for days now, and I'm getting nowhere! I'm feeling forced towards the conclusion that this is indeed unreleased, maybe a song put together by the behind-the-scenes staff on Glee or something. It's strange, since it seems fully produced. To me it sounded a LOT like Carly Rae Jepsen's This Kiss, but I checked and that's not it.

It's just unusual to be getting nowhere with so many lyrics to go on, which I got from the closed captioning:

Before Kitty starts speaking:
...for days like this
I'm like a, like an orange soda
'Cause my skin is sun-kissed
Everybody bust to the right, now...

After Kitty and Puck run off:
Makes the boys say "Hello"
On this P-A-R-T-Y
All night long, we gon' party till dawn

Trying to Google it, many results would actually fill in the words I didn't type, but following those links the sites reported not being able to find any songs with those lyrics! Make up your minds! Turns out the sites findmeatune, mp3fusion and filestube suck, they pull Bait And Switches. When I filtered those out, I mostly got some online clipboard tool filled with the subtitles made from the closed captioning of this very episode, LOL! I also found a Glee Vietnam page where after trying again and again, I found a post where someone quoted the lyrics asking what this is also. *groan*

As for the background songs listed here, I already had identified the Ian Axel and Simple Minds songs, so I checked Paper Crows, not the right song either.

What is UP with this song?

I searched the lyrics you posted there and the top result was this thread :| Maybe it's production music? Tweet Ryan?

Kurtofksy

Kurtofksy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

I searched the lyrics you posted there and the top result was this thread Maybe it's production music? Tweet Ryan?

he didn't reply to my tweet

Oh snap! I don't have a witty tapatalk signature!

niceguy1

niceguy1

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I had previously managed to find A Great Big World's YouTube account, when I was looking for a video for This Is The New Year, so I checked their posted videos, they have 3 other songs posted: Rockstar, You'll Be Okay, and There Is An Answer. It's none of those. This seemed promising too, their video for New Year shows some girls as possibly being in the group, and this mystery song has a female singer. Also apparently one of the guys is Ian Axel, and they used one of his songs as ANOTHER background song in this episode. So, as I said, promising. D'oh!

This is really bugging me now! LOL!

Brianjgarcia

Brianjgarcia

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I know!!!!

zaccor

zaccor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
I actually got a reply back from Fox, who said "the song that played in Sadie Hawkins is “ The 305” by Rae. - ASKFOX" but when I searched for this song, that wasn't it. What's the deal?

onepostwonder

onepostwonder

• Pip
  • 1 posts
0:18 and 1:25 in particular sound familiar, zaccor? :3 They told you the correct answer -- the Glee version is just remixed to be different (1:25 is -before- 0:18 in the Glee version).

Looks like the same artist released two versions of that song, as well. So you probably found the incorrect version in your search. Bright side, now we know what the song is!

bmonville

bmonville

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Here's the song right after Locked Out of Heaven. Just found it on Glee Wiki

zaccor

zaccor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
Glad we finally found it! I only looked at the first version and didn't see the correct one.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Other Shows: Arrow | The Tomorrow People | Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | The Originals | The 100 | Star-Crossed | Bates Motel | Glee | Devious Maids