Other Shows: Arrow . The Tomorrow People . Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. . The Originals . The 100 . Star-Crossed . Bates Motel . Devious Maids
Photo

Spoilers Only for 5x03 - "The Quarterback"

49 replies to this topic

Rachel Berry

Rachel Berry

Rise, shine and have a cup of coffee with me!

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 32,557 posts
  • GFA '12: Most Articulate
  • GFA '13: Smartest
  • GFA '14: Best Singer

This is a Spoilers Only thread for Glee's episode 5x03, the tribute episode to Cory Monteith called "The Quarterback". It will feature a plot dealing with the passing of Finn Hudson and address Cory's RL fate in some manner.

A great many rumors are circulating about this episode on websites, many of them clearly speculation or just made-up. Please only post here spoilers that can be directly traced to identifiable people representing the show or that come from generally reliable sources.

The collected information will include everything that might allow for conclusions on this particular episode, including the presence of actors on the set on a given day.

Spoilers should be posted in chronological order as they appear in public and be marked with the relevant date.

Please don't post comments on these spoilers in this thread but use the episode-specific spoiler discussion thread instead:

http://www.gleeforum...ler-discussion/

Saturday, July 20th, 2013:

(interviews with Ryan on Cory's death and the consequences for Glee:)

Cory Monteith Death: 'Glee' Co-Creator Ryan Murphy on Tragedy, Tribute

"When you're faced with something so sad and so shocking, what do you do?" asked the series' co-creator.

In the wake of Cory Monteith's tragic passing, Glee co-creator Ryan Murphy has struggled with how to move forward.

Describing Monteith as an “older son,” he acknowledges that he and his fellow producers, along with Lea Michele, Monteith’s co-star and real-life girlfriend, have had to discuss all of their options.

“When you’re faced with something so sad and so shocking, what do you do? Do we cancel the show? Do we start shooting in January? What do we do?” he says in an interview with The Hollywood Reporter. “Ultimately, we decided the best thing for everyone is to get back to work and be around people who knew him and loved him so that everyone can grieve together.”

As Fox announced Friday, Glee's fifth-season premiere date has been pushed back a week. The season will now bow Sept. 26, with production set to begin in August rather than late July.

Murphy praises Michele’s strength throughout the past week, noting that he and his producers will continue to take their cues from her. Shortly after hearing the news, Murphy told Michele that it would be fine by him if she decided that the show or her role in it should not continue. According to Murphy, Michele "bravely" suggested that that wasn't an option.

What has not been decided yet is how Monteith’s absence on the show will be addressed. But the current plan is to pay tribute during the show’s third episode, assuming Murphy and his team “can get it perfect.” (The first two episodes of season five, a long-planned Beatles tribute, has already been written and will need to be tweaked slightly.) After that, Murphy intends to take a long hiatus and try to figure out what to do with the show and how to come back.

At this stage, the only thing that is clear is that they will not recast Monteith's Finn Hudson role, as some other shows have done in such a situation. "The right thing to do for the show, at least at this point, is to have that character pass. When we do the tribute episode to that character, we'll have to do it in a way where the castmembers will not have to re-create feelings of grief that they’ve had this week -- but do it in an upbeat way," he says. "If we can do this responsibly and help young people through these feelings, that’s the best that we can hope for." Murphy says that they don't intend to tackle the tribute episode until after the memorial, as so much of the cast and crew are still making sense of their emotions.

“It’s always sad and shocking when somebody so young dies, but one of the things that made it even more upsetting is that so many of us who knew and loved him were actively involved in trying to get him better,” Murphy continues, reflecting on the emergency intervention that they had with Monteith in Murphy’s office on the Paramount lot in March.

Monteith had resisted the idea of seeking treatment initially, noting at the time that he wanted to finish out the remaining two episodes of the show’s fourth season. He was told that his life was “more important than two episodes of some stupid f---ing TV show,” says Murphy, and that there would be a job waiting for him when he got back. Ultimately, the 31-year-old star agreed, suggesting that he wanted to get better. He then left for rehab with doctors, which had been arranged by the show. (Producers subsequently wrote his character out of the two remaining season-four episodes.)

Murphy describes the months since as “rocky,” noting that Monteith had come to visit him on the New York set of his HBO telepic The Normal Heart. At that time, Monteith claimed that he was clean and ready to get back to work. But on July 13, the actor was found deadin a Vancouver hotel room. An initial autopsy report by the British Columbia Coroner's Service stated that he died of "mixed-drug toxicity, involving heroin and alcohol."

A memorial is scheduled for later this week, and there will be grief counselors on the set ofGlee for a couple of weeks once production resumes. As many have said in the days since the Canadian actor's passing, Murphy notes what a “beloved” member of the Glee cast Monteith had been.

"Once you met Cory, you just sort of instantly fell in love with him because he was both an angel and a devil," says Murphy, adding: "He was someone that you just instinctively wanted to protect because you felt like he was a fatherless child, and after a very hard childhood he felt adrift in the world."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/cory-monteith-death-glee-creator-589523

[/quote]

Glee Boss Ryan Murphy Opens Up About Cory Monteith's Death, Finn Tribute Episode, How Grieving Lea Michele Has 'Been a Rock'

On Friday, Fox announced that production on Glee would be pushed back until August in the wake of Cory Monteith‘s sudden death last week. The postponement subsequently moved the show’s Season 5 premiere back a week, to Sept. 26.

The relatively short delay was met with surprise given the enormity of the tragedy, particularly for the show’s leading lady and Monteith’s real-life girlfriend Lea Michele.

Here, Glee cocreator Ryan Murphy breaks his silence on the actor’s passing, explains the thinking behind the brief postponement (and the role Michele played in the decision), reveals the show’s plan to explore the death of Monteith’s character and offers the first glimpse of how Glee will carry on without Finn.

TVLINE | Thanks for your time. I know you wanted to talk a little bit about the reason for the one-week delay and why it wasn’t longer. Some people thought maybe it should be.

Well, it’s such uncharted water for me, personally. We had several options. We could delay shooting until November, we could delay shooting until January. But, ultimately, what we decided to do for the cast and crew was start shooting with something that we had already written. We had written two Beatles episodes in May and had been working on that tribute for four years. We just decided that it would probably be the best for everybody to get back together and be working and have grief counselors on set for two weeks, which we’re going to do. But, ultimately, we made no decisions without consulting Lea. [Executive producer] Brad Falchuk and I talked to Lea and really asked her what she wanted to do. We laid out every possible option. And she was very adamant that she thought it was best for the cast and crew to get back together sooner [rather] than later so that mortgages could be paid and people could take care of their families. Cory was so beloved that she felt people really needed to be together in this time. So we sort of followed her lead.

TVLINE | Will you address Finn’s absence in the first two episodes?

I don’t think so. We were supposed to be on in the fall with four episodes, and that’s just not going to happen. So we’re going to go on the air with two episodes and right now we’re writing the third episode, which deals with Finn’s death – which, you can imagine, is a very difficult episode to write. [It] has to be done very carefully and with a lot of taste and really making sure that it’s a tribute to Cory. Then, who knows? Maybe we’ll wait to shoot that. We really have to see how everybody feels… We’re going to take a long writers’ hiatus after that episode to refigure the season and continue to take care of the cast and crew and work on setting things up in Cory’s honor – scholarships, what have you – because that’s something we’re dedicated to doing. It’s just a crazy, really difficult, very emotional time. I think what we’re really trying to do is deal with it as a family, which is what that group of people is. Lea is obviously very grief-stricken but she’s also one of the strongest people I know. She wants people to be better and get back to work. So that’s what we’re going to do.

TVLINE | So Lea will be back with the show at the start of Season 5, including the Beatles two-parter?

Yes. She wants to be with people. The [Glee] family is her family. She wants to be with the cast and the crew.

TVLINE | The tribute episode will be shot immediately after the two-parter, then you go on hiatus?

Yes. I mean, who knows how long it’s going to take to craft and what it’s going to be? I just got back into town Tuesday from shooting [HBO's The Normal Heart] and immediately, even in New York, was dealing with the specifics of Cory’s death. I don’t have all the answers. But I just wanted people to know that no decision has been taken lightly and it’s been a week where everyone, from [20th Century Fox TV chiefs] Dana Walden and Gary Newman to [Fox bosses] Kevin Reilly and Peter Rice to [21st Century Fox chairman and CEO] Rupert Murdoch, everyone has weighed in and wanted us to do the best thing for the cast and crew.

TVLINE | And in terms of what fans will see on TV, the two Beatles episodes will air, followed by the tribute episode, and then a hiatus?

Yes. It’s impossible to start the season with the tribute episode; we have no time to prepare it.

TVLINE | You mentioned that you’ve spoken to Lea. A lot of people are really curious about how she’s holding up. 

It’s just a very tragic thing. It’s been a very difficult thing for all of us, including Lea, to love someone who is an addict. It’s something all of us have been dealing with for many months. It’s a disease and, unfortunately, the disease flared up. As soon as we found out, we staged an intervention with Cory that Lea was 100 percent running, out of love and trying to get him better, saying, “Look. Don’t worry about your job; you will always have a job. Don’t worry about fear. Don’t worry about shame. Just worry about getting better and getting stronger…” He was like a son to me… He was both very loving and very sweet and also very stubborn. I really expected him to fight me. He wanted to finish those last two episodes of [Season 4], and that’s when we found out about the addiction flaring up again and I said, “F–k no. We’re writing you out of these episodes. Your life is more important than any stupid TV show. You’re not going to film. You’re going to get in a car right now and get help that I and Brad and Lea have arranged.” I thought he was going to fight me. He said, instead, “OK, I’m so glad it’s over.” He embraced it and went without a fight and got in a car and went to rehab.

TVLINE | And you thought he was doing OK?

All early reports were that he was doing really well. I spoke to him, and he was really grateful. Lea was very instrumental in trying to save his life and get him the help that he needed and I think for everyone, including myself and her, it’s just a shock. It happened so quickly and without warning, as it often does for many people… She’s also been a rock for many people as well. I’ve never, ever met a 26-year-old girl or boy who’s capable of doing what she’s done in the past week. I marvel at it. I really have taken – as we all have – our lead from Lea. We won’t do anything that she doesn’t want to do. We’re planning a memorial service this week for the cast and crew and people at Fox, everybody who loved him. She’s been planning that and making decisions.

TVLINE | Do you have a memory of Cory that epitomizes who he was for you?

The thing that I struggle with is the darkness that befell him, it was so the opposite of the person that I knew and tried to save. It was a really hard part to cast. The first time I saw Cory was on a videotape where he was playing Tupperware drums. But he was in the first scene of the first shot when I directed the Glee pilot. It was a scene with Mr. Schue and Finn where they were in Mr. Schue’s office and Mr. Schue was framing him. It was a very strange pilot and it was a musical, which nobody had really done successfully. So people were nervous, I was nervous about it. And I remember after his first take, he came up to me and said, “This is gonna be fun.”

http://tvline.com/20...season-5-delay/

‘Glee’s Ryan Murphy Speaks On Cory Monteith Tragedy, Plans To Resume Work With Tribute Episode

BREAKING: In his first public comments since the tragic death of Cory Monteith from an overdose of heroin and alcohol, Glee co-creatorRyan Murphy tells Deadline that a quick return to work was a collective decision made by cast and crew, which decided the best way to deal with the grief of losing the show’s breakout star was to return to work and mourn together. That decision was made after consulting with Monteith’s longtime girlfriend and co-starLea Michele, as well as Monteith’s heartbroken costars and crew.

“We will begin shooting in late August the two shows we had already written, so that people can physically go back to work,” Murphy said. “We will then do an episode that will deal with the death of Finn’s character and follow that with a long hiatus. I don’t know exactly when we will come back, and we are trying our best with this attempt at damage control. We are planning a memorial for the cast and crew sometime this week on the Paramount lot.” Murphy will write that episode with co-creators Brad Falchuk and Ian Brennan, but acknowledges they aren’t sure at this early stage what form it will take. They will have to have it ready when they finish the first two segments, which is a tribute to The Beatles, and the trio will write the episode using Michele as a creative barometer.

It has been a week of extremes for Murphy, who was two days from completing the feature adaptation of Larry Kramer’s play The Normal Heartwhen he learned of Monteith’s death. Days later, his other show creation, American Horror Story: Asylum received the most Emmy nominations of any show with 17. Since learning that the 31-year old Monteith was found dead in a Vancouver hotel last Saturday, Murphy has huddled with executives at Fox and especially the crew and cast of a show where Monteith was as strong a presence behind the scenes as he was on camera.

There is no easy way to handle a tragedy like this, and when Glee announced its plans to resume production so the crew and cast could prepare, what followed was an online outcry of passionate Glee fans who felt it was too soon and insensitive without a proper mourning period. Murphy understands that sentiment but said it was made because of an overwhelming belief within the show that it was the right thing to do.

“For many of the people we work with who are very young, and also for the fans of the show, this is probably the first time they have experienced death, and that was not lost on any of us here,” Murphy said. “I understand that everyone has their own way of processing grief. Every possible option was explored, and what we did was look to the people who loved Cory, who worked with him most, and specifically Lea. This is what they wanted to do.”

These plans were not made rashly, Murphy said, adding that Fox execs from Peter Rice to Dana Walden and Gary Newman put no pressure on the show’s creators and left all decisions to them. “We were left with the decision, what do you do? Do you cancel, shut down the show? Come back in December and January? We considered every option, and decided to do what the cast and crew felt best, the people who had something unique with Cory, who loved him. They wanted to be back on the set, where there is a sense of security, and where they can grieve together and talk about him. When that happens, we will have grief counselors for the first two weeks to help everyone through it. We had already written the two part Beatles tribute and we’ll shoot those and Cory’s tribute for that third episode and then we will take a long hiatus and figure out what to do. Will we have a truncated season? I just don’t know yet. Lea blessed every decision. I told her even I don’t know what to do. I don’t know how to write about the death of someone I love. She wanted people to be together. She and Cory were the young leads of that show, the A story. Lea has been a leader all through this difficult process.”

Before the tragedy, things looked bright for the show. It had gotten a two-season pickup—Murphy said he plans to honor that commitment—and Monteith figured to be a major part of the story line after coming through a rehab and telling Murphy he felt that working on the show would only help his long struggle to stay sober.

“It is so very sad and tragic,” Murphy said. “Cory wasn’t just an actor on one of my shows, he was very important to me, and I was very invested in his sobriety. When I heard what was happening to him, I organized an intervention and got him into rehab last March. We socialized and we also fought, because while he was a lovely sweet guy, he was also a leader on the set, a strong personality and the only analogy I can think of is that he felt like an older son to me.”

So when Monteith’s struggles became evident, Murphy didn’t sit by idly.

“As soon as I heard what was happening, when we had two episodes left to go, I brought him to my office where we had the intervention,” Murphy said. “He said he wanted to finish the rest of the season, and I said absolutely not. We were not going to put a stupid TV show before his sobriety. I assured him he was not fired, that his job was secure, that he would leave today. He went with a whimper and not a bang and it was very emotional. On one hand, he was thrilled that people wanted to take care of him, though he also felt shame and regret. We had experts in the room and tried to let him know this was a disease. It was a tough and very emotional day and the last thing he said before he left was, ‘I want to get better.’ And I believed him.”

Murphy understood that recovery is not a quick fix proposition, and it was clear that Monteith’s situation would need to be monitored. “The last couple of months, all indications were that he’d gone through the steps, he went to one place where it didn’t work and then he went to another, but there was still a lot of concern,” Murphy said. “A couple of weeks ago, he and Lea came to Fire Island where we were shooting The Normal Heart, and I honestly couldn’t tell what was going on with him. He didn’t seem quite himself, but when I confronted him he claimed he was clean. It has been a very difficult roller coaster ride, and all through that, and through the last week, Lea has been the most brave and courageous person I’ve ever met. She has dealt with an impossible situation with more humanity than you could ever hope for.”

Now what is left for Murphy and his cohorts to figure out is how to move on. “What is difficult is that while Cory was going through this struggle, I told him that maybe he would go light on the work. He told me, ‘Work is my salvation.’ I thought that it would help him to be around people who were good influences, so we envisioned a season that was heavy with his Finn character.”

As for fans who bristled about the quick return, Murphy said he and the show’s exec producers will write that third episode to honor their late star, using Lea Michele as a barometer to keep them on course.

“One of the most gratifying things about Glee is that when the show is at its best, it has helped young people and given them information about the human condition that moves and informs them,” Murphy said. “What we’ve been talking about in the writer’s room is that maybe the way we deal with this tragedy might save the life of someone.”

http://www.deadline....ribute-episode/

I know Cory was a friend. How are you holding up?
Ryan Murphy: It's hard to even explain how personally upsetting it is. You know, we were a group of people who went through something that happens once in a lifetime, and I was close to Cory and Lea and I was also someone who was very involved in wanting to get Cory sober. We had an incident in March, which has been reported on, where we found out he was using again and staged an intervention in my office with a lot of appropriate people. He wanted to continue working and we said, 'That's not an option. No. The TV show doesn't matter, your life matters.' So we booked a rehab and a facility and Cory has always been, always was, a strong-willed and very sweet child and I always said, he felt like an older son to me. He and I had a very interesting, once-in-a-lifetime relationship, so I was very surprised that he went so readily.

His last words to me were, "I want to get better," and I always felt and continue to feel even in his death that he did, that he really wanted to fight it and he was humiliated and shamed. We reassured him that the only thing that mattered was him getting better and his job was 100 percent protected because he thought he was going to get fired. That has been feeding into all of this, why it's so shocking and so debilitating and tragically sad because we were all rooting for him and trying to help him in every way that we could, so it feels even more devastating. It also feels in some weird way like I failed, even though I know that that's the plight of addicts, so what can you do? But it's just really hard and really upsetting. I feel like we did everything that we could and I know that Lea feels she did everything that she could.

How did you decide what to do with the show?
Once you're faced with this situation, which is devastating…There's really no way to win in this situation. So our position was, do we go off the air permanently? Do we go off the air until November? Do we start shooting again in January? But the thing that we ultimately found was that our cast and crew wanted to be together, they wanted to go back to work, they wanted to sort of be in a place where they could all remember and discuss Cory sooner than later. As for me, I really had no set opinion. I was willing to do what people wanted.

So who made the call?
Ultimately the person who made the decision was Lea, who felt that the best thing for the cast and crew was to be together and to get back to work and be together every day and talk about our memories of him. So we decided to do that with Lea's blessing and we're going to go back to work and have grief counselors on the set for two weeks because people are really hurting.

What is the plan for the first few episodes back?
We had two episodes that we finished writing in May that were our Beatles tributes that we we've been working on for four years, so those were already done. With some slight modifications, we decided, 'OK, let's shoot these. Let's get people back and then let's take the time to write and deal with a tribute to Cory,' which I guess we're going to do for episode three and then after that episode airs, we're going to go off the air for a while and take a little hiatus and figure out what is the future of the show. But for now, what we just decided to do is continue on working for the next month so people could really deal with this and not feel isolated and alone. That's something Lea felt strongly about and she really is the one making those decisions. We followed her lead.

Did you really consider ending the show for good?
Yes. If Lea had said to me, 'I could never do this again and I don't want to do this again,' you know, she is sort of the show, so what do you do? And I would've, out of respect to her as a person, said 'OK,' but that's not how Lea operates; that's not how she feels. She's handled this with so much humanity and grace and she's also handled this in a way where she's trying to look out for 500 other people affected by him and who have mortgages to pay and families to feed. That was never on the table for her and I said, 'OK.' Nothing has been done and will be done in terms of any of the material without Lea blessing it and making sure it's OK with her—and she has been.

So Lea has made the big decisions.
Yes. And I've never met any 26-year-old person stronger than Lea. She's really been the leader in this situation, which is very unfair in a weird way because this show has always been so complicated about characters merging into personal lives, merging into public identity, so it's just all [bleeping] rough. It's just rough and it sucks and there's no right way to do it, but I just wanted people to know that there was nothing done without a lot of thought from a corporate level to a personal level, but ultimately, everyone involved made the decision, 'OK, what does Lea want to do, what would Lea feel comfortable doing?' This is what she wants to do.

Do you know what a tribute to Cory will look like and did you have to rewrite anything in those first two episodes back? 
We didn't have to rewrite anything yet, but we haven't even started doing that because the first thing we're trying to do is a memorial for Cory this week. We've really been putting our energies towards that and reaching out to people, seeing what they want to do. We're not making any creative decisions or touching any scripts until after that happens. The physical thing about all of it is that Cory and I spoke, we took him to rehab and he left rehab and he wanted to do his own thing and as much as you protest when somebody is in that situation, he's a grown man and you can't control him. But we had had a conversation when he was craving to be sober, or at least on the mend, and that was in April and I said, 'Obviously your job is intact, but I don't know how you want to handle work. Maybe you have assisted sober living and not do anything? I really want to know what you think.' He said, 'I really want to work a lot. I love the crew, I feel safe with them. I want to be with people who are good influences.' Our entire season was sort of at Cory's bequest, keeping him busy and active and around people who were good influences. Now that is gone and that's why after we shoot this third episode we're going to go down for an extended hiatus, where we figure out the future of the show because we were really trying to deal with him and take care of him.

How did you decide on the right amount of time to delay the season?
It was really about the cast and crew. People want to be together and I think it's important that people have an outlet for counseling, which we're providing on set for two weeks. Because those episodes were already written, we felt and Lea felt it was best if people come back and be together sooner than later, so that's what we did.

You shoot mostly on a closed set with a gate and security. But given the extraordinary circumstances, will there be any other changes to how you go about production?
I don't know. We already have a tremendous amount of security on our sets. The difficult thing about this show is that for many people in the cast and many people on the crew, because they are of a younger group, you know Cory's death is the first death that they've had to experience in their lives. I think that a lot of fans are going through that same thing. I'm at a certain age where I've had many friends and family members die, the first one was particularly rough and it gives you a whole twisted sense of your future and your life and what you're going to do. I mean that's why we're providing counseling and that's why we want people to feel that we have, not only a memorial for Cory, but a memorial for Finn. I have no doubt it's going to be an incredibly rough time, but what else do you do? You either you deal with it head-on or you just disappear until January or February and I think that's not what people need right now from a position of leadership. We decided that, but to reiterate it, I don't want anything to feel rushed and I feel like that's why after the third episode we're going to take a long hiatus so that people can continue to feel taken care of and just pause and get the help that they need and not feel like we have to be rushing back.

Was there any group decision to not talk to the press? The cast has all been silent, aside from written statements.
I don't think that that is the case. I don't think that we've not had any group meetings or group talks. I know that people have really, I mean at the end of the day, all we're all doing is following Lea's lead. It really is about what is best for Lea, how does Lea want to move forward? What does she want to do, how does she want to memorialize him? I think she's handled this with a great amount of decency and grace and privacy. I think that people have just followed her lead.

There was a rumor that production on The Normal Heart was shut down so Jonathan Groff could be with Lea.
The weird thing about all that is Cory had…I was shooting all summer and Cory and Lea had visited me on the set and Jonathan is in that movie. We finished shooting that, so the production was not impacted. It's a weird movie because we shoot and it shuts down and then we go back to work in November. But it was not affected.

How would you like for Cory to be remembered?

It's very difficult and emotional for me to talk about that. I just feel like the thing about Cory is that...Cory really was in many ways like that character. Cory was in the first scene of Gleethat we shot that I directed in the pilot, he was the first person on camera and it was a very nerve-wracking time, and no one knew what would happen with the show because a musical had never worked. I was particularly unsure about it and I remember after the first take, he finished his thing and came up to me and leaned down to me and said, 'This is going to be fun.' And I think that's the way he was on the show, on the set; he was a real leader. He was very beloved by the crew. I think Cory was very much like Finn [in] that Cory really was a champion of young artists and the underdog. I hope that that's how he's remembered and I think he will be because that's how he was in real life with his causes and his outreach programs. Also I think a lot of people, a lot of young kids, have watched the evolution of that character and have been touched by it and hopefully that's his legacy.

http://de.eonline.com/news/440970/ryan-murphy-explains-how-glee-will-return-without-cory-monteith-lea-michele-is-the-strongest-26-year-old-i-know

Thursday, August 1st, 2013:

(comments by Kevin Reilly at the Television Critics Association press tour:)

'Glee': Finn Will Be 'Written Out' Of Show In Third Episode Of Season 5

"Glee" is going to write the late Cory Monteith's character Finn Hudson out of the show in the third episode of the show's upcoming Season 5, Fox entertainment president Kevin Reilly announced at the Television Critics Association 2013 Summer Press Tour. Reilly also revealed that "Glee" is unlikely to continue past the show's next two seasons.

The farewell episode will deal directly with how Cory Monteith died, although Reilly didn't specifically say the character will die of an overdose.

"The third episode will deal with the Finn Hudson character being written out of the show," Reilly said. "That episode will deal directly with the incidents surrounding his death and drug addiction … Ryan Murphy is going to film PSAs with the cast, as cast members, as friends of his, they're going to speak directly to the audience [about Cory] ..."

Reilly added Lea Michele, Monteith's on and off screen girlfriend, has been "the most extraordinary human being and a pillar of strength throughout."

The episode may feature old footage of Monteith, Reilly reported. "It's a possibility because we do have some of that footage, but I can't speak to it because Ryan and the guys are working through it right now," he said.

While Reilly said "Glee" was likely to end after Season 6, he said that it could possibly last longer, but only if the show were to discover a new cast.

Fox pushed the premiere of "Glee" back a week to Thursday, Sept. 26 in the wake of Monteith's death. The first two episodes of "Glee" Season 5 will be Beatles themed and will be very "celebratory." "It's a little difficult to come out of the gate right away then have to recover. We'll have the Cory episode, then we'll go on hiatus for three weeks for the World Series, and that gives us a natural break to reset." Music sales from the episode will go into a fund in Monteith's name.

"You see some people struggling with addiction, they're very easily put into a category, 'She was always a partier,' you know. Cory was a big open wonderful life force, he was not a problem … he looked straight as an arrow, he was very open about it in his past, not so open about it in his present. Nobody was shocked, but everybody was shocked -- it was not intentional, it was an accident, it happened to somebody struggling with an addiction," Reilly said.

http://www.huffingto..._n_3690862.html

(clarifications on Reilly's statements by a FOX official:)

@ShowThemWhat Here's what I can clarify: 1) the episode and PSAs have not been written yet, so nothing is definite yet.

@ShowThemWhat 2) Kevin said the hiatus after the tribute episode would be about 3 weeks (while baseball is on our air).

@ShowThemWhat 3) The issue of drug use will be addressed in the episode, but exactly what form that will take has not been determined yet.

Friday, August 9th, 2013:

(Darren on On Air with Ryan Seacrest, sharing that he knows nothing yet about 5x03:)

Interviewer: Now, we hear you are doing an episode that will deal with the loss of Cory, his character?

Darren: Yeah. I don't know much about it beyond what is in the media. I am just as curious as everybody else. But I imagine it will be pretty hard for everybody, including the audience. But I think it's a really necessary nice step for everybody on both sides of the camera. So it will be tough but it will be good for the whole, you know, fanbase.

Interviewer: It seems it could be therapeutic for the fanbase and for the cast?

Darren: Absolutely, yeah. And I just hope that by the end of it the light that Cory left behind will hopefully be displayed in its best.

Interviewer: To celebrate him?

Darren: Of course. 

Interviewer. Well, I am sure Ryan Murphy will cover that. He is one of the best.

Darren: Oh, yeah.

Rachel Berry

Rachel Berry

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 32,557 posts

Saturday, August 10th, 2013

(Naya interview with Access Hollywood; she knows, or shares, as little as Darren:)

http://www.youtube.c...youtu.be&t=1m5s

Question: Can you tell me, do you know how they will do the Finn tribute on the show?

Naya: I don't know, I have no idea, I have no idea. You know, I trust the writers and I trust Ryan Murphy and everybody involved to handle that with the utmost of care. And so we will see, you know. It will be good, I know that.

(Blake interview with Wetpaint, saying the same:)

Rachel Berry

Rachel Berry

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 32,557 posts

Wednesday, August 14th, 2013

There are a lot of rumours out there about the episode 5x03, but we still don't have any info about it +

+ And we won't spoil anything (title, songs, etc.) of it in respect to Cory and all the fans.

AgeOfAquarius

AgeOfAquarius

Advanced Member

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,826 posts
  • GFA '13: Most (Glee) Knowledgeable
  • GFA '14: Most (Glee) Knowledgeable

Ryan Murphy Exclusive On Cory Monteith Memorial Episode: “Lovely Tribute And Very Heartfelt Look At How Young People Grieve”

EXCLUSIVE: Ryan Murphy, as part of an Emmy-timed interview this week, updates Deadline/Awardsline’s Christy Grosz about writing Glee‘s Cory Monteithmemorial episode and going back to the set of the series without the actor:

It’s been a difficult circumstance because we basically went straight from thememorial into [reworking] the two Beatles episodes, which I think are fun and optimistic, that we had always had planned. The hard part for all of us is that the past week we’ve been holed up writing the memorial episode. There were a lot of things that we had to decide — how are we going to deal with his death? At one point, we were going to have his character die after an accidental drug overdose—that was something we had considered. But we have decided that we’re not going to have him pass from that. Basically, what we’re doing in the episode is we are not telling you yet, or maybe not at all, how that character died.

The idea being, how somebody died is interesting and maybe morbid, but we say very early on in the episode, “This episode is about a celebration of that character’s life.” That might be weird for some people, but it felt really exploitative to do it any other way. The cast and crew have had solace in being together. They’ve been holed up doing those Beatles numbers. There’s been tears on set. It’s been hard for a lot of people. But the really difficult thing is coming. We start shooting the memorial episode this week. We’re just now finishing it, and at the end of the week we’ll send it to [the studio 20th Century Fox Television] to get their approvals. But I think it turned out to be a lovely tribute, and it’s a very heartfelt look at how young people grieve. After that, we’re going to take two weeks or three weeks down to get our heads together because it’s been a really hard thing to write. We loved Cory and we loved Finn and it feels like a huge loss and a huge heartache not to have either of them around. We’re trying to craft an episode that’s not just about us grieving but about a lot of the young fans grieving.

Source

Rachel Berry

Rachel Berry

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 32,557 posts

Tuesday, August 20th, 2013

(from an interview with Jane, who mentions that she hasn't read the script for 5x03:)

Glee, which kicks off its fifth season on Sept. 26, will dedicate its third episode to Cory's character, Finn. Last week, creator Ryan Murphy revealed they changed the script and decided against revealing exactly how Finn dies. Fox executives initially said that the series would directly deal with Cory's death.

But it turns out the cast doesn't know too much about it just yet. "I haven't seen it. I don't envy the job that they [the writers] have to do," Jane, 53, said. "I know that it just came out today, and that people are reading it. I don't have anything to say. I don't know what it is."

http://www.lifeandstylemag.com/entertainment/news/jane-lynch-talks-glee-without-cory-monteith-death-lea-michele

(another interview with Jane, in which she mentions that they start shooting the episode on Friday, August 23rd:)

(however, other spoilers indicate that the shooting actually began on Thursday, August 22nd)

(interview with Dot on her Emmy nominations, at the end of which she confirms that Beiste will be back for 5x03, but she didn't read the script thoroughly yet):

Rachel Berry

Rachel Berry

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 32,557 posts

Wednesday, August 21st, 2013

E! spoiler chat:

Yolanda: Loved the Glee story about Kurt and Blaine! You're right, it's nice to see something happy on the set after Cory's tragic death. Do you know what the atmosphere on set has been like? If anyone knows, it's you guys!

Well actually, if anyone knows, it's Jane Lynch. We asked her what it's been like going back to work after losing Cory Monteith so suddenly over the summer, and she got visibly choked up. "It's tough," she tells us, adding that even she doesn't know how they are going to write Finn off the show. "We have to deal with it in the story. I don't know how we're going to do that, but it will soon be revealed." On a lighter note, we were the ones who broke the news to her that Demi Lovato will be joining the cast in season five. Lynch was happy to hear about the addition to the show, gushing that The X Factor judge is "wonderful!" And we're also excited to hear that Demi's character will be reportedly be singing "Here Comes the Sun" with Santana.

http://de.eonline.co...in&dlvrit=51396

(a longer version with the same info:)

Jane Lynch Talks Cory Monteith Tribute: “It Has to Be Done But It’s Gonna Be Awful”

This one's gonna leave a mark.

The Glee cast is just days away from starting production on episode three of the new season, also known as the emotional tribute to Cory Monteith. And Jane Lynch tells E! News she isn't expecting it to be easy.

"It's gonna be awful," Lynch says of filming the episode that centers on the death of Monteith's character Finn. "It's gonna be terrible. It has to be done but it's gonna be awful."

Lynch tells us, "We haven't started yet and I think we start on Friday. I haven't seen the script yet."

Glee boss Ryan Murphy has said that the episode will deal directly with Finn's fate, but that the character will not die of an accidental overdose, as Monteith did, tragically, in real life on July 13 in Vancouver. "Basically, what we're doing is we're not telling you yet, or maybe at all, how the character died," Murphy said.

Glee has had a counselor on set during the first few weeks of production to help the cast through the grieving process. The first two episodes back will be a Beatles tribute, then the Cory/Finn tribute, and then the show is expected to take a break [lined up with a scheduled programming break for baseball on Fox] to regroup before moving forward with the fifth season.

On a lighter note, Lynch was thrilled to hear the news that Demi Lovato would be joining the cast this season to play a new friend of Rachel's (Lea Michele) in New York.

"I have no idea if I'm working with her at all," Lynch says of Lovato. "I hope so! I have no idea what her storyline is but I'm happy she's with us."

When asked if she's a Demi Lovato fan, Jane laughs: "I don't know her [music] very well. I'm an old lady! I know she went out with Joe Jonas and he broke her heart. And she seems to be doing fine. I know everything about the Jonas Brothers, OK!" Good to know!

When asked what she will miss most about Cory, Jane says with a smile, "His dimples. His smile. So cute."

Our thoughts continue to be with the entireGlee cast during this difficult time.

(this is probably for 5x03:)

Now I need to go back to sleep, I had a full day yesterday and it wore me out. I have to record some too secret glee songs tomorrow

@MsAmberPRiley Boo. Rest up! You've got sangin' to do. Hope you feel better!

Just read Cory Monteith memorial episode. Most beautiful thing. Thank you, MrRPMurphy @BFalchuk Ian Brennan.

Kalen G ‏@KalanaFalana 

I agree w/ @janemarielynch on the Cory/Finn episode script. Wonderful tribute to someone who meant so much to so many of us.

@janemarielynch: Just read Cory Monteith memorial episode. Most beautiful thing. Thank you, @MrRPMurphy @BFalchuk Ian Brennan.” Agreed!!

@Matt_Morrison @janemarielynch I agree as well! It was emotional to read, but will be beautiful :)

Today was peaceful, tomorrow it’s going down! Full glee work day. Gonna get that good sleep tonight! Love you all, sleep well. ✌

Rachel Berry

Rachel Berry

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 32,557 posts

Thursday, August 22nd, 2013:

(song spoiler from PopWrapped:)

GLEE EXCLUSIVE: What Song Starts Off A "Beautiful Tribute" In 5X03?

Hello my fellow Gleeks! As the new season of Glee approaches, we here at PopWrapped are working overtime to bring the latest news off the set.

We have already revealed some juicy details about the first two episodes of thenew season. Tonight, we have news about the third episode.

As previously reported, Glee's third episode will be a “beautiful and fitting tribute” to the late Cory Monteith and his character Finn Hudson.

The show is doing so by choosing some truly wonderful songs about love, and friendship. Tonight we will be revealing the first of the songs chosen in dedication as the show embarks on one of its most important episodes to date.

Please STAY TUNED at PopWrapped for our EXCLUSIVE reveal later tonight.

All proceeds from the episode’s songs will be donated to a charity set up in memory of Monteith.

GLEE EXCLUSIVE: Song From "Beautiful Tribute" In 5X03 REVEALED

Welcome back, my fellow Gleeks!

Earlier, we teased a bit about what lies ahead for this season’s third episode.

We have already revealed some juicy details about the first two episodes of the new season. Tonight, we have news about the third episode.

As previously reported, Glee's third episode will be a “beautiful and fitting tribute” to the late Cory Monteith and his character Finn Hudson.

The show is doing so by choosing some truly wonderful songs about love, life, and friendship. Tonight we will be revealing the first of the songs chosen in dedication as the show embarks on one of its most important episodes to date.

”Seasons of Love” from the Broadway musical Rent will be one of the songs featured in the tribute as a group number from the cast.

The lyrics ask what the proper way is to quantify the value of a year in human life, concluding in the chorus that the most effective means is to “measure in love”. It’s safe to say that the show has chosen well by including this song as part of the wonderful tribute in store.

As a reminder, all proceeds from the episode’s songs will be donated to a charity set up in memory of Monteith.

http://popwrapped.tu...tribute-in-5x03

(this could also be for 5x01 or 5x02:)

Heading to Glee for a full day! Who's excited for September 26th? #GleeSeason5

(from a Tumblr source:)

NAYA DROVE PASSED ME AT PARAMOUNT EXCUSEME I

x naya rivera    x im dead    x bye world    x life ruiner

tumblr_mryg8wXzy61rt48euo1_500.jpg

(it has been pointed out that the person at the back of the cart could be Chris and that the source claimed she saw Lea as well)

Rachel Berry

Rachel Berry

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 32,557 posts

Friday, August 23rd, 2013:

Glee Cast Begins Production on Cory Monteith Tribute Episode: "You Will Cry From Beginning to End"

"Gut-wrenching" and "so, so good."

We've talked to sources who have read the script for Glee'Cory Monteith tribute episode, which is scheduled to begin production today in Los Angeles, and by all accounts, it does not disappoint.

"You will cry from beginning to end," says one insider.

"I cried as I read it, on every page," says another.

No spoilers here, but we can tell you that the episode takes place in Lima, Ohio, and centers around the death of Cory's character Finn Hudson. As promised, it is not revealed how Finn died, but the episode starts off with the news of his death and then moves on to focus on all the characters remembering and mourning him, and celebrating his life.

We are told that Lea Michele (Rachel) does not appear in the episode until the final act. Her presence is limited but incredibly powerful. And yes, she does sing.

We can also tell you that Santana (Naya Rivera) has a great, memorable part in the episode.

And the final song? Get ready to ugly cry.

"Just read Cory Monteith memorial episode," Jane Lynch tweeted on Wednesday. "Most beautiful thing. Thank you, @MrRPMurphy @BFalchuk Ian Brennan."

Glee creator Ryan Murphy previously revealed he felt it best not to include Finn's cause of death in Cory's tribute episode.

"At one point, we were going to have his character die after an accidental drug overdose—that was something we had considered," he said.  "But we have decided that we're not going to have him pass from that."

"Basically, what we're doing in the episode is we are not telling you yet, or maybe not at all, how that character died," Murphy explained. "The idea being, how somebody died is interesting and maybe morbid, but we say very early on in the episode, 'This episode is about a celebration of that character's life.' That might be weird for some people, but it felt really exploitative to do it any other way."

Murphy previously told E! News he had planned to shoot the Monteith tribute (episode three) and then take a break to regroup and figure out how to move forward with the series. The initial plan for Glee's season five was to have Monteith heavily featured, at his own request, so some of the story arcs must be reconfigured.

Glee cast, we are thinking of you.

http://de.eonline.co...aign=rss_tvnews

Thinking of @RomyRosemont filming episode 3. I'd like to blame my tears on pregnancy hormones, but I know that's not it.

@Chibach3...Yeah, It's going to b a tear jerker for sure.

@RomyRosemont Hey there :) I have no idea, but I really hope you'll be in the third episode of Glee this season. Carole needs to be there.

@MarionheartLea ill be there

@RomyRosemont thinkin of u filming the memorial ep ♥

@leannem85 thank you.

Full on ponytail action! I support this @chordoverstreet lol pic.twitter.com/kzN0BuAvfH

BSX_ZnXCQAAmW_e.jpg

#ootd trailer chronicles lol #bored http://instagram.com/p/dXfM47s_-D/ 

9WJZFLQ.jpg

Small triumph in confidence, I’M WEARING SHORTS!!! Lol I never do, self conscious about my thighs, but I decided why not? Right?!?

@whomp_: @MsAmberPRiley @chordoverstreet braids!!! Give him braids!” Chord they want to see cornrows lol can I do it pleeeeaaase!

@MsAmberPRiley yes!

The weekend is coming... But first a big pile of work. Deep breath.

Halfway through a difficult day..

(a Twitter source taking the Paramount tour:)

tumblr_mrzyv4afmd1r4gxc3o1_500.png

Gleek223

Gleek223

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,876 posts

August 23, 2013

Lea Michele @msleamichele 1m

Today... ❤ pic.twitter.com/K51iTNrqZB

BSYknqoCMAAfuYq.jpg

Rachel Berry

Rachel Berry

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 32,557 posts

(PopWrapped teasing another song spoiler but never following up on it:)

POPWRAPPED EXCLUSIVE: What Song Will Rachel Sing For Fallen Finn?

The normally happy, laugh-filled, and silly set of Glee was extraordinarily somber today with even stand-ins, extras, and camera operators crying.

It is easy to deduce why. 

Today is the day that the cast and crew started filming their most important episode to date. Today is the day Glee comes together to pay tribute to their fallen friend and family member Cory Monteith as well as his beloved character, Finn Hudson.

Our hearts at PopWrapped go out to the cast and crew during this difficult shoot.

We extend further love to Lea Michele; Cory Monteith’s on-and-off screen love interest.

PopWrapped will exclusively reveal the title of the song that Rachel sings at the end of the episode for Finn very soon

(from someone touring the Paramount lot:)

mOzm5sG.png

gaQpLvV.jpg

(close-up showing that Chris is wearing a ring:)

BdoNtXm.png

http://pinterest.com...lee-on-locatio/

Rachel Berry

Rachel Berry

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 32,557 posts

Sunday, August 25th, 2013:

Episode 5.03 of Glee will be called "The Quarterback".

http://www.gleeforum...cussion/page-24

Rachel Berry

Rachel Berry

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 32,557 posts

(Dianna doing press for her movie:)

tumblr_ms3mnsMOeW1r4ezfzo1_500.png

Can’t wait to get home and watch the VMAs. Some amazing performances tonight  :) we’ve had good music/new artists come out this year

@MsAmberPRiley Why are not you there?

@DeFreitaspues couldn’t go, it’s in NYC and I have to film really early. Would have never made it back in time!

Ok time to catch up on Devious Maids and get ready for an early call on #glee!

Excited for @GLEEonFOX @gleeks shoot tomorrow! Blessed to be able to play guitar on the show!

@theguyEnchancer yes I will be in every choir room scene! And we just did a Prom episode too!

Another early morning for Glee in the AM!

(Darren and Naya at the VMAs asked about the episode:)

Interviewer: I want to ask you a little bit about the tribute episode that's coming up.

Darren: You know, it's going to be a tough thing. We are shooting it right now. It's tough to shoot, but I think it's something that needs to happen for the fans. I dunno, it's going to be tough but it will be very poignant and very moving in a good (way) and just that, a tribute, it will be a good tribute to Cory. 

Interviewer: What can you tell me about the tribute episode? What can you say about it?

Naya: It's the worst thing that has ever happened to me, it's the hardest thing to do. It's been the worst week ever.

(link to another interview with Naya in which she is asked about shooting the Cory episode:)

http://www.mtv.com/v...html#id=1713036

(similar interview with Matt:)

(most relevant excerpt:)

Interviewer: So I got to ask you about the Cory tribute episode. How hard was that to do?

Matt: We are shooting it right now, we are in the middle of filming. And it is incredibly hard. You know, we have all mourned Cory and now we are mourning Finn. So there's two people in that one person. So it's incredibly hard and we're staying strong together. And I have to say Lea has been the most strongest of all of us. 

Rachel Berry

Rachel Berry

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 32,557 posts

Monday, August 26th, 2013:

John Lock ‏@TheJohnLock 

Spending a good morning back at McKinley today. Cory's episode is gonna be beautiful

Back in LA. Back at Glee. Shooting all day!

Monday morning at #Glee. Good morning ladies and gents!

(written version of the interviews with Darren and Naya posted above:)

Glee: Darren Criss and Naya Rivera on "Moving" Cory Monteith Tribute and Demi Lovato's Guest Role

As we reported last week, Glee is well into their filming of the episode that will serve as a tribute to Cory Monteith, who died tragically over the summer. And based on what the cast is telling us, just getting through filming will be a triumph in itself.

"It's the worst thing that's ever happened to me," Naya Rivera admitted during last night's MTV Video Music Awards. "It is the hardest thing to do. It's been the worst week ever."

"We're shooting it right now. It's tough to shoot," Darren Criss adds. "It's something that needs to happen for the fans. I don't know; it's going to be tough. But it will be very poignant and hopefully very moving, and just that: a tribute. Hopefully it will be a good tribute to Cory."

Sources told us that the episode, which is reportedly titled "The Quarterback," will have viewers bawling "from beginning to end", so we can't even imagine what it's been like for the cast to film the songs and scenes dedicated to Finn Hudson. Lea Michele, who we're told appears in the episode in a "limited but incredibly powerful" way, recently tweeted a photo of her character Rachel wearing a Finn necklace.

Besides the Cory tribute, Glee is busy adding great guest stars to their fifth season, most recently X Factor judge Demi LovatoHer addition was a surprise to both fans…and the cast!

"I found out on Twitter! I guess that's just how things break," Rivera laughed to us. "I'm excited. I'm so excited to work with her. We have a duet together, and we're going to be working very closely, so it'll be awesome."

Demi's character and Santana are rumored to be singing "Here Comes the Sun" during one of The Beatles episodes. Lovato tweeted about joining the show today, saying she was "wayyyyy too excited" to have a guest role in season five.

"I can't believe I'm going back to acting but the best part about it is that I get to act/sing with some of my really great friends.."

To hear more from Naya and Darren, and to find out how Adam Lambert feels about possibly working with Demi, watch our exclusive interviews below

tumblr_ms5n6fQo5M1qe476yo1_500.png

tumblr_ms5n6fQo5M1qe476yo2_1280.jpg

@MsAmberPRiley get it

Walk n2 my trailer 2 a surprise! @iharryshum BEST BIG BRO EVER! Made by Incredible Artist & ma homeboy @lucasraynaud! pic.twitter.com/unJY7hA9Bs

BSoQi8ZCUAARSo8.jpg

@TheJohnLock thank you :) you guys are the best. Your faces made it a little easier. Love you

@MsAmberPRiley @iharryshum @LucasRaynaud OBSESSED! I want oneeeeee

@totle9 @iharryshum @LucasRaynaud isn’t he dope!

@MsAmberPRiley @LucasRaynaud glad you liked it!!

Not a bad day when Matthew Morrison walks past your tour group (followed by most of the Glee cast on a golf cart).

@StaceyHallman They must've just finished shooting a scene today.Amber, Kevin, and a couple others but couldnt see them.Then, Mark walked by

@StaceyHallman Mark and Matt both.Yeah they're using the NYC streets Paramount has and made a diner and other things.Crew was setting up.

Rachel Berry

Rachel Berry

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 32,557 posts

Tuesday, August 27th, 2003:

Glee's Cory Monteith Tribute Brings Back Some Original Cast Members—Find Out Who

Glee's deeply emotional Cory Monteith tribute episode will be something of a family reunion.

A few of the original cast members who are no longer with the series will return for the episode, along with a few returning guest stars, sources tell E! News.

If you don't want to know which actors will appear, stop reading.

Amber Riley (Mercedes), Harry Shum Jr. (Mike Chang), Mark Salling (Puck) and Jayma Mays (Emma) all will appear in the Cory/Finn tribute, according to my sources, along with Dot-Marie Jones (Coach Bieste), Kurt's father Mike O'Malley (Burt Hummel) and of course, Finn's mother Romy Rosemont (Carole Hudson-Hummel).

There may be a few more surprises, but we are told that Dianna Agron and Heather Morris weren't in the script, and aren't expected to appear.

The episode, which according to sources is called "The Quarterback," began production on Friday in Los Angeles, and Lea Michele tweeted a photo of herself wearing a "Finn" necklace while shooting it. We are told that Lea doesn't appear in the episode until the final act, and she does sing.

"We're in the middle of filming [the tribute], and it's incredibly hard," Matthew Morrison told E! News' Marc Malkin over the weekend.  "We've mourned Cory, but now we're mourning Finn. So it's kind of like two people in that one person."

"There were a lot of things that we had to decide [for the memorial episode]," show creatorRyan Murphy explained to Deadline prior to shooting. "At one point, we were going to have his character die after an accidental drug overdose-- that was something we had considered. But we have decided that we're not going to have him pass from that."

Insiders confirm that the episode starts off with the news of the death, but it is not revealed how Finn died.

Co-star Jane Lynch shared her feelings about the script last week. "Just read Cory Monteith memorial episode," she wrote via Twitter. "Most beautiful thing. Thank you, @MrRPMurphy @BFalchuk Ian Brennan."

We are told the script for the episode is "so good" and "will make you cry from beginning to end."

Cory Monteith passed away from a drug overdose on July 13 in Vancouver.

If you or someone you know needs help with addiction issues, contact Narcotics Anonymous.

(link to appearance of Jane in the KTLA 5 Morning News, where she briefly talks about how emotional it is shooting this episode:)

http://ktla.com/2013.../#axzz2dGnnsoip

(from someone visiting the Paramount lot, would most likely seem to be for this episode:)

theyre using this for a military base scene on glee :(( pic.twitter.com/rh7tKrXAlu

BSsZbOjCYAASwWg.jpg

@nerdblaine Hi! Did they actually say it was a military base scene?

♡ katie ♡ ‏@nerdblaine 

@StaceyHallman yes they did! no details as to if it was for 5x03 though

(from the same source but maybe for another episode:)

more glee sets uwu pic.twitter.com/ySvadIE2kp

BStMG-4CEAEOTzI.jpg

Gleek223

Gleek223

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,876 posts
August 27, 2013

Harry Shum Jr @iharryshum
Picture taken by marksalling through Google Glass @chordoverstreet http://t.co/6tIA2tNcAn

Rachel Berry

Rachel Berry

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 32,557 posts

Wednesday, August 28th, 2013:

FIRST DAY BACK ON GLEE TODAY EP #3 IT'S BEAUTIFUL, GOING TO BE A LONG DAY! LOVE YOU LIL PUNKINS!

Looking forward to being with @chriscolfer and Mike O'Malley today. Those are some handsome shoulders to lean on...

(from someone apparently taking the Paramount tour:)

tWrWKbY.jpg

@jl_goodman did he have the mohawk?

@darrehcriss no Mohawk

(more about a possible military theme in this episode:)

{possible spoiler alert} the sign dept said they just made a huge "Recruitment Center" sign for #Glee (whatever that means)

(Becca had the day off:)

Had a fun little day off prepping for my first couple blog entries! Some cute fall stuff coming at ya!

Rachel Berry

Rachel Berry

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 32,557 posts

Thursday, August 29th, 2013:

(from a Tumblr source:)

There’s a kind of memorial around Finn’s locker, and she has a slight reason to believe they could be killing off the character given what she heard about another scene that was being shot. 

http://suicidallyrec...of-glee-tonight (link is no longer working)

(from an interview with Romy:)

TCC: The biggest news to rock the worlds of all of the people who work on the show, and of course the fans, was Cory Monteith’s recent death. Are there any favorite moments from the set you would want to share?

RR: You know what, every time, because I was just so long between scenes and being on set… I mean last year, I hadn’t seen him in over a year, because I didn’t work, and I only did one episode… but no matter what, anytime I saw him, whether I was walking to makeup or wherever, he always greeted me as ‘Hi, Mom.’ That was just always sweet and lovely, and it immediately made me feel that even if I had been gone and I hadn’t seen him in months, that we were right back to where we were, and that he felt the connection that I did, and he really was just…all the things you hear about him and how lovely he was, it’s the honest to goodness truth. He was just a really unique and special guy.

TCC: How much of an impact do you think Finn’s upcoming death in episode 5.3 is going to have on your character and her role on the show?

RR: You know, I really don’t know. I mean obviously I can’t speak for the episode, I mean I am going to be part of it, but I don’t…you never really know in what direction the writers are going to take this, they’re honoring the character in the most responsible way that they know how, and they’ve been very successful. And Finn was, he was so much the heart, or at least one of the beating hearts of Glee, so I think you’ll see that. But as far as how it will be for me in future episodes, I don’t know, I think that if I have future episodes this season, you know, it will always color Carole that she lost her son, because I don’t think any parent comes back from that completely.

http://thecelebrityc...g-cory-monteith

(from an Access Hollywood interview with Jane:)

The actress also spoke about life on the set or “Glee,” following the sudden death of Cory Monteith, who played Finn Hudson on the Fox series.

“We’re shooting [the episode dealing with Finn’s death] right now and it’s very sad and people are crying a lot,” she explained. “But, it’s really cathartic and it’s so beautifully written. It’s a beautiful episode.”

Jane stayed mum on details of the episode, but did reveal that the characters stay true to themselves.

“Nobody changes their stripes and everybody deals with grief in different ways. So we get to see that,” Jane said.

http://www.accesshol...e_article_83640

(Duane tweeting a photo of a slate that reveals that Brad is directing the episode:)

Thanks for the postcard full of love and support @Hugs4Chris ! I'm posting it up now. :) pic.twitter.com/LtwrNwFOmh

BS421HZCEAAB1ht.jpg

Rachel Berry

Rachel Berry

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 32,557 posts

Friday, August 30th, 2013:

(probably recording for 5x03:)

Time to see one of the wizards lol :) @alxanders #glee

@MsAmberPRiley Haha!

THANK U @alxanders!! Made my damn day!! Now let's sang! #bananapudding #magnoliabakery http://instagram.com/p/dp_tEpyJyu/ 

cVy67jj.jpg

(definitely for 5x03:)

@RomyRosemont Great work the other day, Romy.

@DuaneMieliwocki Thank you so much. That means a lot to me. Thank YOU for being so supportive.The whole crew was amazing.

@RomyRosemont Every time you come in, I make sure I've got a tissue or two handy...

@DuaneMieliwocki HA!! Now you're just sweet talking me!

Rachel Berry

Rachel Berry

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 32,557 posts

Sunday, September 1st, 2013:

(New York Post interview with Dianna in which she indicates that she wasn't asked to appear in the episode:)

“This year I’ve had some of the biggest cries of my entire life,” she admits.

In July, her “Glee” co-star Cory Monteith (whose character, Finn, impregnated Quinn in the show’s first season) died, with authorities listing the cause of death as a combination of alcohol and heroin.

“It hasn’t completely hit in yet,” Agron says, her voice softening. “It’s one of the strangest things that has ever happened to me. I don’t know how people do it over and over again throughout their lives. It just makes you take a new lease out on life and look at things a little bit differently.”

She pauses to take a breath.

“He was truly one of the most wonderful people I’ve ever met in my entire life, and that’s something that everybody can say about him, you know?”

“Glee” showrunner Ryan Murphy announced that the third episode of the upcoming season, which debuts Sept. 26, will be a tribute to Monteith and his character. Agron, who was reduced from a series regular to appear in just three episodes last season, was not asked to participate in the memorial show. In fact, the actress isn’t certain she’ll be back at all this season.

It’s a surprise, given her formerly pivotal role.

“Yeah,” she says coolly.

Time to move on to bigger and better projects?

“I think moving on might be the wrong choice of words because [“Glee”] is always going to be a part of me and with me and I would always go back,” she says. “So it’s not necessarily about a departure. It’s about what it’s imparted in me and what it’s given me.”

She says she’s still close with all her “Glee” castmates, especially after Monteith’s death. And for now, she seems content to focus on her personal life, her new adventures in “The Family” and her hopes for Hollywood success.

But one thing’s for sure: no more cheerleading roles.

“I always say, ‘never say never,’ ” she says, laughing. “But I truly believe I have exhausted the cheerleader that I never was.”

http://www.nypost.co..._content=Movies

(from the author of the article:)

Dianna Agron tells me she wasn't asked to be in Glee's Cory Monteith memorial episode. http://bit.ly/19aaWOJ 

(TVLine story based on an interview with Kevin:)

Glee's Kevin McHale Talks 'Powerful, Emotional' Finn Tribute, Previews That 'One Scene'

Just a few days into production on Glee‘s Finn Hudson tribute, co-star Kevin McHale describes an “extremely emotional” shoot that, at times, has been “hard to get through.”

Acknowledging that there’s essentially “no ‘right’ way to do it,” the McKinley vet says he was blown away when he first read the script for the episode, which is slated to air on Oct. 10.

“There are so many incredibly well written and powerful scenes,” he shares, before singling out one sequence as being particularly moving. “When [the cast] got the script, we were all reading it together and we were like, ‘Did you get to that one scene.’ And when you see it everyone will know what that one scene is.”

McHale says reactions to Finn’s death will be both varied and surprising, noting that some castmembers “are having to play reactions that they obviously would not feel in real-life, and that’s a weird thing to play. Because you want people to know how you actually feel. But [Ryan Murphy & Co. are staying true to] the characters, and that’s the smart thing to do.”

For example. several characters find themselves in a deep state of denial. “Some people aren’t dealing with the loss of Finn, and it’s a difficult thing because in real life none of us were like that,” he explains. “We were all very much dealing with it.”

http://tvline.com/20...-glee-season-5/

(tweets by Tat from GOBr suggesting that Rachel has a solo in the episode:)

@JackyKay girl blaming us for giving spoilers to pw when we were wasting our time running after people to make sure Lea's solo wouldn't be

@JackyKay leaked. I don't mind criticism, but I mind stupidity so much.

Rachel Berry

Rachel Berry

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 32,557 posts

Monday, September 2nd, 2013:

Anybody else laboring on this fine Labor Day? Not gonna lie...wish I was at the beach right now. Grateful for work though.

(tweet by Dot's partner:)

tumblr_msk9dqtLj61r4ezfzo1_500.png

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Other Shows: Arrow | The Tomorrow People | Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | The Originals | The 100 | Star-Crossed | Bates Motel | Glee | Devious Maids