Other Shows: Arrow . The Tomorrow People . Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. . The Originals . The 100 . Star-Crossed . Bates Motel . Devious Maids
Photo

5x03 Spoiler Discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2683 replies to this topic

taurus85

taurus85

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,654 posts

It's interesting and sad that the cast will be playing reactions opposite to what they actually did feel. That may have helped them get though it since it was an acting task for them.

Gallavich

Gallavich

together

• imgAdministrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 44,812 posts
  • GFA '12: Best Gay
  • GFA '13: Favorite Mod/Admin
  • GFA '14: Biggest Sam Stan

Now I just really want to see that scene. We're getting closer. ;(

Rachel Berry

Rachel Berry

Rise, shine and have a cup of coffee with me!

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 32,548 posts
  • GFA '12: Most Articulate
  • GFA '13: Smartest
  • GFA '14: Best Singer

Any guesses which characters could be in denial? 

My first thought would be Rachel, but I don't know how this is supposed to work if she only appears in the final act (establishing first denial then acceptance in one act seems a bit much). It's also not very effective to develop this in dialogue: "I think Rachel is just in denial."

My other guesses would be Will or Kurt.

taurus85

taurus85

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,654 posts
I am going to guess that THAT scene is either Rachel's one at the end or one involving Finns family.

Maybe Santana is in denial. She is supposed to have a memorable part.

Edited by taurus85, 01 September 2013 - 10:54 AM.

Gallavich

Gallavich

together

• imgAdministrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 44,812 posts

My first thought would be Rachel, but I don't know how this is supposed to work if she only appears in the final act (establishing first denial then acceptance in one act seems a bit much). It's also not very effective to develop this in dialogue: "I think Rachel is just in denial."

For some reason I thought Santana. This is her "memorable part." It'd be in character for her, I feel like.

steph1

steph1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31,984 posts
  • GFA '12: Most Helpful Member
  • GFA '13: Best Debater

Someone hypothesised before that it might be Santana. She may even be slightly snarky, refusing to accept it. This would fit with her 'memorable' scene if she finally breaks down, and Naya apparently finding it especially difficult if she's having to act so differently than her own reaction.

For some reason I thought Santana. This is her "memorable part." It'd be in character for her, I feel like.

Yes this.

Rachel Berry

Rachel Berry

Rise, shine and have a cup of coffee with me!

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 32,548 posts
  • GFA '12: Most Articulate
  • GFA '13: Smartest
  • GFA '14: Best Singer

Oh, that makes sense, yes.

Gallavich

Gallavich

together

• imgAdministrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 44,812 posts

Someone hypothesised before that it might be Santana. She may even be slightly snarky, refusing to accept it. This would fit with her 'memorable' scene if she finally breaks down, and Naya apparently finding it especially difficult if she's having to act so differently than her own reaction.

Yeah, Naya saying it's been especially hard to shoot and the worst week of her life makes me think it's more likely, going by Kevin's interview.

TalentedButHumble

TalentedButHumble

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
I expected there'd be characters in denial because that's where you'd get some interesting drama. In addition to the Sanatana speculation, I could see Puck or Rachel like that. Puck being a stoic guy. Or Rachel busy organizing a memorial or whatever, while refusing to give in to her emotions.
I'm curious what the timeline is - do we see all the characters living through the same few days shortly after the news.
OR perhaps at some point we see a time jump much farther into the future, with some character reminiscing about Finn. (A scene like that for Rachel could've been easier for Lea to play.)

Amy Pond

Amy Pond

Always and Forever ♥

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,115 posts
  • GFA '14: Biggest Kurt Stan

Santana makes sense I could see it being her. If not her I definitely think its either Carole, Kurt or Puck. Puck purely for the fact that he puts out such a badass vibe but deep down inside we know what a softie he is. 

chester

chester

Stanning the talented Lea Michele

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,149 posts
  • GFA '14: Biggest Rachel and Emma Stan

For example. several characters find themselves in a deep state of denial. “Some people aren’t dealing with the loss of Finn, and it’s a difficult thing because in real life none of us were like that,” he explains. “We were all very much dealing with it.”

I wonder what he means by that.

And like said before, THAT scene will probably be a scene with the Hudson family or a scene with Rachel. I expect Santana to be the one being in denial.

Trewster

Trewster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 790 posts

In terms of being in denial, I'm looking at Santana, Rachel, Artie or Carol.

• Santana because of E! mentioning her memorable part role and going back to season 3 when Finn helped her out of the closet and referenced suicide rates in closeted teens, his death may have a profound effect on her.
  • Rachel because she has this whole plan for her life and that has included Finn.
  • Artie has always looked up to Finn and even called Finn his hero multiple times, it's hard to lose somebody you look up to like that
  • Carol because of everything she's already been through and you are not supposed to outlive your children

I thought of Kurt and Burt also, but they usually approach things more matter-of-factly

Edited by Sam Evans, 01 September 2013 - 11:19 AM.
Unnecessary.

weatheredland

weatheredland

Glee in NYC

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,352 posts

I agree with Santana, but Kevin said several characters. So, I wonder who else. Will, maybe, I can see him being in denial and then having a breakdown. Or Puck. Or maybe Artie or Sam. How many is several? 3, 4?

Cassie July

Cassie July

HBIC

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,949 posts

I don't want to be mean or anything, but I'm glad Dianna is not there to be the one in "denial"...

Leffe

Leffe

It's my kryptonite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,036 posts

I think it could be anyone considering we don't know how the writers feel like the characters are going to react.

I've been saying before that I think it would be nice if they showed different reactions from different people and I have headcanons for how my favourites would react but I will wait for the episode to see it.

All I know is that I want someone to be angry until they break. That happens alot. And I have several people I think would react like that,

msunshne

msunshne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,750 posts

I have a feeling the Hummel residence will be very clean, enough food cooked to feed an army, and all of the closets and garage re-organized if they leave Kurt alone for too long.

weatheredland

weatheredland

Glee in NYC

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,352 posts

I have a feeling the Hummel residence will be very clean, enough food cooked to feed an army, and all of the closets and garage re-organized if they leave Kurt alone for too long.

Yes, I agree. He was also very withdrawn both times Burt was sick (2x03 and 4x10). So, I don't think he'll be denial, because that's not how he usually reacts, but he will probably be very quiet, and not want to talk about Finn or his emotions.

maybeitsagiraffe

maybeitsagiraffe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 515 posts

I agree that Santana or Puck would be likely ones to be in denial. I could see it from Kurt, Sam, Carole or Will too though, and maybe Artie as someone mentioned. A short scene with Ryder in denial might be possible too. While I think a lot of the focus will be on the originals, he was important to the newbies too, especially Ryder (Marley too, really) and I'm betting we'll get at least a short scene or two of their reactions.

Edited by maybeitsagiraffe, 01 September 2013 - 12:29 PM.

msunshne

msunshne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,750 posts

Yes, I agree. He was also very withdrawn both times Burt was sick (2x03 and 4x10). So, I don't think he'll be denial, because that's not how he usually reacts, but he will probably be very quiet, and not want to talk about Finn or his emotions.

No, not denial for Kurt. I think by now, he expects the worst of things. I think Kurt's going to go all internal and introverted until somebody or something gets him to talk and emote. Might be Mercedes again.

Edited by msunshne, 01 September 2013 - 12:39 PM.

weatheredland

weatheredland

Glee in NYC

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,352 posts

A short scene with Ryder in denial might be possible too. While I think a lot of the focus will be on the originals, he was important to the newbies too, especially Ryder (Marley too, really) and I'm betting we'll get at least a short scene or two of their reactions.

Oh, I forgot all about the newbies. The ones that knew Finn less (Kitty, Unique and Jake) might suddenly feel like outsiders in the choir room, and not know how to react or comfort the others.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Other Shows: Arrow | The Tomorrow People | Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | The Originals | The 100 | Star-Crossed | Bates Motel | Glee | Devious Maids