KittyCat

KittyCat

Advanced Member

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • GFA '14: Mod Spotlight

I really love them all.  :wub:  :wub:

This is such a lovely cast and they really seem to love working together  :wub:  ;(

Chyler is the absolute best on social medias though. They all need to contribute more. :)

I agree. Chyler is the best. 

Santana Lopez

Santana Lopez

No wonder I'm crazy! This just solves it all ♥

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,251 posts
  • GFA '14: Biggest Brittany and Santana Stan
  • GFA '15: Best Friendship: Karina & Valerie

Chyler gave an interview this week in which she said she insisted on being involved in the casting process of Maggie,  and one of the reasons was because they are all so close and such good friends and such an amazing group. So it was important to her that Maggie was played by someone who would fit into the group and be part of that family. She said she is kind of the mother of the group like that :lol:

I love that for now this is a group with so little drama and they all love each other ;(      But I shouldn't jinx it because remeber back in s2 of glee when they were all obsessed with each other lmao, it all went downhill from s3 on :lol:  ;(

Buffy Summers

Buffy Summers

I'm cookie dough.

• GF Benefactor
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,523 posts
  • From the Top: Member Since 2009
  • GFA '13: Mod Spotlight
  • GFA '14: Biggest Ryder Stan
  • GFA '15: Best Veteran Member

Chyler gave an interview this week in which she said she insisted on being involved in the casting process of Maggie,  and one of the reasons was because they are all so close and such good friends and such an amazing group. So it was important to her that Maggie was played by someone who would fit into the group and be part of that family. She said she is kind of the mother of the group like that :lol:

I love that for now this is a group with so little drama and they all love each other ;(      But I shouldn't jinx it because remeber back in s2 of glee when they were all obsessed with each other lmao, it all went downhill from s3 on :lol:   ;(

umm I was going to mention that they remind me of glee cast but decided it was wiser not to mention after all :)

CatfishKara Zor-El

CatfishKara Zor-El

Advanced Member

• GF Benefactor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,618 posts
  • GFA '15: Mod Spotlight

umm I was going to mention that they remind me of glee cast but decided it was wiser not to mention after all :)

There is absolutely nothing about this cast that even remotely reminds of the glee cast. Lol

It's too bad the fandom can't follow the casts lead in how they interact. Seems every day an actor from this show is the target of some outrage on twitter. It's exhausting.

Santana Lopez

Santana Lopez

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,251 posts

Yeah it's amazing how people find something to hate on for EVERYONE

Melissa plays a converted muslim in a movie no one has seen

Floriana has the wrong boyfriend and doesn't have a clear race

Mechad congratulated that boyfriend for winning an Oscar and told people to chill

Jeremy used a weird wording to express what he wants and now people think he thinks straight couples need rep

Chris is white

Chyler said the show shows lesbians can havve normal relationships too

Am I missing something?   Most problematic cast evaaaaaahhhhh

Michael Clifford

Michael Clifford

My name's blurryface and I care what you think

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts

The cast seems like a family which always makes a cast special in that way. I just wouldn't like to think they are like another cast from another show as any cast from any show is different. 

Maggie Sawyer

Maggie Sawyer

I never want to stop having firsts with you

• imgAdministrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,567 posts
  • GFA '13: Best Poster
  • GFA '14: Biggest Gleek
  • GFA '15: Most Positive

This is such an incredible Alex video, I had seen it a couple months ago and meant to post it here but forgot. But I saw that Chyler recently saw it herself through Twitter, which is super cool, so I rewatched it and it's amazing as ever and captures her so well. 

gah, I love Alex so much :wub:  :wub: . This reminds me that I'm aware it's irrational to put Maggie slightly ahead of her in terms of favorites, as the development difference is insane, but I have this personal/deep attachment to Maggie that I both can and can't explain. But Alex is so important to me, I guess is what I'm trying to say. And Kara is too of course, for different reasons. And that video also reminds me we need more Danvers sisters this season ;(

Buffy Summers

Buffy Summers

I'm cookie dough.

• GF Benefactor
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,523 posts
  • From the Top: Member Since 2009
  • GFA '14: Biggest Ryder Stan
  • GFA '15: Best Veteran Member

This is such an incredible Alex video, I had seen it a couple months ago and meant to post it here but forgot. But I saw that Chyler recently saw it herself through Twitter, which is super cool, so I rewatched it and it's amazing as ever and captures her so well. 

gah, I love Alex so much :wub:  :wub: . This reminds me that I'm aware it's irrational to put Maggie slightly ahead of her in terms of favorites, as the development difference is insane, but I have this personal/deep attachment to Maggie that I both can and can't explain. But Alex is so important to me, I guess is what I'm trying to say. And Kara is too of course, for different reasons. And that video also reminds me we need more Danvers sisters this season ;(

What a beautiful journey. :wub: I think she had the best character development on the show. She really sneaked up on me even though I already liked her a lot (and I've always loved Chyler), she surpassed Kara for me.  ;(  :wub:

Santana Lopez

Santana Lopez

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,251 posts

ALEX ;( :wub:

Michael Clifford

Michael Clifford

My name's blurryface and I care what you think

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts

What a beautiful video showing her journey and there will be more to come  :wub:

Maggie Sawyer

Maggie Sawyer

• imgAdministrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,567 posts
@chy_leigh: EXCITED to attend the #glaadawards #saturdaynight w/my lovely date, @florianalima Thank u @glaad 4 nominating #Sanvers 🏳️‍🌈@TheCWSupergirl

Santana Lopez

Santana Lopez

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,251 posts
WHAHHAT

Brody Weston

Brody Weston

Advanced Member

• GF Benefactor
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,257 posts
  • GFA '15: Biggest Crackshipper

So... this week's episode of Supergirl features... a complete rip off of Big Hero 6.

;(

KittyCat

KittyCat

Advanced Member

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts

http://www.supermans...om/0416201.html

Melissa Benoist Attending "Heroes & Villains Fan Fest - London"

melissa_benoist_supergirl_costume.jpg

by Neil Cole

Actress Melissa Benoist will be among the featured guests attending the "Heroes & Villains Fan Fest - London" which takes place May 27th and 28th at the Olympia London convention hall in London, England.

Benoist is best known for her starring roles as Supergirl/Kara Danvers on the hit CBS television series "Supergirl" and as the character Marley Rose for two seasons on the FOX series "Glee".

She has appeared in a number of other television series including "Homeland," "The Good Wife," and "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" as well as such films such as "Danny Collins," "The Longest Ride," "Patriots Day," and the Oscar-winning 2014 film "Whiplash".

Also appearing at the convention alongside Benoist will be Brandon Routh (Superman/Clark Kent - "Superman Returns"; Ray Palmer/The Atom - "Legends of Tomorrow") and Stephen Amell (Oliver Queen/Arrow - "Arrow"; Casey Jones - "TMNT").

Benoist will be available for autographs and photo-ops both days of the convention. For more information, please visit HeroesFanFest.com

http://heroesfanfest.../london/guests/

Full list of guests in London 

With Melissa......Stephen Amell, Mehcad Brooks, Chris Wood, Candice Patton, John Barrowman.  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

CatfishKara Zor-El

CatfishKara Zor-El

Advanced Member

• GF Benefactor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,618 posts
  • GFA '15: Mod Spotlight

Upfronts were today. Not much news with Supergirl. Melissa was there. She did the red carpet and a few interviews so those should be op later. 

The timeslot is still the same in but a new show, Valor, will follow it. 

There will be another four way crossover next season. Black lightning will not be involved. 

Here is the synopsis for season 3: 

SUPERGIRL is an action-adventure drama based on the DC character Kara Zor-El, (Melissa Benoist) Superman’s (Kal-El) cousin who, after 12 years of keeping her powers a secret on Earth, decides to finally embrace her superhuman abilities and be the hero she was always meant to be. Twelve-year-old Kara escaped the doomed planet Krypton with her parents’ help at the same time as the infant Kal-El. Protected and raised on Earth by her foster family, the Danvers, Kara grew up in the shadow of her foster sister, Alex (Chyler Leigh), and learned to conceal the phenomenal powers she shares with her famous cousin in order to keep her identity a secret. Years later, Kara was living in National City and still concealing her powers, when a plane crash threatened Alex’s life and Kara took to the sky to save her. Now, Kara balances her work as a reporter for CatCo Worldwide Media with her work for the Department of Extra-Normal Operations (DEO), a super-secret government organization whose mission is to keep National City – and the Earth – safe from sinister threats. At the DEO, Kara works for J’onn J’onzz (David Harewood), the Martian Manhunter, and alongside her sister, Alex, and best friend, Winn Schott (Jeremy Jordan). Also in Kara’s life are media mogul Cat Grant (Calista Flockhart), James Olsen (Mehcad Brooks), a photo journalist who moonlights as Guardian, a masked vigilante, Lena Luthor (Katie McGrath), and Mon-El of Daxam (Chris Wood), whose planet was ravaged by Krypton’s destruction. As Kara struggles to navigate her relationships and her burgeoning life as a reporter, her heart soars as she takes to the skies as Supergirl to fight crime. Based on characters created by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, SUPERGIRL is from Berlanti Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television, with executive producers Greg Berlanti (“The Flash,” “Arrow”), Andrew Kreisberg (“The Flash,” “Arrow”), Sarah Schechter (“Arrow,” “The Flash”), Robert Rovner (“Private Practice,” “Dallas”) and Jessica Queller (“Gilmore Girls,” “Gossip Girl,” “Felicity”).

Finn Hudson

Finn Hudson

Finn + Kitty are my favs

• GF Benefactor
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,889 posts
  • GFA '14: Biggest Finn Stan
I'm going to meet Melissa in July! Heroes & Villains fan fest Nashville!

Maggie Sawyer

Maggie Sawyer

• imgAdministrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,567 posts

I'm going to meet Melissa in July! Heroes & Villains fan fest Nashville!

That's awesome!!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dc comics, melissa benoist, greg berlanti, ali adler, cbs, warner brothers television

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users