Photo

Darren Criss in "Smitten!"

• Please log in to reply
182 replies to this topic

Poll: Darren Criss in "Smitten!" (34 member(s) have cast votes)

How do you want spoilers for Smitten! to be displayed?

1. No tags, no warning. Let it all hang out. (17 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

2. No tags, warning beforehand. Placing bolded "SPOILERS" before and after spoilers. Linking images instead of embedding them. (4 votes [11.76%])

Percentage of vote: 11.76%

3. No tags, black bars. Cover spoilers with black bars. Linking images instead of embedding them. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. Spoiler tags, made by typing putting spoiler and /spoiler in brackets like this: [spoiler ] (13 votes [38.24%])

Percentage of vote: 38.24%

5. Other (Please explain in the thread) (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Will this movie change its name again?

1. Yes, it already has. (11 votes [32.35%])

Percentage of vote: 32.35%

2. No, since people love exclamation points!!!! (3 votes [8.82%])

Percentage of vote: 8.82%

3. :shrug: (20 votes [58.82%])

Percentage of vote: 58.82%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Bob Morley

Bob Morley

I'm Smitten!

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,264 posts
  • GFA '15: Most Active

POPULAR

'Glee's' Darren Criss to Star in Romantic Comedy 'Smitten!' (Exclusive)

Barry Morrow, who won an Oscar for the screenplay for 'Rain Man,' will make his directorial debut with the indie.

Fresh off his Emmy nomination for his original song in GleeDarren Criss has booked his first feature film role since the popular musical comedy series ended.

He'll star in romantic comedy Smitten!, which will be screenwriter Barry Morrow's directorial debut. Morrow, who will direct Smitten! based on his own script, won an Oscar for writing the screenplay for Rain Man.

The film, which will begin shooting in Italy on Monday, is an enchanted fable, a caper, and four romances centering around a young American fashion executive (Criss) who gets kidnapped and taken into the alpine mountains by three bumbling members of the mafia.

Smitten! will also star Madalina Ghenea and Angela Molina.

Julia Rask, David Nichols and Morrow will produce. The film will shoot four weeks in Italy before moving to Rome for three weeks.

Criss, who played Blaine Anderson on Fox's hit series Glee, went from the show to Broadway, starring as Hedwig in Hedwig and the Angry Inch. On Thursday, he was nominated for an Emmy for outstanding original music and lyrics for his song "Dreams Come True / Song Title: This Time." He previously voiced characters in the critically acclaimed animated films The Tale of The Princess Kaguya and The Wind Rises. He's repped by CAA, Schumacher Management and Hansen, Jacobson.

Ghenea turned heads with her role in Youth, which premiered at Cannes. She’s also appeared on the TV series Borgia. She’s repped by Twelve Entertainment. Molina’s credits include 2009’sBroken Embraces and 2010’s The Way. She’s repped by Agence Adequat and Double M Management.

Morrow is repped by Gersh.

Source

daisymazey

daisymazey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
They start filming Monday!! in Italy! I hope that isn't when Darren is expected to start shooting since he has closing night for Hedwig Sunday afternoon. If he is filming on Monday, his work ethic is absolutely unbelievable!

Bob Morley

Bob Morley

I'm Smitten!

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,264 posts

They start filming Monday!! in Italy! I hope that isn't when Darren is expected to start shooting since he has closing night for Hedwig Sunday afternoon. If he is filming on Monday, his work ethic is absolutely unbelievable!

I am very sure they are aware of his schedule. Maybe they start with rehearsals on Monday, or with scenes he is not a part of yet. We know he will be in Italy for sure on Friday for Giffoni. So maybe he starts after that or only does rehearsals before.

I am not a pro in regards to filming movies. ^^

Minttea

Minttea

Fruity Fonzie

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,222 posts
  • GFA '15: Smartest

The film will shoot four weeks in Italy before moving to Rome for three weeks.

Rome is in Italy. LOL
I guess that's 7 weeks in Italy for Darren. He must be happy to have a chance to use his Italian for a while.

daisymazey

daisymazey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
Thanks BlaineEyes for again being on the ball and creating a new thread for us!

Bob Morley

Bob Morley

I'm Smitten!

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,264 posts

Rome is in Italy. LOL

I guess that's 7 weeks in Italy for Darren. He must be happy to have a chance to use his Italian for a while.

I saw that and was like "But Rome is in Italy? I am not *that* bad at geography, am I?". lol

And yeah, 7 weeks should mean until the first week of September. So round about the time he was supposed to go to that Italian con.

CatfishKara Zor-El

CatfishKara Zor-El

Advanced Member

• GF Benefactor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,623 posts
  • GFA '15: Mod Spotlight

POPULAR

Go Darren Go!

Broadway, and Movies, and Emmys, OH MY!  :clap:

dizzie

dizzie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,678 posts

POPULAR

Great news. The good stuff just keeps coming for Darren. But seriously, spending the summer in Italy must have sounded like a dream come true for him! We all know he can speak Italian pretty well, I imagine the film will offer an opportunity to demonstrate that further! It's like my kryptonite - Darren speaking Italian! More Darren photos to come this summer - this time in glorious Italian settings, and probably looking pretty f***ing suave! Armani suits, anyone!

Bob Morley

Bob Morley

I'm Smitten!

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,264 posts

POPULAR

He will play a fashion excecutive so I bet he'll wear fancy clothes, at least in the beginning.

And he will have that amazing Hedwig body still.

:clap:  :wub:  :relieved:

Gleek1978

Gleek1978

Advanced Member

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,418 posts
  • GFA '15: Biggest Gleek

He will play a fashion excecutive so I bet he'll wear fancy clothes, at least in the beginning.

And he will have that amazing Hedwig body still.

:clap:  :wub:  :relieved:

I can't wait to see what they put him in.

Bob Morley

Bob Morley

I'm Smitten!

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,264 posts

A tiny bit of info that was released back in May.

"Ghenea will play the lead in Condemned to Love, the directorial debut of Oscar-winning screenwriter Barry Morrow (Rain Man), which she describes as a “magical love story” akin toChocolat, Amelie or Midnight in Paris, with shooting set to start this summer in Italy's Dolomite Mountains. The male lead – an American actor – is currently being cast."

Source

Bd123

Bd123

Advanced Member

• GF Benefactor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,571 posts
  • GFA '14: Friendliest
  • GFA '15: Friendliest

Such amazing news! I'm so excited! 

Beck

Beck

distracting me

• GF Benefactor
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,583 posts
  • GFA '13: Best Username
I'll probably not be able to see this in theaters (the one near me doesn't show indie movies, sadly) but it sounds interesting, glad to hear Darren is doing well. And btw, congrats on the amazing Emmy news!! So exciting for Darren

Bob Morley

Bob Morley

I'm Smitten!

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,264 posts

:wub:

tumblr_nrnz0mfVxA1susnhzo1_500.png

Commander Lexa

Commander Lexa

So classic

• GF Benefactor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,708 posts
  • GFA '15: Most Respectful

Sounds like a film that I would be interested in (even without any cast members being in it.). Good for him.  :party: Won't be able to see in any local theaters (none near me play indie films either) but exciting either way.  :)

londongirl

londongirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,863 posts
Yay! This sounds amazing! I love films like this. And he'll be in Italy! He must be chuffed to bits about that!

Sam Evans

Sam Evans

counting to fifteen

• imgAdministrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 51,269 posts
  • GFA '12: Best Gay
  • GFA '13: Favorite Mod/Admin
  • GFA '14: Biggest Sam Stan
  • GFA '15: Most Perverted

Awesome news! :clap:

RipHunter(rippy)

RipHunter(rippy)

Rawwry

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

YEASSS!!!

Doesnt matter if Glee "lost" its way after a season or whatever, it was indeed a great launching pad/ career boost  for all our lovely cast :D

Bob Morley

Bob Morley

I'm Smitten!

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,264 posts

POPULAR

Darren's Smitten! co-star started following him on Instagram and she does seem to post BTS stuff. She already posted 2 pics with the crew having dinner or something. So fingers crossed she will post more stuff once Darren is on set.

tumblr_nrqnyzL7Gg1qbqtkso1_540.png

classexa

classexa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

She's quite the looker..and tall  :lol: What part does she play?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users