most offensive moments of glee

• Please log in to reply
184 replies to this topic

guapguru

guapguru

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Haven't read the entire thread yet, but one that comes to mind is how the writers spun the Artie/Brittany breakup in Brittany's favor. They tried to make the audience feel more sorry for Brittany over Artie calling her stupid in a moment of anger and betrayal, when the initial reason for the argument was to tackle her cheating on him and then later on trying to justify it. 

jaymcb

jaymcb

"Now they are all looking for a Lea Michele type"

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 30,584 posts
  • From the Top: Member Since 2009

Haven't read the entire thread yet, but one that comes to mind is how the writers spun the Artie/Brittany breakup in Brittany's favor. They tried to make the audience feel more sorry for Brittany over Artie calling her stupid in a moment of anger and betrayal, when the initial reason for the argument was to tackle her cheating on him and then later on trying to justify it. 

Nothing new, they tried to make it Kurt's fault Blaine cheated on him becasue he  skipped a phone call after being gone a whole 2 or 3 weeks.  Same episode they tried to  pretend Rachel cheated on Finn with Brody even though Finn refused to speak to her for months after he set her free.

Santana Lopez

Santana Lopez

No wonder I'm crazy! This just solves it all ♥

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 29,178 posts
  • GFA '14: Biggest Brittany and Santana Stan
  • GFA '15: Best Friendship: Karina & Valerie

I don't think they tried to make it Artie's fault that Brittany cheated on him at all.  What they did, is try to make Artie's pain "invalid" by making him do something bad too. Which is an often used glee tactic in order to not make fights too one-sided. Blaine fans have complained about this a lot, because everytime kurt did something bad, they made Blaine do something worse, making everyone forget what Kurt did. And it's something Santana suffered from a lot too. Everytime someone wronged her, they made her go on an awful bitch rant insulting that person with everything she could think of, so at the end of the episode all everyone remembered was what an awful bitch Santana was, rather than how she was wronged.

And that is at the same time something the glee fandom has always struggled with. The glee fandom has a very weird "you hurt me, so now I get to hurt you back" mentality.  Kurt ignored Blaine?  Well then it isn't so bad that Blaine cheated on him! Kurt hurt him first!  Santana was mean to Finn?  Well then good on him for outing her! She hurt him first!  Brittany cheated on Artie?  Well then please yell at her how stupid she is, when the episode before she was wearing a t-shirt that was supposed to show your biggest insecurity and hers was thinking she's stupid. She hurt him first after all, right?

Majormanafemale

Majormanafemale

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
What Brittany did to Artie was far worse then Artie calling her stupid. Though Artie was dummy for returning to her in S2. She used him for his voice.she raped him. Go back and watch season 2 duets. Go watch there scene near end.the thing is as much as others and writers wanted ppl to believe Brittany and Kurt where innocent always I never felt that. And frankly until senior year of high school Blaine was innocent. Artie was innocent until college where he decided to be foolish. Yeah they made small mistakes prior and even then after there big mistakes they felt awful. Blaine and Artie are only characters who showed remorse for negative actions. Tina made excuses for herself as did Kurt. And Brittany never even told her actions where wrong. Which is so not ok. Artie being hurt by her twice doesn't tell her her actions are wrong.

Santana Lopez

Santana Lopez

No wonder I'm crazy! This just solves it all ♥

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 29,178 posts
  • GFA '14: Biggest Brittany and Santana Stan
  • GFA '15: Best Friendship: Karina & Valerie
Uhm you are confusing things. Brittany raping Artie who did not want sex with her in any means, happened in 2x04, artie calling Brittany stupid is in 2x19, i do not think there is a direct relation or comparison between those two events that have like a whole school year in between

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users