Santana Lopez

Santana Lopez

No wonder I'm crazy! This just solves it all ♥

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,677 posts
  • GFA '14: Biggest Brittany and Santana Stan
  • GFA '15: Best Friendship: Karina & Valerie

There's new pics and stuff regularly now, so I thought i'd open a thread!

Glee’s Naya Rivera and Couples Retreat’s Faizon Love have signed on to star in the drama series alongside recording artist Ne-Yo, who is set to recur on the show.

The streamer announced plans to bring Step Up to the small screen last June and is now in production on the series, dubbed Step Up: High Water, in Atlanta. The 10-episode drama, which hails from YouTube Originals and Lionsgate, is expected to bow on YouTube’s subscription streaming service, Red, this fall.

High Water will reunite much of the team behind the franchise, which started with the 2006 film starring Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan Tatum and went on to gross $650 million globally across six films. Tatum and Dewan Tatum are executive producing alongside original producers Adam Shankman, Jennifer Gibgot and Meredith Milton. Series creator Holly Sorenson (Recovery Road, Make It Or Break It) is also executive producing. Shankman directs the pilot.

Four-time Grammy-winning producer Jason “PooBear” Boyd and Jared Gutstadt, co-founder and chief creative officer of music agency Jingle Punks, are creating original songs for High Water. Jamal Sims returns to the franchise to choreograph the first episode, while all remaining episodes are choreographed by Jamaica Craft.

The series centers on Atlanta’s famed High Water Performing Arts School, which is run by Ne-Yo’s Sage Odom. Rivera stars as Collette, a former dancer turned administrator who has a history with Sage and secrets of her own. Lauryn McClain (Tyler Perry’s Daddy’s Little Girls) stars as Janelle, an ambitious dancer who, along with her twin brother Tal, played by Petrice Jones (iBoy), was uprooted from suburban Ohio to live with Love’s Uncle Al.

The twins meet Dondre, played by Marcus Mitchell (High Strung), who introduces them to the Atlanta party scene. The cast also includes Jade Chynoweth (The Last Ship), Carlito Olivero (Bad Samaritan), Terrence Green (Being Mary Jane), R. Marcos Taylor (Baby Driver) and newcomers Eric Graise and Kendra Oyesanya.

High Water will join other drama series including Doug Liman’s Impulse on the $10-per-month YouTube Red.

This is a picture of what seems to be the cast

tumblr_oslfaiKGXq1s57bimo1_540.png
tumblr_oslfaiKGXq1s57bimo2_r1_1280.png

Choreographer Savion Glover was there the other day

tumblr_ot08qs9EdK1s57bimo1_500.jpg

adamshankman Then there was that episode we just wrapped where #savionglover came to @stepupseries and blew all our minds…oh, and @nayarivera had a cute braid.
nayarivera Hahaha fishtail babe!

This is a potato camera promo pic Naya put in her instagram stories :)

tumblr_oszt4xf6JP1s57bimo1_400.jpg

The cast (minus Naya ofc) did a freestyle dance promo vid!

thelongroad

thelongroad

Advanced Member

• GF Benefactor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

I'm excited it's coming this fall. For some reason I thought the initial info said it would be next year. That promo makes it seem super dramatic  :)   Maybe soon we'll get a hint to what type character Naya will be playing beyond the Mr. Schue type description - and if she'll have to dance with these guys at all  :lol:

Santana Lopez

Santana Lopez

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,677 posts

I suggest they hire Heather again to come her teach the dances :)

For some reason I hadn't paid attention to her name yet. She'll be called Collette :lol:

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts

I like dance movies and I have never seen Naya in other shows than Glee. So, I may give this a try. Just hope it's closer to the Step Up movies than what we see in that trailer. 

Gleek1978

Gleek1978

Advanced Member

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,422 posts
  • GFA '15: Biggest Gleek

I love it when the Glee cast do shows I would be interested in watching anyway. Looking forward to seeing Naya in it.

Santana Lopez

Santana Lopez

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,677 posts

:wub:  :wub:

tumblr_otcrzp8D0A1s57bimo1_r1_1280.png

chantilly

chantilly

Advanced Member

• GFA Award Winners
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,243 posts
  • GFA '15: Mod Spotlight
When is this going to start airing?

thelongroad

thelongroad

Advanced Member

• GF Benefactor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

I think they've only so far said 'This Fall', but no premiere date as far as I know.

Santana Lopez

Santana Lopez

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,677 posts

This tweet says they are halfway the production

petricej Been a crazy journey. Half way through production already… @youtube @ytredoriginals #ytredoriginals @stepupseries #stepupseries #stepup

tumblr_otjxc6jsbS1s57bimo1_1280.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users